1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Ronin Ogami

Who's excited for the LeMat ?? (The funky gun thread)

TiberiusMcQueen
Posted (edited)

Looking forward to the LeMat, It was my weapon of choice in RDR1 and we need more revolver variety, wish they hadn't withheld it from us for so long, it should've been in at launch. Even more than the LeMat though I'd love to see some single shot pistols get added at some point.

Edited by TiberiusMcQueen

Happy Hunter

I used this all the time in Redemption 1. Will be sure to pick it up even if they haven't activated the shotgun barrel.

That said, I hope they do have the second barrel activated. And in general, it'd be nice if it's competitive with the other guns. I didn't get along with the Evans Repeater personally.

Chrismads

What do you think it's stats will be like?

I'm just hoping for high damage, high range and high accuracy.

Maybe it'd have slow rate of fire and slow reload. I'd be ok with that.

Foxwolfe

I always look forward to more revolvers, at first I was being a bit selective but now that I have two of all three current revolvers I love switching between the pairs due to how I feel or whatever reason. I still haven't bought any pistols as the mausers only marginally interest me and I don't feel like dropping 1200+ bucks just yet, but eventually it would be nice to acquire all of the weapons regardless.

If they at some point brought the high powered pistol back though that would likely become my sidearms of choice for a good while, really enjoyed that game in the first game for some reason.

Mad-Monkey_1st

Not really bothered, I have more than enough weapons for my needs 

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

I'll be dual wielding them in RDO.

You can purchase two? I thought R* might only allow purchase one at fence, similar to the high roller revolver. 

Edited by 5.7

ALifeOfMisery
37 minutes ago, 5.7 said:

You can purchase two? I thought R* might only allow purchase one at fence, similar to the high roller revolver. 

I can't think of a good reason for R* limiting the LeMat to a single purchase. I'll be less than happy if they do.

hugh750

if i remember correctly in rdr1 the lemat was one of my least favorite guns so i may or may not buy it depending on the price.

Foxwolfe
On 3/22/2019 at 3:53 AM, 5.7 said:

Only unique weapons have that stipulation, the LeMat is a standard revolver like the cattleman and you will be able to buy and wield two like all of the other current sidearms minus the high roller revolver (which like the jawbone knife and rare shotgun is a unique weapon).

TheLordMarvel

I'm 50/50. I'll take a good look when it's out but I don't know if I could replace my Cattleman Revolvers since I'm a sucker for the Colt Peacemakers. Lol 😁

Foxwolfe

I feel ya on that one, I can't even bring myself to mod my cattlemans with the extended barrel because it messes up that iconic look to me lol.

Ronin Ogami

When do you think we might receive the new shiny toy? 😛 I can't wait . . .

AUScowboy

This should have been added in the current update, chinsy bastards..

ThaBirdCoot
On 3/23/2019 at 8:29 PM, hugh750 said:

if i remember correctly in rdr1 the lemat was one of my least favorite guns so i may or may not buy it depending on the price.

LeMat was a frigging monster what the hell mate ?! 

ghostsoap01

Said it before and I'll say it again: the one firearm that would get me excited would be the Browning M1903, aka the High Power pistol from RDR1. I know its not exactly time appropriate, but its only a few years away in the time-frame (1898 to 1903) that its not too big of an immersion breaker. That being said, its nice to see many people are looking forward to the LeMat, hope you all enjoy it!

éX-Driver
3 hours ago, ghostsoap01 said:

Said it before and I'll say it again: the one firearm that would get me excited would be the Browning M1903, aka the High Power pistol from RDR1. I know its not exactly time appropriate, but its only a few years away in the time-frame (1898 to 1903) that its not too big of an immersion breaker. That being said, its nice to see many people are looking forward to the LeMat, hope you all enjoy it!

Considering we have a Browning Auto 5 which didn’t go into production until 1905, it’s not out of the question we’d get an M1903.

Foxwolfe

Yeah I hear ya, as I mentioned before it was by far my go to sidearm in RDR.

Mad-Monkey_1st
6 hours ago, ghostsoap01 said:

The immersion breaker as you put it went out the window before launch with the ability cards, So you can expect anything from R* 

wisdom000
4 hours ago, éX-Driver said:

Considering we have a Browning Auto 5 which didn’t go into production until 1905, it’s not out of the question we’d get an M1903.

It went into production in 1902.

1905 was when it entered military service.

hugh750
10 hours ago, ThaBirdCoot said:

LeMat was a frigging monster what the hell mate ?! 

i just didn't really care for it.😑

ALifeOfMisery
10 hours ago, AUScowboy said:

This should have been added in the current update, chinsy bastards..

It will probably be dripfeed content for the update that introduces it too. Just like the Evans was.

DarksunDaFirst
On 3/21/2019 at 9:55 AM, ALifeOfMisery said:

Extremely excited.

I think we all knew it would come eventually, but to have it confirmed for the next update is very welcome news.

Visiting the Gunsmith will be the first thing I do once it's released.

Same here.

I'm about to drain my gold bar account hooking those things up.  

I say things because I'm getting 2 off the bat.  I have been dreaming of having duel Lemat's since 2010...

Ronin Ogami
37 minutes ago, DarksunDaFirst said:

Same here.

I'm about to drain my gold bar account hooking those things up.  

I say things because I'm getting 2 off the bat.  I have been dreaming of having duel Lemat's since 2010...

You. Know. It.

UncleTacitus

Only if they add it to SP too.

CrissRiot

I legitimately hope they make it function like so, and have the reload time to boot. No joke.

Ronin Ogami
Posted (edited)

I would be happy for what we seemed to have gotten last time, which appeared to be a cartridge conversion minus the shotgun round. Moreover I would LOVE this version.

Edited by Ronin Ogami

CrissRiot
Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, Ronin Ogami said:

I would be happy for what we seemed to have gotten last time, which appeared to be a cartridge conversion minus the shotgun round. Moreover I would LOVE this version.

My only issue with that is the weapons in RDR2 have been pretty damn good, in terms of correct sounds,ammo count, reloading, and such. The RDR1 LeMat was HORRIBLE at making a correct LeMat. Hell, It broke open like a Schofield (the f*ck?). The Westworld one is cool, sure, but it takes a lotttt of liberties with the functionality that wouldn't be around in 1898.

As a fan of the LeMat Revolver, despite it's shortcomings against the other revolvers, I just want to see a damn good, accurate representation.

Edited by CrissRiot

Pocket Fox

Reserve judgment until we get it.

I was also psyched for a classic muscle car in GTAO, looked sooooo good.... handled below average and sounded like a ride on lawnmower.... hype killed, car sold. GG R* you just played yourself.

éX-Driver
1 hour ago, CrissRiot said:

My only issue with that is the weapons in RDR2 have been pretty damn good, in terms of correct sounds,ammo count, reloading, and such. The RDR1 LeMat was HORRIBLE at making a correct LeMat. Hell, It broke open like a Schofield (the f*ck?). The Westworld one is cool, sure, but it takes a lotttt of liberties with the functionality that wouldn't be around in 1898.

As a fan of the LeMat Revolver, despite it's shortcomings against the other revolvers, I just want to see a damn good, accurate representation.

A lot of guns in Redemption 1 were less than accurate, to be fair. ALL the repeaters reloaded from the frame like a Winchester, the Springfield had a 4-round magazine. So on and so forth. It was due to technical limitations, I reckon. Granted, cartridge conversions for LeMats wasn’t unheard of. I’m curious if they’ll actually model the shotgun barrel because there’s no way to make it fire a shell. Even if they dramatically speed up the reload for the percussion cap model, it’d still take upwards of 20 seconds to reload all 10 shots including the shotgun.

CrissRiot
Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, éX-Driver said:

I’m curious if they’ll actually model the shotgun barrel because there’s no way to make it fire a shell. Even if they dramatically speed up the reload for the percussion cap model, it’d still take upwards of 20 seconds to reload all 10 shots including the shotgun.

You could have the player crack open a shotgun shell and pour it in. Nothing too fancy.

The reload time, I'm absolutely a-ok with. Give me that slow-ass reload.

Edited by CrissRiot