2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Hey, What Ever Happened To...

fw3

We all reflect on our favorite vehicles, weapons, and properties in GTAO.

We even reflect on our least favorite items and places, as well.

But, I find myself reflecting on some things that were sort of stuck between.
Things that I've really just plum forgotten about!

These are the items, places, and even in-game activities and elements that, for me, I just don't access at all.

For example, the Ballistic Suit. What ever happened to that?
When it came out, I'd see players walking around Free Roam wearing it, but then it just disappeared.

Another is Bull Shark Testosterone. There's definitely an advantage to it, but I don't think I ever use it anymore.

Calling Taxicabs, Merryweather Airstrikes, and even contacts like Dom seem to have just disappeared from our radar.
I don't ever see vehicles like The MTL Dune or the Submarine in Free Roam, any more.

What parts of GTAO do you find that simply fell away from your routine gameplay?

Uh, hey guys... Can we hold off on this for a minute? I REALLY gotta hit the men's room!

JUGGERNAUT-BALLISTIC-EQUIPMENT-TAKEOVER-

Edited by fw3
Changed "The Dune" to "MTL Dune" for clarity.
  • Like 4

What vehicle is The Dune? The sub only spawns in certain locations unless you've purchased the Kraken. Dom quit calling players on last gen. Airstrikes are fun to use. BST is tryhard medicine.

• Like 4

KineticZeroZ

I do like I’m the only one rolling in an alpha. 

Armwrestling on PC as a gamemode.... It was a challenge between two keyboard users....but ... It got really unfair once your opponent used a controller.

For weapons: Firework launcher.

For properties: The 0604 garage aka heist garage. I still have my preffered vehicle collection for PS-finals in there. Never touched them ever again once the acsess got patched. (Contender, Faggio, Insurgent, Dunebuggy, Kuruma, ...)

Vehicle-wise: RE7B - once his top speed got pachted, I never touched it ever again. Gosh, good times on Chillad race.

24 minutes ago, Rez090 said:

What vehicle is The Dune? The sub only spawns in certain locations unless you've purchased the Kraken. Dom quit calling players on last gen. Airstrikes are fun to use. BST is tryhard medicine.

The Dune would be the dunebuggy. There's a regular BF Dune and the Dune FAV from Warstock. These may see some slight resurgence since you can use a slightly better variety of drive by weapons from them if you know how.

Dom still calls my first character since I didn't go skydiving on that character to get rid of his stupid calls.

I did call an airstrike once, but finished the mission before it got there. At least I got the achievement for it....

• Like 3

Geisterfaust
  1. Parachuting. I can bet some money saying that there are people unaware of its existence;
  2. Stilt houses and 6-car garage properties like @Mrs. Buzz said;
  3. Turreted limo. Can't recall when I've seen one driven by a player;
  • Like 5

Whatever happened to the bizzare Sentinel and Stinger driver? :lol:

21 minutes ago, Mrs. Buzz said:

For weapons: Firework launcher.

Everytime when it's my or my mate's bday.

• Like 3

Hmm what ever happened to the grand tour race? People used to play it before the mario kart stunt race appeared, which is cater more to kids who like hotwheels yeahhh!

hot-wheels-challenge-accepted-pleybox-ju

f*ck that sh*t

24 minutes ago, kcole4001 said:

The Dune would be the dunebuggy. There's a regular BF Dune and the Dune FAV from Warstock. These may see some slight resurgence since you can use a slightly better variety of drive by weapons from them if you know how.

$100 says they were talking about the MTL Dune. 

A7xcXCe.png

Which imo was always one of the coolest throwback vehicles to San Andreas. Pretty odd ball deal, a Dakar truck, but I love it.

6 minutes ago, Mach1bud said:

$100 says they were talking about the MTL Dune. 

A7xcXCe.png

Which imo was always one of the coolest throwback vehicles to San Andreas. Pretty odd ball deal, a Dakar truck, but I love it.

Probably right!

I didn't remember that one either (not being an off road enthusiast).

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AllNighter1 said:

What ever happened to the armored money truck?

I miss those. 

First off, yes, I was referring to the MLT Dune, which I changed in the original post.

As for Armored Trucks, they used to appear like crazy in Free Roam, but disappeared.
Now, they only appear in some Jobs, but not in the context they used to.

d9jDb4RINk21nud950_kgQ_0_0.jpg

• Like 8

Yeah iirc they got removed and readded a couple times as R* was trying to patch the glitch where they pretty much infinitely respawn. Then after an update one day they were removed altogether.

There was an airplane smuggler thing too where you destroy the plane and collect the money from it. No idea when that was taken out.

AllNighter1

I was about to mention the airplane as well. 

Also, Gerald used to call you to destroy some cars (or motorcycles?) all over the map. 

Thats gone too. 

59 minutes ago, Mach1bud said:

Yeah iirc they got removed and readded a couple times as R* was trying to patch the glitch where they pretty much infinitely respawn. Then after an update one day they were removed altogether.

There was an airplane smuggler thing too where you destroy the plane and collect the money from it. No idea when that was taken out.

^^and to complete this, there was that mode with a corona in the streets to help someone out with the cops (divert/deflect... something like that). A purple corona iirc. Good times with all of the three modes. To bad that there are still achivements bend to modes which not exsist anymore.

White Shark

I use the Ballistic Suit for Gang Battles.  I use @flexcreator's skydiving tip to get out of paying the 5k fee to call it in.  Gang Battles are fun and a handy way to stock up on free ammo.  I love freebies.  Haven't bought a round of ammo for what must be 2 years now.

As for things never seen anymore - the airstrike you can call in.  Such hassle as it is.  Might as well jump in your own jet and do it yourself.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AllNighter1 said:

I was about to mention the airplane as well. 

Also, Gerald used to call you to destroy some cars (or motorcycles?) all over the map. 

Thats gone too. 

In my limited time on PS3 back in 2016, I liked that Gerald mission in freemode. 

Lester had one where you had to cause a ruckus in a certain area and avoid the police in that area. That one was good, too.

• Like 4

Marciliojunior01

I see a lot of people using the ballistic armor, today i saw one.

BST every single sniper tryhard uses every single time to be able to one shot with the heavy sniper or two tap with marksman. If a tryhard become CEO is just to use BST.

• Like 3

Urban Legends

That one GTA where nobody looked like Lil Pump.. Or Lil Yachty.. Or Jaambadi

Personally Im too new online to say what has gone missing. Just perplexed at how far the game has strayed from its roots.. The experience is plum awful. Everyday just wasted time and aggravation. I'm lucky to get a laugh sometime! 😛

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Mach1bud said:

I think either Trevor's air smugglers got left behind on last gen or they were removed when that freemode challenge update was published.

• Like 5

I know these were scrapped for obvious reasons, but I miss the old contact missions like Chemical Extraction, American Exports, Pickup Sticks, ATV Steal, etc.

Ah, good times.

• Like 8

Standard Deluxe 59

What happened to the highway loop races that took you all around the map? Those were great and at one time easy to get a full session of one because they were a big thing on last gen. I have one I made long before Cunning Stunts, but no one ever joins. 

• Like 2

CaptainMarvel
2 hours ago, White Shark said:

I use the Ballistic Suit for Gang Battles.  I use @flexcreator's skydiving tip to get out of paying the 5k fee to call it in.  Gang Battles are fun and a handy way to stock up on free ammo.  I love freebies.  Haven't bought a round of ammo for what must be 2 years now.

As for things never seen anymore - the airstrike you can call in.  Such hassle as it is.  Might as well jump in your own jet and do it yourself.

Details on Flex’s method?

White Shark
3 minutes ago, CaptainMarvel said:

Details on Flex’s method?

Here: 

34 minutes ago, CanadianMuscle said:

I know these were scrapped for obvious reasons, but I miss the old contact missions like Chemical Extraction, American Exports, Pickup Sticks, ATV Steal, etc.

Ah, good times.

Coveted!!!  I loved these old missions.  I wonder why they were removed?  :( 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, J-Scott-D said:

In my limited time on PS3 back in 2016, I liked that Gerald mission in freemode. 

Lester had one where you had to cause a ruckus in a certain area and avoid the police in that area. That one was good, too.

Oh I remember those!

Especially the latter you mentioned; back when the Hydra was all the rage, i'd go at a high altitude in that area and stay there, shooting down choppers for an easy $10K.

• Like 3

White Shark

Remember the assassin missions?  You'd get a random call, from Lester I think, then a red blip would appear on the map.  It was like a Bounty, but on an NPC.  Was great getting there before anyone else could.  No idea why this was removed.  Used to be one of my favourite things to do.

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, White Shark said:

Remember the assassin missions?  You'd get a random call, from Lester I think, then a red blip would appear on the map.  It was like a Bounty, but on an NPC.  Was great getting there before anyone else could.  No idea why this was removed.  Used to be one of my favourite things to do.

I think this one was removed just before VIP came around - mainly because Headhunter is basically the same thing. Shame really, they were fun as multiple players were involved. However, come to think lf it, back then, only jets were peoples' concern.

• Like 3