Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
      4. Frontier Pursuits
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Diamond Casino & Resort
      2. DLC
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA IV Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA SA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA VC Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA III Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

The Occasional  Outlaw

A few hunting and making money questions

Recommended Posts

The Occasional  Outlaw

Hi guys, just a few questions re: the abovementioned:

 

After the latest update, do you still lose your animal skins on ur horse easily when you die or something happens?

 

Where should i fish with the lake lure they gave to all of us for free to earn the most $?

 

And finally, would u guys please give some tips as to the best and fastest ways to make $? 

 

Your responses will be highly appreciated. Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Dedito Gae
Posted (edited)

One of the best ways to make money is to complete  a mission in 20/30 minutes. No joke it actually works, as long as you dont die or take too much damage you will easily net like 50/60 bux plus what you hunt.

 

The mission where you kill Alfredo Montez is the best one because you are near Lamoyne and animal spawns like crazy. Its like a private server for you and your friends.

Edited by The Deadite

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ThaBirdCoot

You don't lose pelts anymore from dying to another player so be safe, but disconnects will still make you lose anything that wasn't stored in your satchel.

 

If you are talking about the special spinner, really it is not the best fishing item, but I'd recommend fishing along the Dakota river for the salmons and some trout.

Near Blackwater there is a few spots with Lake sturgeon too. 

 

Best money would still be hunting in swamps for the high value bird plumes I suppose or around Strawberry because you have pretty much everything around there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Occasional  Outlaw
5 minutes ago, The Deadite said:

One of the best ways to make money is to complete  a mission in 20/30 minutes. No joke it actually works, as long as you dont die or take too much damage you will easily net like 50/60 bux plus what you hunt.

 

The mission where you kill Alfredo Montez is the best one because you are near Lamoyne and animal spawns like crazy. Its like a private server for you and your friends.

Is this the mission where you kill the guy at the fort with the heavy armor? 

 

Can you please explain the 20/30 minutes thing

2 minutes ago, ThaBirdCoot said:

You don't lose pelts anymore from dying to another player so be safe, but disconnects will still make you lose anything that wasn't stored in your satchel.

 

If you are talking about the special spinner, really it is not the best fishing item, but I'd recommend fishing along the Dakota river for the salmons and some trout.

Near Blackwater there is a few spots with Lake sturgeon too. 

 

Best money would still be hunting in swamps for the high value bird plumes I suppose or around Strawberry because you have pretty much everything around there.

Can i catch salmon with the lure i got for free? Reason im asking is because im not at the level where i can buy lures yet. I read somewhere that you must use a lure to catch salmon. Apparently its a good source of revenue.

 

With regards to the pelts, thats very good news thanks! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ThaBirdCoot
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, The Occasional Outlaw said:

Is this the mission where you kill the guy at the fort with the heavy armor? 

 

Can you please explain the 20/30 minutes thing

No, the mission he was refering to is called highly illegal and highly moral, Alfredo montez doesn't actually get killed but captured by the likes of us. You have to be good honor to play it or just get it trough quick join. 

The thing about waiting some players do is that the payout will be higher and xp as well, is it worth it  ? debatable,  but @PressureDrop has a thread for this that can be useful for you

 

 

 

7 minutes ago, The Occasional Outlaw said:

Is this the mission where you kill the guy at the fort with the heavy armor? 

 

Can you please explain the 20/30 minutes thing

Can i catch salmon with the lure i got for free? Reason im asking is because im not at the level where i can buy lures yet. I read somewhere that you must use a lure to catch salmon. Apparently its a good source of revenue.

 

With regards to the pelts, thats very good news thanks! 

The special spinner you were most likely awarded gives an increased chance of catching any large or medium fish so, yeah, that also includes salmon obviously

Edited by ThaBirdCoot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Dedito Gae
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, The Occasional Outlaw said:

Is this the mission where you kill the guy at the fort with the heavy armor? 

Nah, its the one where you kill some outlaws in Van Horn and a camp, then you destroy a convoy and need to capture a bandito.

 

12 minutes ago, The Occasional Outlaw said:

Can you please explain the 20/30 minutes thing

Idk why but the more time you spend at a mission, the more money you make. Works with stranger missions in free roam too.

Edited by The Deadite

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Occasional  Outlaw
6 minutes ago, The Deadite said:

Nah, its the one where you kill some outlaws in Van Horn and a camp, then you destroy a convoy and need to capture a bandito.

 

Idk why but the more time you spend at a mission, the more money you make. Works with stranger missions in free roam too.

Dont they put time limits on these missions? Cant remember, its been a while since ive done missions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5.7

Braithwaite Manor, among the water and fields to catfish jacksons. Since the update you’ll get swarms of plumes, pelicans, loons, and all types throughout the day. When the night comes go hunt the, owls, raccoons, rabbits, deer and boar. The day comes early ride down close to the manor for plume spawns and repeat this until you stocked up. Ride to Rhodes, sell, buy ammo and ride back to location. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Occasional  Outlaw
2 minutes ago, 5.7 said:

Braithwaite Manor, among the water and fields to catfish jacksons. Since the update you’ll get swarms of plumes, pelicans, loons, and all types throughout the day. When the night comes go hunt the, owls, raccoons, rabbits, deer and boar. The day comes early ride down close to the manor for plume spawns and repeat this until you stocked up. Ride to Rhodes, sell, buy ammo and ride back to location. 

Sounds like a good plan, thanks a lot

15 minutes ago, ThaBirdCoot said:

No, the mission he was refering to is called highly illegal and highly moral, Alfredo montez doesn't actually get killed but captured by the likes of us. You have to be good honor to play it or just get it trough quick join. 

The thing about waiting some players do is that the payout will be higher and xp as well, is it worth it  ? debatable,  but @PressureDrop has a thread for this that can be useful for you

 

 

 

The special spinner you were most likely awarded gives an increased chance of catching any large or medium fish so, yeah, that also includes salmon obviously

Where have you had the most success with salmon? Coz most of the time with that lure i either get no bites or its a muskie, which i dont want coz they take forever to catch and can only keep one at a time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Dedito Gae
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, The Occasional Outlaw said:

Dont they put time limits on these missions? Cant remember, its been a while since ive done missions

Nah, just get a friend and stall in the mission for like 20/30 minutes, butchers are still functional and you can sell them stuff. Just avoid dying or buying anything inside a mission, you get less money for dying and buying prices of some items are outdated.

 

The best missions to do this are "Highly Moral Highly Honorable" and "Kill Them All":

 

-"Kill Them All' is set in New Austin (hardly the best place for hunting) but theres a lot of enemies to headshot which nets XP, if you want to try this: just dont follow Horley at the start of the mission and go somewhere else. Hunt for a while and then complete the rest of the mission when you want.

 

-"Highly Moral Highly Honorable" is a good one both action and hunting wise. Is better to go to Van Horn first and kill everyone there, then hunt in Lamoyne for a while (place is blooming with wildlife) do the rest of the mission later.

 

 

Edited by The Deadite

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
imburgundy
8 minutes ago, The Occasional Outlaw said:

Sounds like a good plan, thanks a lot

Where have you had the most success with salmon? Coz most of the time with that lure i either get no bites or its a muskie, which i dont want coz they take forever to catch and can only keep one at a time

Below Cumberland Falls on the Dakota River or O'creighs Run in East Grizzlies. Should be able to catch 10 at either of these spots if you are by yourself

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chrismads

I do not recommend special spinner for fishing. You'll use too much time reeling in small cheap fish.

 

I bought the river lure for 1 gold when I started. Worth it. I only wanna spend time catching salmon or trout.

 

Google for the salmon spawns. "Rankedboost" or something is a good site.

 

Use eagle eye while holding a fishing rod, and you'll see exactly what fish is where.

 

Quick reeling with long spinstops is my method for hooking salmon and trout.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pressure Drop
1 hour ago, The Occasional Outlaw said:

Dont they put time limits on these missions? Cant remember, its been a while since ive done missions

 

Pretty sure there is no time limit (except the threat of 0x20010006 disconnection error looming over you) - BUT the missions do have a maximum payout for time spent in the mission, which will be around 25-30 minutes I believe.

 

Since you can hunt, and sell at the butcher in story missions, you can do that whilst inside the mission and ignore the objectives in certain places. And you cannot be griefed or killed by other players which is a bonus.

 

It's worth it to delay the mission, due to the increased payout which will be 50-70 dollars, plus whatever animal parts you collected and sell whilst in the mission. If you rush the mission and complete it in 5 minutes, you will only be paid 8-15 dollars which is a big difference.

 

It's my favourite way to play the game, but most randoms I play with just want to rush the mission as fast as possible, so inviting like-minded friends is helpful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ZakeBudek
1 hour ago, The Deadite said:

One of the best ways to make money is to complete  a mission in 20/30 minutes. No joke it actually works, as long as you dont die or take too much damage you will easily net like 50/60 bux plus what you hunt.

 

The mission where you kill Alfredo Montez is the best one because you are near Lamoyne and animal spawns like crazy. Its like a private server for you and your friends.

Sharing this was highly moral, but highly illegal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Occasional  Outlaw
8 hours ago, Pressure Drop said:

 

Pretty sure there is no time limit (except the threat of 0x20010006 disconnection error looming over you) - BUT the missions do have a maximum payout for time spent in the mission, which will be around 25-30 minutes I believe.

 

Since you can hunt, and sell at the butcher in story missions, you can do that whilst inside the mission and ignore the objectives in certain places. And you cannot be griefed or killed by other players which is a bonus.

 

It's worth it to delay the mission, due to the increased payout which will be 50-70 dollars, plus whatever animal parts you collected and sell whilst in the mission. If you rush the mission and complete it in 5 minutes, you will only be paid 8-15 dollars which is a big difference.

 

It's my favourite way to play the game, but most randoms I play with just want to rush the mission as fast as possible, so inviting like-minded friends is helpful.

Does this apply to free roam missions aswell? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rafae S

^ yes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gibsonteddyj
20 hours ago, The Occasional Outlaw said:

Dont they put time limits on these missions? Cant remember, its been a while since ive done missions

Yes, most stranger missions have timers on them.  In fact, I think they all do on second thought.  The way to maximize the exp, gold, and $$ is to wait until the last 30 seconds or so to complete the mission.  For example, if you get an "On the Hunt" stranger mission, go kill the animal and stow it on your horse.  Then just do some other activity near the area where you turn in the pelt (I generally fish or hunt).  Allow yourself enough time to get to the location to turn in the pelt before the timer expires.  You might have to wait around at the location to turn in the pelt for a few seconds but a good, general rule of thumb is to wait until the final 30 seconds to complete the mission.  The timer will turn red when it gets to 30 seconds to go.  

A piece of advice that I have learned the hard way...if its a stranger mission where you have to kidnap a person and take them to the drop off point, you have to physically remove the target from your horse and throw them down in the yellow area.  You cant simply drive your horse up to the yellow zone and complete.  

 

Good luck and enjoy!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Occasional  Outlaw
20 hours ago, gibsonteddyj said:

Yes, most stranger missions have timers on them.  In fact, I think they all do on second thought.  The way to maximize the exp, gold, and $$ is to wait until the last 30 seconds or so to complete the mission.  For example, if you get an "On the Hunt" stranger mission, go kill the animal and stow it on your horse.  Then just do some other activity near the area where you turn in the pelt (I generally fish or hunt).  Allow yourself enough time to get to the location to turn in the pelt before the timer expires.  You might have to wait around at the location to turn in the pelt for a few seconds but a good, general rule of thumb is to wait until the final 30 seconds to complete the mission.  The timer will turn red when it gets to 30 seconds to go.  

A piece of advice that I have learned the hard way...if its a stranger mission where you have to kidnap a person and take them to the drop off point, you have to physically remove the target from your horse and throw them down in the yellow area.  You cant simply drive your horse up to the yellow zone and complete.  

 

Good luck and enjoy!!

Thanks a lot. Much appreciated 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kemasus
On 3/14/2019 at 3:39 PM, The Occasional Outlaw said:

Hi guys, just a few questions re: the abovementioned:

 

After the latest update, do you still lose your animal skins on ur horse easily when you die or something happens?

 

Where should i fish with the lake lure they gave to all of us for free to earn the most $?

 

And finally, would u guys please give some tips as to the best and fastest ways to make $? 

 

Your responses will be highly appreciated. Cheers

Dont underestimate herbs for money making potential. Its quite easy to find a variety of herbs close together while we are out hunting.....10 herbs $2.50

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Red Lynx 23
On 3/14/2019 at 4:25 PM, imburgundy said:

Below Cumberland Falls on the Dakota River or O'creighs Run in East Grizzlies. Should be able to catch 10 at either of these spots if you are by yourself

There's also a rickety bridge in the ravine behind Fort Wallace. It's a good place to catch Salmon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.