Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. Gameplay
      2. Missions
      3. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Arena War
      2. After Hours
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA Next

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

  • 0
Sign in to follow this  
computertech82

Not getting paid, can't store stolen cars

Question

computertech82

Was not having issues, until this week. Getting errors of syncing. ZERO internet speed problems, ZERO packets loss. Will not allow to store cars I have stolen and stored before. Now i'm NOT getting paid when doing jobs/missing. This is pissing me off. How about a fix?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

18 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
darkphoenix77
Posted (edited)
On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 4:47 PM, computertech82 said:

Was not having issues, until this week. Getting errors of syncing. ZERO internet speed problems, ZERO packets loss. Will not allow to store cars I have stolen and stored before. Now i'm NOT getting paid when doing jobs/missing. This is pissing me off. How about a fix?

I have noticed this today especially.....I have easily lost out on at least 200k while grinding the Sightseer mission....it seems like every other time it comes up with a message about not maintaining a stable connection to Rockstar servers try again....upon leaving the message the mission ends with no payment actually added to bank amount.  Really, really annoying....about to fill out a support ticket but not sure it will do any good.  Edit:  Apparently I can't do that either as the Rockstar Games website won't load....seriously annoyed....I hope they reimburse people having this issue 😐

 

Edit #2:  I just filled out a ticket, so hopefully they will fix the issue.  Problem still persists today unfortunately....

 

Edit #3:  I got reimbursed $250,000 today for the money I missed out on and the inconvenience....I assume Rockstar is now aware of the problem and are hopefully working to resolve it as with now multiple people having the same issue it significantly increases the probability that it is a problem on their end.  I lost out on $90,000 yesterday approximately as Sightseer mission failed 4 times  (3 times completed) and Simeon stiffed me on a delivered vehicle (Ocelot F620).  Not to mention the random pedestrians who failed to bequeath me their belongings upon an untimely death.  Admittedly yesterday was an improvement over the day before, even if still missing out on some of the mission rewards with it happening less frequently.

Edited by darkphoenix77

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
FnGonner
Posted (edited)

I've been having random sync issues for the past 3 or 4 days... no problems with internet connection.

 

It's been getting more frequent and here lately it has been dumping me out to single player.

 

I did the two step verification last night hoping that it would fix it... but that would be a negative.

 

 

Edited by FnGonner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
computertech82

Wow. so i'm not the only one having this issue. Yea, getting 'unable to maintain connection to server', but yet I don't get kicked out of the game, if doing missions it will continue without pay, and will not allow me to store any stolen car. But yet will allow me to drive any of my cars into the garage, no issue. And it doesn't look like rockstar bothers admining their own forums. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
flybar

For the past few days I started having problems too. Got random message "the gta online session is having trouble syncing important catalogue data with the server...". Tried clear cache, reinstall Social Club but nothing fixes it so far...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
FnGonner
1 hour ago, flybar said:

For the past few days I started having problems too. Got random message "the gta online session is having trouble syncing important catalogue data with the server...". Tried clear cache, reinstall Social Club but nothing fixes it so far...

Same... thought that it might be my internet or router, but but I never drop connection... just random sync errors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
computertech82
Posted (edited)

Today I got the error 'gta online session is having trouble syncing important catalog data with the server', kicked my to story mode, but before i could move the character, connect online fine again. and it really does look like rockstar doesn't bother monitoring/checking the forums at all.

 

I sent a trouble ticket, they just bs'ed they need a video for a message on the screen. Pretty stupid response.

Edited by computertech82

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
darkphoenix77
On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 12:15 AM, computertech82 said:

Today I got the error 'gta online session is having trouble syncing important catalog data with the server', kicked my to story mode, but before i could move the character, connect online fine again. and it really does look like rockstar doesn't bother monitoring/checking the forums at all.

 

I sent a trouble ticket, they just bs'ed they need a video for a message on the screen. Pretty stupid response.

The last rep I got had me try the whole delete/reinstall Social Club thing, I got 2 hours of no lost money but it didn't fix the issue.  I am now up to 21 times that the Sightseer mission has failed over the last 3 days, plus a Simeon fail once and a Stunt Race fail once.  The total approximate money lost out on over the last 3 days is roughly $490,000 and I have a sinking feeling that this time I won't be reimbursed.  I am disabled so I spend a lot of time playing this game but if I lose out on that much money over an issue that isn't my fault I may need to switch to another game to occupy my time for a while.

 

Edit:  Strike that.....$513,000 approximately now as Sightseer just failed to pay out again (sigh) :(

 

Edit #2:  Well, I just got reimbursed some of the money....$400,000.  They want me to take video of it happening to investigate it further, but not really sure how to go about that.  Can't complain too much $400,000 is better than nothing but I have been playing 6-8 hours a day the past week grinding to get some of the more expensive vehicles in game and to fill my CEO spaces and it is something I know will not go away but will indeed happen seemingly at random.

Edited by darkphoenix77
update

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Willy A. Jeep

I suppose I took the right week to take a break from GTA Online, seeing this thread. But yeah, when I loaded back in earlier - there's that "unable to maintain connection" splash, though I am able to sell/store cars, and receive certain payouts (like Nightclub Promotions). But when I went to do Client Jobs, it wouldn't pay out, and the message came up again. Curiously, I also noticed my Daily Objectives haven't updated - they're all still marked as completed - since I last played.

 

I agree that it sounds like it's on Rockstar's end, considering the connection to sessions isn't suffering, and seeing it's a bit more widespread than isolated cases. I saw a few reports on the Rockstar site, too. Hope it's fixed soon, I'm anticipating some big spending when the next update drops, and I need to save up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
darkphoenix77
6 hours ago, Willy A. Jeep said:

I suppose I took the right week to take a break from GTA Online, seeing this thread. But yeah, when I loaded back in earlier - there's that "unable to maintain connection" splash, though I am able to sell/store cars, and receive certain payouts (like Nightclub Promotions). But when I went to do Client Jobs, it wouldn't pay out, and the message came up again. Curiously, I also noticed my Daily Objectives haven't updated - they're all still marked as completed - since I last played.

 

I agree that it sounds like it's on Rockstar's end, considering the connection to sessions isn't suffering, and seeing it's a bit more widespread than isolated cases. I saw a few reports on the Rockstar site, too. Hope it's fixed soon, I'm anticipating some big spending when the next update drops, and I need to save up.

 

Definitely, today has been just awful....I had the Sightseer mission fail to pay out the reward 7 times alone today with yesterday also being 7 times as well as having a stunt race fail to pay out once for the tune of $12,900 as I came in 2nd in a rather large field of supercars.  I have filled out 3 tickets with Rockstar and they have been good with reimbursing me, but the last time they said they wanted video evidence if it keeps happening......I am uploading 6 videos to YouTube now to prove the fact.  I started each video recording 1 mile away from last pickup and then after the payout failure I continued recording my drive back to Los Santos so they can see that I never dropped connection so it is definitely not on my end.  After tonight I am now approximately $274,000 less rich than I should be (which would be about $280,000 as I am broke trying to upgrade a Deveste Eight), hopefully they will take the 6 videos as evidence to reimburse all of it.  I also in my last ticket survey fillout mentioned this thread in the hopes that someone at Rockstar takes the time to read it and realizes that it isn't an isolated incident.  I just want to add that it doesn't happen all the time....just about a third of the time maybe a little less.  Still...often enough to be a major annoyance.

 

Edited by darkphoenix77

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
computertech82
I'm still getting the 'copy and paste' remarks from rockstar. I tried to restate my issues on the ticket saying:
 
When enabling the hidden JOBS missions, I keep choosing to hide the stunt races, but it keeps enabling itself. IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT I HIDE OR ENABLE, STUNT RACES KEEPS ENABLING ITSELF WHEN I KEEP DISABLING IT. NO VIDEO NEEDED.
 
Also, when trying to store stolen cars in my garage, or run a race, or play a mission, I randomly get the error 'unable to maintain connection to server'. THE GAME CONTINUES ON LIKE I NEVER DISCONNECTED. I'm losing a lot of money because of this. I've checked my internet connection, no packets loss, low ping times. Even reset the winsock. No other online game has errors, just yours. AGAIN, NO VIDEO NEEDED.
 
And last getting RANDOM WHEN STARTING THE GAME, "gta online session is having trouble syncing important catalog data with the server". Sometimes I do NOT get the error. AGAIN, NO VIDEO NEEDED.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
darkphoenix77
31 minutes ago, computertech82 said:
I'm still getting the 'copy and paste' remarks from rockstar. I tried to restate my issues on the ticket saying:
 
When enabling the hidden JOBS missions, I keep choosing to hide the stunt races, but it keeps enabling itself. IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT I HIDE OR ENABLE, STUNT RACES KEEPS ENABLING ITSELF WHEN I KEEP DISABLING IT. NO VIDEO NEEDED.
 
Also, when trying to store stolen cars in my garage, or run a race, or play a mission, I randomly get the error 'unable to maintain connection to server'. THE GAME CONTINUES ON LIKE I NEVER DISCONNECTED. I'm losing a lot of money because of this. I've checked my internet connection, no packets loss, low ping times. Even reset the winsock. No other online game has errors, just yours. AGAIN, NO VIDEO NEEDED.
 
And last getting RANDOM WHEN STARTING THE GAME, "gta online session is having trouble syncing important catalog data with the server". Sometimes I do NOT get the error. AGAIN, NO VIDEO NEEDED.

 

It seems like a lot of the response you get depends on what service rep you get....some seem to be accommodating and some seem to be completely lazy and useless with copy paste responses and an attitude that pretty much says "stop bothering me".  Lately I have been lucky but in the past I have gotten the lazy copy/paste responses that you describe.

 

 

Edited by darkphoenix77

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
computertech82

And it seems I ran into a 4th issue, when joining martin "dispatch' missions, I get moved on the map NOT where the martin markers are and stuck at loading. Weird part is I get a message you will be booted for being idle, while waiting for it.  It even allows me to open the menu and exit the session.  And after finally playing a martian mission with others, I completely lose the connection on the online session. First time that happened.

NOTE: I HAVE HAD IT SOMETIMES GET STUCK ON LOADING BEFORE, BUT NO WAY TO ACCESS ANY MENU. AND I'M USING GTA 5 STEAM VERSION. I re-verify files with steam twice now. And rechecked my connection for any ping loss, jitters, or pauses, ZERO issues showing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
darkphoenix77
1 hour ago, computertech82 said:

And it seems I ran into a 4th issue, when joining martin "dispatch' missions, I get moved on the map NOT where the martin markers are and stuck at loading. Weird part is I get a message you will be booted for being idle, while waiting for it.  It even allows me to open the menu and exit the session.  And after finally playing a martian mission with others, I completely lose the connection on the online session. First time that happened.

NOTE: I HAVE HAD IT SOMETIMES GET STUCK ON LOADING BEFORE, BUT NO WAY TO ACCESS ANY MENU. AND I'M USING GTA 5 STEAM VERSION. I re-verify files with steam twice now. And rechecked my connection for any ping loss, jitters, or pauses, ZERO issues showing.

 

That is weird, I don't do Madrazo's missions so would not have seen this one....truly odd though...the game has been borked for a week now....they really need to find time to take the servers offline with notice being given to everyone to fix all these game issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Rez090

What platforms are experiencing these issues? Every post, no one has said what platform is affected. Pretty key piece of info to leave out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
computertech82

I found out yesterday, the errors I was getting with the martin issues WAS FROM THE ROCKSTAR SERVERS CRASHING AND CAUSING ERRORS FOR SEVERAL HOURS. Pretty pathetic when rockstar doesn't even know what's going on with itself. I think It's pretty save to say ALL MY ERRORS IS FROM THE ROCKSTAR SERVERS NOT BEING STABLE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
darkphoenix77
1 hour ago, computertech82 said:

I found out yesterday, the errors I was getting with the martin issues WAS FROM THE ROCKSTAR SERVERS CRASHING AND CAUSING ERRORS FOR SEVERAL HOURS. Pretty pathetic when rockstar doesn't even know what's going on with itself. I think It's pretty save to say ALL MY ERRORS IS FROM THE ROCKSTAR SERVERS NOT BEING STABLE.

The platform I am on is PC...….but in response to you computertech82, I agree...I honestly think they were down yesterday to try and fix them....so far today (knock on wood) I have not had 1 mission payout failure.  I also got reimbursed the rest of what I was shorted from the mission payout fails, most likely because I posted 6 videos to YouTube as evidence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
computertech82
1 hour ago, darkphoenix77 said:

The platform I am on is PC...….but in response to you computertech82, I agree...I honestly think they were down yesterday to try and fix them....so far today (knock on wood) I have not had 1 mission payout failure.  I also got reimbursed the rest of what I was shorted from the mission payout fails, most likely because I posted 6 videos to YouTube as evidence.

 

I ran several rc races today, zero errors so far. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Rez090

@darkphoenix77@computertech82So phoenix was pc, computer were you also on pc? Asking because I've been playing GTA on XB1 all week with no issues. That leads to me assuming that it is just the pc platform that was affected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.