3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

computertech82

What I wished I knew before playing online

computertech82

To basically set this up.....Basically about every single session I join, there is cheaters (aimbot, godmode,etc), hacker, player killer (2, 3 or even 4 of them) on a mk 2, on it. I avoid them with passive mode. But I noticed that some missions, like lester, forces you to pvp so the cheaters, hacker, player killer on a mk 2 can slaughter all day everyday for the rest of life (aka bounties). Noticed being a ceo forces the same thing. 

I've got a bad feeling most, if not all, forces player vs cheater. I'd rather play co-op instead of just being cannon fodder for the cheaters. So i have a question, what missions can I go though without being forced to pvp?

Like the martin dispatch missions doesn't force you to pvp.

Sanches
Posted (edited)

You could just read some of the reviews. Most of the Steam reviews are pointing up the current game's status.

Stay out of any adversary modes, they're PvP.

Edited by Sanches

whywontyoulisten

Contact missions. Dispatch missions. Heists. CEO work in Invite/Friend/Solo Public sessions. Play smart.

J-Scott-D

When my stepson bought me a PS3 for Father's Day in 2016, I wished we had immediately exchanged it for a PS4.

My character on my original account got teleported out of his vehicle and had money rained on him. I ended up creating another account in my wife's name and kept her out of the PS3 public sessions and legit.

I still play on both accounts and made playing GTAO more complicated than it needed to be, lol. All because of needlessly starting out on PS3.

fw3
17 hours ago, computertech82 said:

What missions can I go though without being forced to pvp?

There's lots of non-PVP events, jobs, and missions you can do. Just explore the options in-game.

I recommend looking at what previous repliers mentioned, as well as some of the more arcade style activities, like Racing and Survivals, call Dom for some Base Jumping, or enjoy the passive games like Golf, Darts, and Arm Wrestling for a change of pace.

Myself, I like to go up to Mt. Chilliad and go Hiker Hunting. Cops never chase you up there and the hikers always respawn, enthusiastically. 

computertech82

Heist forces pvp? wow. 

21 hours ago, whywontyoulisten said:

Contact missions. Dispatch missions. Heists. CEO work in Invite/Friend/Solo Public sessions. Play smart.

I'm on pc, there is no online solo, invite only, or even crew only. hiker hunting.......lol! But that probably doesn't make much money.

fw3
1 hour ago, computertech82 said:

hiker hunting.......lol! But that probably doesn't make much money.

I made about $63 bucks Hiker Hunting in just under an hour. Not for nothing, but coin is coin! :D

kcole4001

Heist forces pvp? wow. 

I'm on pc, there is no online solo, invite only, or even crew only. hiker hunting........

There is if you know how:

https://www.reddit.com/r/gtaonline/comments/4n8094/tip_if_you_are_on_pc_block_these_ports_using_your/

There is also CodeSwine, but this may(?) get you flagged for "modding" online, can't see why, it's basically just automating the port blocking routine as far as I can tell.

https://www.gta5-mods.com/tools/gta5o-private-public-lobby-with-multi-ip-whitelist

We can be like GTA Howard Hughes! Never go out in public again. 🙂

Grind in peace!

Agent 14
Posted (edited)

The constant advertisement on gta o. 

A new player would be furious at the amount of ads that rockstar implemented on this game to promote shark card sales.

Because nothing is more annoying to be reminded every 3 minutes to buy

MC Club and businesses.

CEO Office Warehouses Vehicles warehouses and Garage 

Bunker and MOC

Facility and Avenger

Nightclub Terrorbyte 

Arena Wars

Have i missed anything?

Edited by Agent 14

BlanketGrinder

PC is only worth playing if you find a way to bypass the cheater scum. And the only way to do that is by using your firewall as above stated.

Me and some friends do these firewall blocked lobbies when needed. Poke me if you want to know more. We always got room for one more.

Lonely-Martin
19 hours ago, computertech82 said:

Heist forces pvp? wow. 

Only in prep jobs for Doomsday Heist can potential PvP be a thing.

The setups and finales are PvP free, just like the original 5 heists. All PvE. And even though the prep jobs can involve PvP, if you fail or get killed, it costs nothing and can be restarted anytime plus if on a criminal mastermind challenge for Doomsday, being killed on prep jobs doesn't compromise that challenge as the kills/deaths don't matter out in freemode.

19 hours ago, computertech82 said:

I'm on pc, there is no online solo, invite only, or even crew only.

Is there not?

I don't play PC but always thought lobby choices were the same as consoles. Do you load onto online from start up?

Try loading into story mode, then pause the game and select the online section, should have the option to join online in a solo, invite, or crew session. We can't do businesses or the Doomsday prep jobs in these lobbies, but VIP/CEO/MC works and challenges can be, MC contracts too, plus access any game mode like heists, missions, adv modes, or the arena etc - There are ways to get solo public for business access on PC too, but you'll have to search how as I don't know, sorry.

Apologies if those session types aren't on PC though, I always thought they were, lol. Hope it helps. :)

computertech82

If I start the game, it gives the option of online or story. Online simply takes me to a session, no choices at all. If I go to story, the menu there to start online is normal or a session with SOME crew members. It would be nice having more choices on pc.

Lonely-Martin

If I start the game, it gives the option of online or story. Online simply takes me to a session, no choices at all. If I go to story, the menu there to start online is normal or a session with SOME crew members. It would be nice having more choices on pc.

Fair play, my mistake there. Yeah, you PC guys should have the same options we console users get for sure, it's a real shame how R* don't offer that and more-so a shame how the cheating can be an issue or R*'s handling of it all there on PC. :)

Maxx1013

When in story mode if you scroll to the online tab and go down to play GTA online you should have a few options go, invite only, crew, closed crew, friend, solo. I don't play PC so I could be wrong but I thought I saw some PC players here say they only use invite only because of all the hackers in public sessions.

BlanketGrinder
3 hours ago, Maxx1013 said:

When in story mode if you scroll to the online tab and go down to play GTA online you should have a few options go, invite only, crew, closed crew, friend, solo. I don't play PC so I could be wrong but I thought I saw some PC players here say they only use invite only because of all the hackers in public sessions.

All those lobby types work just fine on PC. Just hosted a car meet in an invite only lobby, to safely keep randoms out.

size_m
10 hours ago, computertech82 said:

please don't spread nonsense like that.

of course there are all the same modes possible like on consoles!

you seem to be new on gta.

just do what other people adviced in this thread (loading into story first and then choose the desired mode from the online menu).

computertech82
14 hours ago, size_m said:

please don't spread nonsense like that.

of course there are all the same modes possible like on consoles!

you seem to be new on gta.

just do what other people adviced in this thread (loading into story first and then choose the desired mode from the online menu).

Please don't spread nonsense like that. You must not play on a pc. story mode only allows normal, with some friends, or some crew members. PERIOD.

Edited by computertech82

Mach1bud
14 minutes ago, computertech82 said:

Please don't spread nonsense like that. You must not play on a pc. story mode only allows normal, with some friends, or some crew members. PERIOD.

PC has all the same options as consoles. 

Pause>Online>Invite Only. Screenshot from PC.

A1B8D7B362F501C6CF2052153DEC9E0873F5C656

Edited by Mach1bud

Lonely-Martin

I thought it sounded weird that for PC not to have invite sessions and such, lol.

Thanks for clearing that up guys. :)

size_m
8 hours ago, computertech82 said:

oh i'm the one who's spreading nonsense now?

although i'm playing on pc for years and "mach1bud" has also shown proof for all the existing modes on pc (exactly the same like on consoles).

you better get yourself familiar with the game mechanics before claiming such nonsense so that other people (on consoles) start to believe that bs.

Edited by size_m

computertech82
On 3/13/2019 at 10:59 PM, Mach1bud said:

My gta 5 (steam) doesn't have that option.. I don't even have the options of closed sessions nor solo session.

3148e0y.jpg

Edited by computertech82

AirWolf359
2 hours ago, computertech82 said:

My gta 5 (steam) doesn't have that option.. I don't even have the options of closed sessions nor solo session.

3148e0y.jpg

Press "Play GTA Online" first, then you'll get the options from the screen above

On 3/14/2019 at 3:59 AM, Mach1bud said:

HamwithCheese

Are you really a computer tech? 

Kushology
4 hours ago, computertech82 said:

My gta 5 (steam) doesn't have that option.. I don't even have the options of closed sessions nor solo session

My copy does, also from Steam. 🤔

1 hour ago, HamwithCheese said:

Should've chose a better name given the above posts.

Endjinn
9 hours ago, computertech82 said:

3148e0y.jpg

tenor.gif?itemid=7813284

LOL, as with so many things in life, pressing the 'start' button cures all ills.

CaptainMarvel

This thread smelling kind of fishy...

deadx23

I have the best PC options.

ALifeOfMisery
4 minutes ago, deadx23 said:

I have the best PC options.

Me too, the option where I click Go and no one else can ever join me.

computertech82
18 hours ago, HamwithCheese said:

You really need to learn difference between hardware (computertech) and software. I do feel stupid, not knowing there was yet another menu on the menu to play online. But then, i'm a computer tech, I only build them.