Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. Gameplay
      2. Missions
      3. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Arena War
      2. After Hours
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA Next

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

DarkReign27

Which game should be priority?

Recommended Posts

DarkReign27
Posted (edited)

I'm curious now after Red Dead Online doing so poorly do you think GTA Online's foundation should get priority? Most games as soon as they are complete they cut the team to almost nothing to do smaller tasks while the larger team moves onto the new, so future content doesn't seem to deliver in this day and age.

 

I wondered if you had a choice between a large Red Dead Online Live Service team because it's new or GTA5 that's successful, which one would it be until GTA6? I myself choose GTA Online (Unless they continue to release DLC and not fix things) which it may happen since Red Dead isn't continued profitability except for single player DLCs. I can't see Red Dead Online becoming the new GTA Online now but we'll see I guess but I'd rather GTAOnline be focused than see Red Dead keep trying and failing, I don't see them getting over this hump but that's my opinion. I just think one does suffer more than the other when it's like this making them both worse in the end.

Edited by DarkReign27

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ilovefreebird

GTA IV.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sanches

Still waiting for Table Tennis sequel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lennymuhboi

GTA V. At least there is something to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lonely-Martin

If I was to choose my preference, as it stands, GTA:O.

 

If we're going by the bigger earner or larger potential to attract all playstyles, GTA:O.

 

If we're going by the game that needs it more, RDRO.

 

Both easily can equally be managed though, IMO. R* made a huge fortune. Grow the teams of both. That's my vote, though if RDRO doesn't add session choice, then I couldn't care less and would say GTA:O more and more. I can play this game my way unlike RDRO. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bandersnatch

GTA VI / GTA:O 2 whit out the monetisation should be a priority, most definitely listen to feed back in regards to lobby options, pve content and PvP balancing. 

 

As for RdR2 make an awesome single player story DLC.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MyUziWeighsATon

Midnight Club, duh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Voodoo-Hendrix

Both should be top priority.

 

R* can certainly afford it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Standard Deluxe 59

I'd say GTA online, it's bigger, more profitable, has a bigger player base and hasn't had it's overall player numbers drop like Red Dead did last month. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
REXX

Le Gee Tee Aye Onlain.

 

Easily.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Big Molio
3 hours ago, Bandersnatch said:

As for RdR2 make an awesome single player story DLC.

I think that is where RDR2's longevity could lie, because there is sod all to do or buy in a multiplayer environment, as fantastic as the map is.

 

One or two lengthy single player DLC stories set in the RDR2 universe would go down a storm, with new, well written protaganists to play as.

 

Players would pay for it I would say.

 

But what they will do instead is limp along with this great empty expanse of nothing throwing crumbs out every so often. I haven't even bothered with RDR Online at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DarkReign27

I would like both priority like Hendrix mentioned but I know they won't even if they can afford it, already Red Dead 2 team is onto the next big thing Bully 2 or GTA6. Definetly a good idea if they focused most with Single Player DLC for Red Dead than Online. With GTA focused on more on Online since they already shafted single player, that ship saled long ago.

 

GTA 6 already is priority but I was saying if they kind of combined the online skeleton crews to prioritize, I definetly find GTA is going strong even with it's bad decisions, even with age GTAV's online can still be great if they start caring quality over quantity overlooking it's age. Thx for the comments though just wondered where some stood, not saying RDO doesn't deserve Online love but I just don't see it going anywhere near GTA5 or GTA6 now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fw3

I played RDR2 once.

While the game was beautiful and the controls were great, it did nothing to draw me in and make me want to play any further, let alone go buy the game.
That's just me, of course.

So, in my opinion, if resources were to be allocated where I thought they should go, then of course I'd direct them to GTA6.

GTAV and GTAO had an extensive run which is still being enjoyed and continues to be profitable, arguably.
However, like the miniature train ride at the local zoo, we've all grown up and moved on to bigger things in life. Like, commuter trains to work or school.

If they chose to focus resources on GTAV or Online, then make a map extension and give players something new to explore and be excited about.
That's the problem with GTAV and GTAO right now... there's nothing in it to excite players anymore.

Just my 3¢. Cheers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jenkiiii

As a GTA fan I'm kind of relieved that RDR2 online has failed to live up to expectations. And didn't Strauss Zelnick announce a year or so ago that RDR2 was focused on being a stop-gap between GTA iterations? Rockstar have already made a healthy profit on 'physical' sales of RDR2, and you can be 100% sure that they will continue to monetise it, but the reality is, if Rockstar had transitioned directly from GTA 5 to GTA 6 then it would have made less of an impact then wedging RDR2 in-between. Rockstar now have the opportunity to siphon off profits from both online games AND release a mammoth GTA 6 in the future that will make billions on billions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
deadx23

GTA 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Endjinn

Is there such a thing as top priority in R* games?

 

I'm not sure that there is or can be, not after the astronomical costs of making these titles. We're talking about a quarter of a billion dollars for each title, give or take a few tens of millions. You don't just pick a favourite after that kind of time, effort and investment. They should give both titles equal consideration.

 

Now that RDR2 is out, I would hope there is a sustained effort in developing and releasing GTA6 and, I hope upon hope, an online version. I'm not sure how R* manages its staff, but I would imagine there is a dedicated team for the online versions of both titles who are busy going out of their way to make our online lives miserable better and more fulfilling.:D

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
R3CON
Posted (edited)

Theoretically we should've went directly to GTA VI instead of Red Dead. Enough time has passed since V's launch in 2013 and GTA is clearly the better return on investment financially. Profits from GTA V and GTA Online have been immensely lucrative for the company quarter after quarter, year after year. 

 

That having been said Red Dead Online is here, nevertheless, and they need all the content and development Rockstar can afford. 

 

GTA Online, still the bread and butter, needs the exact same amount of attention considering it remains very profitable and popular. 

 

Honestly, I don't see why Rockstar can't fully support Red Dead and GTA Online and develop the next GTA at the same time. Somehow Apple can develop iPhones and new iPads and updated MacBooks at the same time. Somehow Disney can develop Avengers movies and Star Wars and Toy Story without there being budget concerns. Hyundai can still release new sedans at the same time they release new SUVs. Multinational corporations can do multiple things at the same time. 

 

Rockstar is one of the most financially successful developers out there when you think of the profits of both GTA and Red Dead, not just in terms of initial sales or recurring sales but also when it comes to online monetization. I really don't think we have to pick and choose which game starves and which game is blessed with new content. Rockstar isn't some random indie dev treading water. This isn't new territory. 

 

It's hard to decide which game deserves the short end of the stick because RDO, GTAO and GTA VI arguably all need attention right now. 

Edited by R3CON

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nem_Wan

Rockstar has already shown they can do major DLC for GTA at the same time as working on Red Dead. After Hours has some of the highest production value second to heists and it was released three months before RDR2, so of course they were also working like crazy on that.

 

It's premature to write off RDO. Remember the freemode GTAO has now didn't exist for the first couple years. Heists didn't exist for the first year. Rockstar said they were losing players in GTAO for the first year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lonely-Martin
1 hour ago, Jenkiiii said:

As a GTA fan I'm kind of relieved that RDR2 online has failed to live up to expectations. And didn't Strauss Zelnick announce a year or so ago that RDR2 was focused on being a stop-gap between GTA iterations? Rockstar have already made a healthy profit on 'physical' sales of RDR2, and you can be 100% sure that they will continue to monetise it, but the reality is, if Rockstar had transitioned directly from GTA 5 to GTA 6 then it would have made less of an impact then wedging RDR2 in-between. Rockstar now have the opportunity to siphon off profits from both online games AND release a mammoth GTA 6 in the future that will make billions on billions.

I'm hopeful all the negativity towards RDRO really proves to help with the next GTA:O. Had they done what they have with RDRO to the next GTA and we not had that stop-gap between, I feel it'd been so much worse for us longer term fans of GTA, but now they can see what's a hit or miss over there and make a better attempt with GTA:O. 

 

At least that's my hope as that's all I have now. I do like RDR/RDR2 very much so it really is a shame they are killing/wasting that potential with RDRO for me. So though I'm hopeful, my expectations are still at an all time low.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kenmy13999
13 minutes ago, Lonely-Martin said:

I'm hopeful all the negativity towards RDRO really proves to help with the next GTA:O. Had they done what they have with RDRO to the next GTA and we not had that stop-gap between, I feel it'd been so much worse for us longer term fans of GTA, but now they can see what's a hit or miss over there and make a better attempt with GTA:O. 

 

At least that's my hope as that's all I have now. I do like RDR/RDR2 very much so it really is a shame they are killing/wasting that potential with RDRO for me. So though I'm hopeful, my expectations are still at an all time low.

I also have some of the same thoughts. 

 

RDO was a bit rough much geared towards microtransactions imo and if that turned successful, I can only imagine how next gtao would've turned out 🤔 also to much focus on pvp when they easily could've focused on both pvp and pve/co-op 

 

 

As others have said I also think I would be possible for them to focus on both games and at the same time work on next gta but if I have to choose between gtao and rdo it's going to be gtao :)

I bought rdr2 because of the story and got what I wanted, RDO was just a bonus if it turned/turns out to be good 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gdiddywilson

From what I understand their overhead hasn't risen much since 2013. As in they maximize their operations by just increasing their developers' workload rather than hiring more people. Idk, I mean thats pretty much every company's business model nowadays.

 

I have this vision of devs chained to the floor in front of their workspace being fed via dogbowls on the floor with a mixture of cold porridge and 5 hour energy shots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TankGirl

I love Red Dead story mode but I stopped playing the online because I personally found it awful. R really needs to focus on RD2O but also they cant forget about GTAO, I am sure they have the money to work on both. 

On 3/10/2019 at 6:06 PM, Big Molio said:

I think that is where RDR2's longevity could lie, because there is sod all to do or buy in a multiplayer environment, as fantastic as the map is.

 

One or two lengthy single player DLC stories set in the RDR2 universe would go down a storm, with new, well written protaganists to play as.

 

Players would pay for it I would say.

 

But what they will do instead is limp along with this great empty expanse of nothing throwing crumbs out every so often. I haven't even bothered with RDR Online at all.

I agree with you. I would much much prefer they focus on story mode DLC's.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MARINA
Posted (edited)

R* could put horses in GTAO and Red Dead Online would be practically redundant. GTAO all the way.

Edited by MARINA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
YourBakedSkoda

GTAO. There's more players, more wanted content, more GLITCHES, and more interesting for the majority of R*'s fanbase (me included.) The vehicle wishlist is still alive and kicking (although R* would rather do more weaponised sh*t with advanced handling flags) and there's more requests from GTAO players every day. What'll they do with RDRO, add some more guns and horses that are different colours? No.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aquahaze2
On 3/10/2019 at 10:03 AM, DarkReign27 said:

Most games as soon as they are complete they cut the team to almost nothing to do smaller tasks while the larger team moves onto the new, so future content doesn't seem to deliver in this day and age.

 

This day and age? The age of games as services? 

This isn't even a question its a statement roughly translating to "RDO sucks and no one likes it also I love gta online but f*ck Rockstar they need to make it better"

 

I mean literally every comment (or "question") related to gta online is this kind of passive aggressive bitching but in this case its not even an attack on Rockstar its an attack on modern gaming companies for not focusing enough on multiplayer and putting all their resources in single player games, which in addition to not being true is also typically the complete opposite of what people want...or at least say they want. After all despite being a dumpster fire rdo is pulling in more players than the masterpiece that is the single player mode

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DarkReign27
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Nem_Wan said:

Rockstar has already shown they can do major DLC for GTA at the same time as working on Red Dead. After Hours has some of the highest production value second to heists and it was released three months before RDR2, so of course they were also working like crazy on that.

 

It's premature to write off RDO. Remember the freemode GTAO has now didn't exist for the first couple years. Heists didn't exist for the first year. Rockstar said they were losing players in GTAO for the first year.

I'd like both but I'm just going by how these companies operate now with fast market gain or dump the project much like EA does. Not sure if this Corporation will do that, maybe you're right they'll keep both going like before but times changed in the industry it's imploding to this sort of company mentality of investors getting impatient it's become the norm.

 

They want more money than previous games they must go up UP forever, they don't want to lose money or stay still for very long it's a fantasy they are chasing. Maybe this all will speed up GTA6 development which is good and bad I guess, one hand we have a new GTA faster on the second hand it may be incomplete and oh boy we see that circus going on in AAA.

Edited by DarkReign27

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aquahaze2
18 minutes ago, DarkReign27 said:

I'd like both but I'm just going by how these companies operate now with fast market gain or dump the project much like EA does. Not sure if this Corporation will do that, maybe you're right they'll keep both going like before but times changed in the industry it's imploding to this sort of company mentality of investors getting impatient it's become the norm.

 

They want more money than previous games they must go up UP forever, they don't want to lose money or stay still for very long. Maybe that will speed up GTA6 development which is good and bad I guess, one hand we have a new GTA faster on the second hand it may be incomplete and oh boy we see that circus going on in AAA.

Yeah man you know Rockstar, they just f*cking crank out games like nobodies business. You know they released another game only 5 YEARS after GTA? The nerve! Why they just gave into their greedy share holders, red dead redemption 2 was a shameless cash grab they just threw together for money. They probably only spent a week on horse ball physics!!

 

Look im going to help you out because you've obviously brand new to gaming, you want to bitch ABOUT the online modes and how Rockstar is MILKING them and NOT making new games frequently. Also fyi they've stated before that GTAO is a separate game from GTA V and just "happens" to share a location and assets. Meaning there probably wont be a "GTA 6 Online" at all 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DarkReign27
18 hours ago, aquahaze2 said:

Yeah man you know Rockstar, they just f*cking crank out games like nobodies business. You know they released another game only 5 YEARS after GTA? The nerve! Why they just gave into their greedy share holders, red dead redemption 2 was a shameless cash grab they just threw together for money. They probably only spent a week on horse ball physics!!

 

Look im going to help you out because you've obviously brand new to gaming, you want to bitch ABOUT the online modes and how Rockstar is MILKING them and NOT making new games frequently. Also fyi they've stated before that GTAO is a separate game from GTA V and just "happens" to share a location and assets. Meaning there probably wont be a "GTA 6 Online" at all 

You okay. You seem disgruntled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Agent 14

The one that bringing take two the money in microtransactions. GTA O.

 

However RDO need to be focused on first due to the fact that online thus far is a huge failure and take two added microtransactions to it to rub more salt in the wound. This game needs a major overhaul online. The Problem with RDO is that no matter how many updates the game gets it will never be as diverse as GTA O since they're not going to add things that don't belong in that wild west era that the game sets in. 

 

It's always going to be the same sh*t just reskinned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quinn_flower

Neither they are both bad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.