3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Quentin Tarantino's 9th Movie: Once Upon A Time In Hollywood

TheSantader25

Star-Lord
On 11/27/2019 at 5:36 AM, TheSantader25 said:

Finally saw the movie. Pretty unique tbh. I think it's a "different" Tarantino movie with all the crap that you expect from a Tarantino movie so it somehow ended up being perfect. I wouldn't rate it as the best Tarantino movie but definitely unique, creative and one of the best of 2019. Absolutely loved Brad Pitt's badass character and boy those last 20 minutes were f*ckin awesome. 

My thoughts exactally.

The film paid tribute not only to Sharon Tate but also to Burt Reynolds and his stuntman.

"the two main characters are based on the relationship between actor Burt Reynolds and stuntman turned director,  Hal Needham."

• Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...
Lonely-Martin

I really loved this movie, but I can see how it's not for all, lol. A visual treat and both Brad and Leo were on great form. Some very funny moments too, and a good bit of modern Tarantino flair for the final act.

As Siskel and Ebert would do, this gets two thumbs up. :)

ThanosIsRight

Loved the movie, even though so many things i know just go over my head, since even before i read this is the case, it just felt kinda biographical, especially in refferences to real life places and events.

Like really, do not ask me how i felt that one before i actually knew that, but still...

I really hope it is his last movie, it would be pretty much the perfect ending

and...yea...the people who do not like it are probably more into the dark comedy, which is a lot less presented into this movie, but still...it has something magical even...for sure a good story...

and it is not like it is without any violent action scenes anyhow still.

Self-Destructive Man

Great movie, I liked the "action" scenes, the dialogue and even the ending kept me thriled. The only weird thing about this movie to me was how Margot barely spoke on the movie, even though they marketed as she being one of the main characters. But I don't really know the real story about Tate, the Mansons and all that stuff so maybe it makes sense. Great movie nonetheless, I only wish I had watched on the theater.

• 4 weeks later...

Struck me as quite a maturely paced Tarantino flick and my favorite of his is by far Jackie Brown. So happy to hear Tarantino wanting to make Bounty Law, I was hoping there'd be some episodes in the special features of OUATIH

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2020 at 10:58 AM, J Dilla said:

Struck me as quite a maturely paced Tarantino flick and my favorite of his is by far Jackie Brown. So happy to hear Tarantino wanting to make Bounty Law, I was hoping there'd be some episodes in the special features of OUATIH

Still depends if he wants to make it though he had plans to do TV shows about his other films I think I could be wrong but he never got around to it. Hopefully he gets around to making the Bounty Law show.

Edited by Zello
The N. Bellic Man
On 11/27/2019 at 12:36 PM, TheSantader25 said:

Finally saw the movie. Pretty unique tbh. I think it's a "different" Tarantino movie with all the crap that you expect from a Tarantino movie so it somehow ended up being perfect. I wouldn't rate it as the best Tarantino movie but definitely unique, creative and one of the best of 2019. Absolutely loved Brad Pitt's badass character and boy those last 20 minutes were f*ckin awesome. 

I was finally able to watch this and the quote above pretty much sums my feelings.

Not boring at all. If anything I was delighted by more mature approach and dialogue was great. Of course it's objective, but I think that it was also one of the funniest Tarantino movies. It all depends on how much you know about or appreciate films/film industry. I just couldn't stop laughing after the scene in which they are watching The F.B.I. show. I think that Leo and Brad make quite a team. And the ending was the best.

• Like 2
Evil empire

I saw it in the cinema and that was cool, I didn't have any particular expectation, excepting all these images of feet especially the bottom part in the foreground which is a mnifest fault of taste I spent a very good moment.

• 1 month later...

I saw this movie recently, and I think it's by far one of Tarantino's weakest. It just didn't have that charm or jazz about it, even the dialogue didn't feel Tarantino enough. Although I will say it picked up massively in the last half hour or so, and the closing act of the film made it worth watching. Unlike many of his other films though, I can't see me ever wanting to re-watch it. There wasn't enough going on, and I'm not even an impatient watcher, I loved Hateful Eight which didn't have as much action either. Just something about this didn't *click*