3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

semi_wxvy

NativeUI Menu problem

semi_wxvy

Hello, so i had a problem with my Native Menu on my server. And it's that it's bound to "E" which is also honking/horn in GTAV. Can anyone help me find the config file and help change it's keybind?
Thanks, i need to fix it as it is very annoying

NativeUI doesn't have a key that opens the menu, the mod that is using NativeUI controls which key is being used.

You will need to check through all the mods you have installed and see which one is using the 'E' key, then see if it has an ini file that lets you change it.

semi_wxvy
On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 5:01 PM, LeeC2202 said:

NativeUI doesn't have a key that opens the menu, the mod that is using NativeUI controls which key is being used.

You will need to check through all the mods you have installed and see which one is using the 'E' key, then see if it has an ini file that lets you change it.

The thing is i did. I just can't find the keybind line.

25 minutes ago, semi_wxvy said:

The thing is i did. I just can't find the keybind line.

The problem is, not every modder knows how to allow you to change the key from the ini file and if they don't know how to do that, they won't have the key in the ini file. If that's the case, then you are stuck with using the E key.

What you will need to do, is work out which mod it is and then try and contact the author to see if they can update the mod, to let you change the keybind. If you are lucky, it might even be a mod that comes as a script file, rather than a dll. If that's the case, then you could probably just edit the script.

If you find the name of the mod, post the details here.

semi_wxvy
13 minutes ago, LeeC2202 said:

The problem is, not every modder knows how to allow you to change the key from the ini file and if they don't know how to do that, they won't have the key in the ini file. If that's the case, then you are stuck with using the E key.

What you will need to do, is work out which mod it is and then try and contact the author to see if they can update the mod, to let you change the keybind. If you are lucky, it might even be a mod that comes as a script file, rather than a dll. If that's the case, then you could probably just edit the script.

If you find the name of the mod, post the details here.

Well we only have the EUP mod that requires the NativeUI. But i still couldn't find any keybind lines in it's files… Im so tired searching for sand in sand...

And the thing is as well that we only have the EUP & AOP because we just started. And this error with the NativeUI on "E" is making our members annoyed. And because im the developer, i've been digging through files trying to find a correct line but im starting to think that the creator as you said didn't input a keybind line.

ikt

Check what RegisterCommand does for Lua and fix it on your side. afaik it looks like it listens to the command `eup` and toggles the menu when it sees that.

semi_wxvy

That didnt really help, i don't know how to fix it still. Like i try to delete NativeUI EUP stops working. But it seems that the creator of NativeUI didnt implement a keybinding line anywhere.

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, semi_wxvy said:

That didnt really help, i don't know how to fix it still. Like i try to delete NativeUI EUP stops working. But it seems that the creator of NativeUI didnt implement a keybinding line anywhere.

NativeUI is a library for creating a menu, not an actual menu. It doesn't have a keybinding line because it doesn't respond to keys being pressed to open any menus.

For example, I have a mod that uses NativeUI and in my onKeyUp code, I have this:

private void onKeyUp(object sender, KeyEventArgs e)
	{
		if (e.KeyCode == keyActivationKey)
		{
			menuMainMenu.Visible = !menuMainMenu.Visible;
		}
	}

That makes the menu visible.

In the ini file for that mod, I have this:

[KEYS]
ACTIVATION KEY = F7

That tells my mod which key will open the menu, it doesn't tell NativeUI to open a menu when I press the F7 key, NativeUI simply draws any menu that your mod makes visible.

I have just downloaded the EUP menu and I can't even find anything in the instructions that say what the key is to open the menu. But it is a Rage Plugin Hook mod, so maybe it has keybinds in the RPH Settings... I don't use RPH, so I don't know for sure.

Edit: I have just watched this video and according to this, the EUP menu opens with F11, so it's not that mod using 'E'

Edited by Guest

ikt
53 minutes ago, semi_wxvy said:

Are we talking about the same thing? Since you said "server", it's probably some FiveM mod, right?

The eup-ui.7z archive here contains eup_ui.lua as a server resource. The bottom of the file has the menu initialization stuff. I can't lua, but it seems like this snippet registers the command `eup` to toggle the menu visibility state:

RegisterCommand('eup', function()
    mainMenu:Visible(not mainMenu:Visible())
end, false)

I'm not familiar with FiveM scripting but it seems like if the "eup" command is used, the menu should toggle.

Are you sure nothing else in the server is mapped to create an "eup" command when the key "e" is pressed?

semi_wxvy

I doubt, we only have AOP & EUP installed. We started a week ago. But do you have any idea how i could just turn it off? Like not even change keybind, just make it not appear in-game?

semi_wxvy

The EUP is activated using /eup. But the native menu with ketchup and cooking stuff options pops up when I press "E"

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, semi_wxvy said:

But the native menu with ketchup and cooking stuff options pops up when I press "E"

That's the NativeUI example menu, you're not supposed to have that installed as a mod to use in the game. Look for something called "MenuExample" and delete that file.

This is why it's important that people give all the information when they ask for help. You said you only had EUP installed that used NativeUI, so everyone has been trying to fix the problem with EUP but now we see that you actually have another mod that is using NativeUI and it isn't EUP.

Edited by Guest

semi_wxvy
56 minutes ago, LeeC2202 said:

That's the NativeUI example menu, you're not supposed to have that installed as a mod to use in the game. Look for something called "MenuExample" and delete that file.

This is why it's important that people give all the information when they ask for help. You said you only had EUP installed that used NativeUI, so everyone has been trying to fix the problem with EUP but now we see that you actually have another mod that is using NativeUI and it isn't EUP.

Im so sorry. Im still a bit new to this. I just forgot the details, sorry 

Don't worry about it... if we've found the cause of the problem, that's the important part. Have fun! :)