Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
      4. Frontier Pursuits
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Diamond Casino & Resort
      2. DLC
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA IV Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA SA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA VC Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA III Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
MARKUS.

Known Issues for changing PSN ID

Recommended Posts

MARINA

No issues here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
-LN-
10 minutes ago, the J is for Julia said:

People have been waiting a loooong time for this. I fully expect PSN to be crippled into the weekend while everyone makes a mad dash to claim new handles.

 

Don't rebuild your database. The OS issues you are running into are likely related to PSN server problems while things are being stressed. Just disable your network connection and play offline if things get too unstable. 

Oh yea, definitely! Although rebuilding doesn't delete anything or do any harm that I'm aware of - I used to do it every couple of months or so and it actually speeds things up a bit. It's almost kind of like running a drive defragment on a PC. It actually cleared up and fixed all of the errors as well. :)

 

Yea though, I'm surprised that more haven't changed already, but I'm sure that by the end of the week I'll see names that I don't recognize and have to ask, "who were you before?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Standard Deluxe 59

So a couple things I noticed, your name will disappear from your friend's friend list as will theirs If they changed their names. This might all reset itself by signing out and back in but I can't try that just right now as I'm on a hot streak in vehicle vendetta. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kenmy13999
10 minutes ago, -LN- said:

Oh yea, definitely! Although rebuilding doesn't delete anything or do any harm that I'm aware of - I used to do it every couple of months or so and it actually speeds things up a bit. It's almost kind of like running a drive defragment on a PC. It actually cleared up and fixed all of the errors as well. :)

 

Yea though, I'm surprised that more haven't changed already, but I'm sure that by the end of the week I'll see names that I don't recognize and have to ask, "who were you before?"

I do a rebuild of database every now and then and my experience is same as yours. Didn't do it on my old hard drive and had to download almost all of the games again when I finally did it :)

 

 

not going to bother with the name change if it can result in unlinking my social club, don't want to risk getting dupe detected because of some f*ck up there regarding personal plates 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the J is for Julia
14 minutes ago, -LN- said:

I used to do it every couple of months or so and it actually speeds things up a bit. It's almost kind of like running a drive defragment on a PC. It actually cleared up and fixed all of the errors as well. :)

I do the same. I’m glad to hear that it resolved your issues. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
-LN-
12 minutes ago, Standard Deluxe 59 said:

So a couple things I noticed, your name will disappear from your friend's friend list as will theirs If they changed their names. This might all reset itself by signing out and back in but I can't try that just right now as I'm on a hot streak in vehicle vendetta. 

I've been messaging my friend who changed her ID earlier and I can see her new name on my list. I haven't changed mine yet though, but she's not run into any issues at all so far with her friends list or any games aside from one where a leader board is still displaying her previous name. Hopefully it will all clear up once you restart and possibly do a rebuild if you're still having the same problems that I was having earlier. Good luck and good luck in VV! 😁

 

8 minutes ago, kenmy13999 said:

I do a rebuild of database every now and then and my experience is same as yours. Didn't do it on my old hard drive and had to download almost all of the games again when I finally did it :)

 

 

not going to bother with the name change if it can result in unlinking my social club, don't want to risk getting dupe detected because of some f*ck up there regarding personal plates 

I think it auto updates the information on SC without having to it un-link and re-link manually, but I could be wrong and totally understand, lol! So far though, I haven't heard from anyone having issues with GTA after changing, even though it's on their list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Standard Deluxe 59
Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, -LN- said:

I've been messaging my friend who changed her ID earlier and I can see her new name on my list. I haven't changed mine yet though, but she's not run into any issues at all so far with her friends list or any games aside from one where a leader board is still displaying her previous name. Hopefully it will all clear up once you restart and possibly do a rebuild if you're still having the same problems that I was having earlier. Good luck and good luck in VV! 😁

Interesting, I'll report back later today what happens after shutting down my ps4.🍻 And thanks, really cleaning up in VV. 🍻 Took on a team of three by myself and they left after losing two rounds in a row. And now one my friends is in and we're practically unstoppable when we're on the same team.🍻

So apparently it fixed itself and now I show up on my friend's list of friends and the ones who changed their names appear on mine. I didn't restart my system or anything either. 🍺

Edited by Standard Deluxe 59
🍺

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maddened_Ghost
6 hours ago, the J is for Julia said:

 

I considered it. I even confirmed that all of the new handles I might switch to are free; which is amazing considering Sony leaves dead accounts lying around indefinitely.

 

...but I’ve had my PSN handle for so long and it’s so deceptive that I can’t bring myself to change it.

Yeah I see what you're saying, in my case I had one of those stupid names that don't really sound cool anymore so it had to go lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Natsuki

I changed mine and don't see any issues. All is good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Battle Scars

Haven't changed mine yet, need to think of a good one, I just emailed a company asking if it was ok to use one of their game references for a possible PSN ID 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fun 2

Anyone noticed any problems with the creator system ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maddened_Ghost
30 minutes ago, Fun 2 said:

Anyone noticed any problems with the creator system ?

haven't actually created anything with it but I switched to it to change lobbies, I'll give it a try once I load up.

I'm assuming you're talking about the Content Creator right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
-LN-
Posted (edited)

Perhaps a strange question/inquiry, but you know how that when you remove someone from your friends list, they are still able to "follow" you despite having your settings for friends only - when changing your name, are the people who used to be on your list still showing as following you under your new name? I know that if you block someone it makes them automatically unfollow you, but I was wondering if they can easily find you under your new name after you've simply deleted them since they have to be the ones who decide to manually unfollow you after you've removed them. Thanks in advance!

Edited by -LN-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maddened_Ghost
2 hours ago, Fun 2 said:

Anyone noticed any problems with the creator system ?

I've just loaded the Creator, no issues here, haven't messed with it THAT much but no problems when I used it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Standard Deluxe 59
45 minutes ago, -LN- said:

Perhaps a strange question/inquiry, but you know how that when you remove someone from your friends list, they are still able to "follow" you despite having your settings for friends only - when changing your name, are the people who used to be on your list still showing as following you under your new name? I know that if you block someone it makes them automatically unfollow you, but I was wondering if they can easily find you under your new name after you've simply deleted them since they have to be the ones who decide to manually unfollow you after you've removed them. Thanks in advance!

Yes your new name still appears on their "following" list. Just tried it by deleting my second account from my main's friend list and logged into my second account to see if it still follows my main, and it does. My settings are the same as yours where only friends can follow me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
-LN-
6 minutes ago, Standard Deluxe 59 said:

Yes your new name still appears on their "following" list. Just tried it by deleting my second account from my main's friend list and logged into my second account to see if it still follows my main, and it does. My settings are the same as yours where only friends can follow me. 

Thank you! :)

 

Meh though, I hate this feature - probably one of the worst things Sony has ever added, especially since there is no way to disable it entirely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ferguson99

Gametag change was successful

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Standard Deluxe 59
25 minutes ago, -LN- said:

Thank you! :)

 

Meh though, I hate this feature - probably one of the worst things Sony has ever added, especially since there is no way to disable it entirely.

I agree, I don't know why they decided to add the ability to follow others. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Natsuki
Posted (edited)

The only issue I've found is this. The avatar is invisible on SC. It doesn't effect anything in the game itself, and nothing else on SC is effected as far as I can see.

 

bNvn2O9.png

Edited by Natsuki

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maddened_Ghost
29 minutes ago, Natsuki said:

The only issue I've found is this. The avatar is invisible on SC. It doesn't effect anything in the game itself, and nothing else on SC is effected as far as I can see.

 

bNvn2O9.png

Interesting, I wonder if unlinking and linking the PSN id would solve this issue.

I'll give it a try.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Standard Deluxe 59
2 hours ago, Maddened_Ghost said:

Interesting, I wonder if unlinking and linking the PSN id would solve this issue.

I'll give it a try.

It doesn't. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the J is for Julia

Screw it. I changed mine. It’s one of those things I didn’t realize I would want until I had the option. I also ran into the invisible avatar issue with the SC. Everything else seems alright though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
teltow

No issues

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ferguson99
On 4/12/2019 at 5:55 PM, Maddened_Ghost said:

Interesting, I wonder if unlinking and linking the PSN id would solve this issue.

I'll give it a try.

Take a new photo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maddened_Ghost
23 minutes ago, ferguson99 said:

Take a new photo

Nah, I tried all ways to relink the PSN to the social club, the site just doesn't like the fact that the account is under a new name, the avatar is fine but the character mugshot in the stats page is absent, not that much of an issue to be honest, nothing meaningful has been lost.

10 hours ago, the J is for Julia said:

Screw it. I changed mine. It’s one of those things I didn’t realize I would want until I had the option. I also ran into the invisible avatar issue with the SC. Everything else seems alright though.

Lemme guess, LongBobQueen is it now? lol

 

Yeah I suppose it's an issue on Rockstar's end, not so much Sony, but it's not really an issue. maybe they'll fix it later on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lennymuhboi

Everything I tried was taken so nothing got changed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ferguson99

I just remembered to update my profile on GTAOF,  the platform name.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the J is for Julia
2 hours ago, Maddened_Ghost said:

Lemme guess, LongBobQueen is it now? lol

HAHA #ohyou

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
StangOne50

Seems this is catching on with a bunch of my friends, now I dont know who the hell my own friends are lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
No Homing
9 minutes ago, StangOne50 said:

Seems this is catching on with a bunch of my friends, now I dont know who the hell my own friends are lol

Same, thinking about deleting some of them if I can't figure out who they are.

Cba to ask them and cba to keep track of every time they change their name.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.