3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Rammer2k

Most Ridiculous Awards?

Rammer2k

So, just like in GTA, there are a ton of Awards you can "grind"  for various categories.  Overall, they really don't give you too much except some RP, and a little gold.  I believe I have about 190 Awards in the Gold status, or reset few times.  Looking through the list, some of these are just insane which I know I'll never complete cause I'll most likely be totally done with this game well before that.

Some of the most ridiculous awards I've saw were getting 16 Tier Cards.  That'll cost ya at least $14K.  Some others were the 100 maps, and that's a reset able award too.  Good luck with that.  Walking/running 1000 miles, and reset that 10x.  Of course there's a bunch of PVP awards, and Posse awards to grind as well. 

I guess the bottom line, I don't expect to fully complete this like I did with the GTA awards.  On one hand, it would seem Rockstar figured players would in this for the long term, or just like the Beta, a complete mess.

Lonely-Martin

Like you OP, I'm not so keen after GTA:O in doing these all. Whatever pops up, pops up. 

I think the 1000 miles in a boat is a fair old grind though but if they add much content with rivers or the seas used naturally more and more, like a trip to Mexico on many jobs etc then like the running one, if we enjoy playing long enough the awards/buckles could pop too, eventually. :)

BUT THE BENZ

I have about 150 awards...of 450? the ones I achieve by playing the game my way: okay...the ones I miss by not doing something specifically, totally different...well that's okay too!

Rafae S

165 here

Red Lynx 23
Posted (edited)

I've reset the kill two animals in an explosion, sell a hundred herbs to a Doctor, and spend a thousand dollars in a shop awards ten times, and am done with them. I am currently at nine thousand something with killing animals and selling animals or animal parts to a Butcher. Then they will have been reset ten times as well. 

I imagine that new awards will be added too, just like they were with GTA Online's Heist, Doomsday Heist, and After Hours updates.

Edited by Red Lynx 23

SuperJude™

Kill 10 people in one Dead Eye use? I mean I'm sure it's one of those things that'll eventually happen but I've played a LOT of Story Missions and haven't found one single instance where I have enough people in range to even attempt such a thing. Even some of the more open Gang Hideouts don't leave 10 people exposed at once! 

GenericGTAO
Posted (edited)

The posse awards are probably the hardest ones because those require a parnter to basically grind them with you.  

Edited by GenericGTAO

Rammer2k
4 minutes ago, SuperJude™ said:

Kill 10 people in one Dead Eye use? I mean I'm sure it's one of those things that'll eventually happen but I've played a LOT of Story Missions and haven't found one single instance where I have enough people in range to even attempt such a thing. Even some of the more open Gang Hideouts don't leave 10 people exposed at once! 

I got that pretty easily with Gang Hideouts.  You can refill your meter while in deadye with snake oil, and it'll still count.

Chrismads
11 minutes ago, SuperJude™ said:

Shouldn't be a problem for a hardcore free aimer like you. Just complete a hideout with slippery active.

SuperJude™
11 minutes ago, Rammer2k said:

I got that pretty easily with Gang Hideouts.  You can refill your meter while in deadye with snake oil, and it'll still count.

I've just had the worst luck it seems. Guy runs out of range, headshot someone who falls down but gets back up just as dead eye expires, yada yada yada. Ain't for lack of trying.

Which is why I made the post I did.

And I'm certain a lot of people have a hard time with this one!!!

Chrismads - Hey maybe keep your comments confined to the OTHER THREADS WHERE YOU ARE UPSET WITH ME? You have the Bitch and Moan thread and your Justice Served thread to go off on me or make snide comments. It's rather bothersome when people follow you wherever you post. It's called Message Board Stalking and it doesn't benefit anyone. I will stay away from your Justice Served thread, so please stop comment stalking elsewhere. Fair?

Sammionna

Managed to clear 4 gang hideouts in an in-game day today, that's something I honestly thought I'd never accomplish.

Chrismads
44 minutes ago, SuperJude™ said:

Chrismads - Hey maybe keep your comments confined to the OTHER THREADS WHERE YOU ARE UPSET WITH ME? You have the Bitch and Moan thread and your Justice Served thread to go off on me or make snide comments. It's rather bothersome when people follow you wherever you post. It's called Message Board Stalking and it doesn't benefit anyone. I will stay away from your Justice Served thread, so please stop comment stalking elsewhere. Fair?

Man u r wrong in the head. We're using the same forum so we're bound to participate in the same discussions.

I wasn't even trolling u. I remember thinking myself: That's impossible. Because i thought it had to be one sequence of painted targets, but then later realized how easy it was just using slow and steady.

Or for you as a hard core free aimer, slippery bastard.

You can just choose to ignore me if I hurt your frail feelings so much. 😥

Master Tyrus
1 hour ago, SuperJude™ said:

I got it on "kill them, every last one of em" mission with the varmint pre nerf. Maybe try it with paint it black? 

Cratoz

For me it has to be 1000 miles with the train and 100 miles with the canoe.

Train one, It's faster than the canoe and you can do some miles while being afk. But It's still 1000 miles.

The canoe is "just" 100 miles but of course it's way slower and you have to actively play. Not only that but I think It'd get boring quickly.

I think both of them are more ridiculous than the rest because you for the most part can't do it passively.

Upgrade 16 cards to Tier 3? You earn money and XP doing other things, it just takes time.

Some posse awards are also dumb but at least you don't have to exclusively go for it if you play in a session and play some PvP. 

Red Lynx 23
2 hours ago, Sammionna said:

Managed to clear 4 gang hideouts in an in-game day today, that's something I honestly thought I'd never accomplish.

That took me two attempts. I just barely missed on my first attempt, when a gang hideout spawned for half a second and then vanished. 

GenericGTAO

You can always lasso and hogtie 10 guys at hideout, use a revolver and head shot 6 in a row and get imo the best looking belts buckle besides maybe the drunk kills one.

Red Lynx 23
2 hours ago, GenericGTAO said:

You can always lasso and hogtie 10 guys at hideout, use a revolver and head shot 6 in a row and get imo the best looking belts buckle besides maybe the drunk kills one.

That might also work for ten kills with a single dead eye use. Potent Snake Oil consumption as well.

Happy Hunter

Most of these are the kind of things that'll just build up over time, and maybe I'll finish them off later in the game's life.

Some of them are more awkward though, like the ones involving feuds, posse stuff, etc.

Van_Hellsing

Shoot x players in the back.  I didn't know it was a challenge until I got it. 

Buy and stable 5 horses. To get a full house, it takes a lot of money, pay a lot of upkeep and afterwards you can not sell the accumulated horses. Rockstar logic in full glory 😲

rusbeckia
15 hours ago, SuperJude™ said:

Cops? It‘s the only thing they‘re good for.

Mad-Monkey_1st
2 hours ago, Van_Hellsing said:

Shoot x players in the back.  I didn't know it was a challenge until I got it. 

Buy and stable 5 horses. To get a full house, it takes a lot of money, pay a lot of upkeep and afterwards you can not sell the accumulated horses. Rockstar logic in full glory 😲

Not being able to sell high value stuff IE horse doesn't come under  R* logic Its done for a specific reason to completely stop stop duping like in GTAO with cars they learnt there lesson here and went the easy to eradicate duping from RD) stop selling stuff of value 

BUT THE BENZ
17 hours ago, SuperJude™ said:

a challenge indeed. fort mercer comes to mind though?!

Boozey St John

Falling off your horse from a certain height and surviving with your horse.

Needless to say, Picky was quick to get me that award... Didn't even know it existed. 

AmyStone
5 hours ago, Boozey St John said:

Needless to say, Picky was quick to get me that award... Didn't even know it existed. 

That's one I completed almost without noticing. When I checked my awards one day it said I had done it 9 times (but I couldn't even remember doing it one) and I just had 1 to go. It took about another month to get the last one.

Sir McTim
5 hours ago, Boozey St John said:

Yeah I got that one a few days ago, fell off a cliff that me and my horse shoulda died from but instead survived and was given an award for it. I was very confused from those chain of events lol.

SuperJude™

Let's be honest the MOST RIDICULOUS of all is the Gold Belt for getting 1000 Hatshots.

I mean...Hatshots? WHO EVER TRIES FOR A HAT SHOT!

It's basically awarding:

a) managing to shoot at people with ability cards

b) managing to shoot at NPCs with wonky mechanics

c) managing to shoot almost but just not good enough at opposing players and NPCs

Red Lynx 23
9 hours ago, BUT THE BENZ said:

a challenge indeed. fort mercer comes to mind though?!

I plan on getting a gang hideout to myself, most likely in a solo lobby. Then trying to hog tie or most likely knock ten enemies out, and stack them in a corner, activate deadeye and kill them all with a single dynamite arrow.

The Deadite
On 4/7/2019 at 1:25 PM, Sammionna said:

Only was able to do this one because i glitched into a solo server and spent the whole day doing hideouts at gusto... dont think i would been able to in a public server.

Also, 1000 miles traveled in train... why is this a thing and why i unironically want that buckle?

Sammionna
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, The Deadite said:

Only was able to do this one because i glitched into a solo server and spent the whole day doing hideouts at gusto... dont think i would been able to in a public server.

Also, 1000 miles traveled in train... why is this a thing and why i unironically want that buckle?

Theoretically speaking, I may have also glitched into a solo server.

Edited by Sammionna

ThaBirdCoot

For me it's the showdown awards buckles. I am no longer a teenager used to sweat these and try win at all costs, especially not for a ugly gold buckle. That, and they mostly just suck for obvious reasons (cards, aim prefs ect. ) When I was younger I was doing pvp all day thousands of matches in RDR, ranked in top leaderboards. Nowadays I can't even be bothered anymore with the shoot kill rinse and repeat.