2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus or tools. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
ALifeOfMisery

LOWRIDERS WEEK

RyuNova
6 hours ago, CanadianMuscle said:

The MKII is on sale.

AGAIN.

They're really bringing out the worst in players, aren't they?

People (not you, just in general) need to realise that the MkII is R*'s Golden Goose and they will milk it for eternity if they could. I shudder to think what the next "Meme" vehicle will be that can dethrone it.

mrgstrings
7 hours ago, CanadianMuscle said:

The MKII is on sale.

AGAIN.

They're really bringing out the worst in players, aren't they?

Targeted sale 25% along with the Schlagen and Itali GTO having 30% discount.

nido997
11 hours ago, mrgstrings said:

Targeted sale 25% along with the Schlagen and Itali GTO having 30% discount.

hmm , 30 % discount on the Itali GTO is nice though .... I just want to see how bad it drives lol !

yeah so finally I upgraded my primo a little bit , benny has helped me giving it a cleaner look and a better interior ...

I do like benny discounts ( but we need more benny´fied cars asap ! )

Grand-Theft-Auto-V-Screenshot-2019-04-11

StormerBoy

I wonder why they have hidden the benny website since the last update. Not hidden, but hard to find if you are new to the game. There is room for it on the homepage.

JackCarter
On 4/12/2019 at 8:55 AM, Jenkiiii said:

The point is, if all people are doing is logging in and going AFK in front of a TV, or using that time to glitch instead of actually playing, enjoying and earning money in GTA online, then there's something wrong with the entire game structure. I spend half my time worrying about the crazy expense of the next update and making sure I always have enough excess cash for it. It was amazing to see entire lobbies AFK in the Devin Western warehouse, going round in circles during the Lester refund glitch, instead of just playing the game.

It's not the game structure that's wrong, it's the player base. I reinstalled and played during the 2x Dispatch week a couple weeks ago and was completely shocked to see that I was a higher rank than 99% of every lobby I entered, despite only progressing around 110 levels since transferring to X1 more than 3 years ago and barely playing the game at all the past 2 years. I don't even own super cars, the only armored cars I own were free, I don't own any of the flying weaponized cars.. These lower ranks do. They have waaay more money than me within the game, I never did all the glitches and businesses, I just did missions and heists and earned over 200M, I never stacked this money, I ran through it, I've never kept more than a few million at once unless saving up for something, or after Criminal Mastermind. I do not understand why so many people play this game the way they do, because they are not good at the game itself, I installed last year for a couple months after hearing about the oppressor and the delorean and all these new death machine gadgets, I ran around on foot with my ballistic weapons like usual, I killed about 50 something people in deloreans and oppressors in mutual combat, no explosives or rockets used, no suicide, with the only death being getting ran over by one of the delorean squads who had to go off radar. When I play missions with these people or heists, they are not good at those either. I do not understand what this game is supposed to be at this point in the timeline as nearly everyone is playing it like it's some kind of job, but then they have very little overall ability when it comes to the actual game itself. But this is all player issue, because we have missions, deathmatches, races, the 500 different adversary modes, survivals, free mode events, last man standings, etc.. there are all these things that nobody wants to do because they don't make as much money as the slavery options they choose. Which really isn't even a game at all. 

Edited by JackCarter

Rafae S

$42k and ~ 7k RP for the first lowrider mission okaaaay rockstar i see you lol

Edited by Rafae S

Rafae S

the premium race that's currently active is literally the easiest fkn cash ever.

CanadianMuscle
3 minutes ago, Rafae S said:

the premium race that's currently active is literally the easiest fkn cash ever.

I still gotta do that race, didn't even get to starting it yet!

Edited by CanadianMuscle

Rafae S
5 minutes ago, CanadianMuscle said:

I still gotta do that race, didn't even get to starting it yet!

it's literally a straight for like a minute and half, locked to sports.

one word: pariah 

Edited by Rafae S

CanadianMuscle
Just now, Rafae S said:

it's literally a straight for like a minute and half, locked to sports.

one word: pariah 

Even the Pariah is something I must buy. Literally every car I own throughout the game is either Muscle or Sports Classics. 😂

Rafae S
Just now, CanadianMuscle said:

Even the Pariah is something I must buy. Literally every car I own throughout the game is either Muscle or Sports Classics. 😂

😳

get on that asap! it'll pay for itself after around 17 wins lol

-LN-
2 minutes ago, CanadianMuscle said:

Literally every car I own throughout the game is either Muscle or Sports Classics. 😂

Those are by far the best cars in the game and we definitely need more of them and more opportunities to use them!

Rafae S

keep the pace, inch by inch & in and out are on double this week but the featured adversary mode is sumo remix...

this game makes absolutely no sense 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

CanadianMuscle
5 minutes ago, -LN- said:

Those are by far the best cars in the game and we definitely need more of them and more opportunities to use them!

They're very interesting vehicles to drive in this game. Supercars just didn't really cut it for me, especially since I've seen the majority of players driving them.

Oh, and here's their best feature:

landscape-1487869456-mustang-bounce-2.gi

-LN-
16 minutes ago, CanadianMuscle said:

They're very interesting vehicles to drive in this game. Supercars just didn't really cut it for me, especially since I've seen the majority of players driving them.

Oh, and here's their best feature:

landscape-1487869456-mustang-bounce-2.gi

I've never been into super cars; there are a few that are nice looking like the XA-21, Entity XF, T-20 and Osiris, but in my opinion, so many of them just "look the same" and they remind me of a piece of pseudo-spacecraft on wheels. I think cars from the 1940s-1970s look the best, especially ones from the 1950s!

I dunno, I just personally don't like the look of most modern cars, especially from the super and sports classes; they just seem to lack something that cars made before the mid-1980s had and I can't quite figure out what it is. There are a few exceptions like the Revolter, which I think is a nice modern "sports" car and some of the sedans and modern muscle cars, but yea, I definitely find super cars to be extremely overrated and they were all you used to see in random races if they were available as an option.

Edited by -LN-

CanadianMuscle
54 minutes ago, -LN- said:

I definitely find super cars to be extremely overrated and they were all you used to see in random races if they were available as an option.

Agreed.

I'd have players sometimes b*tching and complaining about choosing a class that wasn't Super or Sports, and they typically drive rough anyway. Sometimes they'll even say that it's bullsh*t that my Vamos slashed their supercar's drag time in half 😂

bpm81

I just want them to add the Manana and the Emperor to Benny's, is that too much to ask...😥

CanadianMuscle
2 minutes ago, bpm81 said:

I just want them to add the Manana and the Emperor to Benny's, is that too much to ask...😥

The Vapid Peyote too?

Three forgotten lowriders...

Standard Deluxe 59
2 hours ago, -LN- said:

I think cars from the 1940s-1970s look the best, especially ones from the 1950s!

I dunno, I just personally don't like the look of most modern cars, especially from the super and sports classes; they just seem to lack something that cars made before the mid-1980s had and I can't quite figure out what it is.

Damn I too think the car styling between the 40's and 70's was best. I'll tell you what post 80's cars lack: style. Nowadays it's function over form largely from more stringent regulations. Ever wonder what happened to hood ornaments? Pedestrian safety laws got them largely banned in most developed countries. 

Taterman
36 minutes ago, Standard Deluxe 59 said:

Damn I too think the car styling between the 40's and 70's was best. I'll tell you what post 80's cars lack: style. Nowadays it's function over form largely from more stringent regulations. Ever wonder what happened to hood ornaments? Pedestrian safety laws got them largely banned in most developed countries. 

How were they unsafe for pedestrians?  I thought it was more so because they were stolen at times.

Standard Deluxe 59
1 minute ago, Taterman said:

How were they unsafe for pedestrians?  I thought it was more so because they were stolen at times.

I guess they figured a small stand up emblem would impale a pedestrian more than the two ton car that hit them. Fuel economy regulations probably also played a role since a hood ornament would hurt the aerodynamics and cause mpg to drop by .01 miles. Not to mention saving a couple ounces by omitting them.

Sad that I wrote that in a sarcastic manner despite those probably being the actual reasons. :/

-LN-
2 hours ago, bpm81 said:

2 hours ago, CanadianMuscle said:

The Vapid Peyote too?

Yeaaah, definitely agree! These are all great choices and need some attention from Benny!

Also, the Picador! This should have been one of the first ones added way back when Lowriders were first introduced, but it still remains a mostly forgotten vehicle that you could once only obtain from stealing it off the streets. It has been added to the website for puchase, but the mods are very lacking! The Mañana is very much neglected in that regard as well; it still cannot be purchased at all - it's not exactly "rare" but it only seems to spawn within certain areas at random times.

Going back to the Picador though, they should also introduce a Picador Classic as well for the Benny's catalogue. I'd love something like this, with the ability to turn it into a lowrider or keep it standard:

1959-Chevrolet-El-Camino.jpg

Perhaps Vapid could introduce their version as well:

1957-ford-ranchero-front-right-side-view

There are so many different cars that could fit so well into the lowrider theme, but why they chose the Minivan is still beyond me! :p

51 minutes ago, Standard Deluxe 59 said:

Yes! I agree 100%! I'm no expert on what all cars were and are made from, but it seems they shifted from using very strong, built to last metals to very light grades of metal combined with plastics, fibre glass, and god only knows what else mixed in. So many of those great American cars back then were built like tanks and they looked and sounded amazing; they had style and class like nothing else! You're right though, now it's all about safety and fuel efficiency, which I do understand as I myself passionately care about the environment, but my god, modern cars just don't look or feel the same in any way at all and I think that's truly a shame!

Sorry, kinda went off course here, but I do love classic cars and I really hope we get more, lowrider or not, with a nice selection of mods and options!. :D

Edited by -LN-

Taterman
5 minutes ago, Standard Deluxe 59 said:

I guess they figured a small stand up emblem would impale a pedestrian more than the two ton car that hit them. Fuel economy regulations probably also played a role since a hood ornament would hurt the aerodynamics and cause mpg to drop by .01 miles. Not to mention saving a couple ounces by omitting them.

Sad that I wrote that in a sarcastic manner despite those probably being the actual reasons. :/

Tru dat.

whywontyoulisten
3 hours ago, CanadianMuscle said:

The Vapid Peyote too?

Also the Albany Virgo. A giant slow boat of a muscle car that is crying out for full Lowrider treatment (and a topless version).

Edit: and the Regina Classic, of course: d9ef57-20171229175403_1.jpg

Edited by whywontyoulisten

Gridl0k
2 hours ago, Standard Deluxe 59 said:

m39lwmc.gif

I've had the gunsight nicked off my AMG before so yeah it's not safety, it's tea leaves.

Edited by Gridl0k

StormerBoy

Any particular reason that the game takes about $8860 off me at the start of a premium race?

CanadianMuscle

The 80's were a wacky time for car design, although some cool stuff came out of it...

I'd really want Declasse's take on a lowrider pickup. Yeah, we have the Yosemite, based on a '70 C10, but a Benny's version that leans more towards '73-84 Chevrolet/GMC pickup type. (Rancher pickup!)

maxresdefault.jpg

af1b9d89f757374ef2a4efefd5ac5ba0.jpg

7148b6d22c28cb2913478f1297d91dcd.jpg

It's a bit wishlisty...but it is a lowrider! These trucks look good either clean and lowered or dirty and lifted.

Edited by CanadianMuscle

Taterman

Is it worth changing an Elegy to the custom at Bennys? Do your original upgrades stay if you switch?

Rafae S
11 minutes ago, Taterman said:

Is it worth changing an Elegy to the custom at Bennys? Do your original upgrades stay if you switch?

yes it's very much worth it. no they don't bc it basically goes from a 2007 skyline to a 1997/1998, hence the 'retro' upgrade.

Taterman
Just now, Rafae S said:

yes it's very much worth it. no they don't bc it basically goes from a 2007 skyline to a 1997/1998, hence the 'retro' upgrade.

Thanks. Is it faster or better handling or just looks that improve? Does it stay in the same class (for races) as a regular Elegy?