4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Vladistar_895

RD1 vs RD2,who is better and why??

tonko
14 hours ago, Equatecurl said:

Mastering the shaking is what would typically be considered skill. 

You can't master it. That's why i don't go for headshots anymore in online. Just being the 1st guy who does a body shoot is a guaranteed kill. Cause the 2nd guy's aim is shaking.

Equatecurl
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, tonko said:

You can't master it. That's why i don't go for headshots anymore in online. Just being the 1st guy who does a body shoot is a guaranteed kill. Cause the 2nd guy's aim is shaking.

Maybe cause you’re bad i dunno

you have to take things slow and time it right

Edited by Equatecurl

diperro
Posted (edited)

It's a hard question to answer. In my opinion, saying one is better than the other is just a matter of preference, because both are outstanding in their own right. The only thing I could criticize about RDR2 is the lack of Mexico and the old map, but tbh, I'm enjoying the new map and it's diverse ecosystem.

Edited by diperro

Hetraet
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Equatecurl said:

We want to take the aim into our own hands ffs, the shaking and drifting is really annoying to say atleast and nobody on earth is going to "master" that. I'm playing all of my games on free aim and this game sucks all of my free aim satisfaction out. There's just no way to be precise and I don't wanna wait for the game to decide to make the reticule fly over the exact spot I'm aiming at. It definitely takes out our freedom to aim and there should be atleast a toggle in the menu. I bet most of the free aim players can't stand it. Also I think you auto aim players like it because it isn't a challenge at all for you. But that's not really the case with free aim, we can't lock onto targets and if we want to all we get is the reticule flying all over the freaking screen. U get it? Combine it with the reticule precision system and you have yourself a free aim nightmare. 

Edited by Hetraet

tonko
11 hours ago, Equatecurl said:

Now you're going the usual route: sneaky insults and subjective assessments thinking that's the right way to prove a point. Sadly it's not. No matter how many times you try to glorify reticule shaking as some cool inovation, that's never gonna be a thing.

Equatecurl
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, tonko said:

Now you're going the usual route: sneaky insults and subjective assessments thinking that's the right way to prove a point. Sadly it's not. No matter how many times you try to glorify reticule shaking as some cool inovation, that's never gonna be a thing.

Then why do I have no problem with it?

It was sort of annoying at first but it really isn’t hard to see past. You shouldn’t be playing this game like it’s GTA. 

From Cyper in another thread

It's there to simulate the experience of being under extreme stress, such as when someone fire a gun at you. It tends to be used in games that focus on realism such as Red Orchestra and ARMA.

I like it, I use freeaim, and I rarely have problems with it.

If you have problems with it, ensure to take cover when under heavy fire. A few seconds behind cover will calm you down. If you need to put yourself in very stressfull situation try to drink a little bit of alcohol to calm your nerves. It works wonders

Edited by Equatecurl

tonko
Posted (edited)

"It's there to simulate the experience of being under extreme stress, such as when someone fire a gun at you. It tends to be used in games that focus on realism such as Red Orchestra and ARMA."

Hahahahah, wait wait. You're talking about realism in a game that has Ability Cards such us Never Without One card that saves you from a headshot or Dead Eye cards that makes you super hard to killl. Hahahahahahahahaha. Jesus!

Edited by tonko

Equatecurl
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, tonko said:

"It's there to simulate the experience of being under extreme stress, such as when someone fire a gun at you. It tends to be used in games that focus on realism such as Red Orchestra and ARMA."

Hahahahah, wait wait. You're talking about realism in a game that has Ability Cards such us Never Without One card that saves you from a headshot or Dead Eye cards that makes you super hard to killl. Hahahahahahahahaha. Jesus!

Aha epic!

Edited by Equatecurl

Kumieee

Uhhh, that’s kinda hard. I’d say 2 is overall better. I love Arthur and I didn’t think I’d like his character more than John but here I am. I also like how 2’s world is more expansive and the gameplay flows better. I feel like 1’s gameplay is kinda choppy and spastic, though it has a certain charm to it.

I absolutely loved the story of both games and I wish 1 gave a full epilogue to Jack’s story like how 2 gave John one. Maybe then Jack’s character would be more appreciated instead of looked at as a Diet John. This is basically why I want a RDR1 remake so bad, especially if it has new dialogue which references characters and plot points from 2.

Pacing-wise, I think the first game was a bit better. As much as I loved 2’s story, it was a slow burner, maybe a little too slow. But it made the missions that really advanced the plot very satisfying.

oh and John actually has his natural hair in 1 so

O.Z

RDR2 > RDR and it’s not even close

Hetraet
1 hour ago, O.Z said:

RDR2 > RDR and it’s not even close

April fools was yesterday lol

Journey_95

RDR1 is great but RDR2 is better in every way for me. Arthur is the better MC (way more compelling than John Marston), the story is more interesting (focus on the fall of gang is better than helping annoying people like West Dickens or the Mexicans in their civil war etc.), the side content is superior and more fleshed out too and the world feels more alive.

On 3/25/2019 at 5:38 PM, Hetraet said:

But rdr 2 removed much features from the first game- repeatable bounties, jobs, hideout missions, trains highlited on map, horseshoes, liar's dice, John's hair, post finishing activities, Mexico etc... You are really just saying the opposite of what it is. Go play the first game. Also the shooting in rdr 2 is stupid. Reticule shaking makes free aim useless and auto aim is not my favorite... Controls are more responsive in rdr 1. Many guns from the first game missing in singleplayer. Cover system was better in rdr 1 and I could go on and on. Rdr 2 just failed to deliver and y'all will notice it after your hype stops making you blind

Also Arthur is a better man, but John is definitely a better protagonist

One could easily say that nostalgia is making you blind as well with your logic. It's been a few months since RDR2, the hype has cooled off already.

RDR2 added plenty of new features as well, whining about no Mexico or John's hair is ridiculous..those aren't features lmao.  And no Arthur is the more compelling protagonist who actually struggles and develops, John was basically the same dude throughout the game

O.Z
18 hours ago, Hetraet said:

April fools was yesterday lol

lol, I am being serious though. RDR2 is easily the game of the decade, the only game that comes close to matching it is GTA IV. 

tonko

When i'm talking about aspect of greatness, i'm looking at the online portion too. For me personally, RDR 1 is superior game. It's basically Spaghetti Western while RDR 2 storyline is mostly in South, which i disliked. I loved Mexico, New Austin, spaghetti vibe, the ambient music was far better, mini games were amazing, shooting was more satisfying. RDR 2 didn't had any of that, and . Both Arthur and John are great, but John is better for me. 

RDR 1 online portion was amazing. Grab the Bag, Hold your Own, hideouts, playing with single player characters, no micro transactions, good players were actually good with no help in form of ability cards.

RDR 2 online remains a disappointment. No Mexican standoff, boring modes, no separate lobbies, ability cards that create unbalanced playing field.

Sonicdude

I would say that for me, RDR2 is easily the superior game here, mainly because it is the result of nearly a decade of innovation from Rockstar. The weight of the 0lay feels so realistic I just can't go back to the original without something feeling off, the shooting in RDR2, while tricky (and at times annoying) just jives better with me. 

Also gonna make a few enemies here by saying this, but personally I feel RDR1 is just jank. In terms of control I mean. John in RDR looks weird in comparison to Arthur in RDR2 when he moves, horses in RDR look like they are running faster than they actually are, and RDR in general is just plain ugly to look at. Everyone has pure yellow teeth, dirty skin (except for Abigail and Jack), and they just look off to me.

Meanwhile in RDR2, while yes people aren't exactly all clean, they dont look completely filthy, and most people have white teeth making them look more human. They act, move, and look human (for the most part)

That being said however, RDR and RDR2 are both fantastic games for their time, I just personally prefer RDR2's control. They are perfect examples of a before and after retrospective on how Rockstar went through the 2010's.

Journey_95
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, tonko said:

When i'm talking about aspect of greatness, i'm looking at the online portion too. For me personally, RDR 1 is superior game. It's basically Spaghetti Western while RDR 2 storyline is mostly in South, which i disliked. I loved Mexico, New Austin, spaghetti vibe, the ambient music was far better, mini games were amazing, shooting was more satisfying. RDR 2 didn't had any of that, and . Both Arthur and John are great, but John is better for me. 

RDR 1 online portion was amazing. Grab the Bag, Hold your Own, hideouts, playing with single player characters, no micro transactions, good players were actually good with no help in form of ability cards.

RDR 2 online remains a disappointment. No Mexican standoff, boring modes, no separate lobbies, ability cards that create unbalanced playing field.

I ignore the Online part, never cared for it in the original either. But it's clear the new one 

You are right that RDR1 is the more classic western game but that doesn't make it automatically better, it's just preference. I liked how RDR2 didn't try to rehash that vibe and did something different & still offer a lot of variety.

Story & characters wise I thought RDR2 was much better as well, I didn't care about most characters in the original and stuff like the mexico civil war was just a chore. I felt more invested in the fall of the gang and Arthur, Dutch & co. 

The world felt more alive and the random events were fleshed out & unique which made exploring the world more fun.

The soundtrack was a bit  better in the original though, agree on that.

Edited by Journey_95

Penicuikscotland2010
Posted (edited)

RDR2 is better imo. Bigger map, more wildlife, NPC's and more realism. I could write a dozen books about why i love this game. RDR1 was my top game until RDR2 but RDR1 has something REALLY special about it and i'll never figure out what it was. I don't know if it's the soundtrack, the ambiance, the way the grass moves or the way the clouds looked but whatever it is appears to be non present in RDR2 and i really miss it. 

Edited by Penicuikscotland2010

tonko
12 hours ago, Journey_95 said:

I ignore the Online part, never cared for it in the original either. But it's clear the new one 

You are right that RDR1 is the more classic western game but that doesn't make it automatically better, it's just preference. I liked how RDR2 didn't try to rehash that vibe and did something different & still offer a lot of variety.

Story & characters wise I thought RDR2 was much better as well, I didn't care about most characters in the original and stuff like the mexico civil war was just a chore. I felt more invested in the fall of the gang and Arthur, Dutch & co. 

Oh yeah sorry, of course it's personal preference. I'm just a huge fan of spaghetti genre and RDR 1 gave me that. Mexico will always be my favorite area.

Hetraet

O.Z
On 4/6/2019 at 6:20 PM, Hetraet said:

Physics: RDR2 

Core: RDR2 

Realism: RDR2 

Horses: RDR2 

Gun sounds: RDR2 

AO: RDR2 

Shooting the legs: RDR

Western feeling: RDR

Quicker/arcade style gameplay: RDR

Overall: RDR2

shadyslady

RDR 1 of course and by far.

RDR 2 is an example of taking too much realism into a game.

Too much scripted stuff. Arthur's moral code the standard R* flawed antihero with a heart. Ruthless yet not heartless.

killahmatic

RDR 2 is everything that I wanted RDR to be, and then some.

RDR was great for its time, but it was very simple and I always felt very limited with what I could do in that game. The overall theme of RDR's story was great, but the story itself seemed to take such a random path to get where it was going that it often felt like the writers knew where they wanted to go, but didn't exactly know how to get there. It succeeded in making John Marston likable and relatable, and the way it ended brought out players' emotions, which I believe mistakenly led people to believe the story was better than it actually was. It was still an interesting story and thoroughly enjoyable, just not the masterpiece that it was originally labelled. After the story, you can explore, but there's not really much to do. I found myself struggling to find anything worth doing. You can only shoot animals and play horseshoes so many times before you're bored out of your mind. 

RDR2 was a big step forward in most ways. The story was more focused and didn't feel nearly as random as RDR, although it still did have those random moments, like the whole romeo/juliet thing. I rarely felt like the story was losing itself, and they did a good job at keeping most missions focused on keeping the gang going, and that was satisfying. I also thought it was interesting that you pretty much know exactly how it's going to end. I don't know about you, but I knew what was going to happen from the start, and I don't just mean the gang falling apart. Between what we knew in RDR and the many foreshadowing moments right from the start of RDR2, it was very clear what was going to happen. While some people didn't necessarily like knowing how it was going to end, I thought it was brilliant. It's a case of "it's the journey, not the destination". You know what's coming but you get to find out how it unfolds, and that was really what this game was all about. Beyond the story, the game allows you to do much more than RDR, which makes free roaming after the story more enjoyable. You can hunt with a more realistic approach, and the fact that you can cook and eat what you hunt is a big deal. Fishing felt like something that RDR really missed out on, and I'm glad they brought it to RDR2. There's nothing like bringing your horse down to the river, setting up camp, and catching a few fish as the sun sets. Similarly, I'm also glad they added canoeing. Horseback riding is great, hiking on foot is great, but there are times when you really want some other form of transportation, and canoeing helps to fill that void (I had wanted kayaks in GTA for years). I still do feel like the post-story world does eventually fizzle out. You craft the clothes you want, you find all the animals, you find the UFOs and ghosts. Things get checked off the list and the world does feel a bit more empty at a certain point.

DEADWOODZ

One thing i do miss about Red Dead Redemption, that feeling of crossing the border into mexico for the first time. Being in foreign lands that feeling of being an outsider!

Red Dead Redemption 2 does that in some places, even though you, Arthur Morgan are an outsider against the law...stepping into a civilised city such as St Denis didn't hit me like going to Mexico with John!

unfairlane
On 3/25/2019 at 5:54 PM, tobdog said:

First Redemption was way better for me, mostly because:

1. More activities like horseshoes and Liar's Dice.

2. Proper law that didn't try to kill me at any opportunity it could.

3. Endless random encounters and bounties.

4. Animals that didn't run away at my sight.

5. Mexico.

6. Unlockable outfits with bonuses.

7. Thieves Landing that gave me sales for my bad deeds.

And many more things like OST and atmosphere.

This. And then add proper horsehandling and no allways yelling Sadie 

dognuts

I miss rapid firing pistols and the double barrel shotgun from RDR1

Chamberpotcleanerman20

RDR 2 does almost everything better than the first one.

RedDeadJohn

I like RDR1 more to me the first RDR is better game than RDR2, The Witcher 3 and MGSV combined. I like the controls riding a horse feels like in the Witcher 3 but better, shooting and cover mechanics reminds me MGSV. I like RDR engine and physics a lot more than RDR2. The world is better more simple random encounters, more fun mini games overall better atmosphere and music. I even like the RDR1 graphics more they have this almost cartoonish feeling. The thing that strikes me the most is the difference in how other people react on the player. I don't like the antagonistic reaction towards the player in RDR2 try to stand in front of somebody and he will start yelling what do you want from him and run away some can even punch you in the face for looking at another person even if you have high honor. In RDR1 i like more how npcs reacts towards the player especially if you have high honor and fame. I love how everyone greets you when you have high level of fame and honor.

Hetraet

What I definitely miss in rdr 2 is the fame statistic...why the hell did they scrap it? 

MostWantedMVP
On 5/6/2019 at 8:40 PM, Hetraet said:

What I definitely miss in rdr 2 is the fame statistic...why the hell did they scrap it? 

Well since what happened to Arthur I don't think it would have fit well considering they were on the run too.

Hetraet
26 minutes ago, MostWantedMVP said:

Well since what happened to Arthur I don't think it would have fit well considering they were on the run too.

He had the alias... He could've become famous as Tacitus Kilgore lmao