1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

ALifeOfMisery

RED DEAD ONLINE BETA: THE ROAD AHEAD (19/3/19)

ALifeOfMisery

Is that why you post random gifs of women that do not continue discussion in any way, certainly not a positive way?

Not to mention the rampant ad hominem you provide.

As I've said, look up, look back. My opinions are stated clearly and at some length. 

For any offence caused by the GIFs, or the fact those GIFs have women in them (?), I apologize.

Lord-Sam

@Lord-Sam Ok, now we’re obviously debating based on assumptions. The future will tell how it’ll work. But that’s not what was originally being discussed.

Alright so before Fallout 4 came out I predicted that either the male or female would die in the beginning of the game.

Your son will be kidnapped.

And you will be put in cryo sleep.

Also your son shaun becomes a faction leader and will create a faction war between other factions like the BoS.

I was dead on f*cking accurate and I based my assumption on previous sh*tty bethesda games because bethesda is predictable with their story telling.

Now then I can tell the same thing with you that this is what is for certain is going to happen with RDO because rockstar is incredibly predictable with gameplay mechanics. Literally the gameplay mechanics in RDO are similar to GTA 4 online, RDR1 online and GTA 5 online.

I know for a fact they are going to f*ck up the multiplayer.

Dr.Rosenthal
Posted (edited)

I don't want a lobby with these dumb ass passive restrictions.

Ok, that’s what you want. So join a lobby, and go attack all the PvP-”hostile”-players and you’ve got your PvP-lobby. Problem solved.

Why should you care that FarmerJohn68 is in defensive mode up on the Dakota River fishing for Salmon because that’s how he likes to play the game? Why does that bother you so much?

Alright so before Fallout 4 came out I predicted that either the male or female would die in the beginning of the game.

Your son will be kidnapped.

And you will be put in cryo sleep.

Also your son shaun becomes a faction leader and will create a faction war between other factions like the BoS.

I was dead on f*cking accurate and I based my assumption on previous sh*tty bethesda games because bethesda is predictable with their story telling.

Now then I can tell the same thing with you that this is what is for certain is going to happen with RDO because rockstar is incredibly predictable with gameplay mechanics. Literally the gameplay mechanics in RDO are similar to GTA 4 online, RDR1 online and GTA 5 online.

I know for a fact they are going to f*ck up the multiplayer.

Lol 😂 Ok, so I’m obviously debating with someone who can see into the future. That’s it, I’m out - this is going nowhere.

Edited by Dr.Rosenthal

Lord-Sam
Posted (edited)

Ok, that’s what you want. So join a lobby, and go attack all the PvP-”hostile”-players and you’ve got your PvP-lobby. Problem solved.

Why should you care that FarmerJohn68 is in defensive mode up on the Dakota River fishing for Salmon because that’s how he likes to play the game? Why does that bother you so much?

If you want to fish you can. As long as you are a blue player your map marker will be invisible unless someone is really close. It's incredibly more rare for people to sneak up on you and kill you while you are fishing.

This is not the ideal scenario. Because I guarantee Farmerjohn68 is going to abuse defensive mode and throw dynamite at me when I least expect it and what am I gonna do about it? I've already been griefed already by slipper bastard players so what's the difference here?

If he wants to fish and not deal with player interaction then maybe rockstar should make a PVE lobby instead because even in defensive mode he's still going to get attacked and killed.  And then he's going to complain to rockstar "OMG SOMEONE KILLED ME WHILE I WAS FISHING IN DEFENSIVE MODE PLEASE PUT IN MORE RESTRICTIONS"

Player vs player interactions were already significantly reduced after the invisible map blips update now it's going to be reduced further until non existent.

Edited by Lord-Sam

Mad-Monkey_1st
Posted (edited)

Because this guy is a prick that gets his hard on from killing farmerjohn68 and he dont want the new system because he wont be able to get a hard on killing hunter and fisherman in the back and he certainly aint good enough to hold his own against other pvp players.

Edited by GTP_Monkey

Assblaster

I'll bet that the reason Lord-Sam gets killed by so many blue dots is because he's a red dot all the time. And to be a red dot in this game you have to kill players repeatedly, i.e. you're a griefer.

Jason

I don't really wanna have to go and clean up this thread as I'm still waking up so if you could all go back to being civil cowboy's that'd be great thankserinos.

Lord-Sam
Posted (edited)

I'll bet that the reason Lord-Sam gets killed by so many blue dots is because he's a red dot all the time. And to be a red dot in this game you have to kill players repeatedly, i.e. you're a griefer.

Lol as if the red/blue dot system was that simple.

I'm actually a blue dot (max honor level) and I got that way from skinning animals and picking up fish.

I would have to kill about 50 players to go from max honor level (blue dot) to neutral honor level (purple dot)

Also not all red dots are player killers you can easily become a red dot by killing NPCs and lawmen.

So in reality I can kill about 50 players before reaching purple dot status and then I can just spend a few hours hunting animals to go back up to blue. It's that simple.

So you can't rely on the red/blue dot system to determine who is or isn't a griefer.

Also not to mention. If I wanted to I could just buy max good honor status with a few gold bars.

Edited by Lord-Sam

ALifeOfMisery

I don't really wanna have to go and clean up this thread as I'm still waking up so if you could all go back to being civil cowboy's that'd be great thankserinos.

Sorry for my contribution to the sh*tshow.

I'm usually more swift with my ignore user settings.

Assblaster
Posted (edited)

Lord-Sam wrote:

would have to kill about 50 players to go from max honor level (blue dot) to neutral honor level (purple dot)

No it isn't based on honor. It's based mainly on killing players. I was watching players kill one another repeatedly and it took a blue dot exactly two player kills to go from blue to purple. It certainly doesn't take 50 kills to become red. You're lying so I'm done conversing with you.

Edited by Assblaster
(sorry my quote function isn't working)

Lord-Sam
Posted (edited)

Because this guy is a prick that gets his hard on from killing farmerjohn68 and he dont want the new system because he wont be able to get a hard on killing hunter and fisherman in the back and he certainly aint good enough to hold his own against other pvp players.

So first of all I don't think anyone here wants a real discussion because anyone on the opposite end are just getting name called like "prick" "griefer" etc.

I am offering a real counter point to this debate and you're calling me a "prick" for it.

So here's the thing. Even in defensive mode I can still kill them. This update only makes it slightly harder to kill them.

But the entire goal every PVE players wants is to not be killed or attacked. Which defensive mode will not provide for them. Which will lead them to complain to rockstar again about being killed while hunting/fishing.

So the only true solution here is to add a PVE lobby and a hardcore lobby. It's clear we cannot have both in one lobby.

And I support lobby splitting because I'm tired of PVE players ruining the hardcore experience I want with this game. Defensive mode will NOT satisfy PVE players.

No it isn't based on honor. It's based mainly on killing players. I was watching players kill one another repeatedly and it took a blue dot exactly two player kills to go from blue to purple. It certainly doesn't take 50 kills to become red. You're lying so I'm done conversing with you.

Did you ever stop to think maybe that blue dot was 2 kills away from turning people?

Because the color system is based on honor.

Because I've seen a bunch of blue dots constantly killing other blue dots and they don't start turning purple until like 10-20+ kills.

I've even seen blue dots start turning purple by killing police officers.

And I've seen red dots turn purple by skinning animals.

Edited by Lord-Sam

P.T.

And players who prefer only PvE have single player mode. Not everyone likes the structured game modes. The same question in reverse: Why are you so critical towards players who prefer a balanced level of free roam PvP in a game basically designed for it? It's ironic that has become the greatest sin on a forum site dedicated to the king of PvP games. 

Actually , because we are all forced to be in this auto headshot with 1 shot bs system , it is most definitley not balanced at all. Why you ask? Simple. Because most all these grief "kings" who think thats just how you are supposed to play, think that somehow there is skill in coming up behind someone in the middle of doing their own thing , trying to achieve something , just to take 1 shot and kill them. Thus stopping what they were in the process of doing and having to either start over or lose a mission all together. There is no warning shot . Its BOOM your dead just like that. Because even with the slippery bastard thing, it only works when in dead eye. Most people who are not in the middle of a fight , dont just walk around with that on. Thus its a 1 shot easy kill for people who have nothing better to do.

Now if you and all your griefer friends whom think your so good because you get a system that currently allows this easy kill to happen were half as good as you think, and you really only do it for entertainment and want an action packed game. Turn your aiming settings to Free Aim and leave them there permanantly. Take the shot on someone unsuspecting , but if you miss , give them a chance to fight back. The fact is most , if not all griefers would not do this , why? Because they are not really interested in a shootout/action ( western style) , they just want an easy kill on basically a defenseless player. 

Prepare for a ridiculous see-saw effect where R* will over compensate back and forth between the two types of playerbases. Pissing off both and pleasing no one until their microtransactions and player numbers dwindle to next to nothing.

R* might make great open world games, but they seem completely incompetent when it comes to balancing them.

Sadly i believe you are right. This happens often in games when they dont provide correct simple options for different player bases and keep see sawing back and fourth to "fix" the new complaints that arise from last change. Thus not only this but they waste important time they coul be adding other content instead of wasting  a ton of dev time going back and fourth. Could simply add the lobbies we have asked for and they already have made and move forward spending time on giving this thing its much needed content sooner. But what do we know?Sometimes overthinking it , only hinders progress......

Because they want the easy kill and then jump lobby as scared to face the player they just shot, and they are not good enough to get their kicks in showdowns, A bullet in the back whilst fishing hunting or just riding up behind is how these cowards work

Exactly and for any of them who claim this is not true, again i challenge you all to put your settings for aiming on free aim and leave it there permanantly  . Otherwise your not actually looking for a fight, your just not good enough for a fight and prefer the cowards way ( which even back in those days , this tatic would be considered cowardly) .

Lord-Sam
Posted (edited)

Maybe rockstar should just made a hardcore free aim lobby.

A PVE crybaby lobby

And somewhere in the middle lobby.

Then everyone will be happy.

Edited by Lord-Sam

Hunterrrr

Maybe rockstar should just made a hardcore free aim lobby.

A PVE crybaby lobby

And somewhere in the middle lobby.

Then everyone will be happy.

And there it is... After all of that discussion and the points that you made, you went ahead and proved everyone's assumptions about you to be correct. 

Lord-Sam

And there it is... After all of that discussion and the points that you made, you went ahead and proved everyone's assumptions about you to be correct. 

What? They are literally crying about being killed all the time.

Defensive mode isn't going to make them stop crying.

Hunterrrr

I'm not coming in to join the argument. I just think that everyone should be able to play the game however they want, yourself included. 

But the constant griefing and the parlay system not working (or being glitched around) is ruining the game for lots of us. I don't think that a PvPer could say the same about a PvEer.

"That guy over there fishing is ruining the game for me. I'm going to shoot him in the back." 

That just doesn't make sense. 

AUScowboy
Posted (edited)

I've been trying to do my part in making the game less toxic in the little time I've spent playing. I had a head on collision with another player, both of us were on horses, they died and I didn't and both of our horses were mortally wounded. When the other player respawned I noticed their now red hostility band approaching, so I quickly revived both of our horses before they made it back to me. Probably avoided an unnecessary conflict and noticed later that either this player (or R*?) gifted me a horse reviver  for my display of altruism. Is that a secret one time award or something? Cool either way.

Edited by AUScowboy

GenericGTAO

All the people piling on, its not about passive mode stopping greifing.  It wont....its about griefers using it to their advantage which every mechanic currently in play is already being exploited by griefers.  The new system is almost guaranteed to be exploited by griefers....and will just add to their arsenal against nonPVP players.  The PVP players will also be screwed as well just like in GTAO.  Where some guy, is toggling invincibility popping out for one kill when your guard is down and rushing back into it.  It prevents revenge in GTAO, and looks like it could in RDO maybe Im wrong, but history says otherwise.  Cant blame everyone who is skeptical, passive mode is terrible, yet there are so many people crying for it....its really hard to understand.

Lord-Sam

Slow and steady will become buffed with defensive mode.

never without one will become buffed with defensive mode.

slippery bastard will be rendered useless with defensive mode.

Can't see how defensive mode will be abused, nope. Absolutely won't be a griefer tool at all.

ALifeOfMisery
Posted (edited)

All the people piling on, its not about passive mode stopping greifing.  It wont....its about griefers using it to their advantage which every mechanic currently in play is already being exploited by griefers.  The new system is almost guaranteed to be exploited by griefers....and will just add to their arsenal against nonPVP players.  The PVP players will also be screwed as well just like in GTAO.  Where some guy, is toggling invincibility popping out for one kill when your guard is down and rushing back into it.  It prevents revenge in GTAO, and looks like it could in RDO maybe Im wrong, but history says otherwise.  Cant blame everyone who is skeptical, passive mode is terrible, yet there are so many people crying for it....its really hard to understand.

Maybe I'm not understanding what I read on the Newswire correctly, but the offensive/defensive system doesn't sound like a true passive mode to me.

Nothing is mentioned about being invulnerable when in defensive mode. It says you can't be locked onto, can't lock onto anyone else, can't be critically hit and can't deal out critical hits.

So if someone switches from defensive mode to offensive mode against a player in defensive mode, does it actually change anything? Because one party is still in defensive mode neither player can lock on and neither player can receive a critical hit.

I suspect players will still be able to kill and be killed while in defensive mode, but it does seem that this change will make both more difficult, at least slightly and I'm sure players using dynamite arrows or heavily stacked ability cards plus dual wielding Mauser pistols will prove me wrong.

I think if R* add an adequate cool down timer on switching between modes the implementation will push RDO in the direction R*, and from what I've seen most players, seem to want.

Who knows though, this is R*, an epic f*ck up is never usually that far away.

Edited by ALifeOfMisery

tonko

As I've said, look up, look back. My opinions are stated clearly and at some length. 

For any offence caused by the GIFs, or the fact those GIFs have women in them (?), I apologize.

I have no problem with gifs that involve the ladies. Just for the record.

ALifeOfMisery

I have no problem with gifs that involve the ladies. Just for the record.

Noted lol.

happygrowls

A PVE crybaby lobby

ah i see the kd warriors of GTA Online have come to Red Dead Online, great

CapoV91

I'll hop on, get the gator hat and give it a few months before I really give rdro another real shot.

I'm playing other games at this point and these newswire updates don't do anything to pull me back in.

anarquista_duval

Also , i really wish someone from Rockstar would explain to me why the heck is there even an option for free aim in online ? You clearly are not going to use it against auto head shot (majority of people playing if not all by now). So if we can not have seperate lobbies , why the heck is this even an option? Seriously. 

You can hunt in free aim for a more realistic and challenging experience I guess?

Another opinion: Parlay did not eliminate griefing.

For sure it didn't. Last week logged in after one month away and got lassoed in less than 5 minutes.

Oh God, people really join the fishing events just to splash around in the water messing with others?  🤨 Just like the morons who won't finish a horse race, I can't wrap my head around what they get out of it.   

"Oh man I had so much fun stopping other people from having fun."  

Trolls will always gonna troll, it's in their nature and not only in gaming.

I can see who's crying about the defensive system.

I'm surprised with R*, didn't expect this new defensive features. Its definitely a step in the right direction and with this MAYBE we won't need private lobbies - which carries a cost do R* - since people could share the same open world without messing with each other play styles. I'll try for sure RDO again after these are implemented, hoping not being lassoed in the first 5 minutes. The fact alone of removing PvP from daily challenges alone shows what kind of suggestions and feedback they are receiving.

Unfortunately still not a single word about the (still existing) connection errors.

ALifeOfMisery

ah i see the kd warriors of GTA Online have come to Red Dead Online, great

Hopefully post and/or telegrams aren't introduced in future.

I don't want to be greeted by Lzzzz telegrams from BillyTheHighKD420 3 in game days after they sniped me while I was skinning a fox.

P.T.

This is not the ideal scenario. Because I guarantee Farmerjohn68 is going to abuse defensive mode and throw dynamite at me when I least expect it and what am I gonna do about it? I've already been griefed already by slipper bastard players so what's the difference here?

No, if he is out there just fishing , more likeley than anything this player is not like you. Thus they dont find enjoyment on sneaking up , or just rushing up to someone and shoot them in the head for literally no reason at all. Thats why he is there fishing afterall. So this hypothetical would maybe happen on a tiny % at best . Because people who are playing that way dont want to play your way and if they do ,they go to the place that is made EXACTLY for it, called showdown series. 

Also with the new system , it said if they are in defensive mode, the second they do anything offensive towards anyone , they automatically switch to offensive style, so if they do throw dyno on you , they are no longer "protected" . I am sure , if they are going this far to add a system like this , there will no doubt be a cool down time that would allow you to get back near them and take them out for their action. 

TiberiusMcQueen

Also with the new system , it said if they are in defensive mode, the second they do anything offensive towards anyone , they automatically switch to offensive style, so if they do throw dyno on you , they are no longer "protected" . I am sure , if they are going this far to add a system like this , there will no doubt be a cool down time that would allow you to get back near them and take them out for their action. 

That's not what they said, they said that if you lasso someone you get taken out of it, not if you do anything against other players at all. Shooting players will not take you out of it, and they didn't say anything about dynamite. 

P.T.
Posted (edited)

That's not what they said, they said that if you lasso someone you get taken out of it, not if you do anything against other players at all. Shooting players will not take you out of it, and they didn't say anything about dynamite. 

Sorry you are correct there. I just read it as if they are going to remove you from it for lassoing someone , if you attack someone for no reason ,seems they would do the same for that. 

Either way, it does say this  " While Defensive players can target and be targeted in free aim, they cannot deliver or receive critical hits –" 

Thus i would take it even throwing dynamite ( as the guy i quoted before was so sure a guy fishing would do to him ) should not kill him as it says 1 - they only can use free aim and two they can not deliver critical hits. 

So its not like its giving people who want to mind their own business and enjoy a world that feels alive with others around , are looking to exploit this to grief people. Only greifers think that way because they think everyone thinks like they do , but they dont. Chances are if someone did that ,you have probably harassed them in that match or before. Lets just be real .

What i find funniest is , they guy complaining about people not wanting to be killed for minding their own business is complaining that people might kill him for no reason while minding his own business. Isn't it ironic?

Also saying griefer is not name calling, its facts. Its what they do then its what they are.

Griefer - "(in an online game or community) a person who harasses or deliberately provokes other players or members in order to spoil their enjoyment." <- this is exactly what people are talking about. 

Edited by P.T.

The Deadite

Not to defend him, but when you fight back and repeatedly kill your griefer, chances are... you have become red yourself.

Its better to just switch sessions and leave those morons to get bored, they are not worth the time and bounty money.