1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Happy Hunter

Did anybody buy the Rolling Block rifle?

Chrismads
2 hours ago, Happy Hunter said:

If it's like GTA, they can probably be seen from any distance when in a vehicle (in this case, a horse). GTA, you have a short draw distance when they're on foot - but can see them for miles when they're in a car.

I wouldn't be surprised if the standard draw distance though, is longer depending on console. PS4 is just a little more powerful than Xbox One. Then you have PS4 Pro, Xbox One X.

Hmmmm they've been on a horse now that you mention it.

Sammionna

I think I'm addicted to this thing, can't stop blowing noobs away with it! Thanks Hunter for shedding some light on this greatly underrated weapon. #RollingBlockSexuality

SuperJude™

It's my Go To weapon and was in RDR1 as well.

Lethal one shot killing machine and when you get the hang of the reload time it gets effective even in closer ranges.

Happy Hunter
Posted (edited)

More sniper pr0n.

Edited by Happy Hunter

The Occasional  Outlaw

Wow i still have a lot to learn about this game. I thought i might stick with the bolt action with the long scope but after reading all this, it seems I’ve been misguided a bit.

Ektope
1 hour ago, Happy Hunter said:

More sniper pr0n.

What sensitivity have you been using for first person aiming and acceleration? I'm still trying to adjust. It seems easier for me if maxed out the acceleration.

DarksunDaFirst
On 3/8/2019 at 4:56 PM, Ektope said:

Bolt Action isn't one-shot bodyshot, compared to Carcano. Bolt Action has medium scope while

Carcano has long scope.

Carcano isn’t a guaranteed one shot on the body either.  Headshots work on both though just fine, and the Bolt-Action can switch into medium range - the Carcano can’t. 

Chrismads
40 minutes ago, DarksunDaFirst said:

Carcano isn’t a guaranteed one shot on the body either.  Headshots work on both though just fine, and the Bolt-Action can switch into medium range - the Carcano can’t. 

Yeah but bolt action is useless beyond med-long range. It's damage drops drastically

Happy Hunter
9 hours ago, Ektope said:

What sensitivity have you been using for first person aiming and acceleration? I'm still trying to adjust. It seems easier for me if maxed out the acceleration.

Actually just the standard settings. I should probably tweak them some time. I don't use first person either, all third.

Chrismads
23 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

Actually just the standard settings. I should probably tweak them some time. I don't use first person either, all third.

My acceleration is maxed as well.

SuperJude™

Bolt Action is a solid gun for sure just not great long range. Has a faster reload time than the sniper rifles but if you're looking for those sweet long distance kills, Rolling Block is it.

Carcano is faster reloading but I never found any use for it. Seem like an Automatic Pistol/Mauser situation where  you pick one but not both?

I've had GREAT success with body shots too btw. Not over large distance then it takes a couple or more but close to medium range it's certainly uber effective.

DarksunDaFirst
11 hours ago, Chrismads said:

Yeah but bolt action is useless beyond med-long range. It's damage drops drastically

That's what the Rolling Block is for...

9 hours ago, Happy Hunter said:

8 hours ago, Chrismads said:

My acceleration is maxed as well.

Acceleration, imo, is not something I like messing with.  I want acceleration to be solely determined how much I'm pushing the stick.  

Eliminating the dead zone is key because it adds an inconsistency to the aiming mechanic that I just can't stand.

Ektope
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, DarksunDaFirst said:

It can be. With Landon's Patience III + Peak Condition III, it could do higher damage. I go with Focus Fire III + Landon's Patience III + Peak Condition III + Never Without One III when I'm sniping. In Name Your Weapon, the Carcano and Rolling Block have normal Regular rounds. They are kinda weak. But Express has higher potential to one-shot on bodyshot.

11 hours ago, Happy Hunter said:

In Pause > Settings > Controls > First Person > Aim Sensitivity, it says "Adjust the Aim Sensitivity setting whilst in First Person view or aiming down the sights of scoped weapons." This is Carcano and Rolling Block scope. I'm trying to adjust this and 'First Person - Aim/Look Sensitivity' which is "Adjust the amount of Acceleration between aiming and looking whilst in First Person view or aiming down the sights of scoped weapons." I normally play 3rd person as well. I've maxed 'Third Person - Look Sensitivity, Aim Sensitivity and Aim/Look Acceleration'. But trying to tweak with 'First Person' for the scopes.

2 hours ago, DarksunDaFirst said:

That's what the Rolling Block is for...

Acceleration, imo, is not something I like messing with.  I want acceleration to be solely determined how much I'm pushing the stick.  

Eliminating the dead zone is key because it adds an inconsistency to the aiming mechanic that I just can't stand.

With maxed out 'First Person - Aim/Look Acceleration', it is still dependent on how much I move the RS / R3 right stick. I tried changing 'Aim/Look Dead Zone' to 0 zero, and it seemed to make no difference. Still no difference when Dead Zone was maxed as well. I just left it at halfway like default.

When I tried having 'First Person - Aim Sensitivity' and 'First Person - Aim/Look Acceleration' at maxed, it was too fast that my reticule would hover past the target and makes it more difficult to land hits. Even the slightest movement of RS / R3 right stick would still miss the target. Or I just need to get used to it. Because if the targets were far apart from each other while I'm scoping, the speed to look from 1st target to 2nd target, it could help. But I might just need to manage the small right stick movement.

Edited by Ektope

DarksunDaFirst
1 hour ago, Ektope said:

It can be. With Landon's Patience III + Peak Condition III, it could do higher damage. I go with Focus Fire III + Landon's Patience III + Peak Condition III + Never Without One III when I'm sniping. In Name Your Weapon, the Carcano and Rolling Block have normal Regular rounds. They are kinda weak. But Express has higher potential to one-shot on bodyshot.

In Pause > Settings > Controls > First Person > Aim Sensitivity, it says "Adjust the Aim Sensitivity setting whilst in First Person view or aiming down the sights of scoped weapons." This is Carcano and Rolling Block scope. I'm trying to adjust this and 'First Person - Aim/Look Sensitivity' which is "Adjust the amount of Acceleration between aiming and looking whilst in First Person view or aiming down the sights of scoped weapons." I normally play 3rd person as well. I've maxed 'Third Person - Look Sensitivity, Aim Sensitivity and Aim/Look Acceleration'. But trying to tweak with 'First Person' for the scopes.

With maxed out 'First Person - Aim/Look Acceleration', it is still dependent on how much I move the RS / R3 right stick. I tried changing 'Aim/Look Dead Zone' to 0 zero, and it seemed to make no difference. Still no difference when Dead Zone was maxed as well. I just left it at halfway like default.

When I tried having 'First Person - Aim Sensitivity' and 'First Person - Aim/Look Acceleration' at maxed, it was too fast that my reticule would hover past the target and makes it more difficult to land hits. Even the slightest movement of RS / R3 right stick would still miss the target. Or I just need to get used to it. Because if the targets were far apart from each other while I'm scoping, the speed to look from 1st target to 2nd target, it could help. But I might just need to manage the small right stick movement.

See now you’re going into special conditions, which is nice and all, but you’re specializing at that point for a very narrow function.

But if it works for you, it works for you.  I simply explained what I do and why I do it...and it works beautifully without cards.  Just saying.

raysis
On 3/12/2019 at 8:04 PM, Happy Hunter said:

More sniper pr0n.

Wow you are amazing! 23 kills 0 deaths, Thanks for showing us, think i need to try this rifle too, but i havent got the express bullets yet... Seems like a good rifle to use on spoil of war 🙂 

Ektope
16 minutes ago, raysis said:

Wow you are amazing! 23 kills 0 deaths, Thanks for showing us, think i need to try this rifle too, but i havent got the express bullets yet... Seems like a good rifle to use on spoil of war 🙂 

On Spoil of War - Valentine, I noticed that the purple team was closer to the horse stable than orange team. I only just figured that out. The max number of kills with sniper I've went in a match was 11. I just need more practice.

Scarlett Meadow has to be my favourite map for sniping. It has a very long range with clear view. People could go from the sides, one side is lower terrain and the opposite is high hills (better for sniping). Or just snipalong the middle straight of map, with loads of covers.

TheShift

Not as legendary as @Happy Hunter ... but some more footage of this beast in action.

I trimmed the fat out of the video... basically dude sent a posse invite.. i ran into him on the street,was gong to check him out...then...

3rd kill shot is by far the reason you want this as your go to rifle ... 

He actually left server too... go figure...so play time was over 

raysis

Great that u putted that guy down Theshift :)

Just bought the rifle and got to test it  in a few rounds with spoil of war. 

It’s very funny to use it there, so hilarious to kill many far away with this rifle, 

Do you guys prefere the stock medium scope or the large one? 

Looking forward to get the express bullets on this one 🙂

But it’s also powerfull with regular bullets, sometimes they die with one hit, if not they got downed lol

Foxwolfe

I like the look of the long scope when it comes to the rolling block, medium on carcano.

TheShift
10 hours ago, raysis said:

Great that u putted that guy down Theshift :)

Just bought the rifle and got to test it  in a few rounds with spoil of war. 

It’s very funny to use it there, so hilarious to kill many far away with this rifle, 

Looking forward to get the express bullets on this one 🙂

But it’s also powerfull with regular bullets, sometimes they die with one hit, if not they got downed lol

I switched between both..but found I like the large scope 

I really just like how the large one looks on the gun..more than anything 

Edited by TheShift

Chrismads
12 hours ago, raysis said:

Long scope.

Got the springfield for medium scope business

Edited by Chrismads

Happy Hunter

wehweh01
9 hours ago, Happy Hunter said:

How the hell did you guys win if nobody scored? Based on kill count after sudden death?

Happy Hunter
2 hours ago, wehweh01 said:

How the hell did you guys win if nobody scored? Based on kill count after sudden death?

I would guess so, or maybe there were more of us left.

raysis
12 hours ago, Happy Hunter said:

Great spot for hunting/protecting the bags while the others must do the dirty job lol! Seems like it’s Pretty safe there. Very good ide, i never thought about going back on the map 🙂

Kemasus

The Rolling Block was "as previously stated" my first pick but I recently picked up a bolt rifle, medium scope for the toggle and now main weapon. The Rolling Block was also updated with the long scope for certain situations

Note to RS - I wish we could store weapons at camp !

TheShift
2 hours ago, Kemasus said:

Note to RS - I wish we could store weapons at camp !

Yes please.. it gets so irritating cycling through weapons..I never use anymore

AmyStone

I bought it but its use is very limited.If I could go back I'd save my money and not bother.

Happy Hunter
3 hours ago, AmyStone said:

I bought it but its use is very limited.If I could go back I'd save my money and not bother.

I try to fit it in as much as possible, but there's a lot of showdown maps where it just doesn't work out. Hopefully more future stuff is better suited to it.