1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Ronin Ogami

Who's excited for the LeMat ?? (The funky gun thread)

-LN-

I keep forgetting to buy the LeMat, but apparently it seems like a worthwhile investment based upon the reactions here; I've been trying to save my money though! I also admit that I rarely use my handguns. I primarily use Litchfield Repeater for missions, hideouts, etc; Rolling Block Rifle for hunting larger game; Varmint Rifle for hunting birds and smaller game; and the Bow when I want be more stealthy. I don't do PvP aside from having tried a few Showdowns recently for the Daily Objectives. Would this be a beneficial substitute or alternative to always using the Repeater against NPCs and the like?

Thanks in advance! ☺

RaigeGames
Just now, -LN- said:

I keep forgetting to buy the LeMat, but apparently it seems like a worthwhile investment based upon the reactions here; I've been trying to save my money though! I also admit that I rarely use my handguns. I primarily use Litchfield Repeater for missions, hideouts, etc; Rolling Block Rifle for hunting larger game; Varmint Rifle for hunting birds and smaller game; and the Bow when I want be more stealthy. I don't do PvP aside from having tried a few Showdowns recently for the Daily Objectives. Would this be a beneficial substitute or alternative to always using the Repeater against NPCs and the like?

Thanks in advance! ☺

The LeMat is definitely worth the investment! Its pretty great on NPC's. If you don't get a headshot most of the time it only takes 2 body shots to kill them. Fully upgraded it has a pretty good range as well. I've been saving up to buy a second one because it's so fun to use 

Foxwolfe

My palls are always commenting on that too, how they rarely use the handguns while I'm over here having reset the revolver kills award 6 times and the revolver headshot kills award almost 4 times :p

None of my other gun type awards are nearly as high, I guess the revolvers feel the most "wild west" or "cowboy" to me so I enjoy using them a lot. 

But yeah the LeMat is definitely worth it, quickly moved up to being my favorite.

Edited by Foxwolfe

-LN-

Haha, I guess that settles it; it definitely sounds like something I need to try and would enjoy. I currently have the Volcanic Pistol and Sawed-Off Shotgun set as my two handguns. I'll definitely buy one when I sign on later. I appreciate it, thank you both, @RaigeGamesand @Foxwolfe! ☺

deadx23
17 minutes ago, -LN- said:

Haha, I guess that settles it; it definitely sounds like something I need to try and would enjoy. I currently have the Volcanic Pistol and Sawed-Off Shotgun set as my two handguns. I'll definitely buy one when I sign on later. I appreciate it, thank you both, @RaigeGamesand @Foxwolfe! ☺

Weeeeellllll let me add my 2¢,  it is a single action gun it has a 9 round uh chanber cilinder thing-a-majigger but you can fire rapid fire 🔥 it is fun to use so yeah :D I just don't remember buying it on my main but I have it 😎 but I have $630 and 50 gold don't remember getting it and I don't know what rifle to get 😮

-LN-
1 hour ago, deadx23 said:

Weeeeellllll let me add my 2¢,  it is a single action gun it has a 9 round uh chanber cilinder thing-a-majigger but you can fire rapid fire 🔥 it is fun to use so yeah :D I just don't remember buying it on my main but I have it 😎 but I have $630 and 50 gold don't remember getting it and I don't know what rifle to get 😮

Thank you so much! 😁

Do you have any other rifle at the moment? I think the Rolling Block is a good choice, but it's what I've had the most experience using. It's definitely great for hunting deer, alligators, foxes, wolves, etc.

I'll catch you in game soon though and we can experiment with them. 😁

Edit: I just realized that it's the Bolt Action Rifle that I've been using most often, not the Rolling Block. I also have the Rolling Block, but the Bolt Action is what I use for big game hunting. Ooops, I don't know much about guns, sorry. 😜

Edited by -LN-

Ronin Ogami

I am absolutely in love with this sidearm. Headshot MONSTER. Secondary fire (use auto pin switching in the options) is astounding. No one expects to encounter a dual shotgun blast followed by 18 glorious rounds of cover sustained fire. I haven't had THIS much fun blasting stuff in a while! I don't even find it overpowered, but I love that it contends with rifles & shottys in PvP. I don't feel undergunned at all carrying these, & if anything I'd like a way to melt down all my other sidearms, save one sawed off. (ya'know for "close encounters", that & you can't load flaming buckshot into the LeMats. THAT would be OP)  ;)

Edited by Ronin Ogami

RyuNova

I was gonna drop some money on this today and have one and a custom Cattleman. 

IamCourtney

I've been holding off on gun customization until something worthy I wouldn't soon replace came along. That time has come. I can't see myself setting these bad boys aside for anything less than an AP pistol brought from GTAO by some sort of wacky time travel crossover event.

Open to all suggestions!

Swiss Made

The LeMat Revolver is cool and all, but I’m still waiting for the Colt Navy Revolver so I can rock two of those.

Mad-Monkey_1st

Not a pistol/hand gun guy but these ain’t bad at all, liking them

TheMckeever

Its a nice piece but not as strong as the Schofield at least without upgrades. I need to get in the large showdown series to try it and to make more dosh. Seems to be not working atm.

Edited by TheMckeever

el capito

Cattleman is the king of revolvers

BUT THE BENZ

I don't know why really, but until I get to STASH my guns somewhere in a drawer in my shed - I kind of don't want to buy more guns. torn though.....it is ZEE LEMAT AFTERALL

gtafan1995
On 5/21/2019 at 3:54 AM, RaigeGames said:

The LeMat is definitely worth the investment! Its pretty great on NPC's. If you don't get a headshot most of the time it only takes 2 body shots to kill them. Fully upgraded it has a pretty good range as well. I've been saving up to buy a second one because it's so fun to use 

It's two shot kill on players too if they are low level and you have damage boosting cards.

Edited by gtafan1995

BUT THE BENZ

what's the cost for 1 fully upgraded lemat? 600 dollars? a few dollars more? I think I'd want 2 in the end....oh my money

Edited by BUT THE BENZ

ALifeOfMisery
6 minutes ago, BUT THE BENZ said:

what's the cost for 1 fully upgraded lemat? 600? I think I'd want 2...ugh

I think the gun itself + long barrel + rifling + iron sights comes to around $450, give or take a few dollars. 

It's all cosmetics after that.

I remember spending over a grand, plus gold, on my pair once cosmetics were taken into account.

Edited by ALifeOfMisery

Smokewood
On 5/20/2019 at 9:57 PM, -LN- said:

Thank you so much! 😁

Do you have any other rifle at the moment? I think the Rolling Block is a good choice, but it's what I've had the most experience using. It's definitely great for hunting deer, alligators, foxes, wolves, etc.

I'll catch you in game soon though and we can experiment with them. 😁

Edit: I just realized that it's the Bolt Action Rifle that I've been using most often, not the Rolling Block. I also have the Rolling Block, but the Bolt Action is what I use for big game hunting. Ooops, I don't know much about guns, sorry. 😜

I use the rolling block for large game like mouse and bison, however for deer and suck I like the Springfield.

I use the bolt action for NPCs and Players at a distance.

2 hours ago, el capito said:

Cattleman is the king of revolvers

I really like the double action revolver. It fires so fast....

Ronin Ogami

the only, ONLY thing that makes me even remotely frown about this gun, is it eats ammo like a starving guy at a breakfast buffet. A few missions, or a few rounds of PvP in showdown easily consume 200+ bullets.  I never spent so much on ammo before this.

wehweh01
10 minutes ago, Ronin Ogami said:

the only, ONLY thing that makes me even remotely frown about this gun, is it eats ammo like a starving guy at a breakfast buffet. A few missions, or a few rounds of PvP in showdown easily consume 200+ bullets.  I never spent so much on ammo before this.

Aren't you going for headshots with autoaim? I use up quite a few rounds but I'm cycling from LeMat Express to Cattleman with Split ammo. Since Split got fixed my ammo stays full for much longer.

Ronin Ogami

Depends, most times I'm hip firing into a crowd. (NPCs, players doesn't matter)

wehweh01
1 hour ago, Ronin Ogami said:

Depends, most times I'm hip firing into a crowd. (NPCs, players doesn't matter)

A great way to conserve ammo is to constantly cycle weapons. I tend to start my attacks on non player enemies with my Carcano and mop up the rest with revolvers and shotgun. I really love the LeMat and when the dripfeed ends I intend to dip it in gold (except the trigger).

Wastelander (Suzuki)

^Went for Blued Steel with Gold Engraving personally on my LeMat, going to be making the hammer, sight, and trigger brass here soon. Also found my self running around with a new Nickle Plated Double Action with Express ammo a lot more recently as well.

Also side-note, I understand why you can only carry 60 shotgun shells, goddamn are these things f*cking lethal, have a "Unwanted" individual(s) Human or Animal? A single shot from a shotgun will more than likely take care of the "Unwanted" individual.

Edited by Wastelander (Suzuki)

Ronin Ogami
11 minutes ago, Wastelander (Suzuki) said:

^Went for Blued Steel with Gold Engraving personally on my LeMat, going to be making the hammer, sight, and trigger brass here soon. Also found my self running around with a new Nickle Plated Double Action with Express ammo a lot more recently as well.

Also side-note, I understand why you can only carry 60 shotgun shells, goddamn are these things f*cking lethal, have a "Unwanted" individual(s) Human or Animal? A single shot from a shotgun will more than likely take care of the "Unwanted" individual.

The flaming shotgun rounds are more than amusing. Trust me. The explosive slugs are also funny.

Winonas
On 5/21/2019 at 9:53 AM, RyuNova said:

I was gonna drop some money on this today and have one and a custom Cattleman. 

That’s actually the load out I’ve been using since the LeMat came out.  I will eventually go for LeMat dual wielding but wanted to see how that combo works and so far it’s been fine, rapidfire with a big blast every so often from the shotgun. Getting a handle on the reload times and stuff but yeah, see how you like it.

BUT THE BENZ

ok bought a pair, and kept it all iron!

/feels good