4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

The Occasional  Outlaw

Is RDO really that bad?

Ektope
8 minutes ago, rusbeckia said:

Also I came to the conclusion that never without one is overrated af. Haven‘t been using it since level ~100 (130 now) and only rarely am missing the card. 

In 95% of the situations it just takes away space for a more useful card and won‘t help you against really good players anyway.

only useful to be prepared if some noob shoots you from the back, but even in those situations you can use other strategies to counter them.

Which other card do you use? I've seen someone go from rank 1 to 100+ on their 2nd account, with an empty 4th card slot even though I've advised to put on NWO. They still haven't put something and she wins MW nearly all the time.

Lonely-Martin
4 minutes ago, rusbeckia said:

Always the same argument. I don‘t mean you specifically, so don‘t take this as an offence:

ever thought about that it takes skill to properly establish strategies based on different ability card - setups? Why don‘t people want to realize that this isn‘t just another ego-shooter with 3rd prrson view. 

Also I came to the conclusion that never without one is overrated af. Haven‘t been using it since level ~100 (130 now) and only rarely am missing the card. 

In 95% of the situations it just takes away space for a more useful card and won‘t help you against really good players anyway.

only useful to be prepared if some noob shoots you from the back, but even in those situations you can use other strategies to counter them.

No offence ever taken, I enjoy discussing and learning more. :)

I get your point but feel the strategy should come from the gameplay more than a fantasy element that for me, ruins that immersion of a more realistic approach.

I love that these games are a game of choice, but if in a combat game mode, it's off putting because I won't buy those items but the opposition does (for the most part), so it takes PvP aspects even further away from me and leaves it that much more noticeable how little other content there is.

I do feel it's a valid point.

Chrismads
3 minutes ago, Hetraet said:

free aim just sucks in rdr 2 due to reticule shaking...either way if you get skilled in it in other games like rdr 1, you will get headshots and stuff, you just need to practice, thats what differs auto aim from free aim. Free aim is for people who are about skills, not a stupid ability loadout for kids

Reticule shake?

Auto aim is about skills too.

Ability loadouts for kids? 

Imo it might even be for the more mature player base. You gotta buy them wisely and think about what kind of style you wanna play.

Hetraet
20 minutes ago, Chrismads said:

Reticule shake?

Auto aim is about skills too.

Ability loadouts for kids? 

Imo it might even be for the more mature player base. You gotta buy them wisely and think about what kind of style you wanna play.

dude what type of logic are you working with there...are you that bad in free aim? what skill is pressing one button to automatically aim on am enemy and then pressing right stick up to headshot, it's mental if you take the press of four buttons at the same time as a skill. Cards are basically pay to win, that's all it is

Chrismads
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Hetraet said:

dude what type of logic are you working with there...are you that bad in free aim? what skill is pressing one button to automatically aim on am enemy and then pressing right stick up to headshot, it's mental if you take the press of four buttons at the same time as a skill. Cards are basically pay to win, that's all it is

If it doesn't take skill how come I wreck almost everyone else in this game? Why don't u do a 1VS1 with @Ektope if you seriously think this game doesn't require any skill? Lol

Edit. just gonna add. Slippery bastard is in my loadout right now and I'm still murdeeing everyone of you guys, so don't say I'm bad at free aim

Edited by Chrismads

Hetraet
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Chrismads said:

If it doesn't take skill how come I wreck almost everyone else in this game? Why don't u do a 1VS1 with @Ektope if you seriously think this game doesn't require any skill? Lol

u wreck everyone cuz u payed for cards you stupid noobie, you sound like you've got a stick up your ass

1 hour ago, Hetraet said:

u wreck everyone cuz u payed for cards you stupid noobie, you sound like you've got a stick up your ass

I'll show you skill if you disable all cards and go free aim on me

User was warned for this post

Edited by Spider-Vice

Chrismads
1 minute ago, Hetraet said:

You're not very good at keeping a sober and mature discussion are you? Lol

8 minutes ago, Hetraet said:

I'll show you skill if you disable all cards and go free aim on me

Free aim takes skills.that's not what we're talking about. You claim auto aim doesn't take skill. I disagree. I'll 1vs1 u autoaim if you're on ps4. 

Hetraet
13 minutes ago, Chrismads said:

You're not very good at keeping a sober and mature discussion are you? Lol

Free aim takes skills.that's not what we're talking about. You claim auto aim doesn't take skill. I disagree. I'll 1vs1 u autoaim if you're on ps4. 

sadly i'm on xbox.

Riznind

For us, a small group of rdr1 free aim users, it's quite bad that R* did not seperate the aim modes in RDO yet.

So most of our complaints are about the fact that a lot of things were done right in rdr1 mp and not in RDO imho

Neemo
Posted (edited)

Last time i played was during the first couple weeks ... my freind and i couldn't stay connected to complete the first story mission (right side of the tracks).... R* told us that we probably had a bad connection and that it was only beta so we havent played since...have they fixed that yet?

Edited by Neemo

Hetraet
27 minutes ago, Riznind said:

For us, a small group of rdr1 free aim users, it's quite bad that R* did not seperate the aim modes in RDO yet.

So most of our complaints are about the fact that a lot of things were done right in rdr1 mp and not in RDO imho

Do you play rdr1 on xbox? I'm currently setting up a group of hardcore mode players, we're 3 so far

Riznind
Posted (edited)

Ps3 at the time.

Edited by Riznind

Spider-Vice

Please be civil when presenting arguments and arguing against others, don't make me give out more warnings.

rusbeckia
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Hetraet said:

Lmao you can‘t even buy cards with gold, so how would they be pay2win? Either you don‘t know what you‘re talking about, or you have never played the game. 

I don‘t get how militant freeaimers think that autoaim takes no skill at all. Have you ever played a showdown? 

It‘s just different skills that are required. Same way I could say freeaim with a mouse doesn‘t take skill. It‘s easier imo to headshot with a mouse in a shooter than to do it with auto aim in rdo with a gun that hasn‘t varmint accuracy, while some dude sprays mausers on you and your vision is shaking like hell. 

Don‘t take it personal, but after 40 levels of playing showdowns (i started playing showdowns at lvl 90 or so), I can‘t take this arguments about skill serious anymore.

edit: if figuring out different card set ups is too confusing and difficult for you, you might want to think about sticking with plain shooters instead. 

Edit2: i actually think that some freeaimers are just butthurt that they get fcked up by autoaimers lol

Edited by rusbeckia

rusbeckia
4 hours ago, Ektope said:

Which other card do you use? I've seen someone go from rank 1 to 100+ on their 2nd account, with an empty 4th card slot even though I've advised to put on NWO. They still haven't put something and she wins MW nearly all the time.

In the last 10 lvls or so, I‘ve only used Paint it black (which is the best dead eye card imo, didnt use it before that and realized how fcking op it is), eye for an eye, strange medicine.

The 4th card usually depends on the situation. Lately I‘ve almost always used the one that decreases damage taken while sprinting. I once fighted one who had it tier 3 too, that‘s when i realized that a lot of shots just didn‘t hit the player although they should have. Like perfect lined up shots, express ammo, perfect condition and mid-range with lancaster, but I could only hit him at the 2nd to 3rd shot. That‘s when the player already noticed where I am and changed his aim towards me. After that situation I decided to level it up too haha 

however if someone aims at your head from close range while you are not moving, he will kill you. But as long as you‘re moving and not too close I find it very useful.

Hetraet
30 minutes ago, rusbeckia said:

Lmao you can‘t even buy cards with gold, so how would they be pay2win? Either you don‘t know what you‘re talking about, or you have never played the game. 

I don‘t get how militant freeaimers think that autoaim takes no skill at all. Have you ever played a showdown? 

It‘s just different skills that are required. Same way I could say autoaim with a mouse doesn‘t take skill. It‘s easier imo to headshot with a mouse in a shooter than to do it with auto aim in rdo with a gun that hasn‘t varmint accuracy, while some dude sprays mausers on you and your vision is shaking like hell. 

Don‘t take it personal, but after 40 levels of playing showdowns (i started playing showdowns at lvl 90 or so), I can‘t take this arguments about skill serious anymore.

edit: if figuring out different card set ups is too confusing and difficult for you, you might want to think about sticking with plain shooters instead. 

Edit2: i actually think that some freeaimers are just butthurt that they get fcked up by autoaimers lol

im level 80 in online currently...im not even gonna bother reading this...it is pay to win, you have to pay for cards (in game currency) doesnt have to be real money to be pay to win

rusbeckia
9 minutes ago, Hetraet said:

im level 80 in online currently...im not even gonna bother reading this...it is pay to win, you have to pay for cards (in game currency) doesnt have to be real money to be pay to win

If you‘re not even bothering reading other comments, it won‘t make sense discussing with you anyway. 

Believe what you like, I don‘t care. Have fun playing a game, which obviously just annoyes you. 

About Pay2Win you‘re technically right, however the term usually refers to real money rather than ingame money. Imo it‘s good that people who invest time in the game to level up the cards get some reward for it. 

Hetraet
1 minute ago, rusbeckia said:

If you‘re not even bothering reading other comments, it won‘t make sense discussing with you anyway. 

Believe what you like, I don‘t care. Have fun playing a game, which obviously just annoyes you. 

About Pay2Win you‘re technically right, however the term usually refers to real money rather than ingame money. Imo it‘s good that people who invest time in the game to level up the cards get some reward for it. 

I won't have fun playing it, I left it on my shelf and moved back to rdr 1 which is by all ways better...both singleplayer and multiplayer

rusbeckia
7 minutes ago, Hetraet said:

I won't have fun playing it, I left it on my shelf and moved back to rdr 1 which is by all ways better...both singleplayer and multiplayer

Yes. Everything was better in the old days.. ;)

tonko
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Chrismads said:

I think the game would be pretty boring if it was all insta headshot wouldn't you?

Disagree. Respectfully of course. When i engage in PVP modes, if someone headshots me, i want to die. If i headshot someone, i want them dead. I'm rarely in Free Roam so i really don't know would it work better without cards. But western PVP modes should be without any perks. Only a player and muscle memory should be the key factors. That goes for that Dead Eye card which f*cks with your aim. I mean, come one. If i want magic skills, i would play World of Warcraft(or other fantasy games). 

5 hours ago, Lonely-Martin said:

I'm not a combat person mostly but when I do, I'd much rather know I won or lost a duel due to skill over knowing the other person just paid to survive a headshot or some crap, lol.

That's what bugs me the most. If i kill someone, how much of ME was involved in that kill? If someone kills me, was that guy really good or he killed me cause i couldn't aim at him due to ability card, or he chugs tonics and "dead-eyeing" all the time?

Magic headshot blocking hats drive me crazy. Clint Eastwood never wore one in all those movies 😕

5 hours ago, rusbeckia said:

ever thought about that it takes skill to properly establish strategies based on different ability card - setups? Why don‘t people want to realize that this isn‘t just another ego-shooter with 3rd prrson view. 

That simply isn't true. It really doesn't take any skill to setup cards since everyone is using the same loadout. Where is this skill in equipping a card so people can't aim at you? All you need to do is have enough ingame money to buy it, equip it and voila. You're good to go.

Edited by tonko

rusbeckia
3 minutes ago, tonko said:

Disagree. Respectfully of course. When i engage in PVP modes, if someone headshots me, i want to die. If i headshot someone, i want them dead. I'm rarely in Free Roam so i really don't know would it work better without cards. But western PVP modes should be without any perks. Only a player and muscle memory should be the key factors. That goes for that Dead Eye card which f*cks with your aim. I mean, come one. If i want magic skills, i would play World of Warcraft(or other fantasy games). 

That's what bugs me the most. If i kill someone, how much of ME was involved in that kill? If someone kills me, was that guy really good or he killed me cause i couldn't aim at him due to ability card, or he chugs tonics and "dead-eyeing" all the time?

If he killed you because of „that“ card, he just had another strategy, which you weren’t able to counter accordingly. Change to paint it black and shoot that bastard. You can be sure slippery-users will back off after a few headshots from midrange.

how is muscle memory considered skill and proper use of cards not? It‘s just another skill to use them how they‘re supposed to.

9 minutes ago, tonko said:

Magic headshot blocking hats drive me crazy. Clint Eastwood never wore one in all those movies 😕

That simply isn't true. It really doesn't take any skill to setup cards since everyone is using the same loadout. Where is this skill in equipping a card so people can't aim at you? All you need to do is have enough ingame money to buy it, equip it and voila. You're good to go.

Lol ofcourse it takes no skill to equip the cards everyone else uses. Skill and experience comes in to know what cards counter other cards. E.g. what setup you‘re using when someone with slippery approaches you.

tonko
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, rusbeckia said:

Before i answer to that other post you quoted me in, please, no need to patronize people who play different. I don't play Free Aim but i get them. Especially since RDR 1 online had Fee Aim lobbies

Now i'm gonna read the other one 🤗

Edited by tonko

rusbeckia
3 minutes ago, tonko said:

Before i answer to that other post you quoted me in, please, no need to patronize people who play different. I don't play Free Aim but i get them. Especially since RDR 1 online had Fee Aim lobbies

Now i'm gonna read the other one 🤗

You‘re right! I don‘t want to patronize anybody, but it sometimes seems to me that some players don‘t really have a reasoning to flame autoaim, besides the fact it‘s not freeaim. 

I mean, I think for the sake of diversity freeaim lobbies should be added. I‘d mess around in those every now and again too, but I also think that saying „autoaim doesn‘t require skill and is for noobs“ is just plain wrong. That‘s why I wrote that edit!

tonko
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, rusbeckia said:

If he killed you because of „that“ card, he just had another strategy, which you weren’t able to counter accordingly. Change to paint it black and shoot that bastard. You can be sure slippery-users will back off after a few headshots from midrange.

how is muscle memory considered skill and proper use of cards not? It‘s just another skill to use them how they‘re supposed to.

Lol ofcourse it takes no skill to equip the cards everyone else uses. Skill and experience comes in to know what cards counter other cards. E.g. what setup you‘re using when someone with slippery approaches you.

He had another strategy? Seriously? Ok, i'll explain what "skill" that was.

All he did is:

1. Buy, equip and use Slippery bastard,

2. Buy enough dead eye tonics

3. Use said card

Important thing to remember after reading this is: RDR 2 is a western game. Not a horror game. Not a fantasy game. Term Western is very important here.

Muscle memory: Move, aim, shoot, repeat. Move, evade, aim, shoot, repeat. Some guys are just faster and better. That's skill. That's speed.

Proper use of cards as a skill? Let's see: buy, plan your setup, equip, tonic drinking and activate.

So we have Muscle memory and Ability Cards. Which of those gravitate more to the definition of "skill"? Muscle memory is the corrrect answer here.

4 minutes ago, rusbeckia said:

You‘re right! I don‘t want to patronize anybody, but it sometimes seems to me that some players don‘t really have a reasoning to flame autoaim, besides the fact it‘s not freeaim. 

I mean, I think for the sake of diversity freeaim lobbies should be added. I‘d mess around in those every now and again too, but I also think that saying „autoaim doesn‘t require skill and is for noobs“ is just plain wrong. That‘s why I wrote that edit!

All good. Like i said, i use auto aim but i understand free aim. And i agree with you, auto aim require skill. You can read all about that in my other post. 😀

Edited by tonko

wehweh01

Guys need to get back on topic. Whether you're freeaim or autoaim if want to roast each other do it somewhere else. I want to hear more opinions about this horrible game we're playing.

Lonely-Martin
10 minutes ago, wehweh01 said:

Guys need to get back on topic. Whether you're freeaim or autoaim if want to roast each other do it somewhere else. I want to hear more opinions about this horrible game we're playing.

I get ya regarding the roasting, but the clash of freeaim and auto is a symptom of bad design that contributes towards some feeling it's a bad game, I feel.

Much like the clash in PvP and PvE, IMO. It's stuff like that where R* are forcing or ignoring these issues that really hurts the game for some as much as bugs, lack of content, or dripfeeding this early. :)

TheShift
3 hours ago, Hetraet said:

dz8a0xtihwd01.gif

wehweh01
3 hours ago, Hetraet said:

It's definitely Play 2 Win if you think about it. You could spend $3600 on cards and remaining cash on weapons, clothes; etc. or simply spend gold bars on weapons and other stuff and still spend only $3600 on cards. It should go without saying that the player who buys gold would be better equipped than the player who doesn't. 

Ghoffman9
Posted (edited)

I am primarily a PvE person, which means my options are either the eight story missions, hunting, or hideouts (should I find one), thats it. I got into the 70's in rank before the boredom became overwhelming. The lack of content is on the same levels as No Man's Sky, Sea of Thieves, and Fallout 76. Just like those three games, RDR2 Online is as wide as an ocean but the depth of a puddle.

Edited by Ghoffman9

Rafae S
3 minutes ago, Ghoffman9 said:

I am primarily a PvE person, which means my options are either the eight story missions, hunting, or hideouts (should I find one), thats it. 

+ stranger missions.

these are all the things that keep me playing this broken game.