1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

hotrats773

Fishing Challenges live?

GenericGTAO
Posted (edited)
On 3/20/2019 at 1:32 AM, Assblaster said:

Idiots join the event just to troll people. I had one moron follow me, splashing in the water where my lure was so as to scare off the fish. Griefers gonna grief I guess. 

Were you winning?  Do you spawn near each other? Good god, that is disheartening.  I was looking forward to this.

Edited by GenericGTAO

Frykill
1 hour ago, DrKrankenstein said:

just wondering, why is the fishing in USA so bass focussed? 

Bass put up a good fight and are most plentiful depending on where you live.  I prefer Muskie fishing, but for that, I would need to travel to a more northern state to fish for them.  

Assblaster
1 hour ago, GenericGTAO said:

Were you winning?  Do you spawn near each other? Good god, that is disheartening.  I was looking forward to this.

No I was losing anyway so no big deal. He was bothering me then he went over to the guy to my right a ways and bothered him too. Hopefully more people don't start doing what he did.

Chrismads
On 3/19/2019 at 5:20 PM, hotrats773 said:

$53 and 330xp but this was my first play through and I came in first. I'm sure we'll see those numbers dive lol.

Edit. Maybe someone else who is under rank 20 and tried it can confirm if level locks apply? Seems doofy if that stuff is.

$53 that's decent man! Just did a fools gold and totally annihilated the other players  24 - 6 (second place)

28 killes 4 deaths,

and  only got 23 dollars 😠

BonnieMarston
4 hours ago, ThaBirdCoot said:

Still haven't gotten an invite to this thing...

Same... Good work R*

aFinn

Finally saw an invite to it this morning. (Never saw another invite all day.)

It was a river fishing challenge at Cumberland Falls. I spawned in a spot where salmon didn't spawn so I just got the little fishes.

I came in second. I got 0.12 gold, 25.20$ and 560 xp

chuckclc

Wow.  So a full 6 days now with "fishing challenges" something I and a lot others were excited for.  And I have yet to see one.  And I play multiple hours a day.  Some days 5-7 hours.  What a fail that whole thing was.

Talisman_83

I've recently got right into fishing.

However, as I'm sure most will agree, pulling in a muskie or sturgeon will simultaneously break your fingers and make you expel obscenities at the screen.

Especially when you're on 9 out of 10 steelhead trout and you keep hooking one of the above.

Thus, I'd love to partake in this challenge but fishing, as it stands, is my current love and mortal enemy 😂

YNNEL

Still not had an invite and I’ve been on for at least 2 hours everyday.

How disappointing.

aFinn

I got the challenge again on Sunday morning. Those have been the only 2 times I've seen it, early on the weekend.

This time it was a River challenge again, but it was at the northeast corner of the map, near Willard's Rest.

I caught 3 muskies and the little fishes and I won, yay!

I got 0.12 gold, 46,22$ and 800xp this time.

BUT THE BENZ

I saw 3 dudes fishing near cotorra springs...could have easily cleared that 1 daily challenge to blow up 2 people with 1 explosion with them just sitting there...but then I said to myself no, NO, and continued on my path.

/feltrightman

chuckclc
10 minutes ago, BUT THE BENZ said:

I saw 3 dudes fishing near cotorra springs...could have easily cleared that 1 daily challenge to blow up 2 people with 1 explosion with them just sitting there...but then I said to myself no, NO, and continued on my path.

/feltrightman

Lol. I dont think you can blow up people that are doing the fishing challenge. Those guys were probably just fishing

BUT THE BENZ

probably right about that, just saying, there were 3 guys in 1 spot fishing.

where/how do I find/start the fishing challenge exactly ? somewhere in the menu? might have seen it already. not into fishin really, might start though, sometimes

Foxwolfe

It's like all those other free roam "events" that pop up randomly in the upper left hand corner and you have to accept the invite. Others you might remember seeing are Dispatch Rider, Headshot Kills, Fool's Gold (also new one), Archery Challenge (can't remember exact name) etc etc.

BUT THE BENZ

okay I will have an eye on that...thought it might be somewhere on an actual list for people to choose from...but imran couldn't make that happen I guess

Foxwolfe
Posted (edited)

Yeah I still have yet to see it myself, still mostly just dispatch rider/master archer/kills, hell I've only seen fools gold pop up twice and that came out a week or two before the fishing one.

You've got to be kidding me, I finally get into one and right off the bat dude that spawned near me is killing people with his guns, so of course me being right near get killed 3 times in the first five minutes and am unable to catch anything by the time others are already at 20+ lbs. What a f*cking joke.

Edited by Foxwolfe

aFinn

I got into another River Fishing Challenge on Saturday. It was a weird one. When I had Special River Lure equipped I had like 5 Muskies circling around it but they wouldn't hook on. I switched to Special Spinner and they would skatter. I switch back to Special River Lure and they teleport zoomed back in to circle around it again, but no bite. Nearby players saw them too and were coming around me but they just circled my lure.

Today I got into a Lake Fishing Challenge. It was by Hamish's cabin.

At first I caught fish nicely, but then ran out of fish nearby. Turned around but it was too shallow there, saw a salmon that wouldn't bite and a glitched muskie just sitting there.

But I came in second anyway, nice.

Chrismads
1 hour ago, aFinn said:

I got into another River Fishing Challenge on Saturday. It was a weird one. When I had Special River Lure equipped I had like 5 Muskies circling around it but they wouldn't hook on. I switched to Special Spinner and they would skatter. I switch back to Special River Lure and they teleport zoomed back in to circle around it again, but no bite. Nearby players saw them too and were coming around me but they just circled my lure.

Today I got into a Lake Fishing Challenge. It was by Hamish's cabin.

At first I caught fish nicely, but then ran out of fish nearby. Turned around but it was too shallow there, saw a salmon that wouldn't bite and a glitched muskie just sitting there.

But I came in second anyway, nice.

Yeah the fish are really buggy when multiple players are fishing them. It's like they can't decide which lure to eat

Red Lynx 23

After five challenges, two second place wins with the last two complete challenges I entered, and two disconnects from fishing challenges today. I finally got first place in a fishing challenge.

ThaBirdCoot

Never had a fishing challenge still, go figure. Don't know how many hours a day I have to play. Fool's gold comes up often enough, why isnt it the same for this ? smh. I was genuinely interested by this addition when it was first announced but seeing as it is such a rarity apparently I feel my urge to participate in one has been lowered drastically.

Red Lynx 23
2 minutes ago, ThaBirdCoot said:

Never had a fishing challenge still, go figure. Don't know how many hours a day I have to play. Fool's gold comes up often enough, why isnt it the same for this ? smh. I was genuinely interested by this addition when it was first announced but seeing as it is such a rarity apparently I feel my urge to participate in one has been lowered drastically.

It seems more common if you go around fishing in free roam. And in the event you have a full satchel of certain fish, such as Salmon, catching them and throwing them back still counts towards your score.

Chrismads

I love the fishing challenges. 3/3 won.

But it's far too rare that I get the invite. 

traksta1

Had my first ever invite to the fishing challenge only yesterday . Pretty fun apart from the expected trolling from a few participants. Like a chimps teaparty really 🤣

Foxwolfe
On 4/11/2019 at 7:04 PM, Red Lynx 23 said:

It seems more common if you go around fishing in free roam. And in the event you have a full satchel of certain fish, such as Salmon, catching them and throwing them back still counts towards your score.

Honestly I'm fishing all the time and still never see it so I dunno what the deal is with the event rotation but it's pretty garbage how infrequently it comes up.