1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Ryan5252

Money Wipe

Collibosher
2 minutes ago, Natsuki said:

I doubt they wanted to ban like, 50% of the playerbase lmao

Ban 20% as an "example" to what happens to cheaters. Strike fear into the hearts of players... Now players just think "Of course I should try this glitch, what's the worst that could happen, account adjust?, big f*cking deal"

EkaSwede
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Collibosher said:

Ban 20% as an "example" to what happens to cheaters. Strike fear into the hearts of players... Now players just think "Of course I should try this glitch, what's the worst that could happen, account adjust?, big f*cking deal"

Unfortunately 80% would become obnoxious smuglords to everyone being like "Haha I didn't need to work, screw you who work for your stuff *passive aggressive smiley*"

Edited by EkaSwede

Mokuakae

You stole R*'s money and now R* are stealing it back. Fun times.

whywontyoulisten
Just now, MsBrandi said:

Ok there are some population that loves glitching, but how about minimizing that population by buffing the payouts i'm sure people would gradually shift to playing and enjoying the game rather than glitching it out, right? No? 😀

The challenge of glitching is often more fun and rewarding than the tedious grind of businesses/terrible adversary modes/races where children drive backwards and ram everybody. Some of these multi-stage, multi-player ones require pinpoint timing, planning, problem-solving and teamwork, and the short term life expectancy adds a little sense of urgency to get it figured out. I remember the satisfaction we got from storing a worn black Huntley from a source mission using four people, each with a specific role, and lots of trial and error along the way. Ok, so recent glitches have allowed us to make the same damn car with Benny's wheels and various other tint and pearl tricks, but I've still got that piece of sh*t simply because of the memory it invokes. Dropping cars through the docks into other people's bunkers also required a certain amount of skill!

Of course, this doesn't really apply to the Lester plane glitch because it was piss easy. A proper kiddy YouTuber one. I was too busy merging worn beater Emperors to my existing (and paid for!) fleet to be tempted.

Natsuki
1 minute ago, Collibosher said:

They would never do something like that. That would be the death of the game.

This game is already almost 6 years old. It's a miracle it's still as active as it is. But banning any large percentage, especially for something as stupid as to set an "example" would be a fast track to the end. Especially when they can just remove the cash.

And I'm sure they value having larger player numbers over being petty like that.

kcole4001
Posted (edited)

I had to have a quick login to see if they swiped any of my money.

Never did the glitch, but it appears that some have had money removed for the Pegasus refund when your Buzzard or Cargobob despawn and you get a $200 refund.

I've had a fair number of those refunds, but none recently.

No money removed.

This just arrived today, so I know what I'll be doing until a decent bonus week appears:

9112zGRitXL._SL1500_.jpg

I picked up a used copy from Amazon, my son's not using his XBox 360 much, so time to play cowboy.

There was a good mod for Mount & Blade which I've played, 1866 mod, but it never got finished and feels fairly empty after a certain point, so this should scratch that old west itch.

Not gonna do zombies, though!  🙂

Edited by kcole4001

elfoam
3 hours ago, Fun 2 said:

All your stats are saved on the cloud, your money and everything changed while you were sleeping.

Logging in doesn't trigger the change, it's just that you are notified of changes made to your account.

This depends on the type of money wipe as I'm sure you know there's a complete bypass for the usual kind.

AboveAndBeyoncé
6 minutes ago, elfoam said:

This depends on the type of money wipe as I'm sure you know there's a complete bypass for the usual kind.

Doesn't that bypass get you permanently banned?

Endjinn
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Jenkiiii said:

To smooth the impact of the 'reconciliation', last night I sold 5 Vigilantes, and I also have all three Cerberus trucks in my collection, a stack of new super cars, full upgrades to all my Arena Wars vehicles, and stacks of masks and outfits that I will probably never wear or look at, oh yeah... and a load of different blimps lol. I guess I spent about 30-40 million on stacks of junk and other stuff I would not normally have bought :D. It's a weird way of Rockstar getting you to spend so much money on their game :D

LOL, yeah I'm giving it a few days before I start cashing in my Vigilante/Scramjet bonds. I lost $2Million and I only did it on one character, the other two are duped up to their eyeballs so there was no need.

First time I've ever had money taken back, I have to admit, I quite enjoyed the new experience.:colgate:

Spoiler

It would have been significantly less enjoyable if I didn't invest it in high value toys though and lost the lot.:cry:

5 hours ago, EkaSwede said:

Are people just plain forgetting that Rockstar can actually reset accounts? Don't think you're safe just because you bought a million Scramjets. At worst Rockstar could just go "Fine, smart guy, we'll reset your account. Not so smart now, eh?"

And that's exactly why I don't invest all my time on a single character, better to have at least a couple, just in case.;)

Edited by Endjinn

Maxx1013
1 hour ago, MsBrandi said:

Ok there are some population that loves glitching, but how about minimizing that population by buffing the payouts i'm sure people would gradually shift to playing and enjoying the game rather than glitching it out, right? No? 😀

If R* buffed payouts on contact missions, LTS, deathmatches and survivals and slightly reduced the prices of new items I wouldn't bother glitching. There is no way in hell I am grinding the same boring I/E and gunrunning missions everyday with a**holes trying to destroy my stuff just so I can but the new business and a few new cars.

During the 2x missions there was a dupe glitch going on I didn't even bother doing cause I made over 2 million from missions while actually having fun but now thats finished and I'm running low on dupes next time I bother playing I'll be duping.

Scottiedog123
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mokuakae said:

You stole R*'s money and now R* are stealing it back. Fun times.

R* are stealing our money all the time... Lots of their sh*t doesn't work properly, breaks, I've lost count of all the sly little ways they rob us, and they rob us even when we are paying for stuff. They need to get better business brains and better accountants, their whole pricing structure is fked up, they charge way too much for things and in game $. Whilst not making fking millions from things that already exist in game but won't give us. I would truly love to see the game bought out by a company that would do everything properly.

I would imagine some people who were hit hard will just use other methods now to get back what R* have taken and a lot more.. good luck to you guys.  

Edited by Scottiedog123

Maxx1013

I knew this was coming that's why I didn't touch this on my main account but I did abuse this on my second account. I honestly could not care less about this wipe. Before I did this glitch I had 300k now I have over 30 million in cars to sell and I upgraded my office, bought the 3 garages and mod shop, bunker, MOC, facility, Avenger, Deluxo, Vigilante, Scramjet, Tank, Entity, Entity XXR, Elegy Retro Custom, Pariah and a lot more I can't remember. I also spent millions upgrading all my cars with the Bennys merge glitch and I fully modded an Issi for duping. R* can take the cash I had but I really didn't lose anything. All this glitch did was gain me so much stuff and money stored away ready the the next DLC. 

6LXmJPw.png

CarimboHanky
2 hours ago, CaptainMarvel said:

Exactly, what’s the purpose of hoarding virtual cash if you aren’t BUYING the virtual items you want? 

the purpose of hoarding virtual cash is to be able to buy more virtual items once the next dlc drop! 😂

Maxx1013
11 minutes ago, Scottiedog123 said:

R* are stealing our money all the time... Lots of their sh*t doesn't work properly, breaks, I've lost count of all the sly little ways they rob us, and they rob us even when we are paying for stuff

I've been screwed over a lot. Had I/E cars freeze out the front of my warehouse making me restart the game losing the time I spent getting the car and the 20k I put into it. During 2x bunker sales I didn't even get the money from a sale and more times than I can count I've had my daily objective weekly/monthly bonus reset.

CarimboHanky
1 hour ago, Collibosher said:

Now players just think "Of course I should try this glitch, what's the worst that could happen, account adjust?, big f*cking deal"

that have been the way of thinking for years now...

do the glitch, if R* finds out the worst that could happen is getting the money removed.

same thing goes for duping, go fill all 200 garage spots with dupes, whats the worst that could happen? R* limit your ability to sell them dupes.

Scottiedog123

Yeah they are fkin hypocrites. 

I find it annoying as they could be giving us the most amazing game ever created rather than spoiling it. 

They have all the tools and info. at their fingertips. This game could be sooo much more profitable and they just don't give a fk. It seems to me they are the laziest bunch of people, even more money won't make them work a little harder, they have a formula (a sh*t one) but it makes them enough so that's ok. 

They  should realise that the serious offenders secured most of their cash, they will hurt the more decent, cash (real money) spending players.

Their attitude over this issue has made my mind up.. I will never buy their shart cards again.. and I've bought a lot. Don't have lots of time to grind, but that's ok i will cheat. Carefully.

They have a totally slapdash attitude to their work they should be ashamed. They should look at themselves and how they can improve the game as to offer a method of making decent money, their balance of pricing items to force card sales is all wrong, is anyone even in charge there? Anyone have a clue what they are doing? Fkin clowns.. it's the same in many other areas of life and industry. Lazy, greedy, stupid, and they only get worse. I fear for the next game on so many levels.

Agent 14
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Collibosher said:

Money wipe lol, Y no permaban?

tenor.gif?itemid=10251428

Because about a 40% of players have moved on from GTA O. If they were to permaban everybody who did the glitch the game would be a ghost town in most lobbies. Maybe a temp ban plus money wipe then badsport after ban would've been a better punishment. But hey i still have my 38 millions from bogdan re runs bunker and MC Sales so when the next big thing comes ill be griefing those mark 2 scrubs for the hell of it.

4 minutes ago, Scottiedog123 said:

I find it annoying as they could be giving us the most amazing game ever created rather than spoiling it. 

They have all the tools and info. at their fingertips. This game could be sooo much more profitable and they just don't give a fk. It seems to me they are the laziest bunch of people, even more money won't make them work a little harder, they have a formula (a sh*t one) but it makes them enough so that's ok. 

They  should realise that the serious offenders secured most of their cash, they will hurt the more decent, cash (real money) spending players.

Their attitude over this issue has made my mind up.. I will never buy their shart cards again.. and I've bought a lot. Don't have lots of time to grind, but that's ok i will cheat. Carefully.

They have a totally slapdash attitude to their work they should be ashamed. They should look at themselves and how they can improve the game as to offer a method of making decent money, their balance of pricing items to force card sales is all wrong, is anyone even in charge there? Anyone have a clue what they are doing? Fkin clowns.. it's the same in many other areas of life and industry. Lazy, greedy, stupid, and they only get worse. I fear for the next game on so many levels.

How dare they take my "obvious" glitched Lester money waaah the horror. 

Seriously if you glitched and expected no repercussions then idk what to tell you.

Edited by Agent 14

Scottiedog123
Posted (edited)

Wow.. get over yourself.

Who said I did? I didn't.

The main thread of what I'm saying is relating to ALL the poor decisions made by R*.

And I think this is also one, as they won't be hurting the players that cheat the most.

I think they have a cheek taking money from people when their game is so faulty, and robs us on a constant basis.

Edit.

I knew someone like you would pop up, and I'll leave it at that.

Go look for argument somewhere else.

Edited by Scottiedog123

Agent 14
3 minutes ago, Scottiedog123 said:

Wow.. get over yourself.

Who said I did? I didn't.

The main thread of what I'm saying is relating to ALL the poor decisions made by R*.

And I think this is also one, as they won't be hurting the players that cheat the most.

I knew someone like you would pop up, now fk off

why so hostile? If you didn't then this shouldn't affect you. Calm down there Bubba. Life too short to be getting your panties twisted in a bunch over something someone said on the internet.

Endjinn
Spoiler
4 minutes ago, Scottiedog123 said:

Couldn't agree more mate.

I'm taking it a step further and abandoning any form of legitimate income gathering. F*ck the Nightclub and AFK passive production, (yes, I said production lol) F*ck 2X anything weeks, and f*ck grinding for good. Surprisingly, though probably not believably :blink: this has nothing to do with the Lester thing lol. 

Agent 14
2 minutes ago, Endjinn said:
  Hide contents

Couldn't agree more mate.

I'm taking it a step further and abandoning any form of legitimate income gathering. F*ck the Nightclub and AFK passive production, (yes, I said production lol) F*ck 2X anything weeks, and f*ck grinding for good. Surprisingly, though probably not believably :blink: this has nothing to do with the Lester thing lol. 

Bogdan is the way to go my friend... Lol I barely do Sales or Bunker anymore because of rockstar shenanigans, (Buggy Trash trucks Post op trucks bugged air drop markers and the fact you can't do it in a private lobby with friends) if you have a buddy you can make 14 million a week by running Bogdan twice a day. Ain't no Lester money but hey is something.

Scottiedog123
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Agent 14 said:

why so hostile? If you didn't then this shouldn't affect you. Calm down there Bubba. Life too short to be getting your panties twisted in a bunch over something someone said on the internet.

Yeah ok sorry, I don't like the way you make an assumption. And I actually find that hostile as you talked to me like a prick. As far as I know I have never quoted something you have said and insulted you. When someone speaks to me in that way just because they have made an assumption or disagree with me then they will be met with total hostility. People don't do that to your face. I disagree with lots of people's opinions but I don't go straight at them personally, and I will be extra vigilant now to make sure my behaviour is on point.👊

I'm trying to talk about how R* are consistently providing poor quality and issues that actually take money from us.

Edited by Scottiedog123

Agent 14
1 minute ago, Scottiedog123 said:

Yeah ok sorry, I don't like the way you make an assumption. And I actually find that hostile as you talked to me like a prick. As far as I know I have never quoted something you have said and insulted you. When someone speaks to me in that way just because they have made an assumption or disagree with me then they will be met with total hostility. People don't do that to your face. I disagree with lots of people's opinions but I don't go straight at them personally, and I will be extra vigilant now to make sure my behaviour is on point.👊

I'm trying to talk about how R* are consistently providing poor quality and issues that actually take money from us.

I apologize if I came up like a dick to ya.

And yeah rockstar are scumbags since they're the biggest thieves of all. 

Take the I/E business for example you steal a car that's worth 2. Something mil. Then have to spend 20k of your own money to remove the tracker and paint it but NPCs still come after you and if lucky you make about 80k depending on what's happening in the lobby and or npc drivers shenanigans. I'd said 500k for selling a stolen supercar would be more than fair. Might as well open up a chop shop and sell the damn engine for 80ks or whatever. Those businesses aren't worth grinding unless you do them on double.

Endjinn
10 minutes ago, Scottiedog123 said:

Yeah ok sorry, I don't like the way you make an assumption. 

4 minutes ago, Agent 14 said:

I apologize if I came up like a dick to ya.

Awww. See, Collective Hatred = Love, that was beautiful.

Scottiedog123
Posted (edited)

^^😂

Yeah c'mon guys we all together in this. For me it's not about if you glitch or not. We all the gamers, and we all know who the real thieves are👊

The nightclub is still robbing me. The cargo wont fill up, and there was me thinking of running some biker business through there, as I've never run them properly so was gonna invest... Not now.

Don't fancy paying out,god knows how many more thousands a day that would have cost me.

Edited by Scottiedog123

Urban Legends

Take all my money Lady Luck and open that casino!

White Shark

I don't agree with glitching, duping, hacking, modding etc to get items and money.

But R* could reduce this stuff going on significantly if it increased payouts and reduced the prices on items.  The gap between payouts and payments is too great, and forces a lot of people to be underhand. 

Personally I enjoy the grind, but then I do play this game a lot.  For those who are unable to play the game that often, it must be a nightmare to make money.

joeray25

what does it mean if rockstar added over $3m to my account

CanadianMuscle
4 hours ago, R3CON said:

Since they didn't wipe assets it's still a massive win for everyone who spent that cash quick and bought whatever they needed/wanted. Nice lil stimulus package. 

Although as I've said before, no love lost for those who didn't buy anything and just lost the money because double Doomsday was going on the same week. Hard to feel bad for loss of money from a glitch when Rockstar was throwing us a massive helping hand at the same time. Don't forget the final weekend of a $250K log-in bonus that was offered around that time as well. 

4 hours ago, CaptainMarvel said:

Exactly, what’s the purpose of hoarding virtual cash if you aren’t BUYING the virtual items you want? Literally go crazy buying any car or aircraft while truly modifying and paint perfecting without worrying about a budget. Get all those ridiculously priced clothes and masks. 

Buying the essentials like businesses that will bring that money back and spending a sh*tload on cars to sell was the best way to go. Because R* can't touch those.

INVEST... Mhm?

1463146583179.gif

RyuNova
Posted (edited)

So this is legit?

I have seen snippets of this all over the internet and I thought it was just people winding the masses up.

Edited by RyuNova