1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

The Occasional  Outlaw

Is RDO really that bad?

GenericGTAO
3 minutes ago, Labovasha said:

You still are not making sense.

You just tied to use the sales as proof that single player was worth the 60$ price but you can't play online without buying the game.Even if you ignore how stupid it is to appeal to popularity when discussion a video game, your logic cannot work.

What was that?  You don't need to try and make assumptions about what I would do with my money or what I think.

How old are you, really?

The sales numbers prove without question that the $60 price tag is a fair price.  Online is separate game.  Buy 1 Get 1 Free...ever heard of it?  It called a marketing tactic, to get you to buy again later on by encouraging a dependency on a brand.  Hmmm, what does that sound like?  Uh microtransactions, which apparently is what you love....enjoy buying all the gold bars.  Thanks for buying single player though and keeping R* a profitable company.  Hopefully, they wont give your misunderstood complaints as much time as I have.  PS. keep up the failed logical reasoning lines, it really seems to be working.  

Foxwolfe

I get the point you're trying to make with this but you're falsely claiming that online is a separate game. It was developed together at the same time as the story mode and is not available to purchase as a stand alone game. The online component is part of RDR2 and GTA5, stop trying to use it as an example of something it's not. 

GTAFanClub

I like it but of course it could be a lot better and it most likely will with time. I know a lot of people aren't a fan of the PVP modes but I have a lot of fun with them and can spend hours just playing that without having any problems. I wish there was more incentives to grind out the awards though, like getting special clothing items for completing certain awards. Overall in my opinion Red Dead Online is good but not a whole lot to offer.

Labovasha
3 hours ago, GenericGTAO said:

The sales numbers prove without question that the $60 price tag is a fair price.  Online is separate game.  Buy 1 Get 1 Free...ever heard of it?  It called a marketing tactic, to get you to buy again later on by encouraging a dependency on a brand.  Hmmm, what does that sound like?  Uh microtransactions, which apparently is what you love....enjoy buying all the gold bars.  Thanks for buying single player though and keeping R* a profitable company.  Hopefully, they wont give your misunderstood complaints as much time as I have.  PS. keep up the failed logical reasoning lines, it really seems to be working.  

I honestly can't tell if you are trying to troll or lack english comprehension or young or just plain dumb. The internet has made the lines too blurry. 

You are not making much sense. I don't even know what you are trying to say half the time. What complaints and what do they have to do with what we were talking about?

The sales number only indicates how many people bought the game, it says nothing about whether or not the single played mode was worth the standard price alone. You cannot play online without buying the game. It's a video game, there is no wrong way to play it.

We already went over this twice, Whatever marketing strategy you are talking about does not dictate reality. The online is not a seperate game, that is factually incorrect even if Rockstar wanted to make that claim themselves, that would just make them liars. I also mention nothing about my spending habits but yes I have a copy of RDR2 which has a single player mode.

How old are you? 

Tha-Jamz
3 hours ago, Foxwolfe said:

I get the point you're trying to make with this but you're falsely claiming that online is a separate game. It was developed together at the same time as the story mode and is not available to purchase as a stand alone game. The online component is part of RDR2 and GTA5, stop trying to use it as an example of something it's not. 

Online is not a separate game, its a game mode that was unlocked at a later time.

You didnt buy it seperate and like in Red Dead Redemption 1 part of the game.

The online mode in RDR1 was great, with coop, private sessions and/or pvp in it.

Rockstar dropped the ball on the online mode in RDR2, they should have made it like it was in RDR1.

They told us that they would use the good parts from RDR1 and that they had learned so much from GTAV blabla, but its just lies...

GenericGTAO
Posted (edited)

@laboshava millions of people bought a luxury item because it was fairly priced.  Not only that but it was the number selling game in 2018.  R* probably could have charged 80 or 90 for the standard edition.  They would have gotten killed in the media for not sticking to current pricing model, but they still would have sold millions of games.  I am not going to explain economics to a moron on a gaming forum.  But if your good is the number 1 selling version of the good in a year, its almost a given that the good is fairly priced.  Other factors could cause large sales for certain types of goods, but RDR2 is a luxury item.  Simply looking at current game prices would be another easy way to determine a fair price, I have already addressed that, and yet you accuse me of being stupid... seems like a lot of projection at this point.   

Are you actually from Egypt?  Please be from Egypt.

Maybe Buy 1 Get 1 Free isn't a thing there. 

But in America, when something is included in a product, it does not necessarily mean you are paying for the inclusion of a feature.  Sometimes, in goods an expectation is set outside of individual company's control or by its market competitors, that creates a necessary cost for a company to meet the expectations of consumers, so people actually buy the product.  This is exactly what is going on with RDR2 if R* could get away with charging for the SP and then selling RDO separate, they probably would.  But they would get killed because no other competitor does that.  Including it as free to play add on, actually obscures the cost of the inevitable microtransactions included in RDO which means more people are willing to pay for the micros, because they got something for free upfront.  Which they absolutely did get RDO as a free feature because the market price of a new high quality title is $60.  And before you rush to say every game has online, God of War doesn't...not sure of its release price but it was probably $60, Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild, a $60 release, does not have online.

Please be from Egypt...that would make my day.

Edited by GenericGTAO

Foxwolfe

Dude you sound f*cking ridiculous, it's part of RDR2, get over it. That fact isn't going to change regardless of how much verbal diarrhea you type out in these posts.

El Payaso
On 3/13/2019 at 5:10 AM, Labovasha said:

No and It's terrible.This game was designed by actual crackheads, must have.

Putting glitches and bugs aside, the game still just horrible the way it is right now and what makes it so bad is rockstar intended for it to be that way (if not they are legitimately stupid as a game developer).

There is so much indefensible crap in the online mode it is ridiculous.

I tried to play earlier and ended up pushing the power button after 10 minutes. Literally just join a lobby and rode halfway across the map before getting disconnected, clicked free roam in the menu and as soon as I spawned in a posse of 5 red dots immediately shot me. I parlayed, got on my horse and rode a few feet and got a message saying I was targeted for assassination,*quit,

All I wanted was to do was get to a town and see what the updated added. I have to admit it is funny seeing rockstar try these bad faith updates because they clearly don't care about fixing the issues pertaining to community toxicity.

-

So much this. All they care about is PvP and encouraging toxic behavior. I'm not gonna take part in that crap. Any hope of this being a true realistic Western was dashed a long time ago.

tonko
6 hours ago, Tha-Jamz said:

The online mode in RDR1 was great, with coop, private sessions and/or pvp in it.

Rockstar dropped the ball on the online mode in RDR2, they should have made it like it was in RDR1.

They told us that they would use the good parts from RDR1 and that they had learned so much from GTAV blabla, but its just lies...

Yeah, they did say that, i remember. Liars.

GenericGTAO
7 hours ago, Foxwolfe said:

Dude you sound f*cking ridiculous, it's part of RDR2, get over it. That fact isn't going to change regardless of how much verbal diarrhea you type out in these posts.

Dude, maybe you should like understand how markets work...before you like...um open your mouth..https://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/01/business/toys-to-cost-extra-in-san-francisco-happy-meals.html

Here a good of example of giving something free, to induce a purchase..RDO samething.

Foxwolfe

All you're doing is helping my argument by using examples that don't make good analogies to video games, I mean happy meals, really?

What's next you're gonna tell me that the online component to Halo is actually a stand alone game they've included as a buy one get one free to entice sales? Oh sorry does that one not count since they didn't give the multiplayer component it's own name like "Halo Online"? It's the exact same concept, many games have been developed as having a story mode and an online multiplayer component, of course it has the added effect of driving sales, because people like playing games with each other. Doesn't mean it's now multiple different games bundled together, it's the same game with multiple components.

It's not a hard concept to grasp, but you can't concede an argument apparently so what other links to help not prove your points do you have next?

GenericGTAO
Posted (edited)

RDO is the equivalent of a happy meal toy.  Welcome to the real world.

If it has a single player game, then any games online addition is a inducement.  If you never play online, you are not out nothing.  If as in COD, the single player is lack luster or non existent, you may actually be paying an upfront cost for an online game.  Its not unheard of, but RDR2 is not an example of that.

Edited by GenericGTAO

Madvillain

It's fun to me especially reading the Bitch & Moan threads

Labovasha
12 hours ago, GenericGTAO said:

@laboshava millions of people bought a luxury item because it was fairly priced.  Not only that but it was the number selling game in 2018.  R* probably could have charged 80 or 90 for the standard edition.  They would have gotten killed in the media for not sticking to current pricing model, but they still would have sold millions of games.  I am not going to explain economics to a moron on a gaming forum.  But if your good is the number 1 selling version of the good in a year, its almost a given that the good is fairly priced.  Other factors could cause large sales for certain types of goods, but RDR2 is a luxury item.  Simply looking at current game prices would be another easy way to determine a fair price, I have already addressed that, and yet you accuse me of being stupid... seems like a lot of projection at this point.   

Are you actually from Egypt?  Please be from Egypt.

Maybe Buy 1 Get 1 Free isn't a thing there. 

But in America, when something is included in a product, it does not necessarily mean you are paying for the inclusion of a feature.  Sometimes, in goods an expectation is set outside of individual company's control or by its market competitors, that creates a necessary cost for a company to meet the expectations of consumers, so people actually buy the product.  This is exactly what is going on with RDR2 if R* could get away with charging for the SP and then selling RDO separate, they probably would.  But they would get killed because no other competitor does that.  Including it as free to play add on, actually obscures the cost of the inevitable microtransactions included in RDO which means more people are willing to pay for the micros, because they got something for free upfront.  Which they absolutely did get RDO as a free feature because the market price of a new high quality title is $60.  And before you rush to say every game has online, God of War doesn't...not sure of its release price but it was probably $60, Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild, a $60 release, does not have online.

Please be from Egypt...that would make my day.

Ok now we are kind of getting somewhere because your last point was actually coherent enough to follow. You do not have to explain "economics" anything to me, please don't because I do not need the brain damage. Yes, I am from egypt but now I identify as american, I am american and understand how things are done. Have no clue about why nationality would make your day.......

By the way I never said you were stupid. I said I am not not sure if you are a none english speaker or just very young or dumb. I am trying to be fair and not assume you are an idiot. none english speakers jumble their words, If that's the case then it's fine. children use word salads to sound intelligent when trying to make an argument.

Yes people like you got fooled by obvious  and misleading "marketing" tricks. As far as I know officially everyone got "access to RDO for free" if they bought RDD2.  Well this does nothing to negate the fact that it is still all just one game. That "feature" point could be applied to anything really some would say you are just paying for a license to play a game een if you bought a physical disk so you are not buying anything that is in the game. I'm not sure what you are on about with microtransactions because it is standard to have the in full priced games.  

If you ask me I think they wanted to instigate that mentality to protect their review scores and reputation. They know if they did not go out of their way to do this then people would say something about a game launching with a broken online and and very few would possibly postpone reviews so they could give a more accurate critique which would have tanked thoes precious review scores. Rockstar is very self aware and conscious about how people perceive their games. They also care about image A LOT. Plus there were so many delays.

Some years ago there was this small youtuber that went by the name hard  times or something like that. This person would get invite to events held by rockstar and was a big fan. When GTA online was released and this person stated how the had a poor experience with the multiplayer rockstar sent them goodies which include an upgraded version of the game, encouraging them to re-evaluate the game. I think they still crapped on the game and probably no longer got free stuff with rockstars logo on them.

Rockstar tries very hard to protect their image and are probably aware of how insane and stupid their core fanbase is so they decided to play these stupid word games and pretend like they are doing some nice pro consumer stuff and let their fans and these so called "gaming journalist" take off with it. Years ago the developers made a comments about wanting to expand on the multiplayer in the future to be like or have MMO qualities and include stuff like entire game worlds with countries. There were people who would literally argued that GTaO was a free to play MMO because of this, not MMO like but an actual MMO rpg.

These things just are not true. Again marketing tricks are just tricks.  Look at them like david blaine or something,. 

Lonely-Martin
2 hours ago, GenericGTAO said:

RDO is the equivalent of a happy meal toy.  Welcome to the real world.

It really isn't, lol.

You can buy a burger, fries, or drink from a happy meal individually without needing to buy a happy meal. Might cost more, but that's the point, it becomes a package deal if you do and works out cheaper. Can even buy the toy too, only costs a pound for a happy meal toy here instead of 2.50 for the whole package.

Can't buy RDRO without buying story mode and vice versa, both are part of the initial costs. Both modes come for a good price in my opinion, but you can't split the package like we can with a happy meal.

2 hours ago, GenericGTAO said:

If it has a single player game, then any games online addition is a inducement.  If you never play online, you are not out nothing.  If as in COD, the single player is lack luster or non existent, you may actually be paying an upfront cost for an online game.  Its not unheard of, but RDR2 is not an example of that.

And this certainly doesn't help your point dude, it does the exact opposite if anything, lol. If COD's single player is lackluster to a player but they want it for online, they have to pay for both.

This game is the same, RDR2's story mode might prove lackluster for a player but online might appeal through being multiplayer. So they do like that COD player and equally pay upfront for their online game of it here. Reading the RDR2 section here alone proves the story was lackluster for some.

How come with one game it's a free bonus (RDR2) and in another it's part of the costs upfront (COD)? We buy these games and they come with 2 modes, it's no different for either. If one part is lackluster and one part enjoyed, neither is out anything and got their game of it, and if we enjoy both story and online, we get more for our money. :)

Maddened_Ghost

Yes, terrible.

GenericGTAO
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Lonely-Martin said:

It really isn't, lol.

You can buy a burger, fries, or drink from a happy meal individually without needing to buy a happy meal. Might cost more, but that's the point, it becomes a package deal if you do and works out cheaper. Can even buy the toy too, only costs a pound for a happy meal toy here instead of 2.50 for the whole package.

Can't buy RDRO without buying story mode and vice versa, both are part of the initial costs. Both modes come for a good price in my opinion, but you can't split the package like we can with a happy meal.

And this certainly doesn't help your point dude, it does the exact opposite if anything, lol. If COD's single player is lackluster to a player but they want it for online, they have to pay for both.

This game is the same, RDR2's story mode might prove lackluster for a player but online might appeal through being multiplayer. So they do like that COD player and equally pay upfront for their online game of it here. Reading the RDR2 section here alone proves the story was lackluster for some.

How come with one game it's a free bonus (RDR2) and in another it's part of the costs upfront (COD)? We buy these games and they come with 2 modes, it's no different for either. If one part is lackluster and one part enjoyed, neither is out anything and got their game of it, and if we enjoy both story and online, we get more for our money. :)

The option to buy a happy meal toy without the meal does not make the comparison any less valid.  Including something for free to get repeat customers is a marketing tactic that many companies in many industries use...including video games....such as RDR2 and GTAV.   R* could offer either online game as a free to play, stand alone, or they could charge an upfront cost for online only in the future.  They didnt with GTAV for variety of reasons, mainly cause the ruse worked, people were buying sharks left and right.  RDR2 may be different.  As many people, unfortunately, do not play SP games, and then whine when, god forbid, they have to pay for it even though its one of the best games of all time, because they just want to play with online friends.  I don't understand that mentality.  But if anything, this conversation has shown me, a)people do not understand basic economics b)gaming will most likely be nonSP games in the near future c)I give people way more credit than they deserve.  Didnt your parents tell you about happy meals...the toy is free.  I mean the guys Halo response was just more conjecture, he has nothing of substance to back up his argument, that he paid for online, other than in "his view it being included means he paid for it"  when specific examples are cited he blows them off and says I bought HALO to play online is it an addon? why yes, yes it is guy who doesn't read or admit hes wrong when confronted with facts.

Specifically, about COD here, in rebuttal to "Halo has online I think I paid for that."  My point was if there is a full on SP then that's what you are paying for. If its just online then that's what you are paying for, and really why are you? When there are free to play games that are FPS and are just as good.  If its both, like COD blacks Ops, the one I played, haven't played one since, it had like 5 missions, I was like this is.....garbage,  hard to define, I agree, but I know when I see it.  Which maybe the point could be, if single player is a shell, then you aren't paying for the shell.  I mean its not really surprising to me that a Halo player thinks this way, most are Halo players are FPS lovers, but yeah even lame old Halo had a decent SP.  And probably set the Gold Standard for SP FPS.  So, if its not even attempting to have a SP or its lackluster, then you are probably getting ripped off these days cause there is an equivalent that is  free to play.  COD continues to rope in the rubes, they pay $60 dollars to be sold microtransaction, ffs.  Even if you think RDR2 is lackluster, you are entitled to that opinion, there is no denying the amount of money and effort that went into the game, so yeah.  I can see where maybe you could argue some games, I paid for both, if there is a dusty single player that no effort went into and you still get SP but mainly play online.  But RDR2 and GTAV even HALO 1 and 2 are not these games, its like saying God of War with no online isnt worth the price because "oh, bro cant chill with my online hommies, thumbs down."

Edited by GenericGTAO

GenericGTAO
3 hours ago, Labovasha said:

Ok now we are kind of getting somewhere because your last point was actually coherent enough to follow. You do not have to explain "economics" anything to me, please don't because I do not need the brain damage. Yes, I am from egypt but now I identify as american, I am american and understand how things are done. Have no clue about why nationality would make your day.......

By the way I never said you were stupid. I said I am not not sure if you are a none english speaker or just very young or dumb. I am trying to be fair and not assume you are an idiot. none english speakers jumble their words, If that's the case then it's fine. children use word salads to sound intelligent when trying to make an argument.

Yes people like you got fooled by obvious  and misleading "marketing" tricks. As far as I know officially everyone got "access to RDO for free" if they bought RDD2.  Well this does nothing to negate the fact that it is still all just one game. That "feature" point could be applied to anything really some would say you are just paying for a license to play a game een if you bought a physical disk so you are not buying anything that is in the game. I'm not sure what you are on about with microtransactions because it is standard to have the in full priced games.  

If you ask me I think they wanted to instigate that mentality to protect their review scores and reputation. They know if they did not go out of their way to do this then people would say something about a game launching with a broken online and and very few would possibly postpone reviews so they could give a more accurate critique which would have tanked thoes precious review scores. Rockstar is very self aware and conscious about how people perceive their games. They also care about image A LOT. Plus there were so many delays.

Some years ago there was this small youtuber that went by the name hard  times or something like that. This person would get invite to events held by rockstar and was a big fan. When GTA online was released and this person stated how the had a poor experience with the multiplayer rockstar sent them goodies which include an upgraded version of the game, encouraging them to re-evaluate the game. I think they still crapped on the game and probably no longer got free stuff with rockstars logo on them.

Rockstar tries very hard to protect their image and are probably aware of how insane and stupid their core fanbase is so they decided to play these stupid word games and pretend like they are doing some nice pro consumer stuff and let their fans and these so called "gaming journalist" take off with it. Years ago the developers made a comments about wanting to expand on the multiplayer in the future to be like or have MMO qualities and include stuff like entire game worlds with countries. There were people who would literally argued that GTaO was a free to play MMO because of this, not MMO like but an actual MMO rpg.

These things just are not true. Again marketing tricks are just tricks.  Look at them like david blaine or something,. 

Bruv, thanks for toning down your rhetoric.  Maybe you don't quite understand the history of video and games and there prices, and that could be attributed to your youth, I am assuming you are younger than 22, or growing up in a country that might not have instant had access to all the latest video games. but $60 for a SP games has been the price for years way before online gaming existed.  I paid $60 dollars for WCW64 and it was great and worth every penny, same for GTA 3, VC, and San Andreas, and even if I didn't pay exactly $60, I paid 49.99 or something similar, i dont really recall my memory is fuzzy.  Thats where my base comes from, if I paid $60 for N64 game new, then RDR2 is worth every penny, even more.  Not only that, I only have to check the prices of new games many of which do not even include a SP story, they are all $60.  So, bottomline, even if think you are paying for online because its included, the SP you are getting is worth the $60.  I have never played a SP with micros...I have played SP with DLC that you have to buy.  Which if gaming companies listen to you, shouldnt  and probably wont happen in the future.  Why invest the time to build a story, why invest the money on actors, and all the costs that go into making a strong game, when everyone wants it for free...and even if all gaming companies did, and said here it is, free to play SP with micros, then those companies would be folding the minute some fart fad gassed the gaming community and everyone rushed to it.

Lonely-Martin
56 minutes ago, GenericGTAO said:

I don't understand that mentality.  But if anything, this conversation has shown me, a)people do not understand basic economics b)gaming will most likely be nonSP games in the near future c)I give people way more credit than they deserve.  Didnt your parents tell you about happy meals...the toy is free.

(Snip)

...its like saying God of War with no online isnt worth the price because "oh, bro cant chill with my online hommies, thumbs down."

Whatever dude, you're way off. My folks did a mighty fine job and that's all that matters, school and college did too, lol. 

Value is subjective, and quite clearly a happy meal is a package deal of items we can buy individually, nothing is free in one, lol. Plus, God of War isn't worth a dime to me. Not because of no online, but because to me it's just a sh*t game, lol.

Anyway, peace out. Time to move on as you're looking to just take shots (like the Egypt or 'buying for online is childish' nonsense). Just no talking with a chap keen to attack.

Agree to disagree, laters. :)

GenericGTAO
Posted (edited)

Values arent subjective...they are objective.  Happy meal toys are free.

RDO is a free and saying i paid for it, doesnt make it so.   God of War has a value.  Your opinion on it is not a value

Edited by GenericGTAO

Lonely-Martin
18 minutes ago, GenericGTAO said:

Values arent subjective...they are objective.  Happy meal toys are free.

RDO is a free and saying i paid for it, doesnt make it so.   God of War has a value.  Your opinion on it is not a value

Lol, relax dude, we disagree. And..

Moving on. :)

GenericGTAO

From the horse's mouth, "Access to Grand Theft Auto Online is free with your copy of Grand Theft Auto V."   https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/51487/gta-online-details-game-day-access-info-and-more.html

Go ahead tell me I wrong.  This really could have solved this debate a long time ago. 

But it has been interesting, I learned why games cost $60. https://kotaku.com/why-new-video-games-still-cost-60-1545590499

And how SP is doomed, sort of....https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-10-27-the-economics-of-single-player-games

BUT THE BENZ
Posted (edited)

well, the benz had this hunch...online would be the future!

R* games will be NOWHERE soon, seeing how poorly they handle online, while the benz will be EVERYWHERE with his new thing.

ah beautiful ONLINE future

Edited by BUT THE BENZ

Labovasha
14 hours ago, GenericGTAO said:

Bruv, thanks for toning down your rhetoric.  Maybe you don't quite understand the history of video and games and there prices, and that could be attributed to your youth, I am assuming you are younger than 22, or growing up in a country that might not have instant had access to all the latest video games. but $60 for a SP games has been the price for years way before online gaming existed.  I paid $60 dollars for WCW64 and it was great and worth every penny, same for GTA 3, VC, and San Andreas, and even if I didn't pay exactly $60, I paid 49.99 or something similar, i dont really recall my memory is fuzzy.  Thats where my base comes from, if I paid $60 for N64 game new, then RDR2 is worth every penny, even more.  Not only that, I only have to check the prices of new games many of which do not even include a SP story, they are all $60.  So, bottomline, even if think you are paying for online because its included, the SP you are getting is worth the $60.  I have never played a SP with micros...I have played SP with DLC that you have to buy.  Which if gaming companies listen to you, shouldnt  and probably wont happen in the future.  Why invest the time to build a story, why invest the money on actors, and all the costs that go into making a strong game, when everyone wants it for free...and even if all gaming companies did, and said here it is, free to play SP with micros, then those companies would be folding the minute some fart fad gassed the gaming community and everyone rushed to it.

Most of what you said has anything to do with what we were talking about and stop trying to take agest stabs at me, you don't know me to assume what systems I owned. 

Microtransactions are normalized. Lot of AAA developers are trying it even for games that have no multiplayer at all.

Your mental gymnastics to show that single player is objectively worth the standard price point is just horrible, half of what you are saying is incoherent. This would make a conversation nuanced so I doubt you would comprehend it but there is a pretty good argument that no game is worth full standard price based on the fact that it is a console game. 

d

I've asked several times already, how old are you? I don't like conversing with remedial adults who are stubborn.

GenericGTAO
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Labovasha said:

Most of what you said has anything to do with what we were talking about and stop trying to take agest stabs at me, you don't know me to assume what systems I owned. 

Microtransactions are normalized. Lot of AAA developers are trying it even for games that have no multiplayer at all.

Your mental gymnastics to show that single player is objectively worth the standard price point is just horrible, half of what you are saying is incoherent. This would make a conversation nuanced so I doubt you would comprehend it but there is a pretty good argument that no game is worth full standard price based on the fact that it is a console game. 

d

I've asked several times already, how old are you? I don't like conversing with remedial adults who are stubborn.

Well, Rockstar disagrees that GTAO and RDO is free to play add on.  They said so when they released GTAO.  Go and reread my previous post.  They are much more careful because of all the whiners these days, that complain about everything like it's the end of the world.  It video game, if you do not like it, do not play it.  If you do play it, admits it has some good parts, or don't, you want to give no credit, fine, don't accuse me of kowtowing when I criticize for legitimate reasons.  If you cant admit something that's true when presented with facts, that's your deal.  If you want to complain, be my guest.  

"Agest" lol, you were asking my age? Another white knight, was quick to try and make a point about you me asking if you were from Egypt but never cared that you are asking my age...for god knows why, but I can tell you are young. But being from a place that might not have had instant access to video games or different economic principles would shape how you view this issue. 

The issue of whether its a free add on is resolved.  And it was clear and plain, you are wrong.  I consider this to be an issue that if you have problem with address R*.  Maybe they will listen to your half baked logical reasoning mumblings.  You have persuaded no one here except for the numskulls that already thought you were right and are unwilling to look at facts.

Edited by GenericGTAO

Labovasha
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, GenericGTAO said:

Well, Rockstar disagrees that GTAO and RDO is free to play add on.  They said so when they released GTAO.  Go and reread my previous post.  They are much more careful because of all the whiners these days, that complain about everything like it's the end of the world.  It video game, if you do not like it, do not play it.  If you do play it, admits it has some good parts, or don't, you want to give no credit, fine, don't accuse me of kowtowing when I criticize for legitimate reasons.  If you cant admit something that's true when presented with facts, that's your deal.  If you want to complain, be my guest.  

"Agest" lol, you were asking my age? Another white knight, was quick to try and make a point about you me asking if you were from Egypt but never cared that you are asking my age...for god knows why, but I can tell you are young. But being from a place that might not have had instant access to video games or different economic principles would shape how you view this issue. 

The issue of whether its a free add on is resolved.  And it was clear and plain, you are wrong.  I consider this to be an issue that if you have problem with address R*.  Maybe they will listen to your half baked logical reasoning mumblings.  You have persuaded no one here except for the numskulls that already thought you were right and are unwilling to look at facts.

The entire point is calling a product something that it is not, does not make it true. Your argument is just dumb you haven't even refuted anything I said. Basically all you said was "because they said so", that's surface level thinking.

I will put it this way.

If a TV manufacturer advertises that with each TV they sell comes with a remote device which is just a remote and they say something along the lines of "look at it like a cell phone" or "every TV comes with a mobile device", does that actually mean that the consumers are actually getting a cellular phone just because a smart TVs remote has back lit buttons, built in feedback speakers and wirelessly connects to the TV devices? The answer is no because what they advertise does not change reality. Being the manufacturer of that product does not give them the authority to do one thing and then say it is another. NO really, that would not make the TV remote a phone.

This entire time you just claim the games are free and then typed these word salads of ad hominems and random tangents that had nothing to do with the subject matter. I honestly cannot tell if you are very young or just remedial. If I am younger than you then your critical thinking skills are horrible.

Why can't you answer that simple question?

Edited by Labovasha

happygrowls
On 3/18/2019 at 10:15 PM, GenericGTAO said:

From the horse's mouth, "Access to Grand Theft Auto Online is free with your copy of Grand Theft Auto V."   https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/51487/gta-online-details-game-day-access-info-and-more.html

I love this excerpt from the article

"we can assure you that the game is designed such that the option of purchasable GTA$ should not disrupt the playing field – and there are a few mechanics in place to help ensure that. All players still have to rank up with Reputation Points (RP) in order to get access to purchase high-end items"

and now in GTA Online, you can straight away buy GTA$ and get the most overpowered weapons and vehicles straight away.

Look at the oppressor mk2 and the homing launchers, not rank locked at all, just buy microdlc and win.

Foxwolfe

Feel free to toss me on ignore GG, since that's what I do with garbage posters like yourself.

f*cking happy meals, lmao.

*Lola

JC Hammer

Feel free to toss me on ignore GG, since that's what I do with garbage posters like yourself.

f*cking happy meals, lmao.

I know, I didn't even make it one page with this nutcase and I was diving for the ignore button!!!