3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Ghoffman9

Apparently You Can Only Reset Awards Ten Times

Ghoffman9

I recently discovered this after picking so many herbs I reset this one trade award ten times for selling 100 herbs to a doctor. I went to reset it for an eleventh time and it won't let me reset anymore, what crap. Is me being given 0.20 gold once in awhile really that much of a bother to Rockstar that they put a cap on how many times you can reset each award? How pathetic.

Red Lynx 23

I had maxed out selling herbs to a doctor, and killing two animals in an explosion. Closing in on the tenth and final reset of killing enemies while on horseback as well.

ThaBirdCoot
Posted (edited)

This was well known, right ? Honestly I don't personnaly have a problem with it. Done a lot of awards 10 times by now. Selling to butcher, herbs, 2x animal explosion or repeater kills are all long maxed out. I think with dailies we now have been given better opportunities for getting a few additional gold nuggets, each day too. So awards kinda come second anyway. 

Edited by ThaBirdCoot

Ghoffman9
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, ThaBirdCoot said:

This was well known, right ? Honestly I don't personnaly have a problem with it. Done a lot of awards 10 times by now. Selling to butcher, herbs, 2x animal explosion or repeater kills are all long maxed out. I think with dailies we now have been given better opportunities for getting a few additional gold nuggets, each day too. So awards kinda come second anyway. 

Yeah if you wish to bother. Quite a few are so time consuming you make just as much gold just by doing story missions instead and some cash on the side. Often times most of them are telling you to kill other players, which I don't like to do. I do not enjoy being an asshole and attacking other players for no reason who are minding their own business. A lot of times I been attacked by people who sent me either a text or voice message right after apologizing and said they only did it for a daily. Course I always tell them not to worry about it and that I blame Rockstar much more than I blame them. When it comes to Gta Online and RDO I have the same philosophy as Tony Montana.

Edited by Ghoffman9

ThaBirdCoot

I get ya. Just saying most dailies are really easy in comparison to most of the awards we have. Kill said animal or get a few kills with said weapon, get drunk for example, really I rather do those in a day's session than work for some of those tedious awards which some of require ingenious ways of procedure. If a player chooses the easy route of being a dick just for a few gold nuggets it's on R* and their design indeed. I still blame em though because they do their dirty work. Every single player kill with x weapon can be done in a showdown or race. If these people are too lazy to take their asses to showdown or any competitive mode I will blame em. And expect no apologies. Just a bullet.

Failed Again
2 hours ago, Ghoffman9 said:

I recently discovered this after picking so many herbs I reset this one trade award ten times for selling 100 herbs to a doctor. I went to reset it for an eleventh time and it won't let me reset anymore, what crap. Is me being given 0.20 gold once in awhile really that much of a bother to Rockstar that they put a cap on how many times you can reset each award? How pathetic.

Take two Bitters and called me in the morning..

that sucks/

4 minutes ago, ThaBirdCoot said:

I get ya. Just saying most dailies are really easy in comparison to most of the awards we have. Kill said animal or get a few kills with said weapon, get drunk for example, really I rather do those in a day's session than work for some of those tedious awards which some of require ingenious ways of procedure. If a player chooses the easy route of being a dick just for a few gold nuggets it's on R* and their design indeed. I still blame em though because they do their dirty work. Every single player kill with x weapon can be done in a showdown or race. If these people are too lazy to take their asses to showdown or any competitive mode I will blame em. And expect no apologies. Just a bullet.

Except X number of challenges seem to reset to zero..

ThaBirdCoot
2 minutes ago, Failed Again said:

Take two Bitters and called me in the morning..

that sucks/

Except X number of challenges seem to reset to zero..

Sure. With the dreaded R* game services error. But that is the whole story of this beta. Errors and bugs online edition.

Ghoffman9
1 hour ago, ThaBirdCoot said:

I do not PvP all that much cause I hate the changes. Particularly being able to one shot players with any weapon instead of traditionally being limited to sniper rifles only. It drastically reduces the TTK, fights often determined by who spots who first as well as them often ending in the first shot fired. Its why I dislike Twitch shooters. The ability cards only muddy the waters even more.

Failed Again
Posted (edited)

I think we all agree when issues work against us

Fun is diminished..

Guzzles tonics.ah feel betr now ..😁

Edited by Failed Again

Ghoffman9
1 hour ago, ThaBirdCoot said:

Sure. With the dreaded R* game services error. But that is the whole story of this beta. Errors and bugs online edition.

For it being a Beta, they sure love charging you like its a full and completed release. Funny that.

ThaBirdCoot
Just now, Ghoffman9 said:

For it being a Beta, they sure love charging you like its a full and completed release. Funny 

Idk if you misunderstood me but I am not defending the beta excuse by R*. Would be far off. I was sarcastically pointing the finger at all the bugs and glitches we have.

AmyStone
7 hours ago, Ghoffman9 said:

I'm not sure why you're complaining. We were lucky to have been able to reset them at all.

Rafae S

tbh I'm surprised they let us reset them at all... AND give us twenty gold nuggets every time for it.

that's plenty generous as it is.

BUT THE BENZ

2 goldbars is nothing though....when all you get for that is a pair of rifleman gloves...for example. considering the time and grind you put in to get there, reset 10x... meh

Rafae S
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, BUT THE BENZ said:

2 goldbars is nothing though....when all you get for that is a pair of rifleman gloves...for example. considering the time and grind you put in to get there, reset 10x... meh

pretty sure the awards aren't meant to be grinded towards, rather something you achieve naturally as you play the game. you're really grinding them over and over again for what exactly? the XP? you could easily make that elsewhere in a fraction of the time.

the gold nuggets for resetting imo are just an added bonus. the XP at the end of it all is plenty reasonable of a reward as it is.

Edited by Rafae S

ThaBirdCoot

I only grind a few awards for achievement purposes. Xp or gold don't matter to me really. But some of them were helpful when I first started playing. 

4eyedcoupe

There have been a couple that I have purposely set out to get like kill 6 enemies with revolverwithout reloading, or kill 2 animals with dynamite.  But I agree with @Rafae S...No need to grind them, alot of them will come naturally over time playing the game and I accept that there are some I will never accomplish

Ghoffman9
4 hours ago, BUT THE BENZ said:

I liked them as an idea where it rewards you once in a blue moon for just playing the game and reaching certain milestones, as a token of appreciation for sticking around to have played long enough to achieve it. I thought it was a nice concept. I did not actively seek out these rewards, this evident by the fact I only discovered this recently and not long ago like some of you have. Putting a cap on those awards, most of them would take very long periods of time to make gold just one time I found was just Rockstar being so greedy that they don't even like you getting 0.20 once in a blue moon for milestones achieved during normal play. Not without putting a stop to it after a certain point.

Like you said, doing it ten times would only net you two gold, so why such an overreaction over something so small? Players would have to play the game for years to get anything substantial out of resetting awards exclusively. Its an action clearly driven out of greed that is deserving of criticism.

BUT THE BENZ

you simply achieve them as you play...that's how it's supposed to be, and I don't grind them. I was just sayin the rewards for the reset are rather...meaningless, looking at the prices in stores.

Ghoffman9
1 hour ago, 4eyedcoupe said:

There have been a couple that I have purposely set out to get like kill 6 enemies with revolverwithout reloading, or kill 2 animals with dynamite.  But I agree with @Rafae S...No need to grind them, alot of them will come naturally over time playing the game and I accept that there are some I will never accomplish

Awards such as those cannot even be reset to begin with and for obvious reasons. Its a pretty easy award to achieve that can be done in no time flat. I am talking about rewards such as killing 1000 enemies with a repeater. Ones that take very long of periods of time just to get to gold one time.

1 hour ago, BUT THE BENZ said:

you simply achieve them as you play...that's how it's supposed to be, and I don't grind them. I was just sayin the rewards for the reset are rather...meaningless, looking at the prices in stores.

Yeah...until you played long enough to do it enough times that you make two gold ingots, then Rockstar in their greed puts a stop to it real quick. An amount that would only cover a pair of gloves. Cannot let that affect the bottom line now. Its for the same reason why they nerfed hunting but bugs like your horse bonding still being reset, a bug thats been around since launch, is still here. Pure greed, anything that doesn't hurt the bottom line they take their sweet time fixing. If at all.

Daleificent
2 minutes ago, Ghoffman9 said:

I liked them as an idea where it rewards you once in a blue moon for just playing the game and reaching certain milestones, as a token of appreciation for sticking around to have played long enough to achieve it. I thought it was a nice concept. I did not actively seek out these rewards, this evident by the fact I only discovered this recently and not long ago like some of you have. Putting a cap on those awards, most of them would take very long periods of time to make gold just one time I found was just Rockstar being so greedy that they don't even like you getting 0.20 once in a blue moon for milestones achieved during normal play. Not without putting a stop to it after a certain point.

Like you said, doing it ten times would only net you two gold, so why such an overreaction over something so small? Players would have to play the game for years to get anything substantial out of resetting awards exclusively. Its an action clearly driven out of greed that is deserving of criticism.

I wouldn't class it as overreaction. It makes sense considering they're pushing MXT differently then say GTAO which uses just cash. We have gold bars and several methods of reliably grinding for premium currency. Some methods are naturally going to be capped after a while so more people get pushed towards buying them. Greedy? MXT is greedy sure, limiting methods on getting premium currency should be expected though. It makes sense considering.

I do agree that I wouldn't cap them, probably just stop giving gold and exp rewards. Give you a virtual 'good job' and move on after 10 times.

4 minutes ago, Ghoffman9 said:

Awards such as those cannot even be reset to begin with and for obvious reasons. Its a pretty easy award to achieve that can be done in no time flat. I am talking about rewards such as killing 1000 enemies with a repeater. Ones that take very long of periods of time just to get to gold one time.

You can reset the kill 2 animals w/ dynamite. You should try it tbh, throw dynamite in a stream kill a crap ton of fish. Bam, half way done if it was a good one. I grinded the hell out of it like 4eyedcoupe.

*Lola
11 hours ago, Ghoffman9 said:

Often times most of them are telling you to kill other players, which I don't like to do. I do not enjoy being an asshole and attacking other players for no reason who are minding their own business. A lot of times I been attacked by people who sent me either a text or voice message right after apologizing and said they only did it for a daily. Course I always tell them not to worry about it and that I blame Rockstar much more than I blame them.

If possible we'll do all daily challenges killings and such with our posses and friends. Don't have to bother others this way.

wehweh01

The award resets maxing at 10 is kinda lame though. It's not like you can exploit it. They all take quite a bit of work. Once all the awards you crave are gone you're left with either Freeroam missions, Adversary modes, and Story missions. Oh ya and the occasional treasure map from a gang hideout or something. 

Chrismads
12 hours ago, wehweh01 said:

The award resets maxing at 10 is kinda lame though. It's not like you can exploit it. They all take quite a bit of work. Once all the awards you crave are gone you're left with either Freeroam missions, Adversary modes, and Story missions. Oh ya and the occasional treasure map from a gang hideout or something. 

Have you ever blown up fish? I would be a gold bar millionaire if there was no limit.

Ghoffman9
12 hours ago, Chrismads said:

Have you ever blown up fish? I would be a gold bar millionaire if there was no limit.

The thing is that we are talking about awards that take large amounts of time to attain. 1000 enemies killed with certain weapon types, 1000 herbs picked and other such awards that would take months at the very least to reach gold one time. Whats the harm on such awards not having a cap? 0.20 addtional gold and some EXP given once every few months really that bad? Thats the thing, its not, but Rockstar is so damn greedy that they even consider that to be too much and cut you off after you do it enough times. They hate the idea of you making anything without paying for it so much that even 0.20 gold once every few months is considered too much by their standards.

There are some awards that should have caps, no one is debating that. Awards such as six headshots with a revolver without reloading, blowing up fish, and so forth that are easy to do and can be accomplished in no time at all. I am talking about the ones that requires major time investments to get. Awards that take so long to make gold a single time I see no harm in not having a cap at all. Its the principle of it all and their motivations behind it.

Edited by Ghoffman9

Chrismads
48 minutes ago, Ghoffman9 said:

The thing is that we are talking about awards that take large amounts of time to attain. 1000 enemies killed with certain weapon types, 1000 herbs picked and other such awards that would take months at the very least to reach gold one time. Whats the harm on such awards not having a cap? 0.20 addtional gold and some EXP given once every few months really that bad? Thats the thing, its not, but Rockstar is so damn greedy that they even consider that to be too much and cut you off after you do it enough times. They hate the idea of you making anything without paying for it so much that even 0.20 gold once every few months is considered too much by their standards.

There are some awards that should have caps, no one is debating that. Awards such as six headshots with a revolver without reloading, blowing up fish, and so forth that are easy to do and can be accomplished in no time at all. I am talking about the ones that requires major time investments to get. Awards that take so long to make gold a single time I see no harm in not having a cap at all. Its the principle of it all and their motivations behind it.

Yes I agree. Some awards should be able to reset infinitely.

But I was responding to this

On 4/12/2019 at 7:08 PM, wehweh01 said:

It's not like you can exploit it. They all take quite a bit of work.

Edited by Chrismads

Pro_Donn
On 4/12/2019 at 2:34 AM, Ghoffman9 said:

Award resets only paid 0.05 gold on release.  They then quadrupled the gold payout to 0.2 a month or 2 later.  I'd rather have fun playing the game rather than selling thousands and thousands of herbs to a doctor so the cap is very reasonable to me.  It also gives us a goal to achieve instead of boring ourselves selling herbs.

Ghoffman9
13 hours ago, Pro_Donn said:

Award resets only paid 0.05 gold on release.  They then quadrupled the gold payout to 0.2 a month or 2 later.  I'd rather have fun playing the game rather than selling thousands and thousands of herbs to a doctor so the cap is very reasonable to me.  It also gives us a goal to achieve instead of boring ourselves selling herbs.

Clearly you did not read my other posts on this thread, but I will save you time and quote myself on a tidbit from a post of mine.

On 4/12/2019 at 10:27 AM, Ghoffman9 said:

I thought it was a nice concept. I did not actively seek out these rewards, this evident by the fact I only discovered this recently and not long ago like some of you have.

I'd appreciate it if you keep the straw man and red herring stuff to a minimum. I made my position patently clear over the last few posts.

Edited by Ghoffman9