1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Stannard96

Anyone still free roam after the story’s finished?

Stannard96

I’ve finished the main storyline and the epilogue, but I have loads of stranger missions etc left over and I’m no way near 100% completion.

my question is do any of you guys still free roam etc once the games essentially finished? I sort of have a sad empty feeling when I try playing it at the moment 😩

RyuNova
8 minutes ago, Stannard96 said:

I sort of have a sad empty feeling when I try playing it at the moment

YES! That's exactly what I got. I finished the story, rode to Blackwater Saloon, walked out and started a new game.

Stannard96
29 minutes ago, RyuNova said:

YES! That's exactly what I got. I finished the story, rode to Blackwater Saloon, walked out and started a new game.

Damn guess I will have to do the same thing lol. Might give it a few weeks to cool off, I’m just already craving it again 😅

RyuNova
1 hour ago, Stannard96 said:

Damn guess I will have to do the same thing lol. Might give it a few weeks to cool off, I’m just already craving it again 😅

The world feels empty. I would rather go back to a point in Chapter 4 and do all the challenges.

Stannard96
2 minutes ago, RyuNova said:

The world feels empty. I would rather go back to a point in Chapter 4 and do all the challenges.

Hm. I wouldn’t say it felt empty, but perhaps a little meaningless now everything that matters is dealt with. I think I will start again, land myself in chapter 3 and stay there.

O.Z
2 hours ago, Stannard96 said:

I’ve finished the main storyline and the epilogue, but I have loads of stranger missions etc left over and I’m no way near 100% completion.

my question is do any of you guys still free roam etc once the games essentially finished? I sort of have a sad empty feeling when I try playing it at the moment 😩

Of course the free roam is the best part of the whole game, I finished the story in about 55+ hours, since then I have racked up a total of 310hours, that means 250 hours of free roaming. I didn't really fancy the story... not for me, its too linear and on-rails.

Hetraet

Random encounters are nerfed in sp after finishing the game to make online more appealing...there also aren't any jobs/repeatable bounties so that you get bored of it easily and hop to online. I much more recommend playing the first rdr as it has much more activities after finishing in free roam.

jbtco

I really enjoy the free roaming.  

Stannard96
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Hetraet said:

Random encounters are nerfed in sp after finishing the game tae make online more appealing...there also aren't any jobs/repeatable bounties so that you get bored of it easily and hop tae online. I much more recommend playing the first rdr as it has much more activities after finishing in free roam.

You don’t have tae tell me tae play RDR1, I pumped literally months of play time into that game back in the day haha.

Edited by Stannard96

Hetraet
4 minutes ago, Stannard96 said:

ye don’t have tae tell me tae play RDR1, I pumped literally months of play time into that game back in the day haha.

yea same

DuPz0r

Every day.

Jabalous
Posted (edited)

aye, I still do. I cannot have enough of looking at the beautiful scenery and immersing myself into the well-realized world. The random cloud formations, the mountains and rocky structures in the distance, the lighting... all are perfect compared tae what's oot there in the video games medium. There's hee-haw better tae play. 

Forced spilling errors are Aprils' fool or what? Haha.

Edited by Jabalous

BallinBallas

I find it hard tae bring JM tae a lot of places in comparison tae Arthur. I mean, with Arthur I could go anywhere and not feel like I’m breaking canon or anything. John on the other hand, has nae business being anywhere other than the tall trees/great plains area (IMO) and I get reminded of that whenever i go near the 1899 time capsule called freish Austin. If we’re generally speaking though, the epilogue lacks the amount of random encounters that the main story did.

Kumieee

I saved a bunch of Strangers for John so I’m just running through those. That combined with random encounters makes me come back to the game every now and then.

LorshZontek

yeah, i enjoy just exploring the world looking for things 

Cutter De Blanc
9 hours ago, RyuNova said:

This is what I do

JC Hammer
On 4/1/2019 at 11:25 AM, Stannard96 said:

This why rushing through the main narrative is foolish. The story is by far the weakest part of the game and what's the point of completing challenges and unlocks when you've finished the story? 

I think its this whole idea of "I beat the game" when I finish the story, even if you're barely past half completion.

Jutland

Yep in free roam and am enjoying it. I seem to have become an amateur explorer and botanist, travelling to find sources of rivers, looking at individual trees to identify them etc. Like a Ray Mears simulator really.

But I am missing the huge gunfights with the rest of the gang. Will probably start a new game soon.

Mister Pinkerton

I still haven't completed the story. My first play-through and I'm stopping to smell the roses, so to speak. So, it's slow and I'm taking a long break from it. Hope to get dug in this weekend. Still in Chapter 4.

Penicuikscotland2010

Just like RDR1 i'll be spending years free roaming the best map ever in existence. The land is so beautiful words can't explain it. Just wish we had Mexico lol.

jbtco

It is still,possible to have lots of gunfights, gangs respawn in many of the hideouts allowing them to be tackled all over again.

The FoolYT

I've 100% it and haven't really roamed around, feels like I've done everything there is to offer really. 

LeonVegaSuarez

I finished the story in November and since then I've mostly played on a chapter 4 save right before the bank robbery. Even got all the challenges done as Arthur and got the legend of the east outfit. Still enjoy just riding around the map, roleplaying, hunting a lot.

wt50BIi.jpg

Cyper

Yes, all the time.

When I get bored with Singleplayer I just stop playing the game because the game is singleplayer for me. I will never touch online.

Jutland
4 hours ago, jbtco said:

It is still,possible to have lots of gunfights, gangs respawn in many of the hideouts allowing them to be tackled all over again.

Yes I know, and some of them are great fun, such as repeatedly scything my way through Fort Mercer like an angel of death.

It’s the gunfights with other gang members alongside me, that feeling of being part of a band of brothers, that I miss in free roam

Tonesta
Posted (edited)

It's each to their own, obviously - but when I play a Rockstar game, I always take my time on the first playthrough. Spread out the story missions with the strangers, challenges and all the free roam I feel like. Never rush it.

For RDR2, this meant that my first playthrough took about 200 hours, and by the time I finished towards the end of February (with American Venom being the last thing I did), I felt like I knew the game world almost as well as I know my home town!

Although unlike some of the less serious Rockstar games, I couldn't then really get into a second playthrough.....maybe it was just such an engrossing, engaging experience that I needed to take some time out before diving in again. Still don't really have the urge.

Edited by Tonesta

BobDyl
Posted (edited)
On 4/1/2019 at 7:32 PM, Cutter De Blanc said:

This is what I do

Exactly what I did. Started the game over and now fully exploring the world in Chapter 4, when the camp is thriving. My favorite part of the game. I also wanted to stay as Arthur.

Edited by BobDyl

Dan390
12 minutes ago, BobDyl said:

Exactly what I did. Started the game over and now fully exploring the world in Chapter 4, when the camp is thriving. My favorite part of the game. I also wanted to stay as Arthur.

doing this right now

SeniorDerp

I burned through the main story my first play through because I didn’t want it spoiled. I since started a second play through that I’ve been slowly progressing. In Chapter 4 now and spending more time wandering around that anything else.

I thoroughly enjoyed the story the first time but I never gave myself the chance to soak it in and I skipped nearly every side mission my first play through