1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

ALifeOfMisery

RED DEAD ONLINE BETA: SPOILS OF WAR OUT NOW (12/3/19)

Bakkerbaard

I hate PvP, but Spoils Of War could be a lot of fun if there were any players left. Best I could muster was two versus two in which case it's an absolute horror production, especially when one team already has one bag.

Still, I'm gonna try again later, see if there's anyone on...

Sucks to kinda realise that by the time RDO is gonna get good there's gonna be,like, five people left.

Ektope
11 minutes ago, Bakkerbaard said:

I hate PvP, but Spoils Of War could be a lot of fun if there were any players left. Best I could muster was two versus two in which case it's an absolute horror production, especially when one team already has one bag.

Sucks to kinda realise that by the time RDO is gonna get good there's gonna be,like, five people left.

The lobbies I've been in. It was minimum of 5 vs 5. The maximum is 8 vs 8. It could depend what time you're searching.

Bakkerbaard
1 minute ago, Ektope said:

The lobbies I've been in. It was minimum of 5 vs 5. The maximum is 8 vs 8. It could depend what time you're searching.

Always late at night, but as the saying goes: "It's always five o' clock somewhere", right? I figured I'd get teamed up with the eastern seaboard around that time. 

tonko
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, ThaBirdCoot said:

the game mode is pretty decent, I was in doubt, but tried it and actually it is something I can see myself playing from time to time.

It's stres free, relaxing and fun PVP mode. Like @Dr.Rosenthal said, after couple of beers this is the right mode to play 😂

No spawning behind your back like in Most Wanted, no spawning too far from the action so you end up running for a minute and a half in a Gang Match that lasts 7 minutes, no pink, orange and orangeish dots. You're blue, enemy is red. Shoot at red. Will do!

Edited by tonko

tonko
5 hours ago, Sammionna said:

It reminds me a lot of those classic RDR1 competitive modes, no BS, just two teams going at it. I wouldn't even complain if they added more modes like this.

I would bet that was their intention with this, to replicate classic RDR 1 modes. First they said "Evans Repeater - fan favorite from the original RDR", they they implemented Spoils of War/Hold your Own, replica of RDR 1 PVP mode.

Did they had a change of heart and decided to give us stuff that worked before after all the backlash? I do not know. Do i expect more modes like this? I certainly do. 

Someone in Rockstar online development team obviously turned on PS3 and RDR and played online.

152ny89.gif

raysis
10 hours ago, Bakkerbaard said:

I think it’s have something to do with the match making. I have played it multiple times in different time and have always get in bigger teams, a couple times we was 4vs4, but most of time 6vs6 or a full team, maby the issue is the beta, or that they start the match to quickly. In other games it use to take longer times for the game to matchmake and count down before it’s starts..

Vice Beach
On 3/12/2019 at 4:21 PM, Shadowfennekin said:

And you have to cart your log from the place in Blackwater each time... and if somebody blows it up for literal pennies then you've got to go back and start again!

I'm just hoping for a place in Saint Denis honestly, it's my favorite city and I'd just love the option to spawn there and not in a random Lemoyne spot.... least it's smaller than all the other states when it comes to traveling 

That’s actually a fun idea.. bringing back the lumber guy from Blackwater when you want to build your player’s house.

TheExecutor10

Any recommendations on where to look for jewelry to sell to the fence, besides looting corpses of course.

Shane_Dbns

Hanging dog ranch and I think Painted Sky have jewellery 

3 hours ago, TheExecutor10 said:

Any recommendations on where to look for jewelry to sell to the fence, besides looting corpses of course.

123bafn.jpg

242sh6o.jpg

ng7cqo.jpg

ThaBirdCoot
3 hours ago, TheExecutor10 said:

Beat the sh*t outta del lobos in thieves landing they carry some valuables and the fence is just nearby lol

YNNEL

Well I tried to pick 5 desert sage but after 3 they weren’t registering.

Bakkerbaard
3 hours ago, YNNEL said:

Well I tried to pick 5 desert sage but after 3 they weren’t registering.

Been having this issue too. With all "pick X amount of nonsense" dailies actually.

What seems to work marginally better is to pick one of the thing and wait for the popups to go away. The one that says "1/5 picked" and any other popups that may occur as a result of your picking. Then check the dailies list to see if it's registered and then pick again.

I'm guessing the game is looking at complete patches of herbs. Like the Desert Sage near Tumbleweed, there's two next to eachother and the second one of that pick never registers.

Ofcourse, if that's the case my statement above is just a sweet-ass mindtrick I'm playing on myself.

Boozey St John
20 hours ago, Bakkerbaard said:

Been having this issue too. With all "pick X amount of nonsense" dailies actually.

What seems to work marginally better is to pick one of the thing and wait for the popups to go away. The one that says "1/5 picked" and any other popups that may occur as a result of your picking. Then check the dailies list to see if it's registered and then pick again.

I'm guessing the game is looking at complete patches of herbs. Like the Desert Sage near Tumbleweed, there's two next to eachother and the second one of that pick never registers.

Ofcourse, if that's the case my statement above is just a sweet-ass mindtrick I'm playing on myself.

Press left on the d-pad then click daily challenges immediately when you start picking. That usually makes it kick in.

Shadowfennekin
Posted (edited)
On 3/14/2019 at 3:52 AM, Vice Beach said:

That’s actually a fun idea.. bringing back the lumber guy from Blackwater when you want to build your player’s house.

It'd suck if you wanted a cabin in the grizzlies though lmao

Edited by Shadowfennekin

Vice Beach
17 hours ago, Shadowfennekin said:

It'd suck if you wanted a cabin in the grizzlies though lmao

I was thinking you go talk to him in Blackwater and do some set up missions of some sort to source the lumber, tools and workers to unlock your homestead, then he presents to you a map on his desk of property locations around the map. Your home will then be built for you over time with NPC’s constructing it. You can go check in on the progress of the build from time to time, can do little building mini games like the epilogue to slowly add to the build progress percentage or can pay gold bars to speed up the build etc.

The only problem I see with this is multiple players in the same lobby owning the same property. We may see the camp system replaced with a cabin that is just plopped on the map wherever there is space just like the current camp system. 

TheExecutor10
Posted (edited)

Hey guys, I thought it is a good idea to give the community an overwiev on what to expect in 2019 based on Rockstars comments.

First of all the content of the first update will be made available in the coming weeks:

Clothes, Fishing Challenges, Target Races, Open Target Races, Up in Smoke, Plunder

The dripfed will probably last until mid april given the amount of content and Rockstars habits, then the update will be done. This will give GTA Onlines rumored April DLC the spotlight. Which probably means we can expect the next update at the earliest late May/early June.

The next updates could/will include (based on R* Newswire):

- New story missions

- Dynamic events

- More weapons, modes, clothes, emotes

They also mentioned there are things coming that they can't talk about yet. R* also mentioned in an interview bevor RDR2 launched, that in RDO they want to get bit more quicker to the point, where GTA Online found it's success with heists and businesses.

T2 also said they expect more revenue in Q3/Q4, which hopefully signals that an update will arrive in summer/fall that will do the same thing to RDO, that the heists did to GTAO. Meaning: Engaging, rewarding gameplay and things to obtain. This could be some sort of heists, properties, businesses.

So that is what I believe we can expect in RDO in 2019 based on R*s and T2s comments.

Edited by TheExecutor10

Nerfgoth
7 minutes ago, TheExecutor10 said:

Hey guys, I thought it is a good idea to give the community an overwiev on what to expect in 2019 based on Rockstars comments.

First of all the content of the first update will be made available in the coming weeks:

Clothes, Fishing Challenges, Target Races, Open Target Races, Up in Smoke, Plunder

The dripfed will probably last until mid april given the amount of content and Rockstars habits, then the update will be done. This will give GTA Onlines rumored April DLC the spotlight. Which probably means we can expect the next update at the earliest late May/early June.

- New story missions

- Dynamic events

They also mentioned there are things coming that they can't talk about yet. R* also mentioned in an interview bevor RDR2 launched, that they want to get in RDO a bit more quicker to the point, where GTA Online found it's succes with heists and businesses.

T2 also said they expect more revenue in Q3/Q4, which hopefully signals that an update will arrive in summer/fall that will do the same thing to RDO, that the heists did to GTAO. Meaning: Engaging, rewarding gameplay and things to obtain. This could be some sort of heists, properties, businesses.

So that is what we can expect in RDO in 2019.

To little, to late! It feels like Fallout 76 or Anthem right now!

Bakkerbaard
2 hours ago, Boozey St John said:

Press left on the d-pad then click daily challenges immediately when you start picking. That usually makes it kick in.

I'll try this next, because my nonsense really doesn't work.

Madvillain

that new rare shotgun that is in the shop how rare is it? will it be gone one day?

Boozey St John
6 hours ago, Madvillain said:

that new rare shotgun that is in the shop how rare is it? will it be gone one day?

It's not rare at all. It's been there for about 2 weeks, it'll still be there. 

Boozey St John
On 3/16/2019 at 9:28 PM, TheExecutor10 said:

- New story missions

- Dynamic events

They also mentioned there are things coming that they can't talk about yet. R* also mentioned in an interview bevor RDR2 launched, that in RDO they want to get bit more quicker to the point, where GTA Online found it's success with heists and businesses.

So that is what I believe we can expect in RDO in 2019 based on R*s and T2s comments.

I know this wasn't confirmed or mentioned by R*- but purchasable properties were found in some data files. 

Do you think that could come anytime in the (hopefully very) near future? 

Smokewood

meh...

Assblaster
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Boozey St John said:

I know this wasn't confirmed or mentioned by R*- but purchasable properties were found in some data files. 

Do you think that could come anytime in the (hopefully very) near future? 

I hope so, I'm so sick of this game's trolling devs spawning me in the middle of a three-way with a couple of homicidal maniacs and by the time I look for my bearings and finally get the map to come up (takes forever and a day), I get an assfull of slugs. 

I don't even care if I get my own house anymore I'll be content with a damn hotel room like the shoddy apartment I first got in GTAO.

This game just feels like that movie Groundhog Day...every day we're going to find ourselves with nothing really new, stuck in the same old beta, forever and ever.

Edited by Assblaster

Rafae S

can't wait for some new pvp trash and more limited time clothing today 

Emilia-Clarke-Eye-Roll.gif

ALifeOfMisery
56 minutes ago, Rafae S said:

can't wait for some new pvp trash and more limited time clothing today 

I'm trying to stay positive, yeah the time limited clothing is b*llocks, but we might get fishing challenges instead of more pew pew, yee haw, nonsense.

ALifeOfMisery

Rafae S

It's time. Got this treasure map at the perfect moment 👌

Gilly85

Gator hat , ortega vest , pelt half chaps and woodland gloves now available 

The clothing from last week  now 'out of stock "