3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

The Occasional  Outlaw

Fishing with wagon

The Occasional  Outlaw

Has anyone had success with fishing muskies with a wagon? Catching multiple muskies and parking wagon strategically so that you can dump them inside

Saw a guy fishing like that and wondered whether it works out in the end

Mad-Monkey_1st
10 minutes ago, The Occasional Outlaw said:

Has anyone had success with fishing muskies with a wagon? Catching multiple muskies and parking wagon strategically so that you can dump them inside

Saw a guy fishing like that and wondered whether it works out in the end

yes but be quick as a 3 star muskie will go 1 star after a short time, we had 9 muskie last night caught by 4 of us only 3 or 4 stayed 3 star 

The Occasional  Outlaw
Just now, GTP_Monkey said:

yes but be quick as a 3 star muskie will go 1 star after a short time, we had 9 muskie last night caught by 4 of us only 3 or 4 stayed 3 star 

Just seems so risky putting 2 hourse into it only to be killed and have it stolen. That would suck. Would be better to do it in teams i suppose. Thanks for the tip on the stars thing, never even crossed my mind

Red Lynx 23
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, The Occasional Outlaw said:

Just seems so risky putting 2 hourse into it only to be killed and have it stolen. That would suck. Would be better to do it in teams i suppose. Thanks for the tip on the stars thing, never even crossed my mind

Get a posse of four to seven, one or two fishing for Muskie or Lake Sturgeon in the Kamassa River close to Rhodes or Flat Iron Lake by Blackwater. Have one or two more posse members run them to the Butcher to sell, while the rest stand guard. Then just switch roles every so often.

Edited by Red Lynx 23

The Occasional  Outlaw
4 minutes ago, Red Lynx 23 said:

Get a posse of four to seven, one or two fishing for Muskie or Lake Sturgeon in the Kamassa River close to Rhodes or Flat Iron Lake by Blackwater. Have one or two more posse members run them to the Butcher to sell, while the rest stand guard. Then just switch roles every so often.

Awesome plan, unfortunately for me none of my friends play RDO as much as i do. COD junkies

Red Lynx 23
24 minutes ago, The Occasional Outlaw said:

Awesome plan, unfortunately for me none of my friends play RDO as much as i do. COD junkies

There's the Find Lobbies and Outlaws forum in the Red Dead Online section of this site.

Bakkerbaard
On 3/16/2019 at 7:56 PM, The Occasional Outlaw said:

If they're that much into cod they should get to fishing ASAP.

Failed Again
On 3/18/2019 at 9:35 AM, Bakkerbaard said:

If they're that much into cod they should get to fishing ASAP.

Lol 

Frykill
Posted (edited)

My wagon broke with 3 muskie in it.  I was on the road from van Horne to san denis.  ON  A ROAD! Those muskie must weigh as much as a bison or elk.

Edited by Frykill

hotrats773

Is there a place where you can get pike that is more wagon-accessible? They sell for better money which would at least compensate for the drop in value.

Van_Hellsing

If you turn your back, the fish can despawn. You have to be with more people.

I stole a NPC's horse, loaded up with a big fish. I turned my back to load up my personal horse and the fish on the npc horse despawned. 

I did manage to load a cart with some fish and of course some d-bag was camping at the butcher. I gave him a lead sandwich with the bolt action. It was a close call to have all my work destroyed.

I rather put fish in my satchel. Two expensive kinds of fish plus some small stuff will make you close to $50.

Chrismads
On 3/16/2019 at 7:34 PM, GTP_Monkey said:

That's never happend to me.

17 hours ago, Van_Hellsing said:

I did manage to load a cart with some fish and of course some d-bag was camping at the butcher. I gave him a lead sandwich with the bolt action. It was a close call to have all my work destroyed.

I rather put fish in my satchel. Two expensive kinds of fish plus some small stuff will make you close to $50.

Yeah medium fish is probably the more profitable choice, but didn't you have more fun loading a wagon and drive it RP style to the butcher where you had to protect your hard earned catch?

Sounds like you had a good time to me 

Van_Hellsing
7 hours ago, Chrismads said:

but didn't you have more fun loading a wagon and drive it RP style to the butcher where you had to protect your hard earned catch?

Sounds like you had a good time to me 

Afterwards I had a great victory feeling. Approaching the butcher with a load of fish was nerve-racking. 

For the time invested it was not worth the effort. Rockstar perceived indifference to player's outcries does not make matters better. 

I had so many disconnections with a perfect buck on my horse, I don't bother anymore. If I can not put it in my satchel, I don't collect it. Now I can not stay connected with Rockstar's game services at all. 

Coleco
12 minutes ago, Van_Hellsing said:

If I can not put it in my satchel, I don't collect it. 

This is how I've ended up playing too - If I get 7-8 Chain Pickerel i'm making the same amount of money as catching a Muskie, which may take me slightly longer to gather but doesn't have the constant fear of being taken away by meddling randoms or sudden disconnects.

From now on it's bread and corn fishin' all the way for me

Boozey St John

My wagon kept despawned with my partner. No one was around us and once we went to sell, the f*cking thing and our fish were completely gone.

Mad-Monkey_1st
33 minutes ago, Boozey St John said:

My wagon kept despawned with my partner. No one was around us and once we went to sell, the f*cking thing and our fish were completely gone.

far quicker and more profitable to fish for salmon and stealhead

Boozey St John
1 hour ago, GTP_Monkey said:

Definitely! 

Personally, I learned to just keep every fish you catch. Most are worth a buck, and every little bit helps.

Mad-Monkey_1st
Just now, Boozey St John said:

Definitely! 

Personally, I learned to just keep every fish you catch. Most are worth a buck, and every little bit helps.

Now R* have nuked hunting im now shooting and killing any animal i get chance to. I used to hunt 3 star stuff only and it took ages to fill up both your satchell and horse but now in a quarter of the time im full with any and everything maybe not 3 star stuff as much but still earning roughly the same dollar but far more xp for more kills, Skin everything just dont stack 1 star pelts onlt those bonus 2 and 3s but the bulk probably 80% is in satchel 

Chrismads
1 hour ago, Boozey St John said:

Yeah had that happen to me too. That wqs 30 min.completely wasted:(

1 hour ago, GTP_Monkey said:

Yeah it is. I think if R* fixed the despawning and allowed more fish to spawn and more fish transported on a wagon, it would be be awesome.

Or just add purchasable wagons already!

netnow66
19 hours ago, Boozey St John said:

Yeah, I'm not sure how the wagon thing works. I've gone to the butcher and lost carcasses that were at my feet.

How is it that some people get the carcasses not to despawn?

Van_Hellsing
7 minutes ago, netnow66 said:

Yeah, I'm not sure how the wagon thing works. I've gone to the butcher and lost carcasses that were at my feet.

How is it that some people get the carcasses not to despawn?

Go load up the cart with two people. As it is in the sight of at least one player, the stuff doesn't despawn. 

If you're alone and turn your back, all bets are off. 

netnow66
Just now, Van_Hellsing said:

Go load up the cart with two people. As it is in the sight of at least one player, the stuff doesn't despawn. 

If you're alone and turn your back, all bets are off. 

Ahhh, got it.

Guess I won't waste my time unless I'm playing with someone.

Dr.Rosenthal
Posted (edited)

Seems like too much of a hassle tbh.

If you know where to go, you can easily pull up 10 salmon + 10 trout and 10 largemouth bass which will give you $70 in maybe 40 minutes all in all. I’ve never timed it, but go to the right place where the fish tend to stay close and in shallow water, toss in the Special River Lure, and you’ll reel it in before it has the time to fight back even once. Seconds per fish - the only problem is you might have to wait for more to spawn in or change your location slightly to make that happen.

Easier and quicker than wagons, I’m sure. Plus it all goes in your satchel so it makes zero difference if some idiots decide to try and ruin your fun. Because they can’t, lol.

Edited by Dr.Rosenthal

Foxwolfe

Yeah I couldn't be bothered trying to find a workaround to gather multiple large fish, rather just fish up a stack of each of the medium with as much random small fish I feel like taking as well, always nets me around 150 bucks doing that (and that's from the fish alone).

Chrismads
Posted (edited)

For me it isn't all about fish per second. It's about enjoying the game trying out different game mechanics.

And you might get more $ fish per second fishing bass or salmon, but it feels like alot less grind-grind-grind work to pull up 6 muskies than 20 medium fish.

You might end up having fun making money too.

It works well for hunting near tumbleweed as well.

Load up 4-6 pronghorn and bighorns in your wagon and take it too the butcher.

Edit. I got $120 in the bank so if it is just about the money for you, you might not wanna listen to my advice lol

Edited by Chrismads

Foxwolfe

Don't get me wrong I'm the slowest MFer around when it comes to money per minute or however you wanna calculate it. I usually spend my money pretty quickly anyway. I just mean that during my playtime if I feel like it I'll hold off on hitting the butcher until after I've collected a certain amount of fish or whatever, which can happen over a rather long period of time sometimes multiple days.

I do things pretty leisurely in the game (or at least I feel that I do?)

Dr.Rosenthal
Posted (edited)

@Chrismads Ok, fair enough 😊 I understand what you mean, not everything for me is cash per minute either. We all have our own ways of making the game fun, what works for you is what you should use!

For me though, using a wagon honestly seems too cumbersome, and to me it’s not worth it for RP reasons. Fish/wagon might despawn, strangers might attack, plus the whole affair of getting a wagon in the first place, placing it, etc etc. Feels like a certain headache to me. But to each their own! If R* would make it so that we can use wagons for these purposes without fish despawning, and make the whole thing more streamlined, then I’d definitely try it.

Edited by Dr.Rosenthal

Chrismads
3 hours ago, Dr.Rosenthal said:

@Chrismads Ok, fair enough 😊 I understand what you mean, not everything for me is cash per minute either. We all have our own ways of making the game fun, what works for you is what you should use!

For me though, using a wagon honestly seems too cumbersome, and to me it’s not worth it for RP reasons. Fish/wagon might despawn, strangers might attack, plus the whole affair of getting a wagon in the first place, placing it, etc etc. Feels like a certain headache to me. But to each their own! If R* would make it so that we can use wagons for these purposes without fish despawning, and make the whole thing more streamlined, then I’d definitely try it.

That's my biggest RDO wish