TUT: HOW TO EDIT TEXTS WITHOUT CLUSTERING / HOW TO PUT HYPHEN IN A DYOM MISSION

bananaking13

bananaking13

I'm actually surprised noone has discovered this, but here is an idea I found out on how to edit texts without clustering / put hyphens in your DYOM missions! (hyphens are this: - sign)

To add hyphens:

1- In the parts where you want hyphens in the mission, replace them with a "3"

2- Do everything in your mission and finish it (You can edit it later btw)

3- In the mission menu, select export mission texts

4- Go to dyomtemp.txt and replace the "3" with a "-"

5- In the game again, go to mission menu, and import mission texts

To edit texts:

1- In the mission menu, select export mission texts

2- Go to dyomtemp.txt and edit whatever you want to edit

3- In the game again, go to mission menu, and import mission texts

I expect this to help increase mission counts, bc the main problem with DYOM is that ppl always felt their missions are bad bc of the clustering.

If you like this, make sure to check out my mission because it has equally as creative ideas!

And thats it! Also make sure to do this for every mission you want a hyphen on, because this isnt automatic.

Therapist: DYOM hyphen isn't real, it can't kill you

DYOM hyphen:

Edited by bananaking13

You shall not speak of the GTA SA hyphen.. it is but a legend.. No! It is a monstrosity the likes of which San Andreas has never seen before! DYOM's developpers intentionally sealed the evil beast in the depths of the text editor, you must not dare unleash it's wrath upon us.

• Like 5

bananaking13
1 hour ago, omigawail said:

You shall not speak of the GTA SA hyphen.. it is but a legend.. No! It is a monstrosity the likes of which San Andreas has never seen before! DYOM's developpers intentionally sealed the evil beast in the depths of the text editor, you must not dare unleash it's wrath upon us.

lmao, the streets have been hiding this for too long

11 minutes ago, RyanAB said:

don't talk about that, we can talk only dyom community and featured on dyom.

Hide contents

next time, make sure to create a thread like this one on this section: 

https://gtaforums.com/forum/246-help-support/

That would be inappropriate considering im not asking for help

Edited by bananaking13

It’s wrong to say “no one” knew how to do it. There’s many designers including myself who’ve used this technique. You can also use notepad++ to do the same.

I’ve used the hyphen in Mission 2 of What Pain Means, too. You can only find it in the .rar containing the entire MP, though, and not the original Mission 2 individual link because I added the hyphen after I released the individual version of Mission 2.

😊

bananaking13
8 hours ago, RithRake24 said:

It’s wrong to say “no one” knew how to do it. There’s many designers including myself who’ve used this technique. You can also use notepad++ to do the same.

I’ve used the hyphen in Mission 2 of What Pain Means, too. You can only find it in the .rar containing the entire MP, though, and not the original Mission 2 individual link because I added the hyphen after I released the individual version of Mission 2.

😊

Noone was an exaggeration. I just feel like this is very helpful because hyphens are very helpful.

SeanAlgerian
10 hours ago, RithRake24 said:

😊

**Deleted**

Edited by Seth

3 hours ago, bananaking13 said:

Noone was an exaggeration. I just feel like this is very helpful because hyphens are very helpful.

Indeed they are.