1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

ALifeOfMisery

RED DEAD ONLINE BETA: PLUNDER SHOWDOWN MODE NOW AVAILABLE (9/4/19)

aFinn
6 minutes ago, Jason said:

Sh*t happens, you had months of having it before others.

Perhaps those who passed the mark ages ago aren't that upset but I, having just very recently passed level 90 mark, am super peeved off right now. My grind feels like it was for nothing. It felt so good unlocking those high level pamphlets finally. And I sure as hell would have wanted to get Fox Trotter earlier too.

I know I shouldn't care but I do feel robbed.

They must be having a drastic drop in player numbers and are trying to lure them back by bypassing some of the grind.

TheLordMarvel

Finally got my Turkoman horse!!! Not interested in anything else but now i don't need to wait to rank 56. 

Between3and22char
1 minute ago, TheLordMarvel said:

Finally got my Turkoman horse!!! Not interested in anything else but now i don't need to wait to rank 56. 

I have this horse, and I love it. It doesn't buck you off just because there is an alligator near by, if you calm it, 4 pack of wolfs around like nothing. Just out of curiosity, which one you bought? I got the gold one, and it looks beautiful, add the panther saddle and looks even more beautiful.

TheLordMarvel
1 minute ago, Between3and22char said:

I have this horse, and I love it. It doesn't buck you off just because there is an alligator near by, if you calm it, 4 pack of wolfs around like nothing. Just out of curiosity, which one you bought? I got the gold one, and it looks beautiful, add the panther saddle and looks even more beautiful.

Yes! I rode this one all over single player. Wolves didn't scare it at all lol. And I got the Dark Bay one. It's my fave color of them!

Jason
7 minutes ago, Between3and22char said:

he high lever player are the ones that stayed and play for a long time, so to me and all high level player, I think it feels kind of a mockery. They want to sell gold, is 4500$ in game money, you know how much time and grind it takes to make that, now is pay to win scheme, I don't like that in any game, makes me feel all the grinding is worthless when someone just can buy all that grind with no time played.

Like I said, in my opinion they should not be rank locked so high because players with them have an advantage. Things like dynamite arrows are very powerful in open world PvP and stranger missions. So yes, it does suck when something you grinded for becomes easier to access but if it benefits the balance of PvP it's just gotta be one of those things.

Higher level players being more powerful than lower level players works in PvE. It's a good thing in PvE.

Higher level players being more powerful than lower level players does not work in PvP. Lower levels should not get stomped by higher levels, that's not a fun PvP experience for anyone involved. Pamphlets (and ability cards as well) both need to be lower level unlocks to make an all round fairer PvP experience.

Though to be honest this is all a byproduct of Rockstar's inherently broken online philosophy. PvE style progression muddled with always-on PvP with powerful upgrades is never gonna work.

hotrats773
25 minutes ago, Jason said:

This is a problem a lot of games have faced recently. Stuff placed behind a very high level requirement that shouldn't be, but developers are afraid to lower the requirement because it will upset the players that grinded it.

I'm.... What?

"Stuff placed behind a very high level requirement that shouldn't be,"

But it was. That was a design decision that you or I have no power over. It was the ground rules when we ALL started playing. Perks for higher levels have always been a part of gaming. Why the hell take time build your character up when it can just be cheapened by R* arbitrarily moving the goalposts? It's a bitch move meant to appease. Personally i won't lose sleep over it but i can see how it can be frustrating to those that worked hard and earned cash to be able to have these things.

Shadowfennekin

"while Volatile Dynamite, Incendiary Buckshot, Explosive Slug, Express Explosive, and Dynamite Arrow pamphlets are all lowered to Rank 60."

Make it 50 lol

No way I'm getting 11 levels in a week unless I no-life this....

I want Dynamite arrows :(

hotrats773
12 minutes ago, Between3and22char said:

I have the dark brown turkoman and he's dumber than a sack of hammers. Bucks me as much as the ScArabian and whines like a 1 month old baby. I find mine useless and he's be relegated to the stable.

Between3and22char
5 minutes ago, Jason said:

Like I said, in my opinion they should not be rank locked so high because players with them have an advantage. Things like dynamite arrows are very powerful in open world PvP and stranger missions. So yes, it does suck when something you grinded for becomes easier to access but if it benefits the balance of PvP it's just gotta be one of those things.

Higher level players being more powerful than lower level players works in PvE. It's a good thing in PvE.

Higher level players being more powerful than lower level players does not work in PvP. Lower levels should not get stomped by higher levels, that's not a fun PvP experience for anyone involved. Pamphlets (and ability cards as well) both need to be lower level unlocks to make an all round fairer PvP experience.

Though to be honest this is all a byproduct of Rockstar's inherently broken online philosophy. PvE style progression muddled with always-on PvP with powerful upgrades is never gonna work.

I gotta go, not an excuse, I'll continue later. Let me ask you this, have you ever player a game like battlefield or older CODs, PVP focused, all better weapons are rank locked, you need to play the game and get the better guns. Like in other PVP focused games, it sucks when you are a low level.

Jason
1 minute ago, hotrats773 said:

"Stuff placed behind a very high level requirement that shouldn't be,"

But it was. That was a design decision that you or I have no power over. It was the ground rules when we ALL started playing. Perks for higher levels have always been a part of gaming. Why the hell take time build your character up when it can just be cheapened by R* arbitrarily moving the goalposts? It's a bitch move meant to appease.

Right. I haven't said otherwise. What I said is that it was a mistake to have them put behind such a high level in the first place.

Just now, Between3and22char said:

Let me ask you this, have you ever player a game like battlefield or older CODs, PVP focused, all better weapons are rank locked, you need to play the game and get the better guns. Like in other PVP focused games, it sucks when you are a low level.

It does, however there's big differences with how power is given out in CoD's and Battlefields and how power is given out in Red Dead Online. First of all, at the end of the day in an FPS game if you hit somebody in the head they're dead, that's not the case in RDO with some of the higher level ability cards. Secondly in CoD/BF games you are constantly unlocking new weapons and upgrades that rapidly bring you onto a more even playing field. I personally have had little to no issues competing with rank 100+ players in Battlefield despite only being rank 30 or so.

In RDO however the ammo pamphlets are what? 80-94? You aren't unlocking them gradually as you progress through the levels, a player who is level 50, which takes probably 50+ hours at least, is still at a disadvantage when playing against higher level players who have the pamphlets. I'm not saying a brand spanking new level 1 player should be able to compete with a level 100, I'm saying someone who has spent money on ability cards and weapons and has sunk 50+ hours into the game still having noticeable disadvantages. In a PvP environment that's scuffed as f*ck.

I'm not saying people who are pissed that the requirements got lowered and thus their grind to level 94 now being for nothing are unjustified in being pissed, not at all. I just believe that from a PvP balance perspective giving more people access to the pamphlets is a good move for the balance of the game. The rank requirement shouldn't have been so high in the first place.

Dr.Rosenthal

@Jason I see where you’re coming from, and maybe you’re right but I have my doubts.

In my experience, generally it’s the lower level players who’ll just shoot you in the neck for no good reason when you’re waving at them peacefully. Higher levels, who knows the grind of the game to get there, also knows that no one has anything to gain from being a dickhead. Higher levels tend to get explosives for safety reasons, to use in emergencies. Lower levels haven’t fought to get them, and they’ve only played the game enough to believe that it’s all a free for all deathmatch. They’ll buy the pamphlet and then go on to shoot the first person they see straight to the face.

But maybe I’m wrong and you’re right. We’ll see - but these are my fears anyway.

Jason
1 minute ago, Dr.Rosenthal said:

@Jason I see where you’re coming from, and maybe you’re right but I have my doubts.

In my experience, generally it’s the lower level players who’ll just shoot you in the neck for no good reason when you’re waving at them peacefully. Higher levels, who knows the grind of the game to get there, also knows that no one has anything to gain from being a dickhead. Higher levels tend to get explosives for safety reasons, to use in emergencies. Lower levels haven’t fought to get them, and they’ve only played the game enough to believe that it’s all a free for all deathmatch. They’ll buy the pamphlet and then go on to shoot the first person they see straight to the face.

But maybe I’m wrong and you’re right. We’ll see - but these are my fears anyway.

In m my experience higher level players are just as trolly as lower level players. There's just less of them lol.

In regards to my experiences in RDO and GTAO in particular I've been griefed by high level players far more often than from lower levels because higher level players have so much more power.

Dr.Rosenthal

@Jason For GTAO I definitely agree. Still not sure about RDO. I’ll see this week if my fears have any substance to them, simply if I’ll receive a lot more unprovoked explosive bullets to my face than usual. If not, and you’re right, I’ll be happy!

Stupidis
Posted (edited)

Nope. I'm back busting Bogdans nuts instead. Waiting for some more story missions in RDO.

Edited by Stupidis

Jason

In other news, I've bought both the Benbow Jacket and the Porter Jacket and they both have the exact same problem:

zfurw5u.png

The f*cking clipping.

Assblaster

I only play to have fun. To hell with grinding for results, to hell with competing with other players. I enjoy the game for its own sake. Wouldn't bother me if they eventually got rid of all rank unlocks, like they pretty much did with GTAO.

hotrats773

Huh? So a level 1 can get MK weapons and mini-guns? I'll have to check that out!

GenericGTAO

The grind from 50-84 was real...once I hit 84, it was a cake walk to 95.  I didnt use gold to get the pamphlets, but this probably a reason to use gold.

Assblaster
5 minutes ago, hotrats773 said:

Huh? So a level 1 can get MK weapons and mini-guns? I'll have to check that out!

No but low levels in that game can get some pretty good artillery these days, a helluva lot better than GTAO early days that's for damn sure.

hotrats773

God, reading that newswire post again is so depressing. It's like they just put a bunch of ideas on post-it notes, tossed some darts and shat out a half-assed "press release." Even they seem bored.

-LN-

If you haven't already, have a look at the comments on their latest Twitter post regarding the update. Lots of pissed off people, but as to whether or not R* actually listens and takes these complaints seriously will be a different story entirely.

Failed Again

I thought it was called PLUMBER Mode, cause this is Sheit

Between3and22char
1 hour ago, Jason said:

Right. I haven't said otherwise. What I said is that it was a mistake to have them put behind such a high level in the first place.

It does, however there's big differences with how power is given out in CoD's and Battlefields and how power is given out in Red Dead Online. First of all, at the end of the day in an FPS game if you hit somebody in the head they're dead, that's not the case in RDO with some of the higher level ability cards. Secondly in CoD/BF games you are constantly unlocking new weapons and upgrades that rapidly bring you onto a more even playing field. I personally have had little to no issues competing with rank 100+ players in Battlefield despite only being rank 30 or so.

In RDO however the ammo pamphlets are what? 80-94? You aren't unlocking them gradually as you progress through the levels, a player who is level 50, which takes probably 50+ hours at least, is still at a disadvantage when playing against higher level players who have the pamphlets. I'm not saying a brand spanking new level 1 player should be able to compete with a level 100, I'm saying someone who has spent money on ability cards and weapons and has sunk 50+ hours into the game still having noticeable disadvantages. In a PvP environment that's scuffed as f*ck.

I'm not saying people who are pissed that the requirements got lowered and thus their grind to level 94 now being for nothing are unjustified in being pissed, not at all. I just believe that from a PvP balance perspective giving more people access to the pamphlets is a good move for the balance of the game. The rank requirement shouldn't have been so high in the first place.

Hi, I'm back, sorry the delay, had to take care of some stuff.

I agree with the game being awfully rank balance, I can you show some messages to my friends saying exactly that.

93 is the higher pamphlet, dynamite arrows.

I've spent a lot of time in free roam, and just to be clear, I'm only talking about my experience.

About high ranks, meaning 100+, there are both types, just regular players like me that doesn't mess nor grief other people in free roam, then you have the try-hard posse type of player, same as GTA.

The shoot on sight player are around levels 20 to 50. Usually one explosive shot and they stop, like someone said, I use explosive ammo for defensive purposes only.

"I'm not saying people who are pissed that the requirements got lowered and thus their grind to level 94 now being for nothing are unjustified in being pissed, not at all". That was my point from the beginning, and thanks for saying that. I'm upset because of that, all that grinding for xp it seems worthless now.

"The rank requirement shouldn't have been so high in the first place." Not only for pamphlets, for everything, even stirrups or saddles.

PvP, I can say in my experience is a lot about your cards and weapon setup, I can't remember last time I was killed by explosive ammo in an adversary mode (gun rush, showdown, anyone).

The last card unlocks at rank 50, last passive slot unlocks at 40. Hell, I even being grief with the lasso much more than with explosive ammo when I was a low level.

I had even fights on free roam with players around rank 50, I'm telling you, what makes a big difference are the cards and how you use and combine them with your weapons.

Using tonics are way much more effective than having explosive ammo for PvP.

Explosive ammo is not that great once you got it and start to use it, that 1 shot kill every time is a lie, if the other player has full health and is not that close you won't kill them, just knock them to the ground.

Incendiary buckshot, also not 1 shot kill, with full health.

I don't have incendiary arrows, so I don't know about that.

Dynamite arrows, the blast kill radius is pretty small, it has to be basically a direct hit or miss by 1 or 2 feet.

Leaving PVP modes aside, in free roam, most of my kills are from either the Carcano or Rolling block rifle, people rely to much on auto aim.

TheLordMarvel

I can't say Plunder without sounding like a pirate.

ILL

Basura

Jason
Posted (edited)

@Between3and22char

The game just isn't well balanced. GTAO is the same, but with years of power creep.  The only way to counter high levels with the best equipment in RDO and GTAO is to have the same equipment pretty much.

I mean, back in December when I was far above the average level I was wrecking entire posses with the card that stops a headshot killing you, just that one card alone. They'd often get the first hit on me, often a headshot, but it didn't matter cause I didn't need to land the shot first, I just had to land it before they shot again. I'd grinded my rank up high so naturally I should have more unlocks, more money, etc, but at the same time I knew the balancing was wack.

I've no idea if this rank lowering for a week is them trying to test the waters with it to help balancing or of it's just them trying to goad people into buying them with bars, who knows, probably the latter given how sh*t they traditionally are at balancing, but IMO it could help even the playing field in open world PvP.

Edited by Jason

YNNEL

Played a few games of Plunder this evening. It’s pretty good definitely one of the more enjoyable modes. Thought I’d make the most of it before it gets mixed in with all the other modes and I hardly get to play it.

hugh750
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, -LN- said:

If you haven't already, have a look at the comments on their latest Twitter post regarding the update. Lots of pissed off people, but as to whether or not R* actually listens and takes these complaints seriously will be a different story entirely.

what i've read on r*'s twitter page so far there is a lot of anger towards r* right now.😞

Edited by hugh750

Ryan5252
6 hours ago, Son of Dutch said:

I was expecting new update info alongside with new game mode

Well aren't you silly 🤠

Red Lynx 23
5 hours ago, 4eyedcoupe said:

I was using them last weekend....It was so nice.  It was kind of like when the girlfriend is away and I get to stretch out across the whole king size bed.   

People are saying the solo lobby glitch was patched yesterday.