Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
      4. Frontier Pursuits
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Diamond Casino & Resort
      2. DLC
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA IV Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA SA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA VC Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA III Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
MARKUS.

Known Issues for changing PSN ID

Recommended Posts

StangOne50
1 minute ago, No Homing said:

Same, thinking about deleting some of them if I can't figure out who they are.

Cba to ask them and cba to keep track of every time they change their name.

I heard months ago you will only be able to do it once for free but idk how it actually is.

If you look at some profiles it says who they used to be but I saw one that did not so idk if thats an option for the player or what.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Natsuki
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, StangOne50 said:

I heard months ago you will only be able to do it once for free but idk how it actually is.

If you look at some profiles it says who they used to be but I saw one that did not so idk if thats an option for the player or what.

It's an option. You can choose between showing both your new and old name for 30 days, or only showing your new one. After 30 days, the old name will disappear automatically.

 

I set mine to both. 

Edited by Natsuki

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
No Homing
18 hours ago, StangOne50 said:

I heard months ago you will only be able to do it once for free but idk how it actually is.

If you look at some profiles it says who they used to be but I saw one that did not so idk if thats an option for the player or what.

Yes, it's free only the first time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PwnageSoldier

Jesus, finally now my alternate account doesn't say SeraphusGuest, it says SeraphusSoldier. Small difference but it makes me feel much better lol

 

now to ask my sister whether she wants an account name change; she's been whining forever about how she hates her username

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ferguson99
20 hours ago, StangOne50 said:

Seems this is catching on with a bunch of my friends, now I dont know who the hell my own friends are lol

Tell them to set option..... display previous gametag.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
No Homing
6 hours ago, PwnageSoldier said:

Jesus, finally now my alternate account doesn't say SeraphusGuest, it says SeraphusSoldier. Small difference but it makes me feel much better lol

 

now to ask my sister whether she wants an account name change; she's been whining forever about how she hates her username

Yeah I have a friend who asked me if he could change his name like a year ago. Now he can but he hasn't been online in a long time. I should probably text him. Wonder if he knows Borderlands 3 is coming, we used to play Borderlands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PwnageSoldier
16 hours ago, No Homing said:

Yeah I have a friend who asked me if he could change his name like a year ago. Now he can but he hasn't been online in a long time. I should probably text him. Wonder if he knows Borderlands 3 is coming, we used to play Borderlands.

I used to play Borderlands all the time with my sister ironically lmfao... I can't wait!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PeculiarFate

I know i'm incredibly late to reply here but I changed my name on the release of the update and all my progress (story and online) has been reset. I'm trying to get the issue resolved as i've spent quite a but of money using the account. Will update if fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
-LN-
2 hours ago, PeculiarFate said:

I know i'm incredibly late to reply here but I changed my name on the release of the update and all my progress (story and online) has been reset. I'm trying to get the issue resolved as i've spent quite a but of money using the account. Will update if fixed.

You lost progress recently or right after you made the change? I haven't heard of anyone else having issues lately, but that would definitely suck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maddened_Ghost
5 hours ago, PeculiarFate said:

I know i'm incredibly late to reply here but I changed my name on the release of the update and all my progress (story and online) has been reset. I'm trying to get the issue resolved as i've spent quite a but of money using the account. Will update if fixed.

You might wanna explain a little bit on what you've done, I haven't seen a single issue about this yet, I've changed two of my accounts, both of them had RDO and GTAO progress and my stuff were still there, I even changed one of them twice, so you might wanna double check, you can always restore your previous ID and see if that fixes stuff for ya.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ricemaker16
On 4/10/2019 at 3:02 PM, Standard Deluxe 59 said:

I'll change mine, I don't know what to, probably something car related. As long as my in game car collection stays good I don't really care what else happens. 

Did you find out if anything changed in game with the name change?

On 7/3/2019 at 12:44 PM, PeculiarFate said:

I know i'm incredibly late to reply here but I changed my name on the release of the update and all my progress (story and online) has been reset. I'm trying to get the issue resolved as i've spent quite a but of money using the account. Will update if fixed.

Has anybody else had this happen?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Standard Deluxe 59
11 minutes ago, Ricemaker16 said:

Did you find out if anything changed in game with the name change?

Everything works as it should. I didn't encounter any problems with it outside of my character's mugshot not appearing on the social club stats page. But that's a very minor thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maddened_Ghost
1 hour ago, Standard Deluxe 59 said:

Everything works as it should. I didn't encounter any problems with it outside of my character's mugshot not appearing on the social club stats page. But that's a very minor thing.

I had this issue for a short bit after I changed mine but it is there now, Rockstar must've fixed it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Standard Deluxe 59
15 hours ago, Maddened_Ghost said:

I had this issue for a short bit after I changed mine but it is there now, Rockstar must've fixed it.

I just looked and yeah they actually fixed that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Agent Boff

I want to do this, but ive read some posts online and on here saying people have lost all their progress etc.. Now im not so sure that I want to do it. But on the contrary, there are plenty of people saying its worked perfectly fine. 

 

The feature was implemented months ago, so I assume if there were any initial bugs, that they would have been fixed now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Сhrist
18 hours ago, Agent Boff said:

I want to do this, but ive read some posts online and on here saying people have lost all their progress etc.. Now im not so sure that I want to do it. But on the contrary, there are plenty of people saying its worked perfectly fine. 

 

The feature was implemented months ago, so I assume if there were any initial bugs, that they would have been fixed now?

from what i’ve seen when playing, gta online has worked perfectly fine and i haven’t ran into any issues at all. but if you’re worried you’ll lose progress, sony has published a list of games which have been confirmed as working 100%, working with little bugs, and meh with critical issues, after changing your name.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/network/onlineid/games-list-home/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Agent Boff
4 hours ago, Сhrist said:

from what i’ve seen when playing, gta online has worked perfectly fine and i haven’t ran into any issues at all. but if you’re worried you’ll lose progress, sony has published a list of games which have been confirmed as working 100%, working with little bugs, and meh with critical issues, after changing your name.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/network/onlineid/games-list-home/

Thanks, I saw this and saw GTA is still under the section where its not critical, but still has some issues.

 

might wait a bit longer and change it after the casino has dropped

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kushology
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Agent Boff said:

Thanks, I saw this and saw GTA is still under the section where its not critical, but still has some issues.

 

might wait a bit longer and change it after the casino has dropped

Literally no issues though. Stats are same, everything stays the same, leadboards are the same, everything..

 

It's like Sony is Fox News with this one.

 

*I HAVE changed mine and have had 0 issues, even with the iFruit app and etc. 

 

The ONLY game I have where I lost data, was Mafia 3, DLC Progress missing/vanished. Storyline was safe though, how convenient..

 



Games I have been unaffected, personal experience.

---

Call of Duty MW Remaster

Call of Duty Black Ops 3

Call of Duty Black Ops 4

GTA Trilogy & V/Online

GT Sport

NFS Payback

Saints Row IV & Gat out of Hell

Sleeping Dogs

Spyro Trilogy

TC: Wildlands

Wash Doges 1&2

 

*Not all my games, just ones I have installed.
Edited by Kushology

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Agent Boff

Changed my PSN ID and can confirm everything works perfectly on both characters on GTAO!

 

Even the social club seems fine, everything in order

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maddened_Ghost
42 minutes ago, Agent Boff said:

Changed my PSN ID and can confirm everything works perfectly on both characters on GTAO!

 

Even the social club seems fine, everything in order

Yeah there was a minor issue with social club when it was implemented but they fixed that shortly after.

I have changed my name twice on an account and had no issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.