2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus or tools. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
CanadianMuscle

GTA Online Balancing Suggestions Thread

CanadianMuscle
Posted (edited)

GTA Online Rebalancing Suggestions Topic

tenor.gif

Evidently there's much needed changes for the general player environment. This can include vehicles that need buffing/nerfing - general rebalancing that makes them still useful, but much less being useful to being griefing machines. Then there's the gameplay aspect; specifically PvE being implemented to the vast majority of a player's freemode activities, while I will say I like this idea being attached with a risk factor to a certain extent, personally this hits me a lot harder than some, given that I am naturally the kind of person that hates losing progress.

Now, I've seen the ideas and opinions of y'all. You got some genuinely original stuff in mind. Although I'm not intending this to be DLC related in terms of upcoming content, but rather gameplay related changes this game needs that could be applied with following updates.

Vehicles and Gameplay balancing suggestions: that's the order of the day.

Below is a set of categories for recommendations submitted by users:

Top Submissions:

Pegassi Oppressor and Oppressor Mk II:

- Players fall off upon collision as if it was a standard motorcycle.

- Short (3-second minimum) delay reloading missiles before firing again.

- Disabling/Removing functionality of air-to-ground missiles, to reduce threat to ground targets against the Mk II.

- Removal of Oppressor and Mk II variant from MC spawn menu, only to be accessible by Mechanic and MOC/Terrorbyte.

- Missile Tracking reduced to the Buzzard's tracking level.

General Freemode Gameplay:

- Removal of Automatic Targeting for the Orbital Cannon.

- Missile Tracking for all weaponized vehicles are reduced to standard level.

- Thermal Signatures cannot be seen behind walls or other objects.

-  "Safety Lock" for explosive weapons so they cannot be detonated in the proximity of the user.

- All deaths will count towards K/D Ratio/possible removal of K/D Ratio altogether.

- Impromptu Deathmatches will remove participating player's blips.

- Bounties will be double their value if the target's mental state is maxed out.

- Muggers will wire stolen cash directly to the client player if they successfully escape.

- Passive Mode and Easy Way Out to be disabled in all weaponized vehicles.

- Lester's "Reveal Players" option will now reveal Ghosted players, excluding cargo blips.

🔼 Vehicles to be buffed:

(to be updated)

🔽 Vehicles to be nerfed:

(to be updated)

Gotta give credit to @Piro for the topic suggestion, as I feel we should address some balancing issues that need adjustments. Not sure of a thread like this already exists, but please notify me if so, I at least want to avoid the description being moved to another topic so members aren't confused over the long text.

*Be sure to forward these ideas to R* in the hopes they will take these into consideration! Link below... 👇

https://www.rockstargames.com/GTAOnline/feedback

Edited by CanadianMuscle

REXX
Posted (edited)

Buff the Rhino. I just doesn't live up to its name anymore. Its annoying to see that a Stromberg can withstand more explosions than a Tank.

Nerf the Oppressor MKII by making players fall off upon collision.

Edited by REXX

hei3enberg

How about disabling the air-to-ground missiles altogether? This way Opressors will be only dangerous to air targets and aiming at moving targets will require some skill like it was in EFLC.

StormerBoy

How about when a player kills another player, they both experience the wasted screen before they can start playing again.

CanadianMuscle

Removing the Oppressor and it's MKII variant from MC spawn functionality, albeit being classed as motorcycles. Should only be spawned by Personal Vehicle menu or by Mobile Operations Center/Terrorbyte storage.

Marciliojunior01

I was going to create this thread, but with a little bit of twist to it. The idea i inicially had was to get the balancing suggestions that are more popular (likes in the comment) in the first post of the thread, using spoilers to the description of the tweaks to certain vehicles/features/weapons and using the name as a title. That would make easier to navigate into the suggestions and post the ones you agree in the feedback page, and some great ideas wouldnt be lost throughout the many pages this thread can go for. 

If you could implement this model it would be very appreciated. 

Now to my balancing issues

- The menacer needs a little bit more armor (same as insurgent. It now can survive 22 homing as the insurgent 26) , the hability to drop mines and pull the AA trailer. The current menacer is underpowered, is a great vehicle but not good enought to be chosen over an insurgent or nightshark. I get it, it cant roll over but this is not enough. 

- The weaponized tampa should be able to be used in the arena: the W Tampa as a combat vehicle is completely useless, but in the arena war it would be a great contender. It would be all firepower and no armor (as it already is) but to not be OP, the explosive mines would me deactivated as well as the missiles. 

- The revolter needs an armor buff desperately, is a 1.6 million car advertised as a CEO perfect vehicle that cant even survive one rocket. In my oppinion it should be the nightshark of the executive men, having like half the armor of the noghtshark, but with its superior maneuverabilty and overall speed, would be the perfect CEO crates searching vehicle. 

SHOKKERZ91

--WiP--

Malaria bike MKII nerfs:

-removal from the MC-menu

-Missile-tracking reduced to standart buzzard ones

-Splashradius of missiles reduced to barrage missile ones

-dunno, make it so you can fall of of that thing?

Valkyrie buffs/MKII variant:

-let the passenger miniguns be replaced by pilot controlled Buzzard miniguns and barrage rockets

-Countermeasures

-It shouldn´t have crazy armor, let it survive one explosive and that´s it

Orbital cannon/Cancer cannon:

-f*ck it

RC car:

-Just my opinion, but i think a toy shouldn´t survive more rockets than an actual car

Molotok:

-Greatly buff agility, this thing flies worse than a hydra

B-11:

-nerf agility, it´s not a dogfighter

-Buff the cannon, this plane alone should have the firepower of Hydra/Lazer

Hydra/Lazer:

-Both should have a cannon damage nerf to rogue level damage

Havok/Seasparrow

-get rid of the cal.50 minigun and replace it by a buzzard minigun.

Deliever vehicles of any kind:

-not lockable period

-Some of them need stronger armor

-Performance upgrades (Post-OP...)

EWO:

-free to use

-10 minute cooldown

Passive Mode:

-no passive in any weaponized vehicle/aircraft period

-when leaving passive, a timer is shown over the persons head to combat passive abuse

Selfkilling by explosives:

-if you kill yourself 3 times in 2 minutes, you lose all explosives

CanadianMuscle
9 minutes ago, Marciliojunior01 said:

I was going to create this thread, but with a little bit of twist to it. The idea i inicially had was to get the balancing suggestions that are more popular (likes in the comment) in the first post of the thread, using spoilers to the description of the tweaks to certain vehicles/features/weapons and using the name as a title. That would make easier to navigate into the suggestions and post the ones you agree in the feedback page, and some great ideas wouldnt be lost throughout the many pages this thread can go for. 

If you could implement this model it would be very appreciated.

Ah, yes. Admittedly it's a little bland right now but I'll go by your recommendations and update soon.

fw3

I wish they'd just get rid of all the weaponized junk in the game.

I don't mind flying vehicles, but lose the missiles, already.

To me, that's what ruined the overall experience.

And the Orbital Cannon? Who was THAT designed for?

I thought the Rhino and the Lazer were a problem back in 2013, but jeez.... never saw all this coming.

Big Molio

Buff the Molotok, so it has the same cannons as the Hydra and Lazer. Who else imagined when it arrived that we were all set for some classic US vs Russki type aerial dogfighting? Only for it to be a pile of wank.

Marciliojunior01
14 minutes ago, Big Molio said:

Buff the Molotok, so it has the same cannons as the Hydra and Lazer. Who else imagined when it arrived that we were all set for some classic US vs Russki type aerial dogfighting? Only for it to be a pile of wank.

Please no more explosive cannon :(

Big Molio
13 minutes ago, Marciliojunior01 said:

Please no more explosive cannon :(

I would limit each to 100 rounds per spawn, and only available from the airbase.

PNutterSammich
32 minutes ago, fw3 said:

And the Orbital Cannon? Who was THAT designed for?

I think R* was probably a wee bit high when they came up with it. I can all but guarantee it was designed as a "fun toy" to joke about with friends, a "what if" scenario that was never *REALLY* intended to be used to the extent that it has been. This is why it's so expensive to use.

You see, in the magical world of awesome that R* seems to think online is, everyone would get along and no one would be able to justify spending that kind of money for a single kill that in the end, means little to nothing.

However, its almost like they forgot that online is riddled with mouth breathing morons who have more cheated money then sense and laugh at the paltry sum they charge.

Honestly, the OC should be priced at $10,000,000 per NON-REFUNDABLE shot. Money is taken BEFORE you even select a target and NOTHING RETURNS it, not even changing sessions. This means that griefers would really have to think twice before firing that shot and legit players would never use it because, honestly, no one is worth that much.

Pedinhuh
Posted (edited)

Vehicular homing missiles in general:

-ALL Homing missiles gets their tracking nerfed to standard accuracy(Buzzard, Savage, Hydra, etc..) with the Chernobog, Terrorbyte, SAM battery of the AA Trailer remaining untouched to this change;

Vehicular fixed machine guns in general:

-All fixed vehicular machine guns are leveled to the damage and rate of fire of the Stromberg;

Lazer and Hydra:

-Explosive cannons of both jets gets their Rate of Fire, damage per shot and splash damage equalized to the Rogue/B11 Strikeforce cannons...To compensate, they both gets to have countermeasures now;

Opressor Mk1 and Opressor Mk2:

-Both bikes are removed from the MC spawn menu, now you will have to use your mechanic to call them up;

Orbital Canon:

-Automatic targeting is removed, manual shots have the blast radius increased by 2×;

Thermal Goggles:

-These won't spot even faint thermal signatures from behind walls now, putting the visor down now automatically triggers the heat vision when on foot;

Sniper rifles in general:

-Stealth mode is now enforced when looking through their scopes, movement speed is equalized for both third person and first person perspectives;

Explosives and heavy artillery explosive weapons(RPG and Homing rocket launcher):

-A "safety lock" is added to all of these weapons, which doesn't allow detonation of them if the user is close enough to be killed by the explosion or blast radius;

Scramjet, Vigilante, Deluxo, Armored Tampa:

-Change armor type to neutral, and bump it to survive 3 explosions now;

Rhino Tank:

-Armor reverted back to its pre-2014 state so it can compete with the Khanjali and APC;

Bombshuka:

-Undo the changes to the cargo hold with the Arena War update, armor type changed to neutral and bumped up to 7 explosions;

Mule Custom, Pounder Custom and Speedo Custom:

-The armor it has on free roam is now the same armor it has on sale missions, add the ability to open the rear doors through the interaction menu.

Homing rocket launcher:

-Missile tracking is now equalized to standard Homing missile accuracy to give helicopters a chance to evade them;

Grenade Launcher and Compact Grenade Launcher:

-The semi-auto tracking of each grenade fired from these weapons is removed against other players.

PvP in general:

-All forms of deaths will now count negatively towards your K/D ratio;

-Option to buy ammo from the interaction menu is removed;

-1v1 impromptu deathmatches will now remove both players blips from the radar of other players, lock-on of Homing missiles is disabled for whatever vehicle they are driving/riding/flying for the duration of the deathmatch.

-All bounties will now be worth 2× if the player with a bounty is with a maxed mental state(red blip);

-Lamar's mugger can now mug up to 20k, hitstun increased by 2 seconds on the target, if the mugger manages to escape the target the money is automatically wired to the caller;

-Lester's Off Radar is bumped to 2 minutes;

-Lester's Reveal Players can now reveal Ghosted players for a minute(but it won't reveal cargo blips).

-Players wont be charged insurance premiums and Bad Sport points for blowing up weaponized personal vehicles on free roam.

Edited by Pedinhuh

Marciliojunior01

@Pedinhuh

Dont know how i feel about the missiles accuracy, vehicles like the vigilante or sramjet would just blow themselves up everytime they fire a missile if they werent the extreme accuracy ones. I wouldn't mind if all the high accuracy missiles stay in the game BESIDES opressor Mk2

The sniper dancing is a problem and it isn't at the same time for me, is not realistic but increase a lot the skill involved into sniping

The grenade launcher and RPGs there is a more simple solution: explosive ammo of any kind cannot be bought via interaction menu, explosive spam solved.

I use the RPG sometimes to kill myself when i am surrounded by cops and don't want to lose my car. 

Happy Hunter
Posted (edited)

I could write a book on it all to be honest. A very tiring book, full of dead horses being beat. So I'm going to have to edit this a few times. For now, the obvious ones.

Orbital cannon should just go to be honest. Yeah not likely, but I'm just giving my honest opinion. At the very least, automatic tracking isn't needed. I don't recall automatic tracking being used in the heists.

Like the orbital cannon, the broomstick should go too. Just doesn't have a place in the game. Useful grinding tool maybe, but then so would adding a button that just automatically completes any grinding or combat - doesn't mean it should be in the game. So many things people put up with because they're convenient. I doubt it'll go though, so - put it this way, it's one of the few exceptions I'd make to the #buff,notnerf rule. Nerf it into oblivion lol. It doesn't do anything positive. Makes grinders lazier, and makes tryhards frighteningly stupid.

Add an option to disable pitch-stabilization on helicopters.

Tanks need a huge buff, Rhino particularly.

Bombushka needs a buff badly. 3 explosive sniper shots to take that down is terrible. Should be pretty much invulnerable to snipers, given its size. Homing launchers or RPGs can do the trick on foot.

The explosive sniper in general messes things up for a lot of the less overpowered aircraft. Especially helicopters, since they have a very basic damage system with the engines smoking. This system should either be more complex and give helicopters more redundancy like planes, or engine smoke shouldn't bring them down. This takes a Hunter from being shot once and falling down from engine smoke, to having to take the full 7 shots it's supposed to.

The glitch/issue where bombs fall through the ground without detonating - that needs fixing.

Bombs in general don't have a lot of use. I'd make them scale with aircraft size. Aircraft classified as small get the current bombs. Medium aircraft get bigger bombs. Large aircraft get huge bombs.

A targeting reticle on the map and/or ground for bombing would be good. Basically, a bombsight.

Remove buying explosives from the interaction menu.

Sniper dancing can go.

Passive mode and EWO could do with tweaking.

More of the vehicles should be able to be used solo. APC, for example. Same with aircraft/co-pilot weapons. These could all be used by a solo player by simply pointing the camera to aim. Meanwhile, there's still a clear advantage to having a dedicated gunner - they can zoom in and see better, and don't have to pilot at the same time.

Armed vehicles being personal vehicles has issues. Paying 10K to destroy a tank that's griefing you hardly seems fair. Neither does having that tank appear next to you, if I'm honest. Should have spawns more like Pegasus and personal aircraft. Once again, convenience and laziness is sh*tting on balance.

B-11 cannon should be devastating. Right now it's terrible. Especially given how vulnerable the B-11 is to missiles.

Not sure how to buff the Valkyrie without making it too much like the Hunter. An armour buff is a safe one I guess.

Sea Sparrow gun should be able to pivot. Aim by moving the camera. Think of the Ultralight, nightclub vehicles, etc. Sea Sparrow could also use countermeasures.

Edited by Happy Hunter

Marciliojunior01
Posted (edited)

@Happy Hunter 

Always on point. I agree with almost everything except the B11, if the cannon get buffed it would be the hydra 2.0, stonger, better handling, flares, how can someone in the geound defend himself against it ? I know the cannon being weak bother every aviation guy but thrust me, if it gets a better cannon it would be a nightmare in every single session. 

The tanks buff apart from the rhino is also arguable, we cant make them too powerful otherwise people would be invulnerable inside them and anyone on ground would be clapped over and over again without even the chance of defense 

@CanadianMuscle great job with the layout and top submissions. I couldn't do better :)

Edited by Marciliojunior01

Happy Hunter
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Marciliojunior01 said:

@Happy Hunter 

Always on point. I agree with almost everything except the B11, if the cannon get buffed it would be the hydra 2.0, stonger, better handling, flares, how can someone in the geound defend himself against it ? I know the cannon being weak bother every aviation guy but thrust me, if it gets a better cannon it would be a nightmare in every single session. 

The tanks buff apart from the rhino is also arguable, we cant make them too powerful otherwise people would be invulnerable inside them and anyone on ground would be clapped over and over again without even the chance of defense 

Someone on the ground is already at a big disadvantage to tanks though. All the current armour does is make them really easy pickings for anything with homing missiles. I don't know - people can spawn so many things with homing missiles, and those will always have the edge over a tank, even if the tank was almost invincible. Maybe tanks could just get some form of countermeasures? Would be a way of having them have reasonable armour, yet not just be easy prey for a Buzzard.

B-11 admittedly is more about the feel to me. It just doesn't even feel enjoyable to fly it, to me. It's impossible to ignore how its entire purpose and selling point isn't what it's meant to be. I can picture it being a pain to deal with if buffed though. Then again, it doesn't deal with accurate missiles as well as the Hydra does. Just doesn't have the speed. An off radar Chernobog should always be able to deal with it. Not to mention people have their explosive snipers.

Edited by Happy Hunter

Marciliojunior01
4 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

Someone on the ground is already at a big disadvantage to tanks though. All the current armour does is make them really easy pickings for anything with homing missiles. I don't know - people can spawn so many things with homing missiles, and those will always have the edge over a tank, even if the tank was almost invincible.

B-11 admittedly is more about the feel to me. It just doesn't even feel enjoyable to fly it, to me. It's impossible to ignore how its entire purpose and selling point isn't what it's meant to be. I can picture it being a pain to deal with if buffed though. Then again, it doesn't deal with accurate missiles as well as the Hydra does. Just doesn't have the speed. An off radar Chernobyl should always be able to deal with it. Not to mention people have their explosive snipers.

What you say about tanks would work wonderfully if they didnt spawn trapped you, but i guess there are still ways to scape like heist teleports, bandito or passive. 

Just as you touched in the subject, the chernodumb needs a HUGE buff in terms of everything. 

My problem with the B11 tho, is like the guy who is transporting crates and cant do anything against a savage cannon at more tham 130 mph that can survive 5 homing rockets. I know explosive sniper is a somewhat counter, but people who actually use the heavy sniper on a regular basis like me cannot have explosive rounds attached due to the extremely small magazine. 

CanadianMuscle
Just now, Marciliojunior01 said:

Just as you touched in the subject, the chernodumb needs a HUGE buff in terms of everything.

Hell yeah it does. It's the Russian "Spray 'N Pray" missile machine where pretty much every weaponized air vehicle is it's kryptonite.

Voodoo-Hendrix

Ok, let's get this bread.

Oppresor Mk II

- Missile accuracy down to Buzzard level.

- Increased likeness to fall off the bike after a crash.

- Can fire up to 4 missiles before a short cooldown, like the Buzzard or the jets.

- Remove it from the MC spawn menu.

- Add a 5 minute cooldown after calling it, just like Special Vehicles and Personal Aircraft.

- Change its control scheme so it controls more like the original Oppressor (L3 for boost instead of X/A for example).

- Being able to upgrade and customize it at a MOC, Avenger or Arena Workshops.

Ruiner 2000

- Reduce missile tracking to Buzzard level.

- Can fire up to 8 missiles before reloading.

- Buffed armor so it takes at least more than 1 explosive to blow up.

- Bullet resistant windows.

- Being able to change the Parachute to any of the models featured on the Special Ruiner 2000 races at LSC.

- Colourable interior.

Deluxo

- Reduced missile tracking to Buzzard level.

- Can fire up to 4 missiles before reloading.

- 5 minute cooldown after being called or destroyed like Special Vehicles and Personal Aircraft.

Hydra and Lazer

- Rogue Explosive MGs instead of Explosive Cannons, with a slightly reduced rate of fire (optional).

- Upgrades and Countermeasures.

- Can fire up to 6 missiles before reloading.

APC

- Reduced armor resistance.

- Valkyrie/Oppresor Mk II explosive cannon instead of regular tank cannon.

- SAM Battery actually being able to fire Homing Missiles, can fire up to 6 missiles before reloading.

- Cannon operable solo.

Molotok, Rogue, Nokota, Pyro and Starling

Barrage Missiles instead of Homing Missiles:

- Molotok: 5 missiles per barrage.

- Rogue: 7 missiles per barrage.

- Nokota: 6 missiles per barrage.

- Pyro and Starling: 8 missiles per barrage.

All Mk II weapons

- Reduced clip capacity removed.

Explosive Rounds/Slugs

- Nerfed damage output, not a OHK against unarmored vehicles unless the fuel tank is shot directly.

- The blast radius can clip through windshelds now, so it's possible to kill a driver/pilot without blowing the whole vehicle up.

Homing Launcher

- Unable to fire unguided missiles now, it only can fire homing ones now and only if a lock on is archieved in the first place.

FH-1 Hunter

- Blast radius and damage output of the Explosive Cannon reduced, now it behaves more like the Valkyrie cannon.

- Slightly reduced armor.

- Nerfed size (the thing is oddly huge lmao)

B-11 Strikeforce

- Buffed rate of fire and damage output of the Explosive MG.

- Nerfed turning radius and speed at high altitude.

- Slightly nerfed armor, it should take 3 Homing Missiles or 2 ROG rounds to blow up.

- Homing Missile ammo limit removed.

General fixes

- All Homing Missiles have reduced blast radius.

- Any EWO, suicide or accidental death now counts against both K/D and scoreboard.

- Strafing speed on First Person Mode reduced to Third Person levels.

- Moving or strafing now affects accuracy when using a Sniper Rifle.

- With exception of the AP Pistol, all Machine Guns, Assault Rifles, the Assault Shotgun and the Minigun; all weapons now behave in a semiautomatic fashion, meaning that the player now requires to press the trigger button for every shot.

- Option of buying Ammo through the Interaction Menu removed.

- Passive Mode disabled on any weaponized vehicle, from a Comet Safari with Machine Guns to fighter jets.

- The Gusemberg Sweeper now behaves more like an SMG than a Machine Gun, it also can be fired properly instead of only hipfiring.

- The Double Barrel Shotgun now can shoot a single round instead of only two at the same time.

- Grenade Launcher now has 6 rounds per clip.

And before I forget, remember to send your suggestions here too!

https://www.rockstargames.com/GTAOnline/feedback

CanadianMuscle

Oh! And before I forget...

Handling flags.

Not PvP related, but adding or removing these for all vehicles may help in races.

I dunno, I still don't like the feeling of my Vamos veering off to the nearest wall every time i'm trying to keep the car going straight.

Happy Hunter
24 minutes ago, Marciliojunior01 said:

What you say about tanks would work wonderfully if they didnt spawn trapped you, but i guess there are still ways to scape like heist teleports, bandito or passive. 

My problem with the B11 tho, is like the guy who is transporting crates and cant do anything against a savage cannon at more tham 130 mph that can survive 5 homing rockets. I know explosive sniper is a somewhat counter, but people who actually use the heavy sniper on a regular basis like me cannot have explosive rounds attached due to the extremely small magazine. 

Biggest thing for chernobog is that it can't aim up high enough for a divebombing jet. If it could do that, it'd be a lot more effective.

The crates thing is difficult. I mean, most of these cargo vehicles are vulnerable to anything. A Buzzard on your back will feel overpowered if you're in a Titan or post van. Even the Annihilator, the pinnacle of underpowered vehicles, will make short work of a post van. I just don't think the vehicles can be balanced around cargo vehicles. You'd have to remove so much then.

Marciliojunior01

@Voodoo-Hendrix

Nerfing all super accurate missiles to buzzard ones is not a good idea in my oppinion, they only need to be taken out of the mk2 

Only barrage in the pyro, mig 19, and the rouge  is not a good idea, adding the barrage is ok but restricting to it definitely is not. Makes these plane almost useless. Every proper fighter plane needs homing missiles. 

The remaining i am fine :)

Willy A. Jeep

I can see this thread getting messy, but I do think it needs to exist. This game leapt from the balancing board into the deep end some time ago, and it's continued sinking for far longer than many thought it would. I'll go ahead and share my opinions, split into two categories, "what I think works" and "what I really want". Everything in the former category applies in the latter, unless it conflicts. I'm sure I'll think of more things, but this is what I've got right now. It's pretty extensive!

What I Think Works

• Airborne vehicles should not have explosive cannons, unlimited weapons, nor ground-lock missiles, but should be able to take atleast two hits (or five for larger aircraft) from a high explosive before entering failure states. Unusually small aircraft are exempt.
  • Large land vehicles should be able to tolerate atleast one explosive before being destroyed even without armour upgrades, and up to five with full armour. Medium land vehicles should survive up to two at full armour, and small one.
  • Armoured land vehicles should all be able to resist extreme amounts of gunfire and, depending on size, from two to fifteen direct hits by high explosives. None should have ground-lock missiles, and all should be limited in ammunition capacity.
  • Special vehicles - delivery, business, or otherwise - should be capable of withstanding direct explosives fairly better than standard, and improve with higher armour upgrades where applicable.
  • Air-dropped bombs should have much larger area of effect and do far more damage, but be more limited in supply.
  • Players should only be able to carry one weapon of each type when in freemode, excluding the "grenade" slot. In missions - heists, survivals, PvP, et cetera - this restriction would not apply.
  • The Interaction Menu ammunition store should be removed.
  • Passive Mode and "EWO" features should have a five-minute cooldown and be inaccessible when the player has recently been in combat with other players. Passive Mode should also prevent wanted levels, NPC hostility, and vehicle bailout.
  • Off The Radar features should work more like in certain missions, hiding the player's blip when they're moving, but revealing it when they stay still or use a weapon.
  • The Orbital Cannon should have a real-time cooldown of twenty-four hours, only counting down during playtime outside of properties and not using Passive Mode.
  • General vehicle performance should be more diverse, but performance customization more expensive for higher-value vehicles. Vehicular weaponization and weapon upgrades should be extremely expensive and cost to refill.
  • Land vehicles based on high-power engined vehicles should reflect this by having better torque, even if top speed is low.
  • Benny's conversions and cosmetic customization should be much cheaper.
  • Business daily fees should be lower and long-distance deliveries pay out higher, and only other players with the same business should be given a notification that another player is running a job.
  • Hangar business payouts should be increased in order to bring it more in-line with other businesses.
  • Oppressors and the Thruster should not be available via any quick-call feature, only accessible from their storage locations, and both be limited in high-altitude flight time. Collisions should always knock players off and destroy the vehicle if it falls for more than 50 feet, there should be no countermeasures available, and there should be near-zero direct explosive survivability for vehicle or rider.

Vehicle Specific changes

• Bombushka, Volatol, and Titan planes should be capable of speeds only slightly slower than the Hydra when at full throttle, and somewhat faster than their current top speeds when cruising.
  • Velum, Dodo, Cuban 800, and Mammatus planes should have higher top speeds.
  • Annihilator and Maverick helicopters should have higher top speeds and better maneuverability.
  • Boxville and Surfer vans should have a higher top speed.
  • Phantom Custom, Hauler Custom, Terrorbyte, and Avenger vehicles should be easier to disable, but still more durable than most standard vehicles.
  • Chernobog and Rhino vehicles should be able to take double their current damage before being disabled.
  • Cargobob helicopters should be able to lift all but the largest of vehicles with relative ease, but slower airspeed and lower maneuverability while doing so.
  • Insurgent vehicles should be easier to disable, the Pick-Up easier than the standard.
  • Vigilante, Rocket Voltic, and Scramjet cars should have much longer boost and recharge times.
  • Deluxo and Stromberg cars should have higher speeds in their "special" modes, but lower-accuracy and lower-capacity missiles.

What I Really Want (but are probably too ridiculous)

• Bombs removed from all aircraft but the Bombushka, Volatol, and Tula, and only one type of missile system (air-to-air, unguided, barrage) installed at any time on any aircraft. Air-to-air and unguided missile capacity at six, barrage at fifty.
  • Players can only carry one large (sniper rifles, some shotguns, launchers), one medium (most automatic rifles, most SMGs, some shotguns), and one small weapon (pistols, cut-down shotguns, PDW), plus five thrown weapons. Ammunition limited to 500 rounds per weapon, except launcher-type weapons which are single-use, and the minigun which is limited to 2000 rounds.
  • Passive Mode overhauled to allow players to use weapons, but cause no damage to other players, only interacting with the environment. All vehicles owned or recently used by the passive player will be ghosted to other players.
  • Artificial health regeneration like that provided on a "favorite bike" removed, as well as certain types of damage - fire, gas, oxygen deprivation - capping max health at half until the character respawns.
  • Weapons and weapon options removed from all non-military, non-Arena "standard" cars. Things like the Vigilante, Scramjet, and Ruiner 2000 are exempt.
  • Player blips work more like that in Red Dead Online or Fallout 76, being invisible at distance unless the player has a bounty, has high "mental state level", or is an associate of some sort.
  • Two number nines, a number nine large, a number six with extra dip, a number seven, two number forty-fives, one with cheese, and a large soda.

Voodoo-Hendrix
4 minutes ago, Marciliojunior01 said:

Nerfing all super accurate missiles to buzzard ones is not a good idea in my oppinion, they only need to be taken out of the mk2 

I mean, at least you can avoid Buzzard missiles if you're skilled enough, meanwhile, R2K missiles almost never miss, you get locked on, you're as much as dead.

Sorry but they need to go, these kind of hyper accurate missiles shouldn't have been added to the game in the first place.

At most, land weaponized vehicles with Homing Missiles should have Oppresor (the original one) or Homing Launcher accuracy, better than standard missiles but not at the extreme level than Oppresor Mk II or R2K missiles are, those border on "I win!" territory

6 minutes ago, Marciliojunior01 said:

Only barrage in the pyro, mig 19, and the rouge  is not a good idea, adding the barrage is ok but restricting to it definitely is not. Makes these plane almost useless. Every proper fighter plane needs homing missiles. 

The remaining i am fine :)

My suggestion was based more alonside the lines of WWII/Korean War era aircraft having Homing Missiles not making any sense whatsoever, but I guess that a Barrage Missiles option alonside a Homing Missile one wouldn't hurt anyone.

On topic: Before I forget, R* should fix the lock-on system on all weaponized vehicles and aircraft with Homing Missiles, it's currently broken.

Let me explain, normally, when you fire a Homing Launcher, unless the lock on reticle turns red, your missiles will go straight instead of tracking a target, as intended.

Well, all weaponized vehicles with Homing Missiles (with exception of the Chernobog and the Antiaircraft Trailer with Homing Missiles) can start firing Homing missiles the split second a green lock on reticle is adquired and the missiles will still go to their target.

What does this mean? Well, it means that as long as you get a lock onto something or someone, your missiles will track it no matter what, which kind of defeats the point of having a lock on systen in the first place. Not only that, it turns certain Countermeasures like Flares useless (hard to redirect 5 or 6 missiles going after you in a split second) or very situational line Chaff (hard to break a lock on with it when someone can launch missiles at you with a green lock on). This joined with the extreme accuracy of missiles in some vehicles (as mentioned above) turns them extremely overpowered and piss easy to use.

So yeah, fix the lock on for weaponized vehicles so it works as it should.

Marciliojunior01

@Voodoo-Hendrix 

You are probably right, the god tier missiles hurt more than help in terms of PvP, i guess i am so used to them that i cant imagine a scenario without them in some vehicles like the deluxo or stromberg. 

They are hella useful in missions tho (specially that merrywheather gunrunning sale where the enemies spawn two miles away from you in a imsurgent running to the opposite direction), but i think that doesnt trade by itself. 

kcole4001
Posted (edited)

My humble suggestions:

In order to fix the obnoxious tendencies of Oppressor MkII owners, remove all weapons.

Keep the flare/chaff options, and possibly increase the speed slightly.

It's a great grinding/traveling tool, the weapons make absolutely no sense.

Also remove weapons from the original Oppressor for the same reasons, perhaps add flares/chaff to it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buff the B-11's cannon fire rate and damage, limit the bombs and missiles to a realistic amount.

As a matter of opinion, all vehicles should have a realistic limit on missiles and bombs, and should have counter measures added if they would have them in reality.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REMOVE the orbital cannon.

It serves no useful purpose in the game but to enable cheating scum who change sessions immediately after use to avoid paying and also avoid the cooldown.

FFS, it's f*cking broken people, get it out ASAP.

I've never been zapped with it, but I've also never seen a freemode livestream without it being abused by some weiner head.

Edited by kcole4001
spelling

Happy Hunter

De-nerf the hollow point rounds for the MKII Heavy Revolver. That was good fun before they ruined it.

Voodoo-Hendrix

- Make Body Armor invulnerable to damage from falling and crashes.

- Make Helmets cosmetic only in Deathmatches.

- Make Bull Shark Testosterone (BST) only buff health and melee damage (so you can kill from one punch or something), not damage output from firearms.

- Put the Blista Compact in the Compacts class ffs.