3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

American Venom

If you could replace TBOGT...

American Venom

Lets face it TBOGT's the "black sheep" in the eyes of many GTA IV fans. We consider it to be the weakest of the trinity so with that in mind lets pretend TBOGT never existed. What would you have in its place?

Personally I think Packie and LJ would make for great protagonists and I would be interested in learning more about the McReary crime family or the Yardies. I think either would bounce off really nicely with the themes/concepts of GTA IV and TLAD. 

If I had to choose though it would probably be LJ. He's such a cool character, but he doesn't get that much screentime after his missions besides a few drop ins here and there. I think it would've been cool to have had a drug dealing side mission like the one in CTW adapted for a HD GTA. As for names for the DLC I'm not too creative with stuff like that.

"Light Up The Joint"? lol. 

iiCriminnaaL 49

Some would find this weird to begin with, but I would of liked having an expansion pack where the Russian Mafia are the main focus, with Ray Bulgarin taking the role as the main protagonist. It could've been interesting to play as somebody who was a threatening antagonist to a previous protagonist.

The McRearies would've been perfect too.

perennial

I wouldn't mind if the premise of TBOGT was kept but it should have focused more on drug dealing, Luis' friends should have been less annoying, Bulgarin shouldn't have been a joke and Yusuf should have been more toned down. Luis was an alright protagonist but he could have benefitted from more character development.

Alternatively I would've liked Chinatown Wars as a GTA IV style DLC, I guess I never warmed to its 2.5D format.

Jeansowaty

Guess I would go for a better approach at the Mafia theme since LCS was a complete disaster. That, or a story centered around Gordon Sargent would be very promising as well.

billiejoearmstrong8
Posted (edited)

I wouldn't want to replace TBOGT because I like it but a game based around Packie and the McRearys would've been great just because they're such entertaining characters and I can't get enough of them lol. I agree one based on Little Jacob and the Yardies would also work well, as they weren't explored that much in IV so there'd be lots of room for telling stories about them. Or it would've been interesting to have one with a female protagonist, with multiple DLCs could've been a good time to explore that idea. Elizabeta might've already been in IV and TLAD too much but a DLC based on her or another female gang/crime boss as badass as her could've been very cool. I wouldn't particularly want one based on Italian mafia stuff as there's already too much of that in IV. As has been said by Rockstar and fans Liberty City feels like it has a million stories to tell, if it was somehow feasible it would've been amazing to have even more DLCs. I'd still take more now if it was possible (only in my dreams sadly 😛).

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8

Failure

A mafia-themed game where you play as a Gambetti soldato stuck in midst of a power-struggle following Jon Gravelli's death. With a bit of rewriting, the Gambettis could be involved in the diamonds saga, and Tony can be rewritten as someone who receives mafia "protection". The Commission can be finally put to proper use; and the Pegs, the Jewish mob and the other smaller Algonquin gangs can be expanded upon.

There isn't much to the McRearys after IV tbh. If we're looking to explore the McRearys, we should do it as a young Gerry in the late 90s.

ThatKyloRenGuy

I would probably go with a DLC with either Patrick McReary or Little Jacob as the protagonist. Both were very cool characters, plus I would REALLY like to see more members of the Yardies.

iiCriminnaaL 49
Just now, ThatKyloRenGuy said:

I would probably go with a DLC with either Patrick McReary or Little Jacob as the protagonist. Both were very cool characters, plus I would REALLY like to see more members of the Yardies.

Not sure if even the subtitles would've been helpful enough to understand its story well 😛.

santosvagos

I really want to see Packie and Mcreary family in action .

The Deadite
4 hours ago, ThatKyloRenGuy said:

I imagine a game with Little Jacob as the protagonist would be every character pretending to understand him.