1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Bakkerbaard

Ability Cards Are Crap

•—•
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, GenericGTAO said:

@EktopeThe delay of PIB is a big reason is another reason its not any good.  And while I can simply say 90-95% of encounters occur in lock range, I dont have actual proof other than my own experience.   I know for a fact, I can count on one hand the number of times I have been in matches and someone killed me outside of lock on range in show downs.  I have played them a lot.  I dont have the exact number but my award say 89 wins.  In lock range, PIB 100% accuary means the damage out put is only slightly better than a slow and steady player.   Painting someone even in lock on range takes a split second longer than simply locking on and firing, and if you fire before the X appears you are wasting it anyway.  I rarely wait for the bloom to set, I lock, I fire, the enemy usually dies.  There is not a gun apart from maybe a double barrell shotgun where the delay isnt a huge negative to PIB. 

I would prefer opponents to use PIB, so recommend away, but most players in lock range against SnS are going down with PIB equipped.  

Its actually surprising how many people consider dead eye to be cheating or something you should agree to use or not use depending on whether they are losing or winning. 

I don't know if you're trolling me or you don't understand, but it's a bit tedious to explain.

I don't understand what delay you're talking about. PIB doesn't seem to have any delay, IMO. Not that I've noticed. But I do know one thing about delays. The weapons, some of 'em have lower firing rate between each shots, giving time to switch Dead Eye back on. Do you remember the Eye For An Eye III trick with Dead Eye, especially Slow and Steady III before the update nerf? Headshot in Dead Eye wouldn't give Dead Eye boost without doing a trick. But now Rockstar changed it so Eye For An Eye III headshot do give Dead Eye bar while in Dead Eye mode. If you don't understand how that trick was done, it was like this: Hold LT to auto aim > click RS to switch on Slow and Steady > move RS upwards towards head > press RT to shoot head > click RS to switch off Dead Eye. This had to be done really quickly to get that headshot Dead Eye bar. But now, it's much easier to do because you don't have to switch off Slow and Steady. The above steps is very similar method to how people use Paint It Black now.

In Name Your Weapon, if one person had Tomahawk with Slow and Steady and other had Tomahawk with Paint It Black. The guy that is aiming with Tomahawk outside lock-on range and painting mark in Paint It Black, they have advantage. But that's just for Tomahawks.

I've played far more matches and against experienced players on daily basis. So roughly 5,000+ matches and don't remember reading the wins. It could be around 2,000 to 3,000.

It seems only Shotguns get the increased damage noticed in Paint It Black because of tightened 100% accuracy of pellet spread. It even does headshots, killing someone at mid range in one shot. But this cannot be done with Slow and Steady.

In lock-on range, we don't paint or mark the target. I do know this will take longer, like 1 to 2 seconds or so. This is bad move. This is not how people use Paint It Black. So you don't understand how it works. This is why you don't understand my post or how Paint It Black is better option now. But try to understand then try it yourself later. Do this:

Hold LT / L2 to auto aim chest > click RS / R3 to switch on Paint It Black > move RS / R3 upwards towards head > press RT / R2 to shoot head. This needs to be done in quick succession. So you need to press those buttons quickly. Move RS / R3 to head and shoot RT / R2 quickly. You will notice that the chest has an x mark, as if it painted. We aren't shooting the chest. We are shooting the head in auto-aim. So why turn on Paint It Black? For no bloom and 100% accuracy. And for +5 XP from Dead Eye kills. 

The only reason I can think of to "fire" while in lock-on range is when there is nothing to lock-on because it's a Slippery players. I've had situations when someone came near me in Name Your Weapon (Teams) and I Double-Barrelled their ass with Shotgun. This is how Paint It Black is useful. You can still score 100% perfect headshots with no bloom across the map. Or mid-range or lock-on range.

Edited by Ektope

Bakkerbaard
14 hours ago, Assblaster said:

You can mix it up. Do some pvp modes, but also you can replay story missions, and do stranger missions. You get gold & xp from all of that. You can also hunt: shoot every animal, every bird, squirrel, boar, gator, deer. Everything shot & killed gives xp.

I mix it up plenty. I prefer to muck around in Free Roam, but I like to do it looking good. Hence the need for leveling up and PvP seems to be the most effective for that. Provided you get some relevant scoring in.

I remember having an absolute blast playing PvP in RDR1. Never was a contender, but I held my own in there, which makes it a little more frustrating that I can't manage it in RDO.

First, get a pump shotgun (if you haven't one).

It's on the list. Even if only for looking badass. But as far as urgency goes it doesn't rate high on the list. Ever hoping some update sometime is gonna come which requires me to spend all my money on irrelevant crap I'm gonna buy anyway I'm going slow with it now, so the shotgun keeps falling behind.

Once he's in close range, blast for the body. No matter what cards he has, a blast or two to the body at point-blank range with a scattergun means he dies.

Glad some thing snever change. ;o)

I got the sawed-off, since I wasn't using the revolver anyway with all those rifles on my back. I'm not sure how I'm gonna survive until and adversary comes in shotgun range, but if they do, that's about the plan I'm going with.

15 hours ago, Assblaster said:

There you go! If you love the game as I do, and love to freeroam as much as I do (for role-playing or just hunting & fishing), this approach will slowly level you up and get you cash. And it'll keep you from dying in the process. It's not a perfect game, I agree, but why not make the most of it, if you have as much fun with it as I do.

This game is like heroine. I know I should quit it, but I can't and I'm happy everytime I shoot up. Plus, I think I may be losing my teeth, but I think that's an M&M issue.

It seems the stranger missions have become a bit tougher, what with not being able to see if anyone is near and when you start one up even the blueblips turn into arseholes. That used to be my main XP-income. The story missions... I'm taking a break from those.

Dilligently doing my dailies, though. A good way to scoop up about 1000XP per session and it gives my mucking around some purpose.

Still though, when I read all those messages about how people are in the triple digits already I feel I should be able to level quicker. 

kiki31

. Paint It Black III is very strong with Express Explosive in Free Roam too. Kill someone from over 100 metres away. And Dynamite Arrow, of course.       

Xender Discord Omegle

Assblaster
59 minutes ago, Bakkerbaard said:

It seems the stranger missions have become a bit tougher, what with not being able to see if anyone is near and when you start one up even the blueblips turn into arseholes. That used to be my main XP-income. The story missions... I'm taking a break from those.

Dilligently doing my dailies, though. A good way to scoop up about 1000XP per session and it gives my mucking around some purpose.

Still though, when I read all those messages about how people are in the triple digits already I feel I should be able to level quicker. 

Well you'll do better than I am. Try leveling 13 characters. :*( All of mine are low-level but I don't care, I have fun and in freeroam I do fine, though I've been bushwhacked quite a few times before the changes made freeroam a much better experience. Now I see danger coming and get ready for it accordingly. That pump-shotty is a must-have though IMO. Kept me alive more than once. Idiots pull out a rope? No problem. I love it when I see (on the mini-map) a purple or red dot charging a cabin I'm in, I pump and unload. In the open though I'm forced to take cover and use my bolt or lancaster and hope for the best. To be honest, I've been meeting a lot more cool players in freeroam. More "live-and-let live" players now. There are still jerkoffs here and there, sure, but I'm far less paranoid these days when I'm out and about.

It's all about having fun for me, not "beating the game" or whatever. I get immersed in my guy's life, his ambitions and life routine, and do what he would do, not worrying about gaining levels. If something he wants is level-locked, I pay with gold. I've got money and I don't mind spending it to have fun. Some of the stuff that's level-locked is baffling to me. No big deal though. I'd like to have access to all the horses though, can't buy those with gold for some reason. (Some guns you can get early with gold but not horses...go figure.) 

Anyway, good luck out there on the open range, you'll get those cards one day -- sooner than I will no doubt. 

GenericGTAO
Posted (edited)

@ektope...not trolling, PIB has a delay.  You must move the thumb stick after locking on to get a quicker X.  There is a very long delay if you do not move the right thumbstick.  

I have never been killed by a tomahawk outside of lock on range in NYW...in the at least 50 games probably more of name your weapons...that has to be one of the rarest event in the game. Certainly not used for any sort of argument that regular players should equip PIB because a person thats played 2000 showdowns does it.  That an very advanced tactic. And certainly, most players will never be able to free aim a player with PIB activated way off in a show down.  I dont need to play 2000 games to understand how this mode work.   No one does this....less than 1% of players use this tactic.  Edit, I looked at my stats, I have played 333 series missions, and I have won 96 showdowns.   I would say solid opinion on this issue could be formed after 100 games and 20 wins.

I would love to see people doing that and failing miserably to as they launch their tomahawks into trees walls, hills, etc. while they drain there Dead Bar and blow tonics to get 6 measly points. I love the PIB players.  Mr Boss has a video claiming its the best. So, thats what a lot of people use.  Bless him for that. 

I can get just as many kills by moving the thumb stick up without having to get 100 percent accuray with SnS.  And luckily for me in showdowns, free mode events, and even 95% of free mode fights, I have been in, most players dont even attempt to activate dead eye, let alone try to fire outside of lock on range.

If the other players head shot a PIB player, they die unless they have never without 1.  SnS, still alive and that in an of itself makes it superior.  And it should be recommended to all players of all skill levels to be the default.  PIB is an inferior card in all but the most limited circumstance of having to deal with a camper firing dynamite arrows at you.  Outside of that, SnS is still the best even with the nerf.  

I did retry PIB its still pretty bad, you are right about 1 thing, it makes shotguns a beast again.  Trouble is now you are exposed to the nooby varmit, cause your in PIB. But shotguns were too OP with SnS.  Its still terrible for my, go to, bolt action.  I just body shot people, no head shots...3 bodies, next.  High level doesnt matter, plays nonstop showsdowns....doesnt matter, PIB players most likely down after 2, call your friends cause this guy right here is ready.

PIB is ok for the varmit.  If you can get two registered head shots in a row very quickly other wise its firing allow over the place.  And gets confusing when it looks like you did but actually didnt. Cause Xs are all over the top of the players body.

Edited by GenericGTAO

TyrionV

I like them.

Otherwise everyone has exactly the same health with the same amount of damage inflicted by the same weapons. 

This way things are mixed up a bit and you don’t know if the odds are stacked for or against you unless you check. It adds variety.

I do think they should only apply in freeroam though. 

•—•
10 hours ago, GenericGTAO said:

@ektope...not trolling, PIB has a delay.  You must move the thumb stick after locking on to get a quicker X.  There is a very long delay if you do not move the right thumbstick.  

I have never been killed by a tomahawk outside of lock on range in NYW...in the at least 50 games probably more of name your weapons...that has to be one of the rarest event in the game. Certainly not used for any sort of argument that regular players should equip PIB because a person thats played 2000 showdowns does it.  That an very advanced tactic. And certainly, most players will never be able to free aim a player with PIB activated way off in a show down.  I dont need to play 2000 games to understand how this mode work.   No one does this....less than 1% of players use this tactic.  Edit, I looked at my stats, I have played 333 series missions, and I have won 96 showdowns.   I would say solid opinion on this issue could be formed after 100 games and 20 wins.

I would love to see people doing that and failing miserably to as they launch their tomahawks into trees walls, hills, etc. while they drain there Dead Bar and blow tonics to get 6 measly points. I love the PIB players.  Mr Boss has a video claiming its the best. So, thats what a lot of people use.  Bless him for that. 

I can get just as many kills by moving the thumb stick up without having to get 100 percent accuray with SnS.  And luckily for me in showdowns, free mode events, and even 95% of free mode fights, I have been in, most players dont even attempt to activate dead eye, let alone try to fire outside of lock on range.

If the other players head shot a PIB player, they die unless they have never without 1.  SnS, still alive and that in an of itself makes it superior.  And it should be recommended to all players of all skill levels to be the default.  PIB is an inferior card in all but the most limited circumstance of having to deal with a camper firing dynamite arrows at you.  Outside of that, SnS is still the best even with the nerf.  

I did retry PIB its still pretty bad, you are right about 1 thing, it makes shotguns a beast again.  Trouble is now you are exposed to the nooby varmit, cause your in PIB. But shotguns were too OP with SnS.  Its still terrible for my, go to, bolt action.  I just body shot people, no head shots...3 bodies, next.  High level doesnt matter, plays nonstop showsdowns....doesnt matter, PIB players most likely down after 2, call your friends cause this guy right here is ready.

PIB is ok for the varmit.  If you can get two registered head shots in a row very quickly other wise its firing allow over the place.  And gets confusing when it looks like you did but actually didnt. Cause Xs are all over the top of the players body.

This is exactly what a noob would say.

I'm out.

tonko
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, GenericGTAO said:

I'm no expert but yesterday 343 guy had PIB and 2 Mausers. His score: 48 kills and 3 deaths. No one could do anything against him. So i think @Ektope has a point when he says PIB is the top Dead Eye card at the moment.

17 hours ago, TyrionV said:

I like them.

Otherwise everyone has exactly the same health with the same amount of damage inflicted by the same weapons. 

This way things are mixed up a bit and you don’t know if the odds are stacked for or against you unless you check. It adds variety.

I do think they should only apply in freeroam though. 

I would like that too. That would give newcomers a reason to engage in Showdowns early on without being slaughtered by 200+ players.

Edited by tonko

GenericGTAO
3 hours ago, tonko said:

I'm no expert but yesterday 343 guy had PIB and 2 Mausers. His score: 48 kills and 3 deaths. No one could do anything against him. So i think @Ektope has a point when he says PIB is the top Dead Eye card at the moment.

I would like that too. That would give newcomers a reason to engage in Showdowns early on without being slaughtered by 200+ players.

Maybe I wasnt clear, but PIB maybe ok when a player has mastered the game.  I still think its inferior to SnS, in almost every situation.  This thread is titled ability cards are crap because...the OP like most users either doesnt use them or hasnt studied them enough. R* doesnt make it less complicated by changing them midstream and really not explaining or quantifing each upgrade does. A ton of people over 100 will cry, about how you use dead eye, like its cheating.  There is a large vocal part of the community that wants ability card free lobbies.   I think me and @Ektope agree on most things regarding ability cards.  I think offering super advanced advice to people who dont even think dead eye should be in the game is right.  SnS is the best way to get a grasp of the dead eye system.  If you want to go back and try PIB maybe it will work, maybe it wont.  PIB is great for dynamite arrows.   But outside of that, its pretty bad and worthless for me.  My go to is the bolt action.  I had this PIB player level 200 today, come straight at me with dual semi pistols, I think, 4 bolts later he was down.  I rode on him again hr tried to paint, down with 1 expolsive.  He then blew most his explosive rifle and repeater in PIB from distance.  He got 1 kill.  He killed my poor horse 3-4 times though.  He switch the slippery and got me on his horse.  He was decent at coming out at the right time to get me with a slug.

I think the ability to tank head shots is way more important in most gun fights. Especially, for inexperience players all the way up to adavanced.

AmyStone

I think slippery bastard is a little too powerful. Especially in the new Spoils of War event. If someone steals a bag and enable dead eye it's almost impossible to stop them. It wouldn't be so bad if dead eye drained quicker with it enabled but it seems to last about 30 seconds - which is crazy.

Bakkerbaard
3 hours ago, Assblaster said:

Well you'll do better than I am. Try leveling 13 characters. :*(

Thirteen?! How? Thriteen accountson the same console?

I've been managing two, with the one on my secondary account getting left behind.

Now I see danger coming and get ready for it accordingly.

Purples and reds are not really the issue. When it comes to stranger missions blues are now the problem as you can only see them coming when it's too late. And the problem with tat is that they're blue. I don't wanna start a fight and I don't know if this guy is heading to the butcher's or coming to butcher me, so I naively give them a chance. A grace period if you will. 

Something I always regret and never learn from.

To be honest, I've been meeting a lot more cool players in freeroam. More "live-and-let live" players now. There are still jerkoffs here and there, sure, but I'm far less paranoid these days when I'm out and about.

True. On the whole it's become reasonably more peaceful. I still stay away from players, colour be damned. 

While we're on this, I was getting chased down yesterday, blues and reds and all, and I was wondering if I get a notification when I've gone red. For all I know I'd become wanted for some damn vague reason and it was all fair.

It's all about having fun for me, not "beating the game" or whatever. I get immersed in my guy's life, his ambitions and life routine, and do what he would do, not worrying about gaining levels. If something he wants is level-locked, I pay with gold.

That's what I do. Backstory starts growing from the moment you start character creation.

But I also make it a sport to not pay with gold if something could be obtained through the game's means. It's a hobby. Did it in GTA too. I've noticed that I don't care so much for things that I've not really worked for. That's not reflective of my opinion on your purchasing ways, by the way, opinions on that are non existent. No offense, is what I mean.

Either way, I don't need to beat the game, I need a leather duster. ;o)

I'd like to have access to all the horses though, can't buy those with gold for some reason.

In GTA I was all about the transportation, the muscles specifically. But in RDO less so. I will be getting me a big fat shire horse (the muscles specifically ;o) when they sort out the bonding issues. Ardennes maybe. Whichever is too large.

4 hours ago, Assblaster said:

Anyway, good luck out there on the open range, you'll get those cards one day -- sooner than I will no doubt. 

I got some cards since we last spoke. I shouldn't have done that, because it is now increasingly harder to deny skill is not the issue. ;o)

tonko
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, AmyStone said:

I think slippery bastard is a little too powerful. Especially in the new Spoils of War event. If someone steals a bag and enable dead eye it's almost impossible to stop them. It wouldn't be so bad if dead eye drained quicker with it enabled but it seems to last about 30 seconds - which is crazy.

I'm starting to contemplate more and more lately about Never Without One ability card. As an anti-grief measure in Free Roam - i understand it, fully.

But in Showdowns and all other PVP modes, that card should be removed. It doesn't make any sense keeping it there. Magic hat really breaks the immersion.

Edited by tonko

BUT THE BENZ

last session I shelled out 500 bucks for crap, felt right though! had to tier3 "strange medicine"....gotta finish what I started...can't help it. need to get tier3 for "horseman" and "peak condition" aswell...not now though

then I have my 8 cards on tier3, and will hopefully never touch those evil cards again!

Assblaster
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Bakkerbaard said:

Thirteen?! How? Thriteen accounts on the same console?

I've been managing two, with the one on my secondary account getting left behind.

Yeah 12 accounts are mine but many of those are celebrity characters I don't play much. One account belongs to the wife. Of them all I only play 3 regularly anymore due to the irritating demands of life.

While we're on this, I was getting chased down yesterday, blues and reds and all, and I was wondering if I get a notification when I've gone red.

As far as I know we have no way of ascertaining what color our own blip is to other players without other players telling us, which R* apparently didn't think about. I guess we're red if we have a bounty, but I don't know if that's a fact.

But I also make it a sport to not pay with gold if something could be obtained through the game's means. It's a hobby. Did it in GTA too. I've noticed that I don't care so much for things that I've not really worked for. That's not reflective of my opinion on your purchasing ways, by the way, opinions on that are non existent. No offense, is what I mean.

I have no problem supporting the game so long as I'm entertained by it. I buy gold for most of my characters, which is exactly why R* shouldn't mind if I have so many characters, I'm forking over cash. I'll stop doing so though until I get considerably more solid content, and I don't see it coming at this point.

I will be getting me a big fat shire horse (the muscles specifically ;o) when they sort out the bonding issues. Ardennes maybe. Whichever is too large.

I bought the white shire for my favorite character (the Bandito Kid), no regrets at all. It's fast, has enduring stamina, doesn't freak out too much around predators, and looks great. (I don't like small horses, feels like I'm riding a donkey.) Go with whatever you like -- or both! It seems to me that each type of horse has its own personality of sorts.

I got some cards since we last spoke. I shouldn't have done that, because it is now increasingly harder to deny skill is not the issue.

See there...those cards aren't crap after all, once you have 'em. 😉

Edited by Assblaster

Rammer2k
Posted (edited)

Just a FYI in case you didn't know.  Reset the Trade Award for spending $1000 I believe.  When you go and upgrade your cards, it'll count towards that total, and you can get some more XP, and Gold Nuggets each time you reset.

Edited by Rammer2k

Bakkerbaard

I have no problem supporting the game so long as I'm entertained by it. I buy gold for most of my characters, which is exactly why R* shouldn't mind if I have so many characters, I'm forking over cash. I'll stop doing so though until I get considerably more solid content, and I don't see it coming at this point.

Right now there's absolutely nothing coming. It's how you can tell if I have a day off: The servers are down.

Anyway, I'm not against paying for gold. In fact, it makes sense: It's basically paying for DLC and in that sense it's pretty reasonable of Rockstar to give us a chance to do it without paying with real money. However, I'm also very Dutch. So it's a sport to get stuff free. ;o) I'll grow tired of myself soon enough.

See there...those cards aren't crap after all, once you have 'em.

No, they're still crap.

But now I have that crap on top of my own being crap. ;o)

P.T.

They could have made this game so awesome online, but instead screwed it up with these " ability cards" .

Especially for any of the showdown series stuff, gun rush, etc. No one should have any advantages over others. Kinda defeats the purpose of PVP imo. Its not about skill its about having cards. Just stupid bottom line. If they wanted to just have them in Free Roam , that would be fine with me, but they have no place in showdown series stuff. 

Also who the heck wants to have to run around all the time with dead eye active when fighting people in a showdown series? i dont feel like trying to keep that activated , press the buttons , make sure to drink some stuff to keep dead eye up ...... i just want to have a friggin shoot out. This is just screwing up what could be so good. Who comes up with this crap? 

Im struggling to enjoy this game due to this mess . I don't play any other shooter out there that has bs like this in it. Taking a beatiful game and just ruining it with this stuff. Of course the people who have the cards love it, because it makes you feel like your really good, when really your just basically using cheats that give you an unfair advantage over others. Thats what these things really are. Why did rockstar have to screw this up so bad?

coach_wargo
On 3/14/2019 at 5:59 AM, GenericGTAO said:

Dead eye is a feature from SP that cannot work online, so they changed it up in Online.  One of the best things about RDO.  I was wondering, how will dead eye work. 

I assume you never played RDR1. The dead eye system in the multiplayer worked like Paint it Black, no slow down effect, just painted the targets. You could build dead eye up with kills and headshots. It was simple and effective. 

In Max Payne 3 multiplayer they had Bullet Time, which slowed down time for you and everyone in your line of sight when active. 

My point is it could have been done, they chose not to do it. Instead we have these silly cards, which IMO take away from what could have been good competitive game modes. 

GenericGTAO
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, coach_wargo said:

I assume you never played RDR1. The dead eye system in the multiplayer worked like Paint it Black, no slow down effect, just painted the targets. You could build dead eye up with kills and headshots. It was simple and effective. 

In Max Payne 3 multiplayer they had Bullet Time, which slowed down time for you and everyone in your line of sight when active. 

My point is it could have been done, they chose not to do it. Instead we have these silly cards, which IMO take away from what could have been good competitive game modes. 

I meant the slow down time part of dead eye.  I didnt know that about Max Payne 3.  Played Red Dead Multiplayer.  I had all the stuff you could get in it.  

Edited by GenericGTAO

tonko
3 hours ago, P.T. said:

Especially for any of the showdown series stuff, gun rush, etc. No one should have any advantages over others. Kinda defeats the purpose of PVP imo. Its not about skill its about having cards. Just stupid bottom line. If they wanted to just have them in Free Roam , that would be fine with me, but they have no place in showdown series stuff. 

I've been thinking about this alot lately. Some of these cards make sense in Free Roam but none of them does in PVP modes. 

1 hour ago, coach_wargo said:

Yup. RDR 1 dead eye was balanced. You had those boxes scattered through the map to refill it and that's it. No help whatsoever except those boxes and your weapon. It was all up to the player.

I miss that. Fair playing field.

Foxwolfe
6 hours ago, P.T. said:

They could have made this game so awesome online, but instead screwed it up with these " ability cards".

While I agree with you overall, for me that argument doesn't hold as much weight without free aim servers, cause even with an even no ability card playing field, auto aim gun fighting gets old fast for me. After so long I just get bored of aspects of the combat when auto aim ends up making a lot of it feel very low effort, hell even fighting NPCs is just: aim in general vicinity, slightly adjust aim or don't, shoot.

I also agree that it takes away from the game in certain regards, but at the same time helps mitigate my annoyance at being forced to play in an auto aim environment.

Granted free aim servers with no cards or free roam only cards will always be the best answer imo.

P.T.
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, tonko said:

I've been thinking about this alot lately. Some of these cards make sense in Free Roam but none of them does in PVP modes. 

Yup. RDR 1 dead eye was balanced. You had those boxes scattered through the map to refill it and that's it. No help whatsoever except those boxes and your weapon. It was all up to the player.

I miss that. Fair playing field.

I can agree, i dont mind them as much in free roam if that was the only place they worked. But i still would prefer free aim with no cards everywhere. 

10 hours ago, Foxwolfe said:

While I agree with you overall, for me that argument doesn't hold as much weight without free aim servers, cause even with an even no ability card playing field, auto aim gun fighting gets old fast for me. After so long I just get bored of aspects of the combat when auto aim ends up making a lot of it feel very low effort, hell even fighting NPCs is just: aim in general vicinity, slightly adjust aim or don't, shoot.

I also agree that it takes away from the game in certain regards, but at the same time helps mitigate my annoyance at being forced to play in an auto aim environment.

Granted free aim servers with no cards or free roam only cards will always be the best answer imo.

Yes i agree totally. Free aim with no cards is what we should have for those who hate this system they created. I'm more talking on the basis of as it seems they refuse to add free aim lobbies. I no longer believe they are going to add them ( which really sucks). Having these stupid cards ( especially in showdown series) is just flat out wrong in so many ways. I do agree as well, auto headshots is boring , even when im the one doing them. Its literrally hardly any skill involved other than aim near someone , take a extra second before shooting and press up on stick, then fire....dead everytime ( unless they have these cheat cards) . Everyone should be on a similar playing field in showdown series matches, bottom line. If we can not get free aim lobbies where it takes actual skill to kill people, then we need these cards disabled in showdown series.

And i know one arguement against FA would be , you would kill way less people in matches and thus earn less xp. There is a very simple solution for that. Make a kill worth double what it is in auto aim childsplay lobbies. 

What i do not for the life of me understand is , how can some of the greatest minds and talent in this industry who can make such a stunning game not be able to think these things thru better? Or are they things that are forced on them from above in order to cater to little johhny and his 10 12 year old friends so they can feel like they are super good at a game ( by making it so easy a little kid can do it easily) in order to keep them playing the game instead of giving up. Because the fact is those are their true target people they want more of playing , because they are more likely to buy micros.  I can not help but feel that is the real reason we are having to deal with this bs. To cater to little kids, which sucks. Why not provide options for how we like to play , so that you cater to all your fanbase not force everyone to play one way that caters to the lowest skill level group. 

Edited by P.T.

tonko
Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, P.T. said:

I can agree, i dont mind them as much in free roam if that was the only place they worked. But i still would prefer free aim with no cards everywhere. 

Yes i agree totally. Free aim with no cards is what we should have for those who hate this system they created. I'm more talking on the basis of as it seems they refuse to add free aim lobbies. I no longer believe they are going to add them ( which really sucks). Having these stupid cards ( especially in showdown series) is just flat out wrong in so many ways. I do agree as well, auto headshots is boring , even when im the one doing them. Its literrally hardly any skill involved other than aim near someone , take a extra second before shooting and press up on stick, then fire....dead everytime ( unless they have these cheat cards) . Everyone should be on a similar playing field in showdown series matches, bottom line. If we can not get free aim lobbies where it takes actual skill to kill people, then we need these cards disabled in showdown series.

And i know one arguement against FA would be , you would kill way less people in matches and thus earn less xp. There is a very simple solution for that. Make a kill worth double what it is in auto aim childsplay lobbies. 

What i do not for the life of me understand is , how can some of the greatest minds and talent in this industry who can make such a stunning game not be able to think these things thru better? Or are they things that are forced on them from above in order to cater to little johhny and his 10 12 year old friends so they can feel like they are super good at a game ( by making it so easy a little kid can do it easily) in order to keep them playing the game instead of giving up. Because the fact is those are their true target people they want more of playing , because they are more likely to buy micros.  I can not help but feel that is the real reason we are having to deal with this bs. To cater to little kids, which sucks. Why not provide options for how we like to play , so that you cater to all your fanbase not force everyone to play one way that caters to the lowest skill level group. 

RDR 1 had so many lobby choices and modes to choose from. You had Free Roam, Hardcore FR, Friendly FR, Veteran FR, Private FR, FFA, Grab the Bag, Hold your Own, Poker, Grand Prix, Gang Matches, so many amazing game modes to choose from right at the start screen. Diverse game modes that fit all player types. 

And now, we're  begging for free aim lobies and no ability card lobbies. 

Edited by tonko

In a nutshell they're not catering to the people who loved and looked forward to this game the most. The same staff that produced GTA dance clubs are now running with a western themed game. It can't work. I wonder if they even like this game or even look down on it.

tonko
2 hours ago, 1898 said:

In a nutshell they're not catering to the people who loved and looked forward to this game the most. The same staff that produced GTA dance clubs are now running with a western themed game. It can't work. I wonder if they even like this game or even look down on it.

I wondered what happened to RDR 1 online management team. They probably got fired.

Luckily, we have GTA boys in charge now. 

evergreenrider

Ability cards are about to be obsolete with the update they have planned for "spring "

Foxwolfe
Posted (edited)

Care to elaborate, or is this just a drive by is just going to confuse people? :p

Edit: nevermind I saw the R* post someone copied into another thread, uh no that doesn't mean ability cards will be obsolete but think whatever you want I guess.

Edited by Foxwolfe

SuperJude™

I can only imagine what they'll add in the future. The possibilities are endless. Why not a Faster than Lightning card that allows you superspeed for a limited time? Harder than Steel which makes you invulnerable? A card where whatever damage inflicted on you actually damages the person shooting?

Foxwolfe

I want a card that lets me wear sunglasses like good ol Jim West.

Cratoz
Posted (edited)

Cards for different things other than PvP would be cool.

Hunting perks for example. A card that gives you a chance to get more meat... FEATHERS, or a better quality pelt. That way non PvP players would also have other benefits from these cards.

Edited by Cratoz