Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
      4. Frontier Pursuits
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Diamond Casino & Resort
      2. DLC
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA IV Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA SA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA VC Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA III Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

MostWantedMVP

Why Sadie Adler deserves her own Story DLC

Recommended Posts

LoneWolf260

Ok guys i have a theory/speculation thing going on so .. as we know that RDR2 released on October 26, guess what also released on that day? Yes undead nightmare got released on October 26 2010. 

 

With the current state of RDO, i think that Rockstar has story dlc on hold ( at least when the beta finishes) so i think that we will see Something story related on may 18th since that would be the 8th anniversary of RDR1. 

 

Their next investor call is scheduled to be on the 16th of may, maybe well get a hint on that day too. 

 

I really feel deep down that they will give us more story Dlc! 

 

Thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Corndawg93

Own DLC, please she deserves the own damn game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ReadDeadStu

Since I never played RDR1 properly - I'm hoping for a DLC that's a remake of that. That's the one I want. But yeah, if they did a Sadie one I'd get it for sure. I'd get any DLC going. I loved every minute of RDR2 and will eagerly accept any continuation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i2sm92

For me It will be great if we have a DLC about Sadie but how about Bill Williamson & Javier Escuella ?

 

For me there’s a lot a things to do with those characters which are familiar to us as well as in RDR2, as on RDR1.

 

In the story mode, at the camp, we can hear them talk about their past like Javier Escuella when he saying why he fled Mexico, or, like Bill, when he saying he was sent back from the army for treason, but it's still unclear.

 

It would be nice to play during these periods, just before they meet Dutch Van Der Linde.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bish0p2004

How you going to carry npcs and put up on your horse though?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Guest176525326

Dutch or Micah are the only gang members DLC's I would be interested of playing. I'm not a chauvinists or anything, but I wouldn't like to be playing as a woman, it just wouldn't be right...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
~INDIO~
Posted (edited)

Definitely not.

 

Sadie was an annoyance and a sh*tty, pointless, unbelievable character that Rockstar made just to cater to the cringey feminist/weirdo trend that people are lapping up right now because it's "Cool" to do so.

Men are all dum dums and need to be told what to do by a woman, even in a western game. Obviously.

We all need some irritating, psycho widow on our shoulder to show us how to shoot a gun and put our pants on. Obviously.

 

I hate politics, but Rockstar made it political with c*nty characters like this. I wish they'd just concentrated on writing good characters like they used to.

 

I'd never buy that DLC, not in a million f*cking years.

 

Give me Uncle DLC any day

Edited by ~INDIO~
.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Journey_95
Posted (edited)

Sadie was too one note for me tbh. I liked some of her interactions with Arthur but overall her character felt forced and her development wasn't as gradual as it could have been. She was awful in the epilogue especially.

 

I want more Arthur instead but we won't get a SP DLC anyway (which I guess is fine, RDR2 is already complete and doesn't feel rushed like GTA V).

On 3/30/2019 at 2:19 PM, ~INDIO~ said:

Definitely not.

 

Sadie was an annoyance and a sh*tty, pointless, unbelievable character that Rockstar made just to cater to the cringey feminist/weirdo trend that people are lapping up right now because it's "Cool" to do so.

Men are all dum dums and need to be told what to do by a woman, even in a western game. Obviously.

We all need some some irritating, psycho widow on our shoulder to show us how to shoot a gun and put our pants on. Obviously.

 

I hate politics, but Rockstar made it political with c*nty characters like this. I wish they'd just concentrated on writing good characters like they used to.

 

I'd never buy that DLC, not in a million f*cking years.

 

Give me Uncle DLC any day

It's a good thing her character isn't that important until the last 2 chapters, otherwise she would have dragged down the whole story. But these days you basically need to add a STRONG female character, otherwise people get butthurt

Edited by Journey_95

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
~INDIO~
On 4/3/2019 at 3:37 AM, Journey_95 said:

Sadie was too one note for me tbh. I liked some of her interactions with Arthur but overall her character felt forced and her development wasn't as gradual as it could have been. She was awful in the epilogue especially.

 

I want more Arthur instead but we won't get a SP DLC anyway (which I guess is fine, RDR2 is already complete and doesn't feel rushed like GTA V).

It's a good thing her character isn't that important until the last 2 chapters, otherwise she would have dragged down the whole story. But these days you basically need to add a STRONG female character, otherwise people get butthurt

Exactly. And the dialogue in Stagecoach robbery missions that you get from Bill and Sean are even cringier. Of course Bill is always the dumb one and Tilly and Mary-Beth are just superb at everything, even robbing stages! Give me a break.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jabalous
35 minutes ago, ~INDIO~ said:

Exactly. And the dialogue in Stagecoach robbery missions that you get from Bill and Sean are even cringier. Of course Bill is always the dumb one and Tilly and Mary-Beth are just superb at everything, even robbing stages! Give me a break.

Yeah, I admit that one can smell some political correctness in the writing and character representation. Feels kinda forced, and it seems like a trend in the industry. Was there a Western gang that included the type of diversity that Dutch's gang had? Women, a child, a Mexican and a native? I know that Red Dead shouldn't only stick to real history, but I think Redemption 2 included a vision of a gang that was far away from being close to reality, but without it, the emotional Redemption story of Arthur might not have been possible or as effective. Part of me wanted another vision for the gang, which Micah also envisioned in one of the conversations with him, and that is a gang made only of a strong band of outlaws. You know, just like the real gangs back in the old west. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
~INDIO~
1 hour ago, Jabalous said:

Yeah, I admit that one can smell some political correctness in the writing and character representation. Feels kinda forced, and it seems like a trend in the industry. Was there a Western gang that included the type of diversity that Dutch's gang had? Women, a child, a Mexican and a native? I know that Red Dead shouldn't only stick to real history, but I think Redemption 2 included a vision of a gang that was far away from being close to reality, but without it, the emotional Redemption story of Arthur might not have been possible or as effective. Part of me wanted another vision for the gang, which Micah also envisioned in one of the conversations with him, and that is a gang made only of a strong band of outlaws. You know, just like the real gangs back in the old west. 

That's what I hoped for aswell. The very first image released and the trailers made out that this was going to be a proper gang, but that was just misleading.

I don't mind how there are different people of all ages there because it makes it a bit more interesting at times, I just don't like how they've relied too heavily on the current lame political correctness (horsesh*t) as filler between missions. It's like every chance they get you can see one of those sh*tty lines coming a mile away😩

I don't find riding to missions boring, I find what the characters are saying boring a lot of the time, because it's just too typical.

They might need some new writers to get involved with their next project, think they'd benefit from it. 

Hopefully people who can develop characters through the dialogue and not just pander to the latest "cool" trends

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oldsport

sadie dlc ? no thanks, id rather a blackwater dlc or a javier in mexico dlc. or even a spaghetti western dlc that takes place with a gunslinger in new austin and mexico and takes place before the cholera outbreak so that new austin is actually populated

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
horns

It would be cool to have a Sadie story.  Besides Author, I found her to be the best character in RDR2.  They should add Mexico and continue her story south of the border as DLC.  I'd love to see something that could fill in what happened between John Marston's death and Jack becoming a gunslinger,  Maybe Aunt Sadie helped care for Abigail and Jack as well as taught Jack what his father refused to teach him.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
~INDIO~

Sadie was a complete moron. Do you really think that hot-headed chump could help Abigail and Jack? You're dreaming son

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DirtCheap

No way.

 

After what she did to my boy Mr. Bullard, she deserves nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cutter De Blanc
Posted (edited)
On 4/5/2019 at 8:43 AM, DirtCheap said:

No way.

 

After what she did to my boy Mr. Bullard, she deserves nothing.

It left a really bitter taste in my mouth the way she will shoot Cleet even if you choose to spare him

 

Violent thuggish asshole, that woman

Edited by Cutter De Blanc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
UnexpectedParole
On 4/15/2019 at 12:04 PM, Cutter De Blanc said:

It left a really bitter taste in my mouth the way she will shoot Cleet even if you choose to spare him

 

Violent thuggish asshole, that woman

I do agree that one bothered me too.

 

I understood the rage with the O'Driscolls and wanting to eliminate them all. Including the stupid move killing the guy at the hanging. Ill advised, but understandable. Same with the Shady Bell battle , hunting O'Driscolls during the Guarma vacation and the Hanging Dog Ranch. but that was all O'Driscoll related

I understood brutality with the Lemoyne Raiders during those missions and if Cleet had been a Raider I might have gotten close to understanding that.

I understand tracking down Micah and killing the rat.

-But-

The only thing Cleet did that I can see was to side with Micah against Arthur and John. And since that was with Dutch, Bill, and Javier too, why is he at fault for any of it? He certainly didn't owe John or Arthur any loyalty.

 

Obviously I read too much into the theory that  Sadie and Arthur had a love story that got dropped. But that is the only thing that makes any sense to resolve her level of reaction for me. Arthur being the 2nd best man next to her Jake she'd ever met. Being upset that he facilitated Arthur's death that would make sense maybe.

Though she doesn't got after Dutch who is clearly more responsible than Cleet for that. Who knows eh?

 

as for her being a violent thuggish asshole, I'm not 100% there with you. But I can definitely understand why you could think so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oldsport

id honestly rather play as micah in a dlc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dark Rosewood Varnish
Posted (edited)
On 4/15/2019 at 6:04 PM, Cutter De Blanc said:

It left a really bitter taste in my mouth the way she will shoot Cleet even if you choose to spare him

 

Violent thuggish asshole, that woman

 

Yet you play through the story as Arthur doing violent thuggish things, why's being violent such an issue all of a sudden when it's Sadie?

 

Not to mention Cleet was riding with Micah who snitched on the whole crew, he deserved everything he got.

Edited by Dark Rosewood Varnish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
owenomac
On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 12:09 AM, MostWantedMVP said:

hTouYA0.png

 

 

As you know we learned Sadie's story throughout the game, she went from a distressed widow to badass outlaw. Many fans of the Red Dead series including myself would like to see a Sadie spin-off story, playing as Rockstar Games first female protagonist. The Story could take place after the events of RDR2's main story or after Sadie leaves Marston Ranch at the end of the Epilogue. There could be so many great story's to be told about Sadie's bounty hunting missions, introducing new characters and returning faces like Charles or even some cameos from RDR like Irish or Nigel West Dickens that were never seen in RDR2.

 

What would you like to see in a Sadie Adler Story Expansion?

I would like to see her killed off, and a character so annoyingly poor never written again.

Are you obsessed with her because she's cyber cute?

 

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 8:32 AM, Corndawg93 said:

Own DLC, please she deserves the own damn game

Lay off the crack pipe son. That would be awful. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GinsengElixir

Would honestly rather an Uncle DLC, drinking our way through every bottle of rum, whisky and gin we come across, than a Sadie DLC.

 

Nothing against playing as a Woman, enjoyed Tomb raider, playing as Ellie(and will in the sequel) in TLOU, it's just that I couldn't care less for the character. Very poor character arc. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
owenomac
On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 6:31 AM, Jimbatron said:

I like the Sadie character and think she’d make a good protagonist. It would be refreshing to have a female character in the lead too.

 

However, it probably won’t happen. As you point out Sadie leaves the area altogether, which means you’d need a new map. And sadly I just don’t see that happening. I would be frankly amazed if they haven’t moved all their artists on to GTA VI already.

 

We might, just might, get Mexico added however, since they just need to remaster it, rather than create it from scratch. I don’t think that area is enough for a full Sadie story. However, perhaps you could start by seeing what she was doing between Chaper VI and the Epilogue (including her tracking Micah down whilst John is doing other stuff). You could then have her story moving on to Mexico - she says she might head down to South America so she’s got to go that way.

 

Thats just about viable I think but I wouldn’t get my hopes up.

Nah. 

"refreshing" - wut? Explain this. 

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 7:08 PM, Dark Rosewood Varnish said:

 

Yet you play through the story as Arthur doing violent thuggish things, why's being violent such an issue all of a sudden when it's Sadie?

 

Not to mention Cleet was riding with Micah who snitched on the whole crew, he deserved everything he got.

Arthur and Sadie are completely different. 

Arthur has been a slinger since he was young, Sadie was/is a tiny lady who was married. Bad sh*t doesn't turn you into a terminator. I get it made her hard, but at least make her lose her mind or something instead of a "look at me, I'm a tough wamen" character with absolutely 0 substance. 

Playing her epilogue missions was a very bad ending to a wonderful game. I wish we spent more time with Charles and Lenny, instead of this agenda tool. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MostWantedMVP

I think Sadie is a badass. Rockstar could have made her into the love interest, but they didn't for a reason. She stands on her own two feet.

 

I've been a fan of hers since the trailer, but if I had to pick out of Sadie or Karen that would be a tough one. I think they're both equally badass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jimbatron
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, owenomac said:

Nah. 

"refreshing" - wut? Explain this. 

Arthur and Sadie are completely different. 

Arthur has been a slinger since he was young, Sadie was/is a tiny lady who was married. Bad sh*t doesn't turn you into a terminator. I get it made her hard, but at least make her lose her mind or something instead of a "look at me, I'm a tough wamen" character with absolutely 0 substance. 

Playing her epilogue missions was a very bad ending to a wonderful game. I wish we spent more time with Charles and Lenny, instead of this agenda tool. 

 

Sadie said she shared all the tasks with Jake. So presumably that meant she was able to handle weapons and proficient at hunting. Which given they lived on a remote ranch isn’t hard to believe. She’s obviously depressed in Chapter 2 but then snaps out of it. If you go down the “I don’t care if I live or die route” and can handle a gun then that’s going to make the character as hard as the next one. It’s not as if she suddenly acquires specialist skills like Charles’ ability with the bow or Tomahawk.

 

What do you mean by “Agenda”?

Edited by Jimbatron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
owenomac
1 hour ago, Jimbatron said:

Sadie said she shared all the tasks with Jake. So presumably that meant she was able to handle weapons and proficient at hunting. Which given they lived on a remote ranch isn’t hard to believe. She’s obviously depressed in Chapter 2 but then snaps out of it. If you go down the “I don’t care if I live or die route” and can handle a gun then that’s going to make the character as hard as the next one. It’s not as if she suddenly acquires specialist skills like Charles’ ability with the bow or Tomahawk.

 

What do you mean by “Agenda”?

Are you being disingenuous? There is an agenda within the gaming industry to do with female characters. It's hard to not notice this. Plus Rockstar got sh*t for simply representing reality, albeit in a funny way in GTA V. "Where are all the strong waaaamen" SjW's cried didn't they? So I was wondering if Sadie is their response. Would make sense, because she's a bit over the top. She's a more effective killer than all of the other gang members, despite being a small female, she also talks like she's in charge.

I'm not sure if she is deliberately portrayed as stupid, or if her character is a tool for *that* agenda. 

If so, they didn't need her at all. As the other women were way more interesting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
happygrowls
9 hours ago, MostWantedMVP said:

I think Sadie is a badass. Rockstar could have made her into the love interest, but they didn't for a reason. She stands on her own two feet.

I believe the reasons why are simple.

 

Arthur was in love with Mary and could not let go of her (similarly to Johnny from Lost and Damned with Ashley).

 

Plus I believe that Sadie would have stayed loyal to Jake to the end.

 

Apparently there were going to be two different love interests to chose from, probably Mary/Sadie. Though I believe Sadie saw Arthur more as her best friend in the gang, considering he helped her out of the ranch, and cared for her throughout the Chapters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Guest176525326
Posted (edited)
On 5/13/2019 at 9:55 AM, happygrowls said:

I believe the reasons why are simple.

 

Arthur was in love with Mary and could not let go of her (similarly to Johnny from Lost and Damned with Ashley).

 

Plus I believe that Sadie would have stayed loyal to Jake to the end.

 

Apparently there were going to be two different love interests to chose from, probably Mary/Sadie. Though I believe Sadie saw Arthur more as her best friend in the gang, considering he helped her out of the ranch, and cared for her throughout the Chapters.

Deep down Arthur wanted to bang her and Sadie wanted it to happen as well... but Mr. Morgan just didn’t have the balls to do it, nor the balls to kill Micah earlier in the game, nor the balls to go against Dutch. In fact all he did was preach and moan

Edited by Guest176525326

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grotti Vigilante
23 hours ago, O.Z said:

Deep down Arthur wanted to bang her and Sadie wanted it to happen as well... but Mr. Morgan just didn’t have the balls to do it, nor the balls to kill Micah earlier in the game, nor the balls to go against Dutch. In fact all he did was preach and moan

Arthur had no reason to kill Micah earlier in the game. It had nothing to do with lacking the balls to do it. Disliking him is not good enough as a reason, and unlike Micah he’s not just a blind murderer. As for Dutch, he was going against him the minute he saw through his rubbish. Arthur’s loyalty may make him look cowardly, but it takes more courage to stand up to your friends and those you’re loyal to than your enemies. In the end Arthur and John were the bravest of the lot by standing by each other even when outnumbered against old partners, including their father figure of all people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
El Payaso

I would rather play as a tumbleweed.

On 5/13/2019 at 9:52 AM, owenomac said:

Are you being disingenuous? There is an agenda within the gaming industry to do with female characters. It's hard to not notice this. Plus Rockstar got sh*t for simply representing reality, albeit in a funny way in GTA V. "Where are all the strong waaaamen" SjW's cried didn't they? So I was wondering if Sadie is their response. Would make sense, because she's a bit over the top. She's a more effective killer than all of the other gang members, despite being a small female, she also talks like she's in charge.

I'm not sure if she is deliberately portrayed as stupid, or if her character is a tool for *that* agenda. 

If so, they didn't need her at all. As the other women were way more interesting. 

They love to act oblivious about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jimbatron
On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 9:52 AM, owenomac said:

There is an agenda within the gaming industry to do with female characters. It's hard to not notice this.

Utter rubbish - your statement reads like that of a man who is afraid of women.

 

Sure there's probably been a push to get more female characters with more varied roles in games recently but they've generally been under-represented since the inception of computer games, and still are. To describe a few female characters who can wield a gun as an agenda (as if it's some grand conspiracy) is bordering on paranoia to be honest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.