3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GOT Gaming

Is rdo dead

GOT Gaming

Ok so I been playing rdr since day 1 and same with online But after Tuesdays update, I noticed a huge change in the whole game, nerfed prices, cards. Weapons, spawn locations of items, missions not starting, stats on horse/character. 

I Understand this game is "beta" but to me it's getting worse. Anyone else having similar issues? 

Failed Again

I really think this last update is a masterpiece, It's both Safer and dangerouser at the same win..win..lose

rusbeckia

Nerfed prices - kind of. They say the fixed em, which is basically true. Nevertheless pelts and jewelry should pay out more $ 

cards - imo it was a fix. Taking away 100% accuracy brings in a little diversity to dead eye cards. Eye for an eye got buffed. Peak condition is the only card that got nerfed, bt it was overpowered anyway.

weapons - what weapons got nerfed exactly? Varmint? I couldn‘t care less since I never used it for pvp and it works the same for hunting. Sniper rifles got increased damage now. 

Lootables - yea it sucks that you can‘t spawn-loot anymore... ;) 

what else got changed with lootables? 

Missions not starting - works definitely better for me than before the update, however it‘s still bugged sometimes.

horse - bonding of my horse got only reset once since the update. Before the update it happened several times a day.

server errors - have had them often in the first 3 days after the update, but it got considerably better the last few days. 

Proximity based blips - it‘s just a matter of preference. I like em. 

What really buts me though are clipping issues with some haircuts and coats which haven‘t been there before the update.

so all in all, I really can‘t relate to the opinion that everything got considerably worse.

Chrismads

^ this.

Slow and steady got nerfed too. If activated with never without one, the hat would never fall off before the update. Way too op as well

Happy Hunter

Time will tell.

ThaBirdCoot

Not yet, as said above we will be wiser in a couple more months. But it's clear quite a few people have given up on the game already. Will they be back ? Some might give it a second chance but I also know folks who will most certainly not return ever for various reasons. 

Uncle Sikee Atric

I think you're forgetting one key word, that's much more relatable on PC....

'Beta!'

Updates like what RDRO has just received are far more common than you think.  Devs develop content, then have to spend time patching that content to fix bugs and problems that have occurred.  Not every patch is massive amounts of new content, because without fixing bugs already present, it only creates new and bigger bugs that becoming game breaking.

29 minutes ago, rusbeckia said:

Nerfed prices - kind of. They say the fixed em, which is basically true. Nevertheless pelts and jewelry should pay out more $ 

cards - imo it was a fix. Taking away 100% accuracy brings in a little diversity to dead eye cards. Eye for an eye got buffed. Peak condition is the only card that got nerfed, bt it was overpowered anyway.

weapons - what weapons got nerfed exactly? Varmint? I couldn‘t care less since I never used it for pvp and it works the same for hunting. Sniper rifles got increased damage now. 

Lootables - yea it sucks that you can‘t spawn-loot anymore... ;) 

what else got changed with lootables? 

Missions not starting - works definitely better for me than before the update, however it‘s still bugged sometimes.

horse - bonding of my horse got only reset once since the update. Before the update it happened several times a day.

server errors - have had them often in the first 3 days after the update, but it got considerably better the last few days. 

Proximity based blips - it‘s just a matter of preference. I like em. 

What really buts me though are clipping issues with some haircuts and coats which haven‘t been there before the update.

so all in all, I really can‘t relate to the opinion that everything got considerably worse.

The results of this testing suggest, this beta update was far more about bug fixing than new content, so RDRO must be going in the right direction.  Content will come when issues are sorted, then the Beta can end.

Clickalot

Not in a long shot 😛

Rokushakubo
Posted (edited)

No. It's only dead to doom and gloomers who have not had their hopes and expectations met that RDO would release a huge influx of content without taking the time to make sure that the foundational experience is refined and reasonably bug free. For them, 'the end is nigh!', but the reality is that R* has the capacity and wealth to make RDO awesome and it's going to be a matter of patience cause as always, they'll go at their own pace. Once it's more fleshed out you'll get trailers all over youtube that will draw people in regardless of the jaded sentiments of the early adopters. 

Edited by Rokushakubo

Jedster
Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Uncle Sikee Atric said:

I think you're forgetting one key word, that's much more relatable on PC....

'Beta!'

Updates like what RDRO has just received are far more common than you think.  Devs develop content, then have to spend time patching that content to fix bugs and problems that have occurred.  Not every patch is massive amounts of new content, because without fixing bugs already present, it only creates new and bigger bugs that becoming game breaking.

The results of this testing suggest, this beta update was far more about bug fixing than new content, so RDRO must be going in the right direction.  Content will come when issues are sorted, then the Beta can end.

Sure, I would take the "Beta" excuse if they wouldn't push mtx a month after release of this "Beta" while there is little to no content.

Horse bonding is buged for 5 months now, but mtx works... Still no free aim and private lobbies, yet mtx must work perfectly and they still coming up with new ways to use them... PvP is trash, story missions short and stranger missions bugged and repetitive. No new missions were added but we got emotes so we can spend more Goldbars on useles BS nobody (sane) asked for. That is where their focus is, not to make the online enjoyable, but make so they can squeeze as much money out of players as they possibly can... They are not trying to please players, only the shareolders! And that will not change any time soon. Sure, one day it might be enjoyable experience, but how long it will take? year? Two? And how much useless BS they will add befere they start to focus on what players actually want? How many ppl will come back to this two years from now, when there will be probably new gen of consoles already out?

1 hour ago, Rokushakubo said:

No. It's only dead to doom and gloomers who have not had their hopes and expectations met that RDO would release a huge influx of content without taking the time to make sure that the foundational experience is refined and reasonably bug free. For them, 'the end is nigh!', but the reality is that R* has the capacity and wealth to make RDO awesome and it's going to be a matter of patience cause as always, they'll go at their own pace. Once it's more fleshed out you'll get trailers all over youtube that will draw people in regardless of the jaded sentiments of the early adopters.  

Thank you, I laughed my lungs out on your funboyism and naivety... please go ahead, buy goldbars and support R*/TT in their endeavour to ruin this and every future game... hmmm sorry - live service.

Edited by Jedster
typo

rusbeckia
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Jedster said:

Thank you, I laughed my lungs out on your funboyism and naivety... please go ahead, buy goldbars and support R*/TT in their endeavour to ruin this and every future game... hmmm sorry - live service.

Sorry dude, but you‘re the one being naive  for thinking they can fix all the bugs AND add bunch of new content for a game that big. 

It was pretty obvious from the beginning that we won‘t get much content until the final release. Therefore we only got cosmetics and content which doesn‘t f*ck up the game in the early state it‘s in now.

The only purpose for mtx in the game from the beginning is for people who don‘t have time to grind for hours each day to be able to buy a leather duster, a 3rd stable spot or even a proper horse. Nobody forces you to buy them and without them the online probably wouldn‘t even exist longer than a year.

I’d rather have the option to buy mtx over paying for every dlc they add to the game. 

Please feel free to never touch any online game from r* again. 

Edited by rusbeckia

Pressure Drop

People in this thread are saying "be patient", "it's just a BETA" and "they need to fix bugs first" - 

You are very naive to defend the BETA tag, which is just stuck there to fool people like you.

A BETA would not have overpriced microtransactions and drip feeding.

Secondly, yes they may have fixed bugs, but they added 300 more bugs which makes them look clueless.

The time for defending this bullsh*t is over, this company has more money and talent than most other developers, and is being squandered away on milking the players for as much extra cash as they can, while having no idea of balance or common sense.

Look at the last update - OK, we will fix the bounty system by charging people for defending themselves and killing cops. And we will fix the griefing by adding daily challenges that require you to grief others...kill 5 players with dynamite. Yep that makes sense.

Not excusable. Any other company would be crucified and R* should not be exempt. You deserve better.

wehweh01
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Pressure Drop said:

People in this thread are saying "be patient", "it's just a BETA" and "they need to fix bugs first" - 

You are very naive to defend the BETA tag, which is just stuck there to fool people like you.

A BETA would not have overpriced microtransactions and drip feeding.

Secondly, yes they may have fixed bugs, but they added 300 more bugs which makes them look clueless.

The time for defending this bullsh*t is over, this company has more money and talent than most other developers, and is being squandered away on milking the players for as much extra cash as they can, while having no idea of balance or common sense.

Look at the last update - OK, we will fix the bounty system by charging people for defending themselves and killing cops. And we will fix the griefing by adding daily challenges that require you to grief others...kill 5 players with dynamite. Yep that makes sense.

Not excusable. Any other company would be crucified and R* should not be exempt. You deserve better.

^ This exactly. I don't know a single BETA that introduced micro-transactions. Welcome to the finished game everyone lol.  

Edited by wehweh01
SUBSCRIBE TO PEWDIEPIE

Jedster
1 minute ago, rusbeckia said:

Sorry dude, but you‘re the one being naive  for thinking they can fix all the bugs AND add bunch of new content for a game that big. 

It was pretty obvious from the beginning that we won‘t get much content until the final release.

The only purpose for mtx in the game from the beginning is for people who don‘t have time to grind for hours each day to be able to buy a leather duster, a 3rd stable spot or even a proper horse. Nobody forces you to buy them and without them the online probably wouldn‘t even exist longer than a year.

I’d rather have the option to buy mtx over paying for every dlc they add to the game. 

Please feel free to never touch any online game from r* again. 

I don't think that, I think that the bugs will never be fixed...

"The only purpose for mtx in the game from the beginning is for people who don‘t have time to grind for hours each day to be able to buy a leather duster, a 3rd stable spot or even a proper horse."

Sure that is why there are items only aviable for GB.

I am actually sorry for you if you see it that way, and don't see how the game is made grindy for a single purpouse... that you don't want to spend your precious time grinding and rather pay for mtx to skipp the tedious grind to even enjoy the game...

This is not the only game that does this, there are quaite alot actually, but this is only one I know of that have mtx in beta. 

Uncle Sikee Atric

There are games that have used microtransactions in Alpha and Beta stages before (Artifact is the one I can think of off the top of my head, because of the effect and backlash to new players it caused, it essentially became pay to win for a phase), but RDRO is the first time this has been placed on consoles, partly making the feedback so harsh.

This isn't a new problem for PC players (because we don't have RDR2, yet).  Personally anything that hints at it being pay to win is a no from me, I'll accept the grind if I have to.

ShayD
39 minutes ago, wehweh01 said:

^ This exactly. I don't know a single BETA that introduced micro-transactions. Welcome to the finished game everyone lol.  

pretty much.

Dripfeed, Micros, Premium currency only purchases and still claim it's a beta.. and people really defend it? lmao

rusbeckia
42 minutes ago, Jedster said:

I don't think that, I think that the bugs will never be fixed...

"The only purpose for mtx in the game from the beginning is for people who don‘t have time to grind for hours each day to be able to buy a leather duster, a 3rd stable spot or even a proper horse."

Sure that is why there are items only aviable for GB.

I am actually sorry for you if you see it that way, and don't see how the game is made grindy for a single purpouse... that you don't want to spend your precious time grinding and rather pay for mtx to skipp the tedious grind to even enjoy the game...

This is not the only game that does this, there are quaite alot actually, but this is only one I know of that have mtx in beta. 

If you think it‘s hard to get money in this game IF you have the time for it you‘re doing something wrong. It‘s waaaaay easier to earn big bucks here compared to GTA. 

33 minutes ago, Uncle Sikee Atric said:

There are games that have used microtransactions in Alpha and Beta stages before (Artifact is the one I can think of off the top of my head, because of the effect and backlash to new players it caused, it essentially became pay to win for a phase), but RDRO is the first time this has been placed on consoles, partly making the feedback so harsh.

This isn't a new problem for PC players (because we don't have RDR2, yet).  Personally anything that hints at it being pay to win is a no from me, I'll accept the grind if I have to.

How is this game pay2win? 

Unpleasant Nerd
4 hours ago, Uncle Sikee Atric said:

The results of this testing suggest, this beta update was far more about bug fixing than new content.

Also, now I can call my horse everywhere anytime, even while skinning animals.

Ektope
5 minutes ago, rusbeckia said:

How is this game pay2win? 

He wasn't saying that this game is pay to win. I think you misread. They said that microtransaction in beta stage happened for first time on console.

Jason

Selling mtx in "beta" phases is not new by any means, there's been loads of games that have done it on PC over the past few years particularly the MMO-lite crowd, Warframe is a famous example. I'm not even entirely sure it's new to console either as Warframe released on consoles as a beta way back in late 2013 and there's possibly a few more examples on Xbox as that has an early access store, which is a name developers have started to use instead of beta if they have a beta period that lasts for months.

Personally it's not a big issue for me that they're selling mtx, admittedly it's a bit uhhhh that they're selling them when the game has so little content which is the games main issue but w/e. It's not like you need to buy any of it either, the mtx in RDO so far is pretty weak. If the game had content no one would bat an eyelid at them selling mtx during beta I don't think, but right now it's just more fuel for the fire.

Boozey St John
12 minutes ago, Ektope said:

He wasn't saying that this game is pay to win. I think you misread. They said that microtransaction in beta stage happened for first time on console.

^

Absolutely this. 

A week after the beta launched R* MADE SURE to add MTX before new content. 

DOA6 had a true beta. 

Division had a true beta.

R* is quick to patch bugs that allow their players to make extra money but will take their sweet time to do anything that'll benefit the player.

Off topic but I heard that Reddit is boycotting RDO because of this mess. Apparently, it may turn out to be another EA blowout. 

Jedster
Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, rusbeckia said:

If you think it‘s hard to get money in this game IF you have the time for it you‘re doing something wrong. It‘s waaaaay easier to earn big bucks here compared to GTA. 

You are completely missing the point my friend.

Also there is huge difference between free to play beta with mtx and rushed mp in 60$ AAA title which made over bilion $ in a month. If there were diverse and fun missions to do and grind with friends, I'd say fine, but R*/TT are pissing on our heads and don't even try to camuflage it as a rain.

Edited by Jedster

rusbeckia
1 minute ago, Boozey St John said:

^

Absolutely this. 

A week after the beta launched R* MADE SURE to add MTX before new content. 

DOA6 had a true beta. 

Division had a true beta.

R* is quick to patch bugs that allow their players to make extra money but will take their sweet time to do anything that'll benefit the player.

Off topic but I heard that Reddit is boycotting RDO because of this mess. Apparently, it may turn out to be another EA blowout. 

I just noticed that I misread, as Ektope mentioned. Sorry bout that! I thought you meant that RDO is hinting towards pay2win. Happens when you just fly over threads on the toilet at work and don‘t read carefully... lol 

concerning reddit boycott: I wouldn‘t overestimate that. Forums usually overrepresent members screaming the loudest! I can‘t imagine this turning into another EA scenario. 

Regular player numbers might decrease a bit, but you can bet that every lobby will be crowded again as soon as a trailer for heists or whatever they may add with final release is out. 

Concerning crowded lobbies. I honestly didn‘t notice a difference in player numbers now compared to few weeks after release. Either they‘re doing a better job at matchmaking for freemode lobbies, or there hasn‘t been a considerably decline in players.

Ektope
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Jason said:

Personally it's not a big issue for me that they're selling mtx, admittedly it's a bit uhhhh that they're selling them when the game has so little content which is the games main issue but w/e. It's not like you need to buy any of it either, the mtx in RDO so far is pretty weak. If the game had content no one would bat an eyelid at them selling mtx during beta I don't think, but right now it's just more fuel for the fire.

As far as I know, when people looked at the gun store customisation and saw that gold-plated tints would've costed a lot of gold. I think it would've taken 'em a long time. But when the gold store open, I started seeing people spending their paid gold on weapon tints. At least $ money were made off that. Not sure what else someone might spend gold for. So yeah, nothing much to spend gold on. The horses doesn't count, those were level locked.

Edited by Ektope

rusbeckia
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Jedster said:

You are completely missing the point my friend.

Also there is huge difference between free to play beta with mtx and rushed mp in 60$ AAA title which made over bilion $ in a month. If there were diverse and fun missions to do and grind with friends, I'd say fine, but R*/TT are pissing on our heads and don't even try to camuflage it as a rain.

Ofcourse they have more funds than almost any other game company, but there are some things with such big projects that just can‘t be simulated before the actual release. 

100.000s players on day one, 1 million after few weeks. (Numbers are complete guesses, I don‘t have any nor did I care to look for them)

server stresstests, high workload tests, asynchronicity between different timezones/countries can only be tested realistically with the actual release. 

They want to create a game that will last for years, sure as hell they wanna get their sh*t right before rushing content dlcs out. 

And concerning mtx, I know a lot of people who are lvl 120+ with only bolt-action, lancaster, varmint, pump-action, schofields and a white arabian. 

You really don‘t need thousands of dollars or even goldbars to enjoy this game... 

the only hefty price items being ability cards in this game, which can‘t even be bought with mtx.

Edited by rusbeckia

GTP_Monkey

I love the game and was upto 6 weeks ago running with 2 plus full posses now it down to 4 max and ive been playing everyday im in the house untill 3 days ago, Ive now started another game with one of my mates as we have done everything in RDRO there is to death except PVP showdown type stuff thats not for me and i used to play on average 8 to 10 hours a day 

TheShift

This is no where near EA blow out levels... not even close.

As said other games on console have had mtx in them at the beta stage...Gwent from cdpr was in beta 2 YEARS with mtx added 6 months in

It doesn't effect the game as far as getting ahead...unlike Battlefront EA which was pay to win..and others

The RDO Beta tag atleast states(not excuses) that hey...it's not complete yet..

Unlike EA Battlefield V which launched as a joke with no modes ..which EA pushed as a complete online title 

Jedster
20 minutes ago, rusbeckia said:

You really don‘t need thousands of dollars or even goldbars to enjoy this game... 

the only hefty price items being ability cards in this game, which can‘t even be bought with mtx.

No I don't, but I need something enjoyable to do in game to enjoy it and it's simply not there! My whole pioint is that they are focusing more on mtx and how to use them more efectively to make players pay more money... They don't need more money, but they just want them so much that they don't care about their playerbase. How many players wanted private and free aim lobbies? They didn't even addres this point what so ever and that pisses me off the most, BUT we have emotes... yeeeey. I hate autoaim, I don't use it and every dummy with L2 button and 2 braincells is a gunslinger who will put a bullet in beck of your skull after you pass by.

I wonder how you spend your time in game? What makes you come back? Because for me it's boring even with friends, we were doing same thing over and over with no actual goal or satisfaction or feeling of accomplishment...

rusbeckia
29 minutes ago, Jedster said:

No I don't, but I need something enjoyable to do in game to enjoy it and it's simply not there! My whole pioint is that they are focusing more on mtx and how to use them more efectively to make players pay more money... They don't need more money, but they just want them so much that they don't care about their playerbase. How many players wanted private and free aim lobbies? They didn't even addres this point what so ever and that pisses me off the most, BUT we have emotes... yeeeey. I hate autoaim, I don't use it and every dummy with L2 button and 2 braincells is a gunslinger who will put a bullet in beck of your skull after you pass by.

I wonder how you spend your time in game? What makes you come back? Because for me it's boring even with friends, we were doing same thing over and over with no actual goal or satisfaction or feeling of accomplishment...

You know, it‘s a matter of perspective. I know some people - me included - how find it funny the way it is. Especially when you‘ve grinded through all the milestones. 

We‘re just chilling most of the time honestly. A little hunting, playing stranger missions every now and again, story missions sometimes, roleplaying, showdowns, but rn mostly hunting griefers who distract lowlevels and testing out different strategies with ability card set-ups.

Ofcourse all of us are happy when new content gets dropped, but for now we’re good and it‘s still fun. This game is more like what you make out of it. (Especially when you don‘t have to grind for horses, guns, etc anymore)

Maybe this game just isn‘t for everyone, maybe it‘s not supposed to be a wildwest-gta, I dunno. If you‘re so pissed of by it and don‘t enjoy anything, you should consider stopping playing it. 

TheShift
9 minutes ago, rusbeckia said:

Maybe this game just isn‘t for everyone, maybe it‘s not supposed to be a wildwest-gta, I dunno. If you‘re so pissed of by it and don‘t enjoy anything, you should consider stopping playing it. 

Pretty much this.

I love Star Wars... Played Battlefront 15 for a solid year.built an impressive team of over 160 players... hoping the game would get better..hoping for part 2 to be even better.

I lasted 2 months on bf2...and couldn't handl what EA had done to my beloved franchise ...

So I uninstalled ...never to play again.

Yet 100 of my players ....play everyday...how? ..I dunno..but they do

The love of Star Wars must keep them enthused with the pisspour game.

Basically if your not happy 

Move along

Move along