4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

LoneWolf260

Whats next for the rdr universe?

LoneWolf260
3 minutes ago, HeyThereFriend said:

They'll support it for the next decade I'm sure, through RDO. I really doubt they'll touch single player again. I also seriously doubt we'll get 3 games from them within a 7 year time span. Games take longer now, they are bigger and require much more time. Also there is a possibility we could see Max Payne 4 which would also take up another few years. I'd love to be wrong but if you think about it objectively, we won't see anything RDR single player related until 2028 at the earliest. The only other thing I could see is an RDR2 Remaster on PS5 and the next Xbox, along with a PC release. As to what new content we would get with that I'd look at the GTA V Remaster. I assume a few new things, a weapon or two, a short mystery quest similar to Michael's murder mystery, some new clothes and saddles and maybe bug fixes along with John's proper hair and gloves.

I remember after the first reveal, most people said that because the gta v 3 player system worked, that rdr3 would most likely have it. Even famous yan225 rockstar leaker said that it would have 3 playable characters... just because gta v had no story dlc does not mean rdr will be the same! Im confident well get a dlc of some sorts and maybe rdr remastered? 

~INDIO~

I'd rather have Max Payne 4 than Bully 2

HeyThereFriend
9 minutes ago, LoneWolf260 said:

I remember after the first reveal, most people said that because the gta v 3 player system worked, that rdr3 would most likely have it. Even famous yan225 rockstar leaker said that it would have 3 playable characters... just because gta v had no story dlc does not mean rdr will be the same! Im confident well get a dlc of some sorts and maybe rdr remastered? 

I think you are setting yourself up for disappointment. I think there is a better chance we get a RDR 1 Remaster then any single player DLC for RDR2. I honestly don't think we'll get either though, I think it's RDO from here on out. Rockstar only cares about money and selling gold bars with as little effort as possible. They don't wanna take the time to make a good single player DLC when they can simply rush out some boring online modes and cosmetics in half the time and make more money in doing so.

a z
Posted (edited)

RE: Arthur never being able to be in the west.  I say F'it and change the canon a bit to let him exist in the West as a prequel of sorts.  Assemble the party, fail at Blackwater.  Only a handful of VO lines might have to be changed.  

Or a better way of saying it is, I wish developers wouldn't hold onto their canon like it's an untouchable item.  I know changing something may cause a lot of supplemental products to become out-of-date.  That's minor though compared to the legacy of the title and how many more people will praise it and pass that praise along to new people.  

Edited by a z

RJX74

Another 8 years, hopefully sooner tho. Right now I'd rather see the next entry than GTA 6.

Question is whether it will be Redemption 3, or an independent story. 

LoneWolf260
9 hours ago, RJX74 said:

Another 8 years, hopefully sooner tho. Right now I'd rather see the next entry than GTA 6.

I would really like more sp content and a story dlc!

MostWantedMVP

Imagine if we get Undead Nightmare 2 in October. 👀

Darealbandicoot
1 hour ago, MostWantedMVP said:

Imagine if we get Undead Nightmare 2 in October. 👀

Ah yes! Red Dead Online: Undead Nightmare! Featuring the fan favourite Blunderbuss and phosphorus bullets returning from Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare!  Only 75 gold bars per bullet and 1911 gold bars for the Blunderbuss! What a bargain! 

Tonesta

So I'm probably a bit of an outlier here......

…...but for me, a new Rockstar game (in the current era) is just a massive event. It's the one thing that will get me abandoning other forms of entertainment and get me gaming round the clock. And not only that, but in the months before release, it'll have me watching all the trailers, reading the twitter feeds and wasting tens of hours on here speculating about the new game. It's exciting, and fun, and I want it to happen as often as possible.

DLC doesn't do it for me in the same way - it's nice enough to have some more stories and activities, but I want a new world to explore.

So I would rather that they just got all their developers to work as quickly as possible on whatever game they have in the pipeline next. If ditching SP DLC gets us to the next game even three months earlier, then that's a trade I'll be willing to make.

As to what that next game will be? Bully 2 would be fun, but I'm not holding my breath. RDR2 - at the last count - has sold 23 million copies. Which is both an impressive, massive number.....and also less than a quarter of GTAV's sales. I'd be shocked if GTAVI wasn't already into development. But at the same time, given the epic scale it's going to need, I suspect we're talking 2023 before release.

So if RDR3 comes next after that (and they may well find a Western trilogy to be appealing)…...probably 2028ish?

LoneWolf260

So I'm probably a bit of an outlier here......

…...but for me, a new Rockstar game (in the current era) is just a massive event. It's the one thing that will get me abandoning other forms of entertainment and get me gaming round the clock. And not only that, but in the months before release, it'll have me watching all the trailers, reading the twitter feeds and wasting tens of hours on here speculating about the new game. It's exciting, and fun, and I want it to happen as often as possible.

DLC doesn't do it for me in the same way - it's nice enough to have some more stories and activities, but I want a new world to explore.

So I would rather that they just got all their developers to work as quickly as possible on whatever game they have in the pipeline next. If ditching SP DLC gets us to the next game even three months earlier, then that's a trade I'll be willing to make.

As to what that next game will be? Bully 2 would be fun, but I'm not holding my breath. RDR2 - at the last count - has sold 23 million copies. Which is both an impressive, massive number.....and also less than a quarter of GTAV's sales. I'd be shocked if GTAVI wasn't already into development. But at the same time, given the epic scale it's going to need, I suspect we're talking 2023 before release.

So if RDR3 comes next after that (and they may well find a Western trilogy to be appealing)…...probably 2028ish?

I get you if this was a two game race, like Red Dead tgen GTA and vise versa .. but this aint it, you have a dedicated community of bully fans that are waiting for 13 years now for a new game, you got Red Dead Redemption that comes out basically once every decade. We need as much content as we possibly can have since the next installment is at least 7 years away, which i hate.

Tonesta
On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 6:33 PM, LoneWolf260 said:

I get you if this was a two game race, like Red Dead tgen GTA and vise versa .. but this aint it, you have a dedicated community of bully fans that are waiting for 13 years now for a new game, you got Red Dead Redemption that comes out basically once every decade. We need as much content as we possibly can have since the next installment is at least 7 years away, which i hate.

I guess what I'm saying is that I've enjoyed every SP Rockstar game I've played, so GTA vs. Red Dead vs. Bully vs. Noire vs. New IP is all the same to me, as long as it involves them building a new open world and filling it with missions, side activities and things to discover.

And so if DLC slows them down from finishing that next game......then I'd rather they didn't bother.

~INDIO~

I'd like a bigger version of Mexico to return in RDR3

LoneWolf260
3 minutes ago, ~INDIO~ said:

I'd like a bigger version of Mexico to return in RDR3

In  7 years ?

~INDIO~
44 minutes ago, LoneWolf260 said:

In  7 years ?

However long it takes. I don't want to wait just to play the game from 2010 with better graphics, I know that much

DEADWOODZ
20 hours ago, Tonesta said:

I guess what I'm saying is that I've enjoyed every SP Rockstar game I've played, so GTA vs. Red Dead vs. Bully vs. Noire vs. New IP is all the same to me, as long as it involves them building a new open world and filling it with missions, side activities and things to discover.

And so if DLC slows them down from finishing that next game......then I'd rather they didn't bother.

I agree with the above, until I read the end...dlc could be in development from a different studio/department. Although Rockstar San Diego will no doubt be the main studio if dlc is actually in development at this stage.

Dark Rosewood Varnish

It's interesting to think what they're gonna do next with RDR. With regards to setting I think they'll keep the map but just extend it like how they done with RDR1's map.

Which means they could possibly extend it north creating new areas based on states such as Colorado, Utah, Nebraska and also parts of Canada. If they make the story about the early days of the gang then I'm guessing they'll extend the map westwards, I'm pretty sure Canyon City is further west so they'd probably include it as a location if they did.

Theres a lot of possibility but at the same time I think the next RDR will be the last game about Dutch, John, Arthur, the gang etc. If they make anymore beyond that they'll probs create a completely new storyline and characters. 

DEADWOODZ
Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, Dark Rosewood Varnish said:

It's interesting to think what they're gonna do next with RDR. With regards to setting I think they'll keep the map but just extend it like how they done with RDR1's map.

Which means they could possibly extend it north creating new areas based on states such as Colorado, Utah, Nebraska and also parts of Canada. If they make the story about the early days of the gang then I'm guessing they'll extend the map westwards, I'm pretty sure Canyon City is further west so they'd probably include it as a location if they did.

Theres a lot of possibility but at the same time I think the next RDR will be the last game about Dutch, John, Arthur, the gang etc. If they make anymore beyond that they'll probs create a completely new storyline and characters. 

Yeah, Arthur in his younger days showing how he came into Dutch's light & seeing the vision he had for the gang. Even maybe a flashback mission of Arthur watching his farther Lyle die & Arthur meeting Mary...I do hope somehere down the line R* deliver with some sp content i would love to see the cast back together 

Edited by DEADWOODZ

Jabalous

Unfortunately, I don't think  there will be a Story DLC for Redemption 2. Except for the support for RDO which will continue well into the future, the next thing in the franchise is likely a completely new game that is still far, far away from release. My guess is that the Redemption universe (a.k.a the Dutch Van der Linde gang universe) is sealed and R* will write a new story with a new cast next time. Whether they will continue with the title Redemption or not isn't of a high importance, but if I've to guess, I think they'd change it since it's likely that the next story won't involve a Redemption arc, otherwise the writing would get stale. 

Another 8+ years before Red Dead Revolution/Retribution/Revenge/Redemption 3/ R(whatever)? More likely than not. One can only imagine how good it'll look given how magnificent Redemption 2 already looks and plays graphics and animations wise. 

JC Hammer

Years and Years of work to get RDRO close to a working online game..........

Dan_1983
Posted (edited)
On 3/20/2019 at 2:40 AM, RJX74 said:

I hope it's an independent story. RDR 1 and 2 is basically John's story and it's done. 

Edited by Dan_1983

Timcatgt5

Red Dead Redemption 3 - set during the California Gold Rush era in 1849, the peak of the Old West, the migration of 300,000 people to form a rising populated state and the first state to elect a US senator into the Republican Party as a candidate for presidency.

The game will feature 2 protagonists, a small amount of weapons realistic and appropriate for its timeline and an expansive map of differing terrain with a variety of activities to do. 

A story driven experience featuring betrayal, friendship and opportunity. The main setting involves finding a lost piece of treasure from the Aztec era of the 1400s, which is considered by many to be an urban myth. Despite the rumours, many are searching for this treasure, with nobody coming back alive to tell the tale. 

The 2 protagonists are best friends from their days serving in the United States Army. After their discharge, they move to California in search of opportunity, but both are dragged into a quest to find the lost treasure. They will meet friends and make enemies along the way, who will stop at nothing to get what they want.

The prologue features the end of the Mexican-American war of 1848, you can choose between the 2 characters as you hold position in a fort against the Mexicans.

After the end of the war, they become disillusioned with the heavy losses of both sides, and after a letter from a friend living in California about the mass immigration due to the Gold Rush, they settle there and attempt to find work.

At the end of the game, you find the lost treasure, worth millions of dollars, and you must make a decision on whether to share the treasure between the pair, or betray the other and kill them off and keep the treasure. 

Either that or do a similar setting during the American Civil War. 

Timcatgt5

The antagonist (Thomas Hamilton) is the son of a famous revolutionary figure who was part of a political group named the Patriots, an organisation responsible for the formation of the US Constitution and established the country as an independent nation. 

He is a colonist just like his father, who wishes to see a new era of republicanism envisioned by his predecessors, and his influence has caused him to amass a legion of loyal soldiers, making him a powerful figure in the public, almost untouchable. 

Should he find the lost treasure, it would cement his position beyond the presidency and make him the most powerful man in human history. 

Only the power of two can stop him from achieving his goal. 

O.Z
On 3/26/2019 at 7:07 AM, JC Hammer said:

Years and Years of work to get RDRO close to a working online game..........

This. It will be R* main focus for the next few years...

HOW'S ANNIE?
7 minutes ago, O.Z said:

This. It will be R* main focus for the next few years...

Not if RDR Online tanks as bad as it's looking it might.

O.Z
37 minutes ago, HOW'S ANNIE? said:

Well here’s hoping ;)

Darealbandicoot
Posted (edited)
On 3/23/2019 at 2:38 PM, DEADWOODZ said:

I agree with the above, until I read the end...dlc could be in development from a different studio/department. Although Rockstar San Diego will no doubt be the main studio if dlc is actually in development at this stage.

Nothing is in development.

Rockstar San Diego may have started the RDR2 development, but there was no single lead studio this time around as all of Rockstar worked on RDR2. 

They learned from GTA V that Online is king and they barely have to put any effort in to it.

Besides, IF there's single player dlc in the works, it's probably scrapped and will be recycled into Red Dead Online like the cut single player weapons. 

Plus as I've said many times, IF single player dlc or ANY single player support was being worked on, it would have been announced by now but NOPE. It's just Red Dead Online this and Red Dead Online that. ANY Rockstar game that had story dlc, the DLC was announced either before, or a month or two after and then they would tell you when to expect it.

Hell, even GTA V got one of these posts (before the Online obsession started and cancelled it ) 

2 hours ago, HOW'S ANNIE? said:

Rockstar will never give up on it. You can take that to the bank. 

Edited by Darealbandicoot

DEADWOODZ
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Darealbandicoot said:

Nothing is in development.

Rockstar San Diego may have started the RDR2 development, but there was no single lead studio this time around as all of Rockstar worked on RDR2. 

They learned from GTA V that Online is king and they barely have to put any effort in to it.

Besides, IF there's single player dlc in the works, it's probably scrapped and will be recycled into Red Dead Online like the cut single player weapons. 

Plus as I've said many times, IF single player dlc or ANY single player support was being worked on, it would have been announced by now but NOPE. It's just Red Dead Online this and Red Dead Online that. ANY Rockstar game that had story dlc, the DLC was announced either before, or a month or two after and then they would tell you when to expect it.

Hell, even GTA V got one of these posts (before the Online obsession started and cancelled it ) 

Rockstar will never give up on it. You can take that to the bank. 

I agree, it's the sad reality of the current R* games. Did Undead Nightmare release six months down the line from Red Dead's release?

Edited by DEADWOODZ

Dark Rosewood Varnish

It's unlikely but it would be cool if we got consecutive games from different titles every year over the next few years. Basically like what they done a few years back...

Red Dead Redemption - 2010

LA Noire - 2011

Max Payne 3 - 2012

GTA V - 2013

Perhaps RDR2 could kick this off again

RDR2 - 2018

Max Payne 4 - 2019

Agent (if it even still exists - 2020

GTA VI - 2021

Obviously this is extremely unlikely and unrealistic but just a thought.

Darealbandicoot
30 minutes ago, DEADWOODZ said:

I agree, it's the sad reality of the current R* games. Did Undead Nightmare release six months down the line from Red Dead's release?

5 months after RDR1 launch Undead Nightmare came out but it was already announced sometime around RDR1 release that it was coming. 

~INDIO~

Arthur returning wouldn't work because he'd been with Dutch 20 years, so you'd have to bring Dutch back and I don't think they should.

These characters have reached the furthest they can go, time for a completey different story. 

I'd love to see Arthur back but it couldn't work IMO