Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
      4. Frontier Pursuits
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Diamond Casino & Resort
      2. DLC
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA IV Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA SA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA VC Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA III Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
fabiobad

[PS4] Worse pop-in since patch 1.06?

Recommended Posts

fabiobad

Did anyone has noticed worse pop-in in single player (PS4 Pro, 1080p mode) since the 1.06 patch?

A lot of foliage and shadow pop-in at short distances that I didn't noticed before, some weird one in Saint Denis too.

I played the game for like 150 hours and never noticed that much, it's just me starting looking the game differently or is this a thing?

 

I mean, I finished the game the other day, I only had to do the final mission at that point but honestly after noticing this I got bummed out by the issue and I don't think I'll continue for the 100% :/

It would be cool to have a comparison at least, I have saved some videos during the game before the patch, I could try some comparison but they are at 720p, so the quality isn't the best.

Are there other people complaining about this? Still don't know if I'm crazy or not X'D

 

Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Darealbandicoot
14 hours ago, fabiobad said:

Did anyone has noticed worse pop-in in single player (PS4 Pro, 1080p mode) since the 1.06 patch?

A lot of foliage and shadow pop-in at short distances that I didn't noticed before, some weird one in Saint Denis too.

I played the game for like 150 hours and never noticed that much, it's just me starting looking the game differently or is this a thing?

 

I mean, I finished the game the other day, I only had to do the final mission at that point but honestly after noticing this I got bummed out by the issue and I don't think I'll continue for the 100% :/

It would be cool to have a comparison at least, I have saved some videos during the game before the patch, I could try some comparison but they are at 720p, so the quality isn't the best.

Are there other people complaining about this? Still don't know if I'm crazy or not X'D

 

Thank you!

No your not crazy. Rockstar has been f*cking up and downgrading the game with every patch to try to get people to play Red Dead Online. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fabiobad
20 hours ago, Darealbandicoot said:

No your not crazy. Rockstar has been f*cking up and downgrading the game with every patch to try to get people to play Red Dead Online. 

Do you have any comparison from 1.05 to 1.06 like the one of the 1.00 to 1.03 I saw on this forum?

BTW I started playing directly by patch 1.03 (started RDR2 the 30/11) and never saw any forum before ending the game for avoid spoilers, so I really wasn't into this stuff.

From 1.03 to 1.05 there was reported downgrade for example?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Darealbandicoot
59 minutes ago, fabiobad said:

Do you have any comparison from 1.05 to 1.06 like the one of the 1.00 to 1.03 I saw on this forum?

BTW I started playing directly by patch 1.03 (started RDR2 the 30/11) and never saw any forum before ending the game for avoid spoilers, so I really wasn't into this stuff.

From 1.03 to 1.05 there was reported downgrade for example?

Yes 1.03 is when things really got bad. I don't have any comparison from 1.05 unfortunately BUT we have a thread somewhere in this section where all the differences are listed. I might do a comparison with 1.00 and 1.06 at some point though but you'll have to take mine and other forum users word on it that the pop in, draw distance, etc. Are ALL worse. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fabiobad
10 minutes ago, Darealbandicoot said:

Yes 1.03 is when things really got bad. I don't have any comparison from 1.05 unfortunately BUT we have a thread somewhere in this section where all the differences are listed. I might do a comparison with 1.00 and 1.06 at some point though but you'll have to take mine and other forum users word on it that the pop in, draw distance, etc. Are ALL worse. 

Oh well, I'm glad I didn't played the game before 1.03 at this point, otherwise I was going to notice it even more and ended up never play/finish the game.

 

Sometimes ignorance is a bless :'D

 

Thank you for your time :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RJX74

I've definitely been noticed this too. It's pretty surprising.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fabiobad

I noticed an almost total lack of anisotropic filtering too... @Darealbandicoot what do you know about this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Darealbandicoot
1 hour ago, fabiobad said:

I noticed an almost total lack of anisotropic filtering too... @Darealbandicoot what do you know about this?

Hmm. I'll have to check that out. The draw distance for the game has been downgraded so I wouldn't be surprised. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
daltontigerboy
On 3/16/2019 at 5:47 AM, Darealbandicoot said:

Hmm. I'll have to check that out. The draw distance for the game has been downgraded so I wouldn't be surprised. 

Alright, you need to stop spreading false information man. I purchased a physical disc copy of the game last month so I could do comparisons - and outside of the AO downgrade, the graphics are pretty identical. I took a screenshot of 1.00 horseshoe overlook, and then downloaded the 1.06 update, framed the shot exactly the same for a perfect comparison. Look for yourself. 

 

WtGQyM.jpg

1.00

 

WtG9TQ.jpg

1.06

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Darealbandicoot
37 minutes ago, daltontigerboy said:

Alright, you need to stop spreading false information man. I purchased a physical disc copy of the game last month so I could do comparisons - and outside of the AO downgrade, the graphics are pretty identical. I took a screenshot of 1.00 horseshoe overlook, and then downloaded the 1.06 update, framed the shot exactly the same for a perfect comparison. Look for yourself. 

 

WtGQyM.jpg

1.00

 

WtG9TQ.jpg

1.06

I'm NOT spreading false information. The draw distance is better in 1.00. Like horses being more detailed from afar. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.