4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Failed Again

Lets talk Tents. Does size matter

ALifeOfMisery
1 hour ago, GTP_Monkey said:

but biggest benefit recently has been with the overweight business the top camps have earned their dollar keeping my cores up whilst starving my character 

The overweight issue is what made me decide to get the most expensive tent upgrade. 

I went from never going to camp to passing through it when I set out to hunt and on my way back to the butcher. I like the ammo top up, wardrobe, fast core refill, that it's a safe space for my care bear a$$ to wait while any red blips in the nearest town move along and most importantly, as my character is brawny, the only way to prevent clipping is to keep him underweight, which regular camp visits allow me to do.

Don't get me wrong, I still want to see Cripps get mauled by a Grizzly, but I've warmed to the idea of having a camp.

Foxwolfe

Speaking of tents, why the hell is there a butcher table in the most expensive tent, I (assume I) sleep in there, I don't want a bucket of bloody animal bits right next to me!

Failed Again
17 hours ago, Foxwolfe said:

Speaking of tents, why the hell is there a butcher table in the most expensive tent, I (assume I) sleep in there, I don't want a bucket of bloody animal bits right next to me!

Now we know who the Cereal-Killer is,,,,

Frykill

Like most cases in life, size definitely matters.  My tent went to max as fast as possible.  All my friends gave me hell about it, but I always spawned in with 75 percent cores, and was able recharge at camp faster.  Also bought the fast travel post before they lowered the price to travel to camp.  

Pocket Fox

Size always matters. Go big or go home. If anything we need more and bigger tents, like a big-top circus tent.

Failed Again
28 minutes ago, Pocket Fox said:

Size always matters. Go big or go home. If anything we need more and bigger tents, like a big-top circus tent.

well we do have a circus..lol

Foxwolfe

Actually it kinda amuses me looking at the tents in the wilderness outfitters menu at camp, the camera angle and field of view make the final tent look like a f*cking house! Then you get it and it's like the size of a small room lol, nice camera work R*.

Failed Again
1 minute ago, Foxwolfe said:

Actually it kinda amuses me looking at the tents in the wilderness outfitters menu at camp, the camera angle and field of view make the final tent look like a f*cking house! Then you get it and it's like the size of a small room lol, nice camera work R*.

Advertising at its best..

Shadowfennekin

I'm waiting until I have the most expensive unlocked to buy a tent. Otherwise it feels like a waste of money, you know? I haven't done any glitches but I do have 2k stocked up, that's all reserved in prep for future businesses though. I won't spend a dime if it puts me under 2k, have never used my gold either and don't plan on it unless it's a gold only item

YaDoesntHaveToCallMeRay
On 3/22/2019 at 1:08 PM, Kemasus said:

My camp hasnt been available in over a week.....Cripps is perpetually packing?

RS needs to do some needed work on the camps to make them both useful and stable

If I move a camp, leave it there until I again pay to move it !

That said....I much prefer finding and using the various cabins and camps scattered throughout the land

Cheers

Reset your console!

Van_Hellsing
Posted (edited)
On 3/22/2019 at 7:08 PM, Kemasus said:

My camp hasnt been available in over a week.....Cripps is perpetually packing?

RS needs to do some needed work on the camps to make them both useful and stable

If I move a camp, leave it there until I again pay to move it !

That said....I much prefer finding and using the various cabins and camps scattered throughout the land

Cheers

If you want your camp back, start a temporary posse and select the region where you want your camp to be placed. 

The camp is now useful to refill your cores. 

Edited by Van_Hellsing

4eyedcoupe
18 minutes ago, Van_Hellsing said:

If you want your camp back, start a temporary posse and select the region where you want your camp to be placed. 

The camp is now useful to refill your cores. 

But it still charges you for setting up camp.  

aFinn

The other day I noticed my camp had suddenly disappeared and I needed it to change the theme. I was unable to order the camp, nothing happened when I did. So finally I started up my posse and ordered it through the posse menu. My game is broken.

Failed Again
1 hour ago, aFinn said:

The other day I noticed my camp had suddenly disappeared and I needed it to change the theme. I was unable to order the camp, nothing happened when I did. So finally I started up my posse and ordered it through the posse menu. My game is broken.

I  sometimes need to go through the setup/location,2x times for it to finally see-setup and fee deductions

Failed Again

Finally purchased the Big tent..

It's been useful.Still hope that the de-spawning camps gets fixed.

weight is holding steady at average

CrissRiot

Anyone know if the Tents still give the core boost if the camp isn't placed? I never have my Camp setup cause it's useless, but I would like to at least get the Core boost.

Mad-Monkey_1st
20 minutes ago, CrissRiot said:

Anyone know if the Tents still give the core boost if the camp isn't placed? I never have my Camp setup cause it's useless, but I would like to at least get the Core boost.

The core boost only works when you enter a new lobby or if you rest at camp 

Failed Again
2 hours ago, CrissRiot said:

I  was hesitant to purchase ,because they de-spawn all the time, but its useful anyway when the're active

CrissRiot
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, GTP_Monkey said:

The core boost only works when ye enter a freish lobby or if ye rest at camp 

3 hours ago, Failed Again said:

I  was hesitant tae purchase ,because they de-spawn all the time, but its useful anyway when the're active

So, they do give the boost or I NEED a camp set? This sounds like I need the camp setup and running, and I Cannae be bothered with that.

Edited by CrissRiot

Failed Again
Posted (edited)

So, they do give the boost or I NEED a camp set? This sounds like I need the camp setup and running, and I Cannae be bothered with that.

So, they do give the boost or I NEED a camp set? This sounds like I need the camp setup and running, and I Cannae be bothered with that. ur ago by CrissRiot

They need to be Up and visible on Map

Edited by Failed Again

Mad-Monkey_1st
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, CrissRiot said:

Yes as said when you enter a new lobby your core if it was low when you last closed the game will be 75% if you have the most expensive when you load in Only

To keep your cores up without eating use the camp as the expensive one will fill your cores if not full very quickly, Dont go to camp and nothing will happen 

Edited by GTP_Monkey

CrissRiot
9 hours ago, Failed Again said:

So, they do give the boost or I NEED a camp set? This sounds like I need the camp setup and running, and I Cannae be bothered with that. ur ago by CrissRiot

They need to be Up and visible on Map

2 hours ago, GTP_Monkey said:

Yes as said when you enter a new lobby your core if it was low when you last closed the game will be 75% if you have the most expensive when you load in Only

To keep your cores up without eating use the camp as the expensive one will fill your cores if not full very quickly, Dont go to camp and nothing will happen 

Gotcha. Sucks, but I ain't going to waste $700 on something that needs something else I don't need, or use. Much appreciated!

Ronin Ogami

I found out, that when your dot is red, is takes about an hour for cooldown to blue . . . sometimes camp is a GREAT place to chill out while you wait 

Foxwolfe

I really hope they add more to the camp to liven it up and make it an enjoyable place to spend a few minutes now and then. It's got the foundation for that now, I enjoy stopping by to fill my cores and grab my mail, also love being able to fast travel from camp, but other than that nothing going on there. Gimme a horseshoe pit or something, gimme a steampunk bong on the table, gimme a gun safe so I can put weapons I'm not interested in cycling through on my horse away.

There's so much more that can be done with this space, especially since properties aren't a thing yet (and hopefully when they are they don't also neglect the camp).

ALifeOfMisery
10 minutes ago, Foxwolfe said:

gimme a gun safe so I can put weapons I'm not interested in cycling through on my horse away.

Yes. This. For the love of *insert deity of choice* put a f*cking gun safe in our camp. Every time I cycle past my sh*tty High Roller Revolver I'm filled with regret, even though it was free.

13 minutes ago, Foxwolfe said:

especially since properties aren't a thing yet (and hopefully when they are they don't also neglect the camp).

I do wonder what role camp will have when properties inevitably get introduced. Maybe buying a residential grade property will replace camp? Maybe in that scenario we'll finally get the SP style small camp that we can pitch almost anywhere?

Chrismads

16 hours ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

I do wonder what role camp will have when properties inevitably get introduced. Maybe buying a residential grade property will replace camp?

I bet that it's exactly the same system as the current camp if they add properties. You'll just pitch a house instead.. and then Cripps will move it to somewhere else.

16 hours ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

Maybe in that scenario we'll finally get the SP style small camp that we can pitch almost anywhere?

I'm far from pleased about how the camp system works in SP as well. Why can't it just work like placing a structure in all other games... ark, the hunter, the forest...

and be impossible to place if the camp colides with trees or whatever.

Bakkerbaard

Does the upkeep go up if you get a bigger tent? Seems like something that shifty little sh*t would do.

Either way, what am I missing?

When I boot up a session I come in fully cored (don't I?), unless I left a mess the session before. After I get killed I respawn with 50% cores though, but since I've got miles of meat just sitting in my pants (insert size matters joke here) and rotting up my good coat I grab a snack and get on with avoiding people. 

Seems to me that sitting around and waiting to get healthy in a game where, at the moment, we already do very little, is a little redundant.

I hope they don't fix the camp-packing bug, I'm loving not being fleeced for money, however little, on something I don't even want. I pay taxes in real life and I'm getting zero action out of the JSFs they bought with it.

Or fix the bug, obviously, but allow me to have it packed up.

Ronin Ogami
On 4/6/2019 at 1:13 PM, ALifeOfMisery said:

Yes. This. For the love of *insert deity of choice* put a f*cking gun safe in our camp. Every time I cycle past my sh*tty High Roller Revolver I'm filled with regret, even though it was free.

I do wonder what role camp will have when properties inevitably get introduced. Maybe buying a residential grade property will replace camp? Maybe in that scenario we'll finally get the SP style small camp that we can pitch almost anywhere?

Omfg, this times a thousand. I despise my cattleman, the base repeater & dual mausers. I would sell them back or f***ing melt them down if I could.

Edited by Ronin Ogami