1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Cyper

Save Single Player-Thread!

Cyper
Posted (edited)

Now I got your attention.

Do you want Singleplayer to thrive with new updates? If you answer ‘’Yes’’ to this question you should keep on reading.

Since the launch of GTA V Online Rockstar has started a new trend: abandoning Singleplayer by never releasing any updates – and deliberately blocking content from Online from being used in Singleplayer – and at times even downgrading the Singleplayer experience.

The only way to hopefully solving this problem is to make our voice heard. The sooner we do this the better. Because the train called Online has already started to move and if we want to increase the chance that Singleplayer will get a few seats it must be done before all seats are occupied by online.

The best way to make our voice heard is most likely to use the Red Dead Online Feedback Page Rockstar has set up. Since there is no feedback page for Singleplayer it is the only forum to make our voice heard. It is probably the best forum as well since Rockstar pay huge attention on it and read through information stored there.

If nothing is done, the chance that RED DEAD SP will go down the same way as GTA V SP is very likely. Of course – giving suggestions may not make Rockstar change their mind – but it is not impossible at all, and at least, trying doesn’t harm.

HOW TO

1. Log in to your Social Club account.

2. Write short and precise what you think should be added in Singleplayer that is already in Online. Remember that this thread is not for suggestions such as ‘’Add Mexico to the game’’ or ‘’We want John Marstons RDR1 story in RDR2’’. It is simply suggestions about content that is ALREADY in online but not in SP!

3. Copy your suggestion into this thread for everyone else to see.

Hopefully, this thread can also be used as a discussion about Online contra singleplayer content.

https://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption2/online/feedback?step=decd9bdb

Edited by Cyper

Mister Pinkerton
Posted (edited)

I always thought Rockstar should not add in anything to multiplayer, they can't add to singleplayer. I know I'm not a coder or game dev and I'm sure it's an absolute nightmare updating and adding new features without causing more bugs/glitches and other unforeseeable things. However, I think Rockstar are motivated by the monetisation of Online so they abandon single player. 

I'm still optimistic Rockstar will release single player content as they've been so good with SP for RDR2. I was just about done with Rockstar and RDR2 SP clawed me back. Online monetisation system is still deplorable scummy system and I wish it wasn't like it but at least they gave me a dense, and riveting SP experience, unlike GTA V. 

Ideally for me, there's paid DLC, it gets added to single player and to MP. f*ck "splitting the fanbase" if you want to go on the ride, buy the ticket.  Just make really good and sizable DLC and we'll buy that sh*t. I'll buy it a couple of times. f*ck this drip-feeding little stupid sh*t and having people just paying to win. Level the playing field. Everyone who wants to play buys-in. Once you are there, only skill and hours played will be your advantage. Not hours + skills + Credit Card advantage mixed in with people with just hours and skills or just skills. 

Rockstar sell out on that model. It's not consumer friendly and undermines gameplay at the root. They know this. That's why RDR2 is beta. And it is f*cking beta all right. When CD Projekt Red releases Cyberpunk, we'll see a AAA with no microtransactions, good, sizeable, DLC and basic good core values for gamers. Greedy corporate GTAO and RDO models can suck a fat smelly cock. 

Edited by Mister Pinkerton

O.Z
Posted (edited)

This train has long departed I am afraid... the SP DLC’s died the day Rockstar released the GTA Online. 

Speaking of Cyberpunk, the game looks good, but unfortunately it doesn’t have a third person mode therefor I will have to pass. 

I can’t play FPS games, as it gives me motion sickness.

Edited by O.Z

Lance_Vance89

The problem is that everything Rockstar has done in singleplayer is a conscious design/gameplay choice. They don't want you to be able to get into New Austin as Arthur, therefore they fixed that glitch. They don't want you to be able to place your camp wherever you want, so they kept that system from RDR1. They don't want you to have certain clothing in singleplayer, so they won't add any.

No feedback will change that. It wouldn't matter if every single person who have bought RDR2 would write that they want a singleplayer DLC, beacuse Rockstar have most likely moved most of the staff to other projects. My guess is that they only have a small team that work on RDR2 Online and another small team that fixes the singleplayer bugs and glitches.

~INDIO~

All they're doing by holding onto content and keeping it from Story Mode is worsening the experience of their own game and pissing off their long term fans.

They obviously don't care.

Online ruins everything

Cutter De Blanc
1 hour ago, ~INDIO~ said:

Online ruins everything

Greed ruins everything. 

Maidenpriest

I hate Multiplayer, I play video games to get away from other people and enjoy the solitary single person experience it has always been this way since all those years ago playing Space Invaders etc. Please, Please more single player DLC (of which I am happy to pay for) and no multiplayer, or if we have Multiplayer then still have a decent single player DLC's like The Witcher :)

Lance_Vance89

''Your feedback is vital to help us tune the Red Dead Online Beta into optimal shape and guide how the game will grow and evolve. We want to know what you like, love, and dislike – what you think should be changed or added or removed from the game – and anything else about your experiences playing Red Dead Online that you think we should hear.

Please share your Red Dead Online feedback with us below''

There is no suggestion for singpel player. Just accept they don't give a damn about single player, unless it's to fix glitches everyone enjoys.

Darealbandicoot
2 hours ago, Lance_Vance89 said:

''Your feedback is vital to help us tune the Red Dead Online Beta into optimal shape and guide how the game will grow and evolve. We want to know what you like, love, and dislike – what you think should be changed or added or removed from the game – and anything else about your experiences playing Red Dead Online that you think we should hear.

Please share your Red Dead Online feedback with us below''

There is no suggestion for singpel player. Just accept they don't give a damn about single player, unless it's to fix glitches everyone enjoys.

Literally everything your saying is unfortunately true. It's sad that they butchered single player so much. Single player DLC probably won't happen since the actors are constantly at conventions. 

HeyThereFriend

Unfortunately I don't think there is any hope of single player getting fixed or anything new added. I think this is the final version of RDR2 single player, which is a major shame as so much dialogue is missing now because they screwed up how Arthur reacts to things and certain camp convos simply will no longer trigger. John has many issues and so on.

Maidenpriest

Really.... Surely not :(  there are so many bugs and glitches... the major one for me is when I drop my saddle in camp it goes in a place I can not get to it :( also today I could not have the camp meal :(

Why do they have the whole of Mexico mapped out but not assessable in normal game if there is no future DLC planned, why ? ?

Mister Pinkerton

Some communication from Rockstar would be nice. At least they can say, no, they aren't releasing SP content. If that's the case then we can all move on and enjoy whats there for what it is. 

Thing about RDO is that people LOVED singleplayer RDR experience.  That was the hook. The story and detail. Multiplayer was a nice added bonus. Something to look forward to after you are bored and/or have completed SP. I would love to play new DLC. Even if it was the same map, and I had to buy it as a separate game with just more/new/added story, I'd do it. Like EFFLC. That was great that way. 

I get the feeling that people enjoy Online because it's more of the thing they love, not necessarily because they particularly love online. It's the only option to get new content which is a shame. 

I want to love online but I prefer co-op because I'm sh*t competitively against others and adding credit card advantage, be it cosmetic or for ammo ruins any immersion for me. Advantage online should only be from skill/experience/time played NOT skill/experience/time played AND credit card.  Makes the game uneven, and immersion killing. 

The FoolYT

Very very scummy of them to just add weapons to online (forces players to play online if they want to use the gun)

They did the same with GTA V, "want to use these weapons or vehicles? play online for them". Maybe PC could mod it into singleplayer possibly but PS4 and Xbox 1 were sh*t out of luck in that department. I get not adding missions or online heists because that makes sense. However, things which can be added into singleplayer should be like weapons.

Maidenpriest

So if I am to play online can i just do wander the environment and enjoy the world, hunt etc without People shooting at me for no reason or do I have to participate in the Battleroyle type games of which I don't want to and I am just going to end up dead or a pointless shootout when ever I play ?

Dark Rosewood Varnish

While it's annoying that they seemed to have abandoned any SP DLC plans/content at least we can say we still had an amazing SP experience with RDR2.

Unlike GTA V where the single player mode was an absolute crock of sh*t with no memorable characters, barely any features and a completely lacklustre game world. 

Obviously I want a single player DLC, but I cant even be mad at Rockstar because I had such a great experience during the 3 playthroughs I've done so far.

Cyper
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Dark Rosewood Varnish said:

While it's annoying that they seemed to have abandoned any SP DLC plans/content at least we can say we still had an amazing SP experience with RDR2.

Unlike GTA V where the single player mode was an absolute crock of sh*t with no memorable characters, barely any features and a completely lacklustre game world. 

Obviously I want a single player DLC, but I cant even be mad at Rockstar because I had such a great experience during the 3 playthroughs I've done so far.

I agree.

RDR2 SP is not perfect but it is certainly not bad. In my opinion it is very good. It just that it sticks in my eyes when all new content is thrown on Online. There was a lot of WOW-moments in RDR2, but barely any wow moments when I played GTA V. The story was not special, the world felt boring, lack of features and side activities and other limitations such as not being able to dress your character the way you want.   I stopped playing GTA V very early on and waited for it to come to PC. Then I modded the sh*t out of it and then it became enjoyable.

Edited by Cyper

Darealbandicoot
22 hours ago, The FoolYT said:

Very very scummy of them to just add weapons to online (forces players to play online if they want to use the gun)

They did the same with GTA V, "want to use these weapons or vehicles? play online for them". Maybe PC could mod it into singleplayer possibly but PS4 and Xbox 1 were sh*t out of luck in that department. I get not adding missions or online heists because that makes sense. However, things which can be added into singleplayer should be like weapons.

It sucks even more since the current RDO weapons were cut from single player. The upcoming Online exclusive LeMat Revolver for example has a catalogue page for it in the Blackwater police station. 

BonnieMarston

I dont care about the sh*tty online that we have anymore, i'm still hoping for the announcement of Undead nightmare 2... I keep spamming this in to the feedback until the feedback explodes.