1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Flares or Chaff? What is better for the Oppressor MKII?

GTAleksic

Flares or Chaff? What is better for the Oppressor MKII?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Should I get flares or chaff for my Oppressor MKII?

• Flares
    • Chaff

GTAleksic

Hello,

which countermesure should I get for my Oppressor MKII, flares or chaff?

Thank you.

Edited by GTAleksic
AirWolf359

Maybe put up a vote above the topic?

Personally I'd use chaff, at least if you plan to fight other Oppressor Mk2s with it. Pop a chaff just before you get into missile lock range, so he can not get a lock on you while you blow him up.

Flares don't work too well, as Oppressor missiles have less cooldown and one will eventually hit you.

I have had the hacker compliment numerous times for using chaff against an oppressor that had flares.

Edited by AirWolf359
  • Like 10
Talisman_83
5 minutes ago, GTAleksic said:

Hello,

which countermesure should I get for my Oppressor MKII, flares or chaff?

Thank you.

If you're up against a FL Ruiner then it doesn't matter. You're toast.

Otherwise, probably chaff.

• Like 3
AirWolf359
Just now, Talisman_83 said:

If you're up against a FL Ruiner then it doesn't matter. You're toast.

Otherwise, probably chaff.

can't you at least use what little chaff you have and retreat? or does chaff not work against Ruiner missiles?

Talisman_83
3 minutes ago, AirWolf359 said:

can't you at least use what little chaff you have and retreat? or does chaff not work against Ruiner missiles?

All I know is that every single Op MK2 I've come up against when I've been in a FL Ruiner has been history.

There have been occasions when I've seen someone using chaff. Didn't stop me blowing them to smithareens.

The chaff may work as normal, but perhaps the FL missiles are so aggressive that they cancel it out or something.

Edited by Talisman_83
  • Like 4
White Shark
On 3/28/2019 at 5:57 PM, Gridl0k said:

Green smoke

Don't be silly.

Black smoke of course.

Don't bother with chaff or flares. They don't work half the time. Plus, smoke never runs out, spreads fear to your enemies and completely confuses your foes making them crash and cry salty tears.

Edited by White Shark
  • Like 13
Cratoz

Chaff is the best option to use. Since the rate of missiles for most vehicles nowadays is faster than you can use flare, the next missile will probably hit.

With chaff you cannot be locked on for few seconds, you just have to use it proactive, before you get locked on.

If you have for example a Opressor MKII with flare s against another with chaff, the chaff user will come out on top almost everytime.

Don't try to go against a FL Ruiner, you'll lose no matter what.

• Like 6
GTAleksic
39 minutes ago, AirWolf359 said:

Personally I'd use chaff, at least if you plan to fight other Oppressor Mk2s with it. Flares don't work too well, as Oppressor missiles have less cooldown and one will eventually hit you.

Sorry forgot about the poll function. So chaffs only disable enemy lock-on and not mine?

7 minutes ago, Cratoz said:

With chaff you cannot be locked on for few seconds, you just have to use it proactive, before you get locked on.

Thanks, I never come across FL Ruiners so that shouldn't be a problem. Are there any tips or tricks to gauge enemy behaviour, like, how to know when it is worth activating flares? Sometimes I get nervous seeing guys with Oppressors coming my way but sometimes they just fly by and don't attack.

I have chaff ... it has saved me a couple times ... but mostly to just get away from tryhards

I did try to take down a deluxo once...chaff didn't help me...lol

Edit...My brother has flares...he gets blown up all the time...lol

Edited by Neemo
XOIIIIIXIIIIIXO

Chaff but if you're going against a tryhard/high level in a Deluxo, ewo at the same time y'all shot eachother so they an pay your insurane and you will still get the kill

• Like 2
Mistermilan07

Flares... Hehehe 😉

In fact a savage can drain all mk2 missiles with a big smile.

Thx project helisexuality.. 👍

• Like 4
GTAleksic
15 minutes ago, lennymuhboi said:

Use chaff. I use it against deluxos, strombergs and of course other mk 2s.

11 minutes ago, MissMurkina said:

Chaff but if you're going against a tryhard/high level in a Deluxo, ewo at the same time y'all shot eachother so they an pay your insurane and you will still get the kill

Why are Deluxos so dangerous against even chaff?

Midnight Ryder
56 minutes ago, GTAleksic said:

Why are Deluxos so dangerous against even chaff?

They aren't in my experience. Just have to pop it before the lock.

• Like 1
BOOGIEMAN219

If you think chaff does not work your not using it right, chaff is the best you just have to get the hang of it. The only downside to chaff is people suicide, call another bike and try again, this leads to bad sport points fast.

With chaff nobody can lock on to you for 6 seconds however you can not hit chaff again for 8 seconds leaving you vulnerable for 2 seconds. 6 seconds is plenty of time to hit someone just watch out for other oppressors as they can be sneaky. 

The only time chaff does not work for me is when my bike gets blown up and I call for my second bike. If my chaff does not work I just suicide and call it again.

Edited by BOOGIEMAN219
  • Like 5
Midnight Ryder
1 hour ago, BOOGIEMAN219 said:

If you think chaff does not work your not using it right, chaff is the best you just have to get the hang of it. The only downside to chaff is people suicide, call another bike and try again, this leads to bad sport points fast.

With chaff nobody can lock on to you for 6 seconds however you can not hit chaff again for 8 seconds leaving you vulnerable for 2 seconds. 6 seconds is plenty of time to hit someone just watch out for other oppressors as they can be sneaky. 

The only time chaff does not work for me is when my bike gets blown up and I call for my second bike. If my chaff does not work I just suicide and call it again.

Also own multiple if you can afford it.

• Like 1
Gridl0k
15 hours ago, MissMurkina said:

"against a tryhard"

• Like 1
13 hours ago, BOOGIEMAN219 said:

With chaff nobody can lock on to you for 6 seconds… you can not hit chaff again for 8 seconds leaving you vulnerable for 2 seconds.

Nobody told me there were be advanced mathematics in this thread. ;)

But it's true, and you'd think that two seconds is silly, but really, that's when it often counts the most.

ps. this is why I've given up on flying vehicles recently and gone back to old school ground tactics. 
So much more rewarding! 

mAvty97rskONYXYZImx-Qg_0_0.jpg

• Like 8
Debesta

Flares are for defensive. If you're the type of the player who's being attacked first, flares are the only way you're going to be able to win or escape without suicide, especially if a random in a MK2 has decided to come after you.

Chaff is if you want to be the attacker. Launch it before you go in and hope they don't have flares and know how to use them. Most people's reaction times to a MK2 rocket are terrible so you'll probably win.

It really depends on what you want it for.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Debesta said:

Flares are for defensive. If you're the type of the player who's being attacked first, flares are the only way you're going to be able to win or escape without suicide, especially if a random in a MK2 has decided to come after you.

Chaff is if you want to be the attacker. Launch it before you go in and hope they don't have flares and know how to use them. Most people's reaction times to a MK2 rocket are terrible so you'll probably win.

It really depends on what you want it for.

hrrmmmm for real? I just switched over and bought chaff earlier after reading this thread. I am usually minding my own business and avoid confrontation.

I was assuming deploying chaff would be just as good as flares as long as i time it right if a hostile player is trying to lock on?

also is it affective if missile is besides or in front of you trying to lock on? noob question i know, i wanna clarify what i understood from this thread