2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus or tools. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
fw3

Aging Up with GTAO

fw3
Posted (edited)

After much hemming and hawing, I finally allowed my son to play GTAO when he turned 15.

Prior to that, I was trying to be a good parent, keeping him out of the cess pool that is the GTAO player-base... us, frankly.

At 15, he was already playing RDR, CoD, Battlefield, Saint's Row, Far Cry, and more.

Now, he's almost 20, and I asked him when the last time he played GTAO was.
He said, "My friends and I played the other night because there was a money glitch.
I set it up and just left my XBox on for a few hours. When I came back I had $20M."

I rolled my eyes, chuckling. I asked if he and his friends actually played GTAO, and he said, yes, for about an hour.
"We just drove around, blowing each other up."
Prior to that, he said it had been about 8 months since he played.

He and his friends were consumed by Fortnite, roped into RDR2, and now, playing Battlefield V than anything else.

For me, I've been playing GTA on a regular basis since GTAIII was released.
I try other games, but none allow me to immerse the way GTA does.
Yet, even as a GTAV launch player, my interest has waned and I revisit with the longing of returning to what it used to be.
But, like going back to GTAIV, the game's long, burning fuse just doesn't have the urgency or lore that it once had.
It now feels to me like being in a relationship that you want out of, but stay in for the convenience.

And, to the point of this thread, I wonder why?

Is it that I'm that much older (post 50 years) and I've seen it all, so even the best (arguably) doesn't appeal?
Maybe it's me, tired and bored of playing the same Monopoly game for 5+ years without so much as a new board to play on.
Perhaps it's my level of expectation for the game to deliver some vast amount of entertainment that never manifests?

TL;DR
My question is, how have you aged with GTAO in respect to the person you were when you began playing?
Some folks were young and are now 5+ years older. Others were in high school/college and are now in a very different place.
And, like me, some older players have simply gotten older and many things have changed.

Also, how have those around you aged with GTAO?
My son barely plays anymore. He doesn't have the interest.
And my wife and other kids used to be excited to hear the stories of how much money I had or that I just bought a yacht.
Now, they don't care.

As for the game, how has it aged for you in relation to reality? Is it still relevant enough to sustain another 2-3 years?
We can all assume there's another GTA product is in the works – it would be naive not to.
But, whether it's coming in a year or three years is still quite a mystery.
Can GTAO, in its current iteration, continue to sustain its player-base for another year, or two, or three?

As always, just curious to the dialogue and thoughts of those still interested in discussing GTAO.

Cheers! 

"Hey, man, it says they're doing another Biker thing... Dang. Still no 'Gap Year/Backpack Across Los Santos' DLC!"
260rqa_6zUeUSZukr7ZOJg_0_0.jpg

Edited by fw3
Edited to add loving colors to text & a nifty image.

Urban Legends

GTAO is the best possible reminder to remain focused on what is important in life. Not worry about what other people say or thing. A remembrance not to waste your time on devilish things. The game makes me feel worthless and a stark reminder that basically anyone and everyone will stab you in the back givin the chance. People are afriad as ever.. Its not good because people are "playing out" the insanely aweful thoughts they are having. Youd be better off doing a low scale gta operation in real life and hold it down with a few real life homies. 

I dont like how your son is looking at things though. Not trying to get personal here but again.. He just cheats gta and blows things up in freemode? Exactly the type of sh*t I dun wanna see anyone doing.

I mean.. I even launched a deathmatch after seeing like ww3 in a lobby and noone joined in a few minutes. Why? No oppressor in DM

fw3
9 minutes ago, Urban Legends said:

I dont like how your son is looking at things though. Not trying to get personal here but again.. He just cheats gta and blows things up in freemode? Exactly the type of sh*t I dun wanna see anyone doing.

I mean.. I even launched a deathmatch after seeing like ww3 in a lobby and noone joined in a few minutes. Why? No oppressor in DM

I don't take anything personal, so no worries! lol! But, you're right. He and his friends logged on after not playing for months,

cheated to get $20M, bought a bunch of toys they couldn't afford before, had some fun clobbering the city, then disappeared.

It's unlikely they'll go back in for months, either; or they'll go in to check on their new toys for an hour, but that's it.

As for the DM you launched, yeah... I setup Survivals and classic Races all the time, but no one ever joins. Occasionally, not routinely.

LOL! "No Oppressor in DM." :)

REXX

When I started GTA a launch, I had honestly had no clue how things worked. I had played GTA V for good while so I knew how the game worked however, what I didn't know was how Online Gaming worked. GTA Online was the first ever Online Game I had played. So it was a completely new step in gaming for me.

I then realized that the first ever character I made was, well, absolutely terrible! I did however, play as him til' January then thought; eff it, I'm starting over. I didn't have much back then (as I said, I didn't really have a clue how things worked). I wiped the character, created a brilliant badass and then another badass half a year later.

All in all, I think one of the main reasons I keep coming bacl to GTA Online (apart from it being my favourite game of all time) is that is what kickstarted my Online gaming hobby.

How has GTA Online changed the people around me? Not much to be honest. I do get odd "I hope you don't drive like that in your car" remark from relatives :lol:

I still believe GTA Online has a lot of potential to give. I've already said in a load of other threads that all this futuristic stuff doesn't bother me because I like anything futuristic. Its understandable that many people have got the hump with them for adding barbaric additons, which is basically turning GTA into a completely different game all together. But like everything else, times change. Some people stay, some people go.

I'm here to stay, what ever crazy additions they plan on adding.

(Unless I get my account wiped for no reason, then I'll f*ck off to RDRO😂).

Kiwi_91

since the start of gta online, i haven't changed much as a player. still do the same mode, races and heists mostly. and haven't touched a death match since day 1. i'm still the same player i was when i started. but still enjoying the game as much as i did 3 years ago 

my little brother got into the game a bit, but didn't like the idea of earning money to progress in the game. so became a modder. got banned, got unbanned. and then would just complain about every feature he didn't like. whenever he played he would quit the game after about 5 minutes if something he didn't like happened. he was basically a rage quitting noob. at 18, he shouldn't be proud of that.  

i still think the game could pull another 2-3 years easy, if you look at the numbers. there hasn't really been a decline in the average player base since launch. and they are still making good money each year. so they have no reason to stop development. the only thing i don't like, is the unrealistic features they've been adding. doomsday heist, arena war etc... shouldn't have happened. not before a proper tuners dlc atleast. 

kcole4001
Posted (edited)

Yeah, the thing is everyone's game is different, thus the longevity.

I've been playing GTA since III (well actually, I tried GTA1 many years ago much to the annoyance of my wife: boom chick boom chick boom chick boom chick...and so on and on and on...but stealing a car and getting killed by cops got old).

I've only been playing GTAV since Nov. 2016, and GTAO since late 2017, so it's not old to me yet.

I'm 53 this year, and only play what really has enough depth to make the experience worthwhile, the newest, latest flash doesn't interest me unless the base game has merit, and I still play many games that are relatively old.

Mount & Blade for instance, I bought in 2009, and when I feel the itch I still play it, the mods add a lot of variety.

As far as aging with the game, I enjoy it more now than at first, partly because I know how to get more out of it now, partly because I can still learn new things even in the older content, and still have new content to pick through.

I've said it before, After Hours changed the game a lot for me.

Many little things became a little smoother, new missions were added that pay better than the old standards, and again the variety added refreshes the overall feel of the game.

When I started my second character with intentions to get her up and running to purchase the nightclub, it really felt like a new game again, especially after getting a call from Maude about bounty jobs and hints about unlocking new weapons.

Like a really new, day one game again where I wasn't exactly sure about how to proceed, I wasn't just going over the same old ground, doing the same missions, it felt really new.

That's not an easy accomplishment, it definitely speaks volumes about te quality of the basic game design, adding all the frills is where they lost the thread I believe.

There was also a load of stuff I couldn't yet do as a lvl1 character that we forget about as our higher level virtual selves.

There are no random helicopter spawns until you reach a certain level, so even getting around the map was much more work.

As REXX says, my second character is now my main one, since I really didn't put much thought or effort into the first, or his properties and businesses.

I was just blundering around, but then, all games are like that, I find more enjoyment in them after I've worked out the bugs and figured out a way to play more efficiently, the first play through is invariably a bit of a mess.

Basically, the game still gives me the escape I enjoy: load in and there's a nice sunny southern San Andreas day to enjoy, no matter how crappy, cold, and wet it is outside in reality. 🙂

Another thing that adds to the enjoyment is the communal discussions we can get into here, sometimes they're downright philosophic!

Edited by kcole4001

MsBrandi

Well i started playing GTAO 2014 december iirc because of my little brother he was in high school back then while i was in med school the pre med years, at first i was having fun by playing survival, contact missions and street races, until that crates and mc businesses appeared, after that i just focused on grinding with the time and date trick 😂

now i still play the game, well barely, since i'm now in the hospital as a med student, lots of hours in here i'd be lucky if i can play just an hour -.-

People around me that plays the game? Well my little brother are now in college studying his as off even entering the student council and haven't touched this game anymore for months lol, hell he's not a gamer anymore, he seems more focused about his studies, and my friends were pretty impressed with this game at the first time, now they are just like, "i got sh*t to do now man! I have kids now, we're not kids anymore" goddamn adulthood sucks -.-

Glad i'm not married though i'm still 25 turning 26 this year i'll be fine :p

Is it still relevant?

It is, it is still relevant to me, because i just wanted to play the game that have an open world that imitates real life, where we can do whatever we want without some rules and responsibilities, what games that have the same aspects like GTAO? where we can buy some apartments businesses cars planes even some meme vehicles lol, the closest competitors is just watch dogs but that's not even close, GTAO to me is like a virtual escape from the boring everyday life besides excercise and playing music of course 😁

Atomic_DoNkEy

This is eye opening as far as player age goes. I don’t know why but I always assume I’m playing with teenagers when I’m online. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Guess that’s cause I was one when I started playing it. (35 now)

I’m mostly in it to collect vehicles. And I also like the west coast sunny atmosphere. 

I never really partake in the adversary modes or pvp type stuff. I enjoy the heists and passive business stuff myself. Just a way to fund my car obsession. 

It would be great to see more grassroots type updates that focus on the simple stuff. Mission based car theft as an example. I notice as I get a little older I’m much more into “smart” crimes so to speak. I would love if they introduced more heists in the oceans 11 type style. Where you actually had to think and follow steps that help you attain your goal. 

ghostsoap01
Posted (edited)

When the game launched in 2013, I was in 10th grade. Now I am going on 22 years old, fresh out of college and in the work force for my 2nd year this year (doing search engine marketing). I guess I could provide a younger person's perspective, but honestly I agree with most of what's been said already. I still have my character from launch, but I rarely play him, and instead when I jump in to the game I play as my second character, who I created in 2017. The game's current futuristic direction is disheartening to me, as I prefer the more "grounded in reality" content. I've pretty much always played in invite only lobbies with 2 or 3 of my friends, or alone.

Obviously, being in the workforce now I have much less free time than when I was in high school and college, so I really only jump on when a new update is out or if I just feel like immersing myself in the world of Los Santos. Honestly, more than anything I log in to drive around in my favourite cars in an invite only session. When the Terrorbyte missions are giving out 2x money I grind some where I can find the time, mainly to fund my car collection hobby. I try to make cars as true to life as possible btw, no ricers or neon paint schemes. My favourites are my roadcar McLaren F1 (even managed to get that dark orange / bronze color that many F1's come in), or my black countach with that arrow-head spoiler, or my cream coloured Jaguar E-Type (its a Grotti Stinger topless, but its the closest thing imo).

TL;DR: I was in high school, now I am working. Less time to play now, don't like the futuristic content that is coming out lately.

Edited by ghostsoap01
wrote F! instead of F1, dummy

CarimboHanky

great thread as usual...

when i first got the game, my kids were just 4 and 10 and my daughter was still inside my balls 😂, fast forward to today, my oldest kid turns 16 today and while he used to play a lot on ps3, he barely plays anymore, he got infected by fortnite. my other kid its almost 10 and while he never had any true interest in playing, he used to watch a lot of gtao videos, now he is all over fortnite 🙄. my daughter(4yo) on the other hand has grown seen me playing this game and recently have been asking me to let her play with the rocket bike(mk2) 😂 she doesnt like the guns, so i just leave her on a invite only session with no weapons and she would be having fun flying around on the mk2.

for me, the game is not what used to be, but it still very unique.

does it have what i takes to stay alive for 2-3 more years? i dont know but whenever i go to walmart GTAV is either soldout or close to soldout, so many people keep coming into the game, so while things dont feel fresh for many of us anymore, its different for those new players, which i think its what have helped the game in this long run.

for me gta have been part of my life for the past 21 years, so while im not liking the flying vehicles and futuristic sh*t they are adding, i feel like im in a love/hate relationship with the game, still im sure it would be part of my life til the end of times.

JumpingKentFlash

I’ve been on Rockstar’s games since the first for PS1. In time I’ve gone from being a gamer of many different genres, to almost exclusively playing R* games. They’re just the exact thing I like. Not many hit it home for me, though there’s a few. Gun for PS2 had a GREAT story and I really loved that one for example. 

So I’m happy that we have GTAO, to keep things going between games.

Lonely-Martin
Posted (edited)

I just got older, maybe a bit more stubborn with my ways though as I strongly refuse the public only content. As a role player and story based player in general, I still love my GTA:O though, but I still enjoy playing older GTA's so it's no surprise I'm still here. Of course, I'd love a new one but believe that's a long way away and made peace with that long ago. RDR2 taking so much effort says it all, IMO. (Plus I'm feel this might be my only/last R* online game if RDRO or this 'public only' pap is anything to go by - So long as story modes exist and are fully respected games, I'll be here though, same for session choices).

There was a spell with businesses where I saw myself getting more and more frustrated by the game and players, but I took a break and know the game isn't balanced enough to be truly a game of it so I retreated into my old ways of solo/friendly co-op only. It was worth a try, but there really is some poison out there and R* enabling that further and further really proved pointless to try and enjoy businesses in public around others that are just so toxic. I've some great like-minded gamers on my list, and always open to add more if needed too, millions of good folk out there.

I love hitting targets and goals, weather R* created or my own (though some R* ones are horrendous and that's concerning, the arena points/unlocks for example). But also co-op or just messing about mixed in with it, on call is an awesome feature for me. I log on just for a drive about at times too, love my car collection too much, lol. Always making changes to my babies. I'll still play this until it completely dies or is replaced by a new game, though probably will still pop back too. Was hoping RDRO would compliment/distract me but it's a shell of what this game is for me. 

Edit. Regarding futuristic stuff, I'm not overly a fan, but with session choices, its easy to ignore the aspects I don't enjoy. Same for game modes, if I don't like an adversary mode, I just opt not to play it. Keep that about these games, I'm good whatever they add.

My son enjoys good spells with his mates but still isn't allowed in public, it's his most played game too. Plus not long ago we just completed a 2 player DDH CMM which was a fantastic experience, but my Mrs hates the game, ha-ha. Bless her, she's awesome in understanding my love of GTA/gaming though. But even she enjoyed us doing that which was just epic and my daughter even said 'well done' which nearly bowled me and my lad over, lol.

If they add more stuff like DDH challenges, awards, businesses I can plod alone, even add to the arena, I'll still have many reasons to log on until they get a new one out. Seen rumours and hope for a Bully 2, I never played the last one so that doesn't excite me like a new GTA or RDR could going forward. Playing as a school/college kid after 5+ years of all the childish crap I have experienced here, easy pass.

Maybe I'm getting to old, lol. Been told that by a good few randoms out there. Ha-ha. Na, f*ck that noise, I'll game on (somewhere) until my thumbs or eyes give in. Cheeky little sh*ts. 🤣

Edited by Lonely-Martin
Wording.

RUFF_inthejungle

GTA for me continues to be the most immersive and realistic open-world around; I like to play all games as myself and this one lets me get closest to my real self, indulging my passions for driving and flying. I languished for the first few years; overwhelmed by it all, not knowing how to make good money and barely able to survive the terminator npcs so my friends and I would just mess around and hang out, which always devolved into a gunfight and at least 1 person getting pissed and leaving. My friends fell out and went to Destiny shortly after Heists but I stuck around for the vehicles and variety. There are plenty of other games where I can be myself but none others that allow me to house my own vehicles in my own chosen properties to send across the map in whatever manner I want.

Now I'm 31 and am sometimes able to convince my friends to reinstall and jump on and we'll do some missions or dick around like the old days but they get bored quickly and delete it again to make room for the next game. Worse still, they're super competitive and mostly don't want to bother, saying my rank is uncatchable and I already have "all the toys". I keep telling them how easy that is to change, especially with me backing them up but they just don't care anymore. Whenever they do want to make some money, they'd rather suffer through the stress and drama of businesses and Oppressor-fighting or the constant restarts of heists than just play around in missions; they just won't understand that the smaller payouts add up quicker and with far less grief.

I think the game has the potential to last a few more years but R* greed and flying motorcycles are shortening that life expectancy considerably. PVP is forever ruined by the Oppressor age and any future vehicle released to counter it will just become the new problem. New DLCs are progressively fatter paywalls and new players are left further and further back due to the high prices of everything. I think the only ways forward are to reinvigorate PVE, with new missions and/or a mission creator, cater to the solo players and allow them to run business in solo lobbies and to expand the map by adding some populated islands. Sea smuggling/dock business anyone? Either way I dread the day the servers go down and I lose my hangar but I'll keep playing til then, don't think I'll do it over again though.

Big Molio

The game has left me jaded and exasperated because of all the bleating, entitled little sh*t-bags online.

deadx23

When I started playing online I used to use a hot spot from my phone. My son has never wanted to play, I bought him an Xbox one and he loves forza4 and similar driving games but refuses to play gtao for some reason lol I don't play as much as I used to. My sister likes playing but she hogs my ps >:c but I mostly play on PC now :p starting over :(

Taterman
2 hours ago, RUFF_inthejungle said:

GTA for me continues to be the most immersive and realistic open-world around

Same here. Me and my wife have been playing since Xmas of 2017 and at least one of still plays almost every day.

Haven't seen a new game come out yet that would lure me away. We played the original RDR and had hopes for the second one, but after all I've read about the online part forget it.

Gdiddywilson

This threat has too many words. GTA made me stupid. More pictures plz.

crybaby17h16

nothing much, still lazy and calm and find gta online still entertaining..

this game may live for another 2 years maybe, maybe less if rdr2 added big contents..

time flies..

fw3
1 hour ago, Gdiddywilson said:

This threat has too many words. GTA made me stupid. More pictures plz.

My friend, you have to make time to read. Then you'll be smarterer like is me. :)

U_GkLFxoWE6vXEOSzYhwsg_0_0.jpg

Standard Deluxe 59
Posted (edited)

I think just as in real life I haven't changed very much since I started playing this game in December 2013. The online part at least, I spent more time in single player before we could own 2 properties and therefore 20 cars. But most of the cars I had when I transferred I still own, the make up of them changed a little as I have a lot more two door cars now than I used to but when very few four doors get added what are you gonna do? Most of the people I played with haven't touched this game in a long time so in many ways I went back to the way I treated this game before, as a quasi single player game. While many here would probably disagree and some of my PlayStation friends disagreed I think GTA shines best as a single player game and it certainly scratches that itch far better when I can play alone at my pace. I think this game will still stay relevant for awhile, at least until GTA 6 gets announced simply because there's nothing else like it. The monopoly analogy works better in describing this game than it should, but as no other game out right now even vaguely comes close to being a GTA clone rockstar has the monopoly on the genre. 

Edited by Standard Deluxe 59

Rafae S

i was 21 when it first came out and in my sophomore year of college. my first year was so good but the moment this game came out i couldn't even focus properly at college anymore and suffered for it 😞

i picked my grades back up the next year and learned to balance my time with gtao as well (i put in a TON of time into this game during 2014 just for the record) and it was smooth sailing from there. 2015 and 2016 were kind of hard on me since i had to share a ps4 with my brother but by 2017 i had it all to myself so during the time between i/e and gunrunning I amassed the largest amount of legit money in my entire gtao career (62m) w/ the help of those three businesses in 2016 and criminal mastermind with lonely-martin, pedinhuh and paradox 94 all from these forums.

I'm 27 next month and tbh i wouldn't trade these last few years of my time with gtao for anything. my first online game and easily the only game i've invested the most hours into (4,542 hrs). it's been a fkn journey and i hope we start seeing some decent updates again. doomsday was honestly the last one that actually felt worthy of being called an update.

Forza Harrd

My grandkids come over and I set them up playing online in invite only sessions. My grandson LOVES the flying motorcycle (Oppressor Mk I, he hates the way the mk II lands), just to ride it! His big sisters like to get my 2nd characters hair done and buy clothes and try to drive like a normal person. They LOVE the game, but so far have never experienced other players online.

Panto_Driver

I remember the day I first got gta v, back when I was 15 and in my last year of high school, it's almost like a member of the family to me now, whatever happens, gta is always there to brighten up my day. Now I'm 21 and typing this as I wait to start a three hour shift, weird how times change

fw3
1 hour ago, Forza Harrd said:

My grandkids come over and I set them up playing online in invite only sessions. My grandson LOVES the flying motorcycle (Oppressor Mk I, he hates the way the mk II lands), just to ride it! His big sisters like to get my 2nd characters hair done and buy clothes and try to drive like a normal person. They LOVE the game, but so far have never experienced other players online.

When my kids were young, they did much the same. My daughter used to get upset by how, even in Invite Only, the NPCs and cops would get so angry at her, swear at her, and kill her for almost no reason. It made her very tense to the point she didn't want to play it anymore.

It says something about how the game is designed to trigger players into being hostile, when after all – it's just a game!

Coleco

When I started GTAO I felt this was going to be a leap forward in terms of online gameplay, adding layers of characterization, depth and purpose to a multiplayer world instead of everything boiling down to another shallow deathmatch experience

And then R* spent the next five years boiling it down to another shallow deathmatch experience

I still feel like i'm left wanting after all this time.

Kiethblacklion
Posted (edited)

The first GTA that I played was the original top down on the playstation back in 1999. I played 3 and bought 4 prior to 5's release. I haven't changed much with GTAO. When online first started I was excited to play. I quickly learned how much it sucked being in freeroam. A friend and I finished up a contact mission and respawned in the alley near Gerald's apartment. We weren't there 5 minutes (trying to figure out what activity to do next) when a Rhino rolled up and blasted us just for being there. It wasn't long after that when I figured out how to do the private sessions. Which is all we ever do. I popped into a public last night for about 5 minutes and it was pure chaos. I was shot and killed by someone who I thought was in passive mode (had the black X over their blip) moments after respawning (I had crashed my plane).

I have found that my tolerance for the unjustified aggressive behavior from randoms has dropped considerably. Even when racing. I use to ignore overly aggressive drivers and did my best to race clean. I find myself reacting when someone starts being too pushy; I don't hesitate to put them into the wall or spin them around. I greatly prefer considerate opponents; clean racers, only attack you in appropriate game modes, etc. I can go to Battlefield or some other PvP oriented game if that is what I want. I come to GTA for what it offers that other games can't; co-op missions, the thrill of flying through Los Santos, the adrenaline rush of trying to out drive cops while having a 5 star wanted level, the expansive choice of creative ways to escape the cops...

As I get older, I am more picky of what games I play based on my mood. Dealing with idiotic and aggressive players is not a mood that I often entertain and thus stick to the private features of GTA. With age, I have also learned to be picky about my game goals and GTA is a prime example of accepting the fact that you don't have to own everything in the game and that a lot of it is redundant and a waste of time and resources (and working full time and having 2 kids, being efficient and making the most out of limited game time is a necessary life skill).

Edited by Kiethblacklion

Agent 14
Posted (edited)

I've been playing since release date and online release date when the game was first released in older consoles. At the time the grinding wasn't a tedious and didn't felt like a shore like it is now. Honestly grinding on this game in ps4 feels like a second job. The price hike plays a main factor as to why grinding feel tedious and the money you get for doing jobs or sales is crap unless they're on double or doing bogdan re runs which gets stale and boring the more you do it.

I stopped playing this game for about 3 years and came back around the time I heard of the night club dlc and quite frankly I regret it. So now I just play like once a week for a few hours Just to see what's on sale and if there's any new content.

Edited by Agent 14

Jenkiiii
Posted (edited)

Thanks for another good post fw3.

Something happened to me before Christmas (I had a stroke) that made me realise video games are a waste of time, and ever since then I've not been able to get into any other games the way I did before. New games come out, I install them, and watch my kids play them, but I just can't push myself to get into them, probably because they're all essentially the same: PvP-style Fortnite, Apex Legends, PUBG, Overwatch, etc, which require a lot of dexterity, input and effort which I can no longer muster. So I always go back to GTA online as a suicidal attempt to 'not' waste my time on yet more video games, but end up spending/wasting just as much time as before. Essentially, it's a process of weaning myself off video games and doing something else instead, but what would I do in the evenings if not for GTA online? 

The question is, why does GTA online have such a special place in our lives when we know how time-consuming and unhealthy it is? Personally, because I'm good at it and don't need to learn the ropes. I join a session and know what to do, how to win battles, or when to back out when I'm losing or not having fun. So, although GTA online is pretty stagnant and I've achieved everything that is realistically possible, there's still nothing like it when it comes to being the 'boss'. Honestly, if GTA online disappeared tomorrow and I could no longer play it, it would be a massive burden off my shoulders, but I know myself and also appreciate the drawbacks of addiction, so perhaps the real draw to GTA online is the expression 'better the devil you know'.

Edited by Jenkiiii

REXX
26 minutes ago, Jenkiiii said:

The question is, why does GTA online have such a special place in our lives when we know how time-consuming and unhealthy it is?

Only quoting the unhealthy part 😛 I actually stay active while I play GTA Online, its a weird regime, but it works.

I do weights while waiting for the Fortified timer to end :lol:

TheDoombringer
Posted (edited)

I've played GTA since vice city and brought GTA V A crazy 3 times because point blank this is my favorite gta. I play GTAO more than anything,it's immersive, and the businesses aspect is my favorite feature does this Game drive me batsh*t crazy? Yes, especially the clothing limitations and the idiots don't get to me as much because I spend 90% of my time in solo lobbies.

When GTA v first came out i was 26 and single, now I'm 33 and married lol 

How time flies 

Edited by TheDoombringer
Rewrite