4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

povke

Claude does indeed have friends after all the events

povke
Posted (edited)

I've noticed that many people are saying that Claude had ended up having no friends after all the events. Actually, Claude did indeed end up having friends, and many. Here you go:

1. D-Ice, his brother and the whole Red Jacks. D-Ice definitely ended up being Claude's best friend after all Claude had done for him, especially kicking the Purple Nines out of the streets once and for all. Let's not forget that the apartment in Wichita Gardens was provided by D-Ice, especially considering the fact that both the apartment and his missions were located in the same area.

2. Ray Machowski. After all Claude had done for him, Ray appreciated that all so much that he even gave Claude his bulletproof Patriot as a gift. Despite fleeing from Liberty City, Ray wrote Claude the message, which ended up saying "See you in Miami!", which means that he hoped that one day Claude would visit him in Vice City. So, Ray is definitely Claude's second best friend.

3. Phil Cassidy. Very good and close friend of Claude, who appreciated Claude's help to defend him against the Colombian Cartel.

4. Kanbu and all other members of the Yakuza.

5. 8-Ball. It's unknown how much he's affiliated to the Leone Mafia Family and/or if he's mad at Claude for murdering Salvatore. It's still possible that if Claude came to his bomb shop in Harwood and knocked his door, he'd open it and talk to him friendly. But it's not known for sure, it's just my guess.

6. Donald Love. Even though that it's unknown why he disappeared, but it's possible that he ever had contacted Claude again.

Edited by povke

Hmmm nice bike

I'm not so sure if Claude and 8-Ball would be buddies after the game is over. It's likely that 8-Ball was the one who rigged the bomb to the car that Salvatore tried to kill you with. Even if they didn't tell 8-Ball exactly who he'd be bombing, Claude can't exactly talk and figure out a way to hear out 8-Ball's side in an argument over this, so he'd probably assume that the dude he helped bust out tried to kill him.

perennial

There's also Carl, the new owner of the Bitch 'n' Dog Food Factory (if you don't kill him).

4 hours ago, povke said:

Let's not forget that the apartment in Wichita Gardens was provided by D-Ice, especially considering the fact that both the apartment and his missions were located in the same area.

That makes sense, but I used to assume it was provided by Donald Love since the Shoreside Vale is unlocked after his mission 'A Drop In The Ocean'.

Jack Lupino

8 ball wouldn't be friendly with Claude since he was ally of Leone's.

Kanbu would be dead and so is Asuka so it's safe to assume Yakuza would get a new leader who might not be friendly with Claude.

Hmmm nice bike
22 hours ago, perennial said:

That makes sense, but I used to assume it was provided by Donald Love since the Shoreside Vale is unlocked after his mission 'A Drop In The Ocean'.

I also used to think this. In a way, it's kind of funny if it really is Love who gives you the apartment. The guy's a multi-billionaire, but all he shells out for you is a unit in a public housing project.

Legomanarthur
10 hours ago, Hmmm nice bike said:

I also used to think this. In a way, it's kind of funny if it really is Love who gives you the apartment. The guy's a multi-billionaire, but all he shells out for you is a unit in a public housing project.

I always thought that it was Claude and Catalina's apartment ever since they started their new life in LC, especially since it's the only place that is not referenced by anyone during the story.

Cjrememberthat

No way claude made friends, hesnot that type of guy who can have friends in anyway after all, you remember his face since catalina betrayed him? It was like "you can f off once get my money", also i don't think he cannot speak, maybe he just doesn't enjoy it?

Evil empire

If Claude was real he wouldn't have any friend, just business partners he would be ready to assassinate as soon as it serves his selfish interests.

Cjrememberthat
Posted (edited)

Deleted

Edited by Cjrememberthat

LCLegend

D-Ice and Ray are probably Claude's remaining allies as 8-Ball is affiliated with Leones and probably rigged the car bomb from the start, DL left Liberty City, and I don't really think Phil would consider Claude a friend or anything after a single mission, but probably appreciated his help nonetheless. The Yakuza is left leader-less but are pretty neutral towards Claude.

Jeansowaty

D-Ice - I frankly think the Red Jacks might consider Claude as an ally, though it might have been just business so if someone would strike a deal with them, they might sell him out anyway.

Ray - He fled Liberty City and probably forgot about Claude anyway.

Phil - According to Manhunt, Phil relocated to Carcer City in 2003 and opened a gun emporium there, so he likely cut ties with Claude too.

Kanbu and the Yakuza - In my storytelling the Yakuza found out that Claude was responsible for Kenji's death and the weakening of their organisation, so in 2003 their new leader uses Claude as a hitman and later kills him personally.

8-Ball - Well, this one's quite controversial. It was likely him who put the bomb into the car but he may as well not have known that it's for Claude. Remember though, the streets of LC like to talk so he could have known who he was about to kill too.

Love - That guy bears no loyalties at all. He just used Claude in his dirty wrongdoings and then fled LC to lay low. I can even imagine he himself fled without a word because he knew what a dangerous guy Claude is, so he went into hiding so that Claude can get killed by the gangs of LC. It might be a bit far fetched though I always thought that Love would make perfect antagonist material.

Though, these are only my opinions ;)

stef_92

Also Marty Chonks... wait... oh, well :D

markusizr
On 6/3/2019 at 10:12 AM, Jeansowaty said:

D-Ice - I frankly think the Red Jacks might consider Claude as an ally, though it might have been just business so if someone would strike a deal with them, they might sell him out anyway.

Ray - He fled Liberty City and probably forgot about Claude anyway.

Phil - According to Manhunt, Phil relocated to Carcer City in 2003 and opened a gun emporium there, so he likely cut ties with Claude too.

Kanbu and the Yakuza - In my storytelling the Yakuza found out that Claude was responsible for Kenji's death and the weakening of their organisation, so in 2003 their new leader uses Claude as a hitman and later kills him personally.

8-Ball - Well, this one's quite controversial. It was likely him who put the bomb into the car but he may as well not have known that it's for Claude. Remember though, the streets of LC like to talk so he could have known who he was about to kill too.

Love - That guy bears no loyalties at all. He just used Claude in his dirty wrongdoings and then fled LC to lay low. I can even imagine he himself fled without a word because he knew what a dangerous guy Claude is, so he went into hiding so that Claude can get killed by the gangs of LC. It might be a bit far fetched though I always thought that Love would make perfect antagonist material.

Though, these are only my opinions ;)

what about Toni Cipriani

Jeansowaty
9 hours ago, markusizr said:

what about Toni Cipriani

Claude killed his best friend and boss, I doubt they would be fine.