3. Site Suggestions

Failed Again

Lets talk Tents. Does size matter

Failed Again

what's your feeling on tents,,

Yes I hate camps and Cripps

but weight issues are a problem

The Deadite

Buy them, they refill your cores more when you log into free roam which is extremely helpful.

4eyedcoupe

Of course size matters.  Anybody who tells you other wise must have a small one.   But either way... it's how you use it

Daleificent

I rarely use my camp still. I've used it twice since I started my current character. Generally I let Cripps keep it packed up and avoid the daily camp fee (which a buck isn't bad, but why spend it if you don't have to?) I'm hoping they'll expand Camps a little more beyond the bare-bones customization we have right now.

I'm good at not eating too much with my character but keeping my cores pretty well topped off. So, I don't really need the core regen stuff at camp and don't want to spend money right now on well... a tent.

But the 75 percent cores when you log on sounds delicious. And well, the max upgraded tent makes a camp site look pretty O.G.

Pro's and Con's I suppose.

Meh on tents, is my opinion I guess.

Rokushakubo

I've got a fully upgraded camp. I'm all for anything that gives me a passive benefit like the core refills at login and faster regen when there. I generally just like getting anything that makes my character better, stronger or gives a benefit or advantage. 

•—•

Size doesn't matter. Core regeneration does. So the highest levelled covered tent.

Van_Hellsing
3 hours ago, 4eyedcoupe said:

Of course size matters.  Anybody who tells you other wise must have a small one. 

You sound like Dr. Ruth. 😜

Tents are useful to counter the overweight issue. I am happy with the A-frame tent. Refill speed is not so bad. The big tents are too overpriced. 

Failed Again

I've been reluctant to upgrade my camp- seems to reset most times i.e.: returning from showdowns and such..it's been packed and I get charged again ..tediuos

also it's like $3.00 not $1.00

2.00 plus 1.00

YaDoesntHaveToCallMeRay

LOL! Do you guys actually sit in them? I have no use for a tent upgrade. By the time I finish crafting and cooking, my cores are full. If I don't have any thing t do. I sit at the fire and go get a drink,eat,  pee ...ect. It's always full when I come back.

Foxwolfe
1 hour ago, Failed Again said:

I've been reluctant to upgrade my camp- seems to reset most times i.e.: returning from showdowns and such..it's been packed and I get charged again ..tediuos

also it's like $3.00 not $1.00

2.00 plus 1.00

What do you mean exactly? The small camp is a 2 dollar set up fee and 1 dollar fee per day, hence 1 dollar. Unless you're moving your camp once every in game day and even then it's still 1 dollar, you're just paying the 2 dollar setup fee more often.

Unless I'm confused on what you meant there, in which case my bad.

Failed Again

I never move my camp-it despawns all  the time

example.

left click D-pad 

camp  size 1.oo

set up 2.oo

$3.00 total\\

go to camp

stare at crips swear,,

cook rest

join Showdown 

respawn.

Message Cripps has packed up your camp

repeat steps above

BEFORE this last update- this wasn't how it worked for me

cripps set up camp where-ever then $1.00 fee as in game days went by, and he would automatically setup in new location'1.00  and so forth

4 hours ago, YaDoesntHaveToCallMeRay said:

LOL! Do you guys actually sit in them? I have no use for a tent upgrade. By the time I finish crafting and cooking, my cores are full. If I don't have any thing t do. I sit at the fire and go get a drink,eat,  pee ...ect. It's always full when I come back.

no need to sit.

I believe the benefit of the tents it refill cores to their set limits without have to travel across the map.

The Sullinator

Personally haven't used the camps too much since the update that allowed us to change clothes in general stores. That is generally my only use for camps at the moment 

Although I am striving for one of the bigger tents. For cosmetic reasons. 

Foxwolfe

Ah ok I gotchya, yeah I only just started using mine more since the update as it seems to be working more consistently for me. But at the same time it still has it's moments, just today while in the grizzlies it kept putting it instead in scarlet meadows literally 5 times in a row, after wasting 10 bucks I gave up and switched sessions and managed to get it to spawn near me. 

Definitely not fixed yet either way.

Mad-Monkey_1st

With the current bug of being obese then yes the better tents are now becoming useful. Althoug im now underweight lol

Failed Again
Posted (edited)

carrots carrots

Edited by Failed Again

•—•
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, YaDoesntHaveToCallMeRay said:

I sit for few seconds then cores go from red empty to full white. It's that fast. And sitting inside standard theme highest level covered tent.

Edited by Ektope

Ronin Ogami

Well, since buying the biggest tent, & changing the theme, I actually do spend a LOT more time at my camp, shopping, crafting, paying off bounties, regenerating my cores & it's one of the few safe spaces in free roam. I also always go back to camp to set everything up for PvP. (weapon loadout,  restocking ammo, ya know)

4eyedcoupe
Posted (edited)

My camp has been bugged lately too in the sense I keep getting messages that Cripps has packed up my camp and I have to repay to set back up.  I never had this issue until about 2 weeks ago.  I haven't been setting it up lately because of it.  But I was always going back and sitting in the tent to rebuild cores and collect ammo ect. before that.

Edited by 4eyedcoupe

Coleco

Tent size doesn't really matter beyond core regeneration if you can't do anything with them - at least being able to go inside would be nice, especially when it rains. I'm tired of awkwardly sharing that porch with Cripps, making small talk and hoping he ain't eyeing my petticoat :pp

I've got the A-frame in my camp, which I'm really happy with as I think it really looks the part. Also as a former American Civil War re-enactor the A-frame feels very much like home

A damp and draughty as f*ck home, but still

traksta1
Posted (edited)

Perhaps I am asking too much of these camp upgrades but I was hoping just to get my poor char out of the rain occasionally. Looking at the options, I'm not seeing one that gives him any effective cover from a good soaking. Not spending cash to find out one way or the other. Tl;Dr. Do any of the upgrades provide cover?.

Edited by traksta1

Coleco
7 minutes ago, traksta1 said:

Do any of the upgrades provide cover?.

Sadly according to people here, nope.

Wish we could sit inside and play a fiddle or harmonica while others in the camp get drunk on a wild wet night in the middle of nowhere.

Mad-Monkey_1st
56 minutes ago, traksta1 said:

Perhaps I am asking too much of these camp upgrades but I was hoping just to get my poor char out of the rain occasionally. Looking at the options, I'm not seeing one that gives him any effective cover from a good soaking. Not spending cash to find out one way or the other. Tl;Dr. Do any of the upgrades provide cover?.

47 minutes ago, Coleco said:

Wish we could sit inside and play a fiddle or harmonica while others in the camp get drunk on a wild wet night in the middle of nowhere.

You can sit inside the tent on the most expensive setup

4eyedcoupe

50 minutes ago, Coleco said:

2 minutes ago, GTP_Monkey said:

You can sit inside the tent on the most expensive setup

You can sit inside the largest tent for standard only as far as I know.  The military you can walk into, but it doesn't allow you to sit which makes no sense.  

Kemasus

My camp hasnt been available in over a week.....Cripps is perpetually packing?

RS needs to do some needed work on the camps to make them both useful and stable

If I move a camp, leave it there until I again pay to move it !

That said....I much prefer finding and using the various cabins and camps scattered throughout the land

Cheers

Failed Again
Posted (edited)

I decided to just Build my own from un-used cans of food and cracker's glued together with candy, works ok in dry hot areas.

Thanks all  Stay frosty

Edited by Failed Again

kiki31

seems to reset most times i.e.: returning from showdowns and such..it's been packed and I get charged again ..tediuos

Audacity Find My iPhone Origin

D4PLK
On 3/21/2019 at 6:56 PM, The Deadite said:

Buy them, they refill your cores more when you log into free roam which is extremely helpful.

Never realised your cores were higher when logging in to a new session with the more expensive tents. 

When you get shot and respawn do you come back with higher cores too? I only have the standard tent but always respawn after being shot with almost empty cores. 

If so I may invest in a new setup. 

Ronin Ogami
15 minutes ago, D4PLK said:

Never realised your cores were higher when logging in to a new session with the more expensive tents. 

When you get shot and respawn do you come back with higher cores too? I only have the standard tent but always respawn after being shot with almost empty cores. 

If so I may invest in a new setup. 

50% full.

Mad-Monkey_1st
30 minutes ago, Ronin Ogami said:

50% full.

75% if its the top one, But having said that if you leave with full cores i always came back on with full cores from release as well. I find switching lobbies when cores are low it helps a lot, but biggest benefit recently has been with the overweight business the top camps have earned their dollar keeping my cores up whilst starving my character 

Foxwolfe
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, GTP_Monkey said:

75% if its the top one, But having said that if you leave with full cores i always came back on with full cores from release as well. I find switching lobbies when cores are low it helps a lot, but biggest benefit recently has been with the overweight business the top camps have earned their dollar keeping my cores up whilst starving my character 

It seems to be a little wonkey atm maybe? If I select the RDO version of 'easy way out' to respawn I will come back with 50% health core and 80% each stamina and dead eye cores, if I exit the session and rejoin from the main menu my health core is correctly at 75% but my stamina and deadeye were at 79 (making me think they were both still at "80" but that they had both decreased by 1% by the time I got back into the game.)

Not sure what is and isn't working correctly atm with all that.

Edited by Foxwolfe