1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Ronin Ogami

Who's excited for the LeMat ?? (The funky gun thread)

Ronin Ogami

At this point though, with all the lack of "extra" content in the game, I'd even take it if it was ported over "as is".

éX-Driver
17 hours ago, CrissRiot said:

You could have the player crack open a shotgun shell and pour it in. Nothing too fancy.

The reload time, I'm absolutely a-ok with. Give me that slow-ass reload.

How would the cylinder rotate, then. Or even stay in place

CrissRiot
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, éX-Driver said:

How would the cylinder rotate, then. Or even stay in place

Huh? You crack open a shotgun shell and pour it in the shotgun tube. The cap and ball cylinder on the real LeMat rotates so...I'm not understanding the issue?

Edited by CrissRiot

Hetraet

Yes so excited for the LeMat to be used by my Arthur and John, this weapon surely wasn't cut from the sp to be dripfed to online later on, no way. Srsly f*ck online it ruins otherwise great singleplayer component with each so called "patch"

éX-Driver
1 hour ago, CrissRiot said:

Huh? You crack open a shotgun shell and pour it in the shotgun tube. The cap and ball cylinder on the real LeMat rotates so...I'm not understanding the issue?

Oh I thought you meant hollow out the middle of the cylinder to fit a shotgun shell and make the gun a break action like the Schofield. There’d be no room for the cylinder pin if you did that

CrissRiot
37 minutes ago, éX-Driver said:

Oh I thought you meant hollow out the middle of the cylinder to fit a shotgun shell and make the gun a break action like the Schofield. There’d be no room for the cylinder pin if you did that

Ah gotcha. I DO NOT want it to break action, I assure you.

BUT THE BENZ

today?

Rokushakubo
56 minutes ago, BUT THE BENZ said:

today?

Would be awesome but I doubt it. The evans repeater was a week delayed after announcement. Would really love this gun today though, we can hope. 

NT2YIELD
Posted (edited)

The picture sure looks like a cartridge conversion to me. It’s not totally clear but if you look closely, I’m not seeing a loading lever.

That’s A-OK with me though, the only thing that would’ve annoyed me would be seeing the loading lever but functioning like a cartridge conversion (a la Westworld)

Edited by NT2YIELD

BUT THE BENZ

isn't tuesday the day for updates? what stops them from implementing a revolver?!

NT2YIELD
2 minutes ago, BUT THE BENZ said:

isn't tuesday the day for updates? what stops them from implementing a revolver?!

Nothing, only that the newswire mention suggested it would release “later this spring.”

Ronin Ogami

Let me tell you, every Tuesday I fail to see it released, my heart breaks a little bit more . . .

Ronin Ogami

BRING IT ON, R* !!!!!!

7gUWGTY.png

Van_Hellsing
On 4/8/2019 at 12:49 AM, CrissRiot said:

The center line tube holds one shotgun shell. 

Ronin Ogami

How much do you think Rockstar will charge us for this little masterpiece? That's something I'm curious about, that & what stats they'll adjust for it in RDO.

Foxwolfe

I don't see it costing more than 250, but I'm also basing this off of very little info so who knows.

Ronin Ogami
47 minutes ago, Foxwolfe said:

I don't see it costing more than 250, but I'm also basing this off of very little info so who knows.

I think, possibly closer to the mauser, maybe even a bit more. Probably the $750 range. Stats might be similar, too. I figure low to medium damage, with a high capacity, & slower reload.

NT2YIELD
Posted (edited)

I wonder about cost a lot too, but it depends on too many factors. In my mind, the high capacity (nearly double compared to any other revolver) would make it an asset that puts it into the cost range of a repeater. But - considering that - if they nerf it too much, it could end up being around the cost of the other revolvers. 

I don’t anticipate a shotgun round, but if there was it would be over $800, easily. 

Edited by NT2YIELD

Foxwolfe
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Ronin Ogami said:

I think, possibly closer to the mauser, maybe even a bit more. Probably the $750 range. Stats might be similar, too. I figure low to medium damage, with a high capacity, & slower reload.

You gotta look at precedent though, Mauser is a pistol, the highest revolver is 192 currently. The Evans repeater got introduced at 300, between the price point for the Lancaster and Litchfield repeaters.

Honestly I don't see it being more than 250 (maybe 300), there's no way they charge 750 for a revolver that is for sure not going to be twice as good stat wise as the Schofield regardless of it having 3 extra shots per reload. Granted this is just my opinion, I could easily end up being wrong.

Also to the post above I share some of your sentiments but 9 rounds is only 50% increased capacity over 6, not nearly double. Nit pick I know.

Edited by Foxwolfe

ALifeOfMisery
Posted (edited)

I think it's certain to be the most expensive revolver and if I had to guess I'd say it will fall in the $300-$350 range. 

I'll happily spend $600-$700, plus the gold bars, to be dual wielding authentic looking LeMats as soon as it gets released.

Edited by ALifeOfMisery

Ronin Ogami

Trust me when I say, I've been trying to reserve a sizable amount of my in game currency for the release of this weapon. I don't wanna be short changed!

NT2YIELD
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Foxwolfe said:

Also to the post above I share some of your sentiments but 9 rounds is only 50% increased capacity over 6, not nearly double. Nit pick I know.

Yeah, that was dumb, my morning brain for some reason thought revolvers had 5 shots. You’re right, exactly another half.

As to my admittedly high estimate, I’m also taking demand into consideration in that they’ll sell it for as high as they think they can get away with. (Think GTA when the Comet SR with barely different stats and a few more customizations compared to the OG Comet was apparently worth a $1mil+ difference, but they knew we wanted it) Who knows? 

And to be honest, I’m also probably inflating the estimate in my head so I’m not disappointed 

Edited by NT2YIELD

éX-Driver
6 hours ago, Foxwolfe said:

You gotta look at precedent though, Mauser is a pistol, the highest revolver is 192 currently. The Evans repeater got introduced at 300, between the price point for the Lancaster and Litchfield repeaters.

Honestly I don't see it being more than 250 (maybe 300), there's no way they charge 750 for a revolver that is for sure not going to be twice as good stat wise as the Schofield regardless of it having 3 extra shots per reload. Granted this is just my opinion, I could easily end up being wrong.

I highly doubt it’ll be much more than $250. Yes, it’s got 9 shots and potentially a shotgun barrel. But it’s also a smoothbore like an old musket, because the real gun’s a muzzleloader. Which means it’s wildly inaccurate beyond about 25 yards. This will almost certainly be reflected in the stats. Large ammo capacity, high damage. But lowest accuracy and range of the revolver class. It won’t be a gamebreaker, so there’s no reason to pump the price. People are willing to pay stupid money for certain items in games because they offer a better chance to win. Most people won’t pay more for something that’s less effective than a cheaper item. Any half-competent MMO dev knows this. 

ALifeOfMisery
8 hours ago, éX-Driver said:

But it’s also a smoothbore like an old musket, because the real gun’s a muzzleloader.

As much as I would love the LeMat to be as authentic as possible, it'll be a conversion that uses standard ammo.

8 hours ago, éX-Driver said:

Any half-competent MMO dev knows this.

This is true, but unfortunately we're talking about R*.

Ronin Ogami
4 hours ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

As much as I would love the LeMat to be as authentic as possible, it'll be a conversion that uses standard ammo.

I'm actually all down for a "conversion". IF anything I'd love to have one custom made IRL. Pipe Dream, I ain;t rich, & three kids (all girls) . . .lol   :D

éX-Driver
5 hours ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

Even as a conversion, there’s no reason to assume they’d rifle the barrel. If you were to convert a LeMat to cartridge ammo, you’d have to debore it to at least around .38 calibre just to be able to fit all the rounds in the standard cylinder. Which means you’d also have to sleeve down the barrel to maintain a proper seal. The easiest and cheapest would be a smoothbore. If they hypothetically could keep it .42 calibre, then they’d just reuse the standard barrel. Why spend the money rifling it?

Ronin Ogami

Why spend the money?  

"Because we're worth it!"

ALifeOfMisery
47 minutes ago, éX-Driver said:

Even as a conversion, there’s no reason to assume they’d rifle the barrel. If you were to convert a LeMat to cartridge ammo, you’d have to debore it to at least around .38 calibre just to be able to fit all the rounds in the standard cylinder. Which means you’d also have to sleeve down the barrel to maintain a proper seal. The easiest and cheapest would be a smoothbore. If they hypothetically could keep it .42 calibre, then they’d just reuse the standard barrel. Why spend the money rifling it?

I'll have to take your word on the technicalities of what you say, I'm not that knowledgeable when it comes to firearms and I wouldn't want to do you the disservice of using Google in an attempt to pass off any of what I read as anything I actually have knowledge of.

That being said, I have every faith in R* to take the laziest option possible, which in this case would be to release the LeMat in a condition where it works in almost the exact same way as all the other revolvers, no working shotgun barrel and a slightly longer reload time due to the increased capacity. That's it. 

If they do any more than that I'll give them the credit they're due, but I'm fairly confident I won't have to.

éX-Driver
21 minutes ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

I'll have to take your word on the technicalities of what you say, I'm not that knowledgeable when it comes to firearms and I wouldn't want to do you the disservice of using Google in an attempt to pass off any of what I read as anything I actually have knowledge of.

That being said, I have every faith in R* to take the laziest option possible, which in this case would be to release the LeMat in a condition where it works in almost the exact same way as all the other revolvers, no working shotgun barrel and a slightly longer reload time due to the increased capacity. That's it. 

If they do any more than that I'll give them the credit they're due, but I'm fairly confident I won't have to.

Don’t worry about one-upping me with google, where do you think I got my info? Ha.

They seem to be trying to do the guns more realistically in this game, so there’s hope. They got the reload on the Spencer Henry and Evans right, they corrected the ammo count on the Springfield, so on and so forth. Hope for the best, expect the worst.

Nerfgoth

No poll?

Cant say that i´m.... My wheel of tools are already getting clogged with guns....