2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus or tools. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
CanadianMuscle

GTA Online Balancing Suggestions Thread

Quinn_flower

Remove the fortnite guns

CanadianMuscle
Posted (edited)

^ I'll agree that the laser guns aren't entirely needed. The one and only guns primarily used by kids with poor taste, f*cking up my Doomsday Heists since day one of it's release.

But... the Up-n-Atomizer is a keeper. That magical thing has gotten me out of countless bad situations! Especially Jailbreak. Real handy when it's raining hard, you got six disgruntled players on your ass, looking for their own payday, and so little time to get to your destination...

Edited by CanadianMuscle

MsBrandi

Balance? I only do races so, get rid of that damn flags so my vamos, issi classic and taipan can have a fighting chance even though only on top 5 😁

Willy A. Jeep

Back with more! I would just update my first post, but the editor likes to mangle bulleted lists when I try to edit them, and I figure it makes more sense to make a new post due to the nature of the thread. More stuff, all of which you can consider "working" rather than "wanting". There will most likely be more to come.

• Oversized vehicles, like the Tug and Dump, as well as heavy industrial vehicles like the Mixer, Tipper, and Dozer should be more resilient to damage than typical civilian vehicles.
  • Vehicle class should make more of a difference for how a car handles in different situations, and this should be reflected by which vehicles are included in a class. Sports cars should not handle well off-road, and a vintage sedan should be in "Sedans".
  • The Terrorbyte Drone should have an infinite range to be in-line with the RC Bandito, but should also be physically larger as to not be so undetectable.
  • Vehicles with armoured windows, such as the Armored Kuruma, Police Transporter, and Armored Baller LE, should have fully bulletproof windows at the cost of being unable to use any weapons from within.
  • All house interiors should have "green juice" or other heal-restoring interactive elements, but snacks available in the Interaction Menu should cost $5 minimum at convenience stores.
  • Vehicle prices should be reassessed and scaled more realistically for performance, customization, and usefulness. The Cheburek should be priced more closely to the Kalahari, and the Oppressor Mark II above the Bombushka.
  • Insurance payments should be greater for all vehicles to a maximum of $10,000. Impound fees should increase by $250 from the base $250 per in-game day a car remains in the lot.
  • The Oppressor Mark II should not give its rider a parachute.

Gridl0k

Suicides count for K/D ratio

OPMKII loses homing missiles

That's it really.

Voodoo-Hendrix

Eliminate the smoke = certain death on aircraft, or at least make then last longer.

@Happy Hunter would love this one, for sure.

Marciliojunior01
16 minutes ago, Voodoo-Hendrix said:

Eliminate the smoke = certain death on aircraft, or at least make then last longer.

I dont know about you but everytime someone activates smoke my game goes to 5 fps

Voodoo-Hendrix
7 minutes ago, Marciliojunior01 said:

I dont know about you but everytime someone activates smoke my game goes to 5 fps

I'm actually talking about the smoke that comes out from an aircraft's engines after taking enough damage, not Smoke Countermeasures.

Marciliojunior01

Bombushka - needs its back door open again, and a very strong armor buff, i imagine the same armor as the avenger, or a little lower. 

People have no idea how hard it is to take down a giant cargo plane in real life, if you dont hit the wings or the engines (remember the bombushka have 4 but can fly with two). 

Maybe a speed boost as well, to make it the same speed as the titan. 

Speaking of the titan, buff its armor as well to the avenger standard. 

Happy Hunter
2 hours ago, Voodoo-Hendrix said:

Right now the planes have a much better damage system than the helicopters. Even if a plane is smoking, both sides of the plane have to be damaged enough for the smoke to kill it.

That's a strong point of the Apache in reality. There's doubles (or more) of basically everything. Two engines, two pilots (both can fly if needed), etc. But in the game, you get shot anywhere on the helicopter - suddenly both engines smoke and it just falls down.

If the helicopters were a bit more like the planes it'd be good. Actually having to damage both sides of a Hunter if you want both engines to be dead. Preferably actually having to hit the engines to damage the engines. But I don't see that happening. As long as it's so simplified, then I think the engine smoke should just be a non-issue on helicopters.

Sorry for all the videos. It's just I've been on about so much of this stuff, already have most of my suggestions put as well as I can in them.

Piro
Posted (edited)

Thanks for creating this thread! I was to lazy to do that myself. But I have a loooong list of things that should be changed. Perfectly balanced as all things should be!

Also you should probably place this link in your post - https://www.rockstargames.com/GTAOnline/feedback

So people can send it straight to R*

NERF:

Oppressors mk2

• less accurate missiles just like Buzzard (so you have to aim and wait for lock on to work)
  • slower rate of fire
  • reload after two missiles (just like Thruster)
  • longer cooldown
  • remove from MC list, block it from MOC
  • reduce number of flares/chaff (or remove countermeasures completely)

But even with everything above it still could be used to grief people on the ground. So my solution would be - add EMP gun or special homing launcher (with r2k missiles) that locks on to oppressors only (or only to vehicles with jet engines)

Also griefing with those noobtubes should be punished:
Spoiler
On 4/1/2019 at 11:44 AM, Piro said:

For griefing with oppressors you should be punished with:

- 3d model of your bike is replaced with a broomstick

- a permanent witch hat 
3d-illustration-witch-hat-260nw-11934905

- and very loud theme song that plays nonstop every time you use that bike

Lazer and Hydra

• nerf explosive rounds 

Orbital Cannon 

• ability to use it only once a day. Needs 10h cooldown at least
  • replace it with RC missiles from ArenaWar so its not "pay2kill, no skill required"
  • fix glitches so people can't spam it over and over again...

Sniper dancing, passive poping, killing yourself to preserve K/D

•  cause its stupid as hell

BUFFS:

• Add real armor for every "armored" vehicle that explodes after 1 rpg... vehicles like Armored Boxville shouldn't blow up after just 1 hit when everything has rockets and even a toy car can take 3 hits
  • Add better armor or remove lock on from AA trailers cause no one uses them right now 
  • Better armor for old military vehicles
  • Armor for Gunrunning vehicles, Special Vehicles (Import/Export) and Custom Delivery Vehicles (AfterHours)
  • If you aiming at unarmed vehicles your missiles should be at least 50-70% less accurate (OR completely remove lock-on on those vehicles). Blowing people who can't do anything about isn't fun... R* should entourage people to use normal cars. They want to sell those super cars after all
  • Terrorbyte Drones - now that we have RC cars I think drones should have range at least 2-4x bigger
  • Armor and countermeasures for SecuroServ Vehicles
  • Encourage people to use normal bikes. Let us land on the ground without crashing all the time 
  • Remove lock on from all delivery vehicles

• Change how aircrafts armor works (cause right now if you lightly touch something your aircraft will stop working in less then a minute)
  • Upgrade old aircrafts. Add armor, countermeasures (and new liveries plz) cause right now they are totally useless
  • Huge buff for huge aircrafts (like Bombushka and Volatol). Maybe it could take 2-3x longer to lock on to them or something like that
  • Nokata - Beautiful aircraft but completely forgotten in freeroam.... maybe adding weak explosive rounds (from B11 or Rogue) would fix that?
  • Havok. Fix landing gear and add stronger minigun (maybe explosive rounds from Oppressor mk2) 
  • Sea Sparrow - add countermeasures
  • Tula and Mogul - stronger armor and better guns 
  • Molotok - add strong armor or barrage missiles

• Buff payouts for Smugglers Run cargo
  • Buff payouts for stand your ground (I can't believe people still play that...) and other biker missions
  • Buff Arena Points and add better unlocks

Vehicles that deserve Custom / mkII versions
(straight up wishlist, sorry couldn't resist)

Spoiler

Buzzard mk2
- heli once so popular and so useful that I think now deserves 3 different versions just like those ArenaWars vehicles
- armor countermeasures, liveries and customizable weapons
- Custom cockpit (fuzzy dice, bubble heads)
- Custom hud (change green square to something else, show stats on screen)

Spoiler

ace-combat-7-missiles.jpg?itok=6qMV8-2E

Havok mk2
- Better landing gear,missiles with slow rate of fire and weak explosive rounds (and/or gimbal turret)

Spoiler

Also it could work as a car/bike
iReviews-PAL-V.jpg

Or land on water
9087576_orig.jpg

Swift mk2 aka AirWolf
- in gta world they can call it SwiftWolf, AirHoud or SkyWolf (referance to mission from VCS)
- Rocket boost, no auto-stabilization (so it can do barrel rolls)
- special missions 
- autopilot (with the ability to call it to land)
- different weapons, scanners, emp charge, gimbal turret, lasers and all the spy-tech you can add

Spoiler

andrew-probert-airwolf.jpg
AFS-655j.JPG

Annihilator mk2 - Ridiculous amount of powerful miniguns (or weak explosive rounds), two miniguns in the back, hook from cargobob, armor, countermeasures and new liveries 

Weaponized Mallard  - machine guns, bombs with bigger blast radius

Weaponized Dodo - from FarCry 5

Spoiler

far-cry-135365-7370874.jpg

Frogger mk2 - Poor man's Valkyrie. Cheap helicopter with powerful miniguns on both sides

Spoiler

latest?cb=20170914122018

Sea Sparrow mk2 - let people sit outside of it and use guns, add liveries and countermeasures ffc!

Spoiler

USAFwfloats_4.jpgbell47-h13-choppa-the-mash-helicopter-ve
Bell-47-00.jpgBell-47-A1.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

Retro Thruster from San Andreas

Akula - Better armor and the ability to remove those ugly red stars

Savage and Valkyrie - Countermeasures and liveries

Ruinner 3000 - better armor and weapon upgrades from Arena War

Stormberg mk2 - jump upgrade, better armor, boost underwater

Custom Boats - fast and armored so they can fight against planes 

and btw
Custom parachutes - new parachutes, new colors, new bags, thrusters, let us use heavy weapons 

Spoiler

c001a6-2015-10-02_00005.jpg

and change freeroam vehicles and their colors

EDIT:

2 hours ago, Happy Hunter said:

Right now the planes have a much better damage system than the helicopters. Even if a plane is smoking, both sides of the plane have to be damaged enough for the smoke to kill it.

I can gently touch something with one wing and all my planes stop working after short time. So maybe Seabreeze is the only one with that feature? 

Edited by Piro

Pedinhuh
19 hours ago, Marciliojunior01 said:

Dont know how i feel about the missiles accuracy, vehicles like the vigilante or sramjet would just blow themselves up everytime they fire a missile if they werent the extreme accuracy ones. I wouldn't mind if all the high accuracy missiles stay in the game BESIDES opressor Mk2

I addressed this by giving extra armor to the meme vehicles you mentioned, but I still think that undodgeable "fire and forget" homing missiles shouldn't be in this game at all, nerfing the tracking makes them dodgeable.

The sniper dancing is a problem and it isn't at the same time for me, is not realistic but increase a lot the skill involved into sniping

I engage on Sniper dancing as well as out of necessity, but I honestly don't see the skill involved with it at all, just go in FPV, hold the sprint button and the fire button while side stepping, then it's random chance if you get the kill or not but if one player starts to pull this off I'm forced to do it as well or I can't close the distance to him/her.

The grenade launcher and RPGs there is a more simple solution: explosive ammo of any kind cannot be bought via interaction menu, explosive spam solved.

I vividly remember the explosive spam back on last gen, which didn't had said menu...But I'll agree that removing the menu is also a good suggestion in general.

I use the RPG sometimes to kill myself when i am surrounded by cops and don't want to lose my car. 

That's where EWO should come in...Or cooking a grenade in your hand works just as well.

Happy Hunter

Drones reaching further would be pretty nice actually. I'd sit in the sewers and tunnels even more than I already do then. RC helicopter would be good too.

Marciliojunior01

@Pedinhuh

Sniper dancing is not that random as requires you to have reaction time and kinda predict your enemie movement. 

Explosive spam was present in last gen, but only on time per person, you use it, gone. 

About the cops situation you are right, ewo is an option. 

CarimboHanky

remove the option to buy ammo from the interactive menu, this only encourages the endless explosive spam we have experienced for a few years now. back in the day you could spam explosives but once you ran out you either had to fight it off with bullets or go passive and run to ammunation.

remove the homing missiles from the oppresor bikes.

remove the auto-target from the orbital cannon.

buff the rhino back to it original state.

buff the b-11 cannon.

give countermeasure to all aircrafts.

remove the damn postop vans from the sale missions.

cut the tie between the drone and terrorbyte, make it an independent vehicle like the rc car.

AirWolf359
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, CarimboHanky said:

remove the option to buy ammo from the interactive menu, this only encourages the endless explosive spam we have experienced for a few years now. back in the day you could spam explosives but once you ran out you either had to fight it off with bullets or go passive and run to ammunation.

buff the b-11 cannon.

cut the tie between the drone and terrorbyte, make it an independent vehicle like the rc car.

don't forget the dune FAV that lets you blow yourself up when you think you're dropping a crat... oops, a mine

and from some bunkers, even a single one is nigh undoable if you get bad sell locations

Also, make ALL delivery vehicles immune to missile lock, especially the post-op van

Edited by AirWolf359

Marciliojunior01
1 hour ago, CarimboHanky said:

buff the b-11 cannon.

No buff to the B11 cannon, it would become the hydra mk2, an unbeatable griefing machine used to divebomb over and over again. Explosive cannon of other aircraft that must be nerfed ;)

Also why removing normal bullets from.the interaction menu? Remove only RPG, homing and grenade launcher :)

CanadianMuscle

Even when delivery vehicles are immune to missile lock, against Oppressors they'll try and fire from the ground.

IF you have proximity mines equipped, mind you... I would assume the bike hovers close enough to the ground, and the mines would activate quick enough to destroy it before they have a chance to fire at you.

I'm constantly forgetting my Nightclub delivery vehicles have them. Last of three drops to Paleto Bay worth a total of $1.2m was attacked, the guy had been hovering over his Facility and instantly started following me as I passed. He couldn't lock on, but he tried to fire on the ground, and only after I got killed did I realize proximity mines exist and could've helped in that instant.

Pedinhuh
Posted (edited)

I think people who are asking for buffs to the B-11 Strikeforce are SERIOUSLY underestimating how dangerous that airplane can get.

I get it, the guns are weak as f*ck and a disrespect to the real A10 Thunderbolt canon and I'll agree with that, but as it stands the guns it has now are ideal for this game because they are not a guaranteed kill just like the cannons of Hydra and Lazer...And the B11 has tons of armor when compared to the other two, it takes over SEVEN explosive shots to down it, giving enough time to the pilot f*ck up half a session if they had the cannons from the Lazer and Hydra, and then fly back to their hangar for repairs.

In essence, it would be like dealing with jets back in last gen all over again...And we don't want that.

So, if you're buffing the cannons then the airplane has to get its armor nerfed to the level of the Lazer or Hydra...So players on ground can have a fighting chance against it to at least defend their cargo.

Edited by Pedinhuh

Voodoo-Hendrix
3 hours ago, Pedinhuh said:

I think people who are asking for buffs to the B-11 Strikeforce are SERIOUSLY underestimating how dangerous that airplane can get.

I get it, the guns are weak as f*ck and a disrespect to the real A10 Thunderbolt canon and I'll agree with that, but as it stands the guns it has now are ideal for this game because they are not a guaranteed kill just like the cannons of Hydra and Lazer...And the B11 has tons of armor when compared to the other two, it takes over SEVEN explosive shots to down it, giving enough time to the pilot f*ck up half a session if they had the cannons from the Lazer and Hydra, and then fly back to their hangar for repairs.

In essence, it would be like dealing with jets back in last gen all over again...And we don't want that.

So, if you're buffing the cannons then the airplane has to get its armor nerfed to the level of the Lazer or Hydra...So players on ground can have a fighting chance against it to at least defend their cargo.

That's why I have suggested to rebalance it instead of just buffing the cannon or slapping the Hydra's cannon and call it a day.

- Buff the cannon's rate of fire.

- Buff the damage output against players on foot (it should be a one hit kill on foot)

- Keep the same small blast radius

- Nerf the turning radius

- Nerf the flight speed at high altitude

- Nerf the armor

There, a balanced CAS aircraft that pays respect to the A-10 Thunderbolt without being overpowered.

Happy Hunter

The B-11 can take a few explosive rounds technically, but usually the control surfaces fall apart long before you explode it. It's even possible to take it out with one shot, if you hit the tail. Then it's completely out of control.

Chernobog off the radar is a pretty effective counter too. The B-11 doesn't handle dodging missiles anywhere near as well as other jets, thanks to the speed.

It's not really the kind of clear cut thing lots of people will agree on like some of the other stuff though. It's funny how you've got pretty varied lists, but they all have the orbital cannon and broomstick in there.

CanadianMuscle
Posted (edited)

Speaking of which, about my aforementioned sale...

I found the guy who did it, and let's just say he's the player none of us want around, so go ahead and spam him with downvotes...

https://www.reddit.com/user/bigsmokebaby

Edited by CanadianMuscle

Happy Hunter

If nothing's done with the broomstick, then I think it's time to start upgrading missiles on certain aircraft. Not ideal - I'd much rather they just made the broomstick balanced. But I think it'd be better than what the game currently is.

Some kind of aircraft would find its way to the top of the food chain then. The result being that if you wanted to grief, you'd have to use something less readily available than the broom that spawns at your feet. A Pyro or something like that.

Not perfect, but if one vehicle has super missiles - it's only fair. Hopefully they just sort out the broom instead though.

Voodoo-Hendrix

Something that I've been thinking about...

What if, instead of Homing Missiles, the Buzzard had Barrage Missiles instead?

I mean, these bad bois are meant to be Hydra 70 rocket pods:

BuzzardAttackChopper-GTAV-detailView.png

It could also be a nice throwback to the Buzzard from The Ballad of Gay Tony too:

Obviously, that would make the Buzzard worse for grinding but it could make it more powerful (or even overpowered?) in PvP.

I dunno, maybe R* could leave the Buzzard as it is so it's still good for grinding and offer a Buzzard Mk II upgrade at the Hangar with Barrage Missiles as an option instead.

Thoughts?

Amy Vinewood
Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, Voodoo-Hendrix said:

Something that I've been thinking about...

What if, instead of Homing Missiles, the Buzzard had Barrage Missiles instead?

I mean, these bad bois are meant to be Hydra 70 rocket pods

Obviously, that would make the Buzzard worse for grinding but it could make it more powerful (or even overpowered?) in PvP.

I dunno, maybe R* could leave the Buzzard as it is so it's still good for grinding and offer a Buzzard Mk II upgrade at the Hangar with Barrage Missiles as an option instead.

Thoughts?

We need a Buzzard MkII version with both missile types, and countermeasures

Edited by Amy Vinewood

Fun 2
Posted (edited)

Lock on into normal cars (not weaponized) should be decided by your mental state.

If your mental state is clean, players have to take you manually.

But if a clean player attack you, he becomes a target thus you are able to lock on into him. Of course, if the clean player is in a weaponized vehicle, then he's exposed to lock ons.

Sometimes, you just roll with your sports car and ask people if they want a ride, it doesn't have to turn into a battle when I ask you for a simple ride.

Edited by Fun 2

Marciliojunior01
39 minutes ago, Fun 2 said:

Lock on into normal cars (not weaponized) should be decided by your mental state.

But if a clean player attack you, he becomes a target thus you are able to lock on into him. Of course, if the clean player is in a weaponized vehicle, then he's exposed to lock ons.

Sometimes, you just roll with your sports car and ask people if they want a ride, it doesn't have to turn into a battle when I ask you for a simple ride.

Is this possible with the current tools ? 

CanadianMuscle
1 hour ago, Fun 2 said:

Maybe with this, the option for "Player Targeting Priority" in the interaction menu could go away, for it to be solely dependant on a given player's behavior.

10 hours ago, Amy Vinewood said:

We need a Buzzard MkII version with both missile types, and countermeasures

Hopefully one that doesn't need it's own workshop to modify...

Fun 2
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Marciliojunior01 said:

Is this possible with the current tools ? 

Yes, it's to do with scripting, just like how they added that extra code to ensure people who take the easy way out when being shot counts as kill to the other player.

It's kinda simple, the simple part is the code that disable the lock on, the hard part is ensuring it only apply to normal freemode gameplay so it will have to check if you're doing CEO mission or freemode event ..etc

The reason for this is because some events/missions already have that code applied to disable lock ons so it may cause problems.

Edited by Fun 2

Amy Vinewood
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, CanadianMuscle said:

Hopefully one that doesn't need it's own workshop to modify...

Hopefully it would be modified at our Hangar like the other Aircraft

Edited by Amy Vinewood