2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Lordani_66

I am still wondering THIS about the GTA V map...

Lordani_66

To this day I am not sure about how the locations in GTA V work. I mean, IN SA it was easy, Los Santos was Los Santos, San Fierro was San Fierro, etc. But what are the names or rather portions of the map of GTA V that separate from each other? From what i understand it works like this:

gta-5-map1.jpg

Red - Los Santos City (LSPD police). Blue - Los Santos County (LSSD police), Green - Blaine County (and senora desert is not separate from it, BCSO police), Yellow - Paleto Bay, and it's separate from the BC? This is what I got from all the LSPDFR videos on youtube, if there were some videos when the guy was playing in Paleto Bay, he would call it "Paleto Bay Sheriff's Office", which would be distinct if he played anywhere else in Blaine County. And I'm not even sure where does the Blaine County end in the border with Los Santos County. Is it correct? Do Vinewood Hills belong to Los Santos City?

TheSantader25

It should be just Los Santos and Blaine County. The best way to figure the borders is to look at the two talk radios. Whenever WCTR switches to BCTR I'd say we officially have entered BC. 

Lordani_66
Just now, TheSantader25 said:

It should be just Los Santos and Blaine County. The best way to figure the borders is to look at the two talk radios. Whenever WCTR switches to BCTR I'd say we officially have entered BC. 

I think that if we relied solely on this, we wouldn't get the whole truth, because I know for a fact Los Santos Sheriff's Dept is a thing in the game and that police is only in LS County. And it doesn't have it's own radio station. So even if for example Paleto Bay is a distinctive piece of game world, it too would not get it's own radio station.

TheSantader25
Just now, Lordani_66 said:

I think that if we relied solely on this, we wouldn't get the whole truth, because I know for a fact Los Santos Sheriff's Dept is a thing in the game and that police is only in LS County. And it doesn't have it's own radio station. So even if for example Paleto Bay is a distinctive piece of game world, it too would not get it's own radio station.

Paleto Bay is a part of Blaine County though. Police departments aren't the best way to divide the map with. We know for a fact that we have the Los Santos Police cruisers for Los Santos and a different variation for Blaine County. Two police variations. In all of the marketing of the game we also saw R* advertising the map as "Los Santos and Blaine County". 

Male01

How dare you use such a Sernandoe-styled title for such a question?

Does GTA V take place in Southern San Andreas or Los Santos State? Why would Rockstar even think of making such an inconsistency?

With Rockstar's lazy actions, testing police jurisdictions won't be too easy. Where's the SAHP (or is it called LSHP?), SanFire, or the BCFD? Is it LSPD SWAT or NOOSE? Is it NOOSE or the FIB? Why do SAHP bikers use LSPD bikes and where is the LSPD motorcycle unit? Where are the BCSO, LSSD, Weazel News, and SAHP helicopters? Why doesn't the SAHP have any actual vehicles rather than just the LSPD Police Bike? Why can ads, news reports, and DJ comments vary but still have to hear songs in the same order?

Fact: Rockstar's "attention to detail" doesn't really exist because there is always something related that cancels it out.

Lordani_66
2 minutes ago, Male01 said:

How dare you use such a Sernandoe-styled title for such a question?

Does GTA V take place in Southern San Andreas or Los Santos State? Why would Rockstar even think of making such an inconsistency?

With Rockstar's lazy actions, testing police jurisdictions won't be too easy. Where's the SAHP (or is it called LSHP?), SanFire, or the BCFD? Is it LSPD SWAT or NOOSE? Is it NOOSE or the FIB? Why do SAHP bikers use LSPD bikes and where is the LSPD motorcycle unit? Where are the BCSO, LSSD, Weazel News, and SAHP helicopters? Why doesn't the SAHP have any actual vehicles rather than just the LSPD Police Bike? Why can ads, news reports, and DJ comments vary but still have to hear songs in the same order?

Fact: Rockstar's "attention to detail" doesn't really exist because there is always something related that cancels it out.

You seem very angry. Take the chill pill.

Ondr4H

There arent any big logic, sometimes Sheriff vehicles appear at beaches in Los Santos.

Literally I dont care about PD in GTA V, these police departments have lazy development. They are stupid. They made few police vehicles(Well they made four sedans for LSPD but only one spawn in chases, thanks to rockstar laziness).But they are aimbots with unlimited reinforcements.

And you want for rockstar to made pinpoint perfect jurisdication...

Male01
On 3/12/2019 at 7:52 AM, Lordani_66 said:

You seem very angry. Take the chill pill.

Don't worry. I'm never angry on this site. I have never said anything more profane than quoting Big Smoke's notorious line fron Wrong Side of the Tracks.

7 hours ago, Ondr4H said:

Literally I dont care about PD in GTA V, these police departments have lazy development.

Yes. You get my point. At least in SA, they use state vehicles across the state unlike V where it's all Los Santos County regardless of what the maps and road signs say.

Does GTA V take place in Southern San Andreas or Los Santos State? I'm serious about this question and I have never received an answer. If it does take place in Southern San Andreas, why would Rockstar have even dared to think of Los Santos State?

And yes, I am wondering why you chose a Sernandoe-style title for this topic. Could you please at least bring me an answer?

silly_nate

They do mention Paleto County in the game. Maybe there was going to be another county to the north during the conception stage.

I am like 75% sure I’ve seen a map that separates the two counties. I believe that map has Route 68 as the cut off line, with Harmony being in both counties. 

Also, a little off topic but a little interesting (to me) too: Del Perro, Rockford Hills, and Davis are separate towns in the Los Santos metropolitan area, just like their real life counterparts, Santa Monica, Beverly Hills, and Compton :)

Libeaus Desconus
1 hour ago, silly_nate said:

Also, a little off topic but a little interesting (to me) too: Del Perro, Rockford Hills, and Davis are separate towns in the Los Santos metropolitan area, just like their real life counterparts, Santa Monica, Beverly Hills, and Compton :)

The map division is interesting to me too. Some of the names (Cassidy Creek, Calafia bridge, Galilee) are quite intriguing.

6gByNMx.jpg

Mastah
47 minutes ago, Libeaus Desconus said:

Some of the names (Cassidy Creek, Calafia bridge, Galilee) are quite intriguing.

What's intriguing about them?

Lordani_66

Well I have my answer partially. i found this special map:

Gtavmapupdated.jpg

Maybe I have seen it already but never took a good enough look, well it seems like i was right, LS County is above LS Metropolitan Area but this map really doesn't show what the borders look like for it. Although I am pretty sure the northern border is where Zancudo River starts, that would make sense too with how GTA V Remastered mod basically ends there, although it's not official of course. But I am not sure about the rest, but either way, the Blaine County does NOT start where the radio stations swap out, surely. Paleto Bay is just a part of BC, it's not it's own County/Area after all and it's a bummer to me, but maybe they planned another county to the north indeed, who knows... But I'd like to find a better quality version, as this one blurs out some yellow text in the western side of Zancudo River.

Willy A. Jeep

It's a real mess trying to figure out the delineations of GTA V's map. Los Santos County is based, of course, on Los Angeles County, compacted down and omitting some major areas. Blaine County, though, is an amalgam of other areas in California, both north and south of Los Angeles - taking inspiration from as far north as San Luis Obispo county (where Morro Bay, Paleto Bay's real-world analogue, is) and as far south as Imperial county (Salton Sea, the Alamo Sea's real-world analogue). Over 100 miles either way. On top of that, Rockstar wasn't very careful with their definitions anyway (there's a lot of evidence they were planning to call the state "Los Santos State", after all), and you'll see conflicting information. For instance, the sign outside of the Paleto Bay Sheriff's Office has a Los Santos County seal, despite being firmly on the opposite side of Blaine County from the city, and you can sometimes find spots where the radio stations switch despite it not making sense (such as on the Lago Zancudo Bridge). This isn't even considering there's no police vehicles with Blaine County markings - they all have Los Santos Police Department or Sheriff's Office markings.

In the game sense, Los Santos County and Blaine County divide (the only "real" corporation limit defined anywhere in reference material) does follow Route 68 all the way across the map, until reaching the Palmer-Taylor plant, where the county line turns east into the sea. That map you found is a scan of a physical map, I think, but the GTA Wiki has some digital ones with about the same boundary line, here and here.The yellow text on the scanned map is actually the note for the county line, with Blaine County to the north and Los Santos to the south.

I would say not to listen to LSPDFR or any other fan communities when it comes to the actual game. People try to make sense of it, improve it, and create their own version through that - but it's not what Rockstar released as official. It's probably more sensical, because Rockstar obviously isn't trying for anything close to a realistic depiction of an American society, but anything else is still just fanon.

Lordani_66
13 hours ago, Willy A. Jeep said:

It's a real mess trying to figure out the delineations of GTA V's map. Los Santos County is based, of course, on Los Angeles County, compacted down and omitting some major areas. Blaine County, though, is an amalgam of other areas in California, both north and south of Los Angeles - taking inspiration from as far north as San Luis Obispo county (where Morro Bay, Paleto Bay's real-world analogue, is) and as far south as Imperial county (Salton Sea, the Alamo Sea's real-world analogue). Over 100 miles either way. On top of that, Rockstar wasn't very careful with their definitions anyway (there's a lot of evidence they were planning to call the state "Los Santos State", after all), and you'll see conflicting information. For instance, the sign outside of the Paleto Bay Sheriff's Office has a Los Santos County seal, despite being firmly on the opposite side of Blaine County from the city, and you can sometimes find spots where the radio stations switch despite it not making sense (such as on the Lago Zancudo Bridge). This isn't even considering there's no police vehicles with Blaine County markings - they all have Los Santos Police Department or Sheriff's Office markings.

In the game sense, Los Santos County and Blaine County divide (the only "real" corporation limit defined anywhere in reference material) does follow Route 68 all the way across the map, until reaching the Palmer-Taylor plant, where the county line turns east into the sea. That map you found is a scan of a physical map, I think, but the GTA Wiki has some digital ones with about the same boundary line, here and here.The yellow text on the scanned map is actually the note for the county line, with Blaine County to the north and Los Santos to the south.

I would say not to listen to LSPDFR or any other fan communities when it comes to the actual game. People try to make sense of it, improve it, and create their own version through that - but it's not what Rockstar released as official. It's probably more sensical, because Rockstar obviously isn't trying for anything close to a realistic depiction of an American society, but anything else is still just fanon.

Thanks for the deep post. So I was almost right. Either way I rather have a messy non-metropolitan areas in the game than have them (IV). It's weird though that I have never seen the markings on the map as I used to have one for PS4 (now I sold it and only have it for PC so no map for me anymore), I never noticed them.