3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Ronin Ogami

Who's excited for the LeMat ??

Ronin Ogami

Oh lordy, I'm so stoked for this to drop! It's my very favorite sidearm from the first game, & the 9 round capacity was by far one of its best features. I can't wait to load this AND my mauser with explosive rounds! Even just having two of them in showdown/spoils would make me giddy. The actual gun (in real life) has a tenth shot. A center placed, single shotgun round. (for emergencies). This mechanic didn't make it into RDR1, but it would be interesting to see if they could pull it off. Even if they can't. I'm just happy to finally be getting my favorite piece!

Daleificent

It's the only reason I've yet to buy the Schofield which is my favorite from SP.

Rather stoked for the LeMat.

ALifeOfMisery

Extremely excited.

I think we all knew it would come eventually, but to have it confirmed for the next update is very welcome news.

Visiting the Gunsmith will be the first thing I do once it's released.

Lord-Sam

If it doesn't have a secondary shotgun fire option then no point in getting it.

I'm not sure how they would work it in since IRL it requires the hammer to be cocked a certain way.

Lord-Sam
Posted (edited)

I'm not sure how they would work it in since IRL it requires the hammer to be cocked a certain way.

If you want to be technical the original lemat isn't even a cartridge fire revolver.

it's a cap and ball gun and I am willing to bet rockstar is going to make it a cartridge fire weapon

Edited by Lord-Sam

If you want to be technical the original lemat isn't even a cartridge fire revolver.

it's a cap and ball gun and I am willing to bet rockstar is going to make it a cartridge fire weapon

They did last time, otherwise reload is about 5 minutes.

Lord-Sam

So if they are going to make it a cartridge fire weapon then they shouldn't have an issue with the shotgun barrel either.

Chrismads
Posted (edited)

I loved the LeMat, but I got a bad feeling that although it'll be a high dmg weapon it'll have bad accuracy. Accuracy is everything to me when it comes to my revolvers

Edited by Chrismads

Ronin Ogami

I lobed the LeMat, but I got a bad feeling that although it'll be a high dmg weapon it'll have bad accuracy. Accuracy is everything to me when it comes to my revolvers

Is it me, or does it feel like the lock on range of the schofield was nerfed? That being said, I hope it plays out much the same as in RDR1, with the best damage, accuracy, & capacity among the revolvers.

TheSadisticOwl

Fairly excited, but also saddened by the fact that Rockstar will definitely dripfeed it just like how they did with the Evans Carbine. 

Still, definitely an investment I'm looking forwards to, so I can stop using my Cattlemans.

Chrismads

Is it me, or does it feel like the lock on range of the schofield was nerfed? That being said, I hope it plays out much the same as in RDR1, with the best damage, accuracy, & capacity among the revolvers.

I haven't noticed that. But I've been using it alot less lately (maybe that's why?🤔)

~INDIO~
Posted (edited)

They're not adding the weapons to single player which is f*cking lame.

They could let us buy them for SP with a weapons DLC, but tbh the Lemat and Evans should've been in the game from day 1 anyway

Why not add the Colt Army or Navy 1851/61 instead?🤔 Really don't get why they've avoided this weapon for so long, especially considering there were cartridge conversions for it.

Very strange.

Also, Remmingtons. C'mon Rockstar.

Edited by ~INDIO~

Why not add the Colt Army or Navy 1851/61 instead?🤔 Really don't get why they've avoided this weapon for so long, especially considering there were cartridge conversions for it.

Very strange.

Also, Remmingtons. C'mon Rockstar.

On the 2nd reveal poster, I swear Micha looks like he's carrying two 1860 Armies. 

~INDIO~

On the 2nd reveal poster, I swear Micha looks like he's carrying two 1860 Armies. 

Yeah he does. Disappointed they weren't added as they were not present in RDR1 either..

Red Dead Revolver had an amazing amount of handguns

Assblaster
Posted (edited)

Why should it cause more damage than the schofield? It shouldn't. The schofield fires a .44 caliber bullet. Here's the "schofield" (S&W model 3 is the actual gun):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smith_%26_Wesson_Model_3

Nostalgia plays a big role in why it's popular (the Lemat I mean). Reality is different; but this is a game so who knows what they'll do.

Edited by Assblaster

éX-Driver

Considering a Colt 1873 takes upwards of 20 seconds to reload IRL and R* sped that up dramatically, there’s no reason they couldn’t do the same with muzzleloaders. Make it a more bearable 10-15 seconds. 

SuperJude™

The Drip Feed Mentality At Work!

Yay, guns we had available in the first game and which are already coded into this game are instead being drip fed to us as Original Content. Let us all cheer!

In fact, they are drip feeding content obviously cut from the "Beta" launch such as the Evans and LeMatt or the "new" Story Missions upcoming which are part of the original story missions just cut out so they can drip feed us "new content".

I'll be happy and thrilled when we actually get something new, not something corporate told the Devs to cut from the original RDO release and piecemeal out to us because we're starving for ANYTHING new.

Anyway the LeMatt is fine. It has 9 rounds and who doesn't love extra bullets?

confederatestatesgta

im looking forward to it. it would be amazing if they released a confederate uniform in the update too.

The Deadite

I realized the PvP is garbo in this game, so i stopped getting guns based on how good they are- i just buy them based on their looks now.

If the LeMat looks nice, i'll buy it.

ALifeOfMisery

As @Assblaster said above, nostalgia plays a role, at least it does for me.

The LeMat was my favourite revolver in RDR, I had hoped it would be in RDR2 and now I'll be getting the chance, I'll be dual wielding them in RDO.

I'm not interested in performance, it's all about the look and vibe for me.

Assblaster
1 minute ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

As @Assblaster said above, nostalgia plays a role, at least it does for me.

The LeMat was my favourite revolver in RDR, I had hoped it would be in RDR2 and now I'll be getting the chance, I'll be dual wielding them in RDO.

I'm not interested in performance, it's all about the look and vibe for me.

I feel the same way about the Evans repeater...it's not how well it performs, it just sounds, shoots, and feels different, and damn I love it. I'm sure they'll make the LeMat unique too.

ALifeOfMisery
4 minutes ago, Assblaster said:

I feel the same way about the Evans repeater...it's not how well it performs, it just sounds, shoots, and feels different, and damn I love it. I'm sure they'll make the LeMat unique too.

That high capacity is great for clearing hideouts too.

SuperJude™

I purchase based on what I'm trying to max out. Working on 1000 headshots for Repeater and Revolver but so close I don't know if I need the LeMatt though it will be handy in Story Mode missions. 

•—•
6 hours ago, Lord-Sam said:

There is. Collection.

ThaBirdCoot

I am not, because of cards. In RDR was a 2 or 3 hit kill to body, a feel good weapon. Since headshots don't matter in this game with everyone and their wife running NWO so it's gonna be extremely useless and won't challenge existing weapons. Nobody uses handguns anyways and npc's wont care what I blast em with.

Just now, Ektope said:

There is. Collection.

Pretty much the only reason yeah

•—•
5 hours ago, Chrismads said:

I loved the LeMat, but I got a bad feeling that although it'll be a high dmg weapon it'll have bad accuracy. Accuracy is everything to me when it comes to my revolvers

Then you can use paint it black dead eye for 100% accuracy.

1 minute ago, ThaBirdCoot said:

Pretty much the only reason yeah

That's not the only reason. But also to max the stats and get familiarity with the weapon. See how it does.

Chrismads
18 minutes ago, Ektope said:

Then you can use paint it black dead eye for 100% accuracy.

I'm not gonna switch out Slippery or S&S for paint it black. Its not effective for me

Pumpkin Zone

If you go to the Blackwater police station, on one of the walls is an advertisement for the LeMat that's been in the game since launch.

168675dd64.jpg

Probably a good indication that this is how it's going to look like, and more than likely they kept a few guns from release to dripfeed later down the line.