2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus or tools. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
eljalu

Gta online’s continuity works with ending B

eljalu

I don’t know where i should post this or if this has ben talked about before

and i hope this is oke to post but i hated that the gta online world couldn’t work anymore since its now in the present day and it had many plotholes. But then i realised that if you choose ending B kill michael it can work.

if you kill michael merry weather doens’t lose its license to operate.

allowing merryweather to operate in the current gta online timeline.

devin westen is alive so we can sell him cars in the vechichle cargo update

trevor is also alive in the current time line since we know he is alive in 2017 (with the gun running update i believe it was).

which also rules out ending A.

michael is never mentioned in gta online so as far as i know this is the only way to make it work.

so my best guess is that the time line goes like this.

gta online introduction + orginal missions - gta online Heist is

Late 2012 or early 2013.

Story mode takes place up until  Ending B in mid 2013

lowriders + executives and other criminals 2015 

finacy and felonies + bikers +

import export 2016

Gun running + smuglers run + doomsday heist 2017

after hours + those terror byte missions + arena war 2018

(also i know that bleeter still mentions that merryweather lost its license in ending B but it also mentions steve hains got killed and it is known that this is an oversight also stated on the gta wikia. Also proven by ending A because in ending A merryweather does lose its license allowing the FIB to keep devin away from franklin and michael since devin has gone broke.

while in ending B it doesn’t happen and devin is rich so he can keep the FIB and IAA and whatever away from franklin and trevor.)

Darealbandicoot

This actually makes a lot of sense. 

FluxAmbulance
Posted (edited)

The general consensus is that everything up to Import Export takes place before Story Mode (hence Jay Norris as an I/E buyer), ending C happened, and between the moment story mode ended and 2017 Merryweather regained their license to operate in the USA. Sometimes the Wiki doesn't have the best arguments, theories, evidence, etc.

Edited by FluxAmbulance

AirWolf359
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, FluxAmbulance said:

The general consensus is that everything up to Import Export takes place before Story Mode (hence Jay Norris as an I/E buyer), ending C happened, and between the moment story mode ended and 2017 Merryweather regained their license to operate in the USA. Sometimes the Wiki doesn't have the best arguments, theories, evidence, etc.

Good point about Import/Export. Wasn't Molly Schultz also one of the buyers?

Did doomsday heist also happen before ending C? Lester tells you to meet at Devin Weston's hangar.

I agree with the OP, ending B could have happened at any time during GTA Online timeline after import/export.

Or, the easy way out, story mode never happened in the Online universe.

Edited by AirWolf359

Nik0 Bellic

Some say gta online aint canon

Tengerecki

Too bad GTA Online doesn't count because it's trash.

eljalu

Import export cant happen before story mode since during finance and felony you help rob the union depository which has not been robbed before as of story mode.

moly and jay noris being buyers are in my opinion just an oversight that doesnt count, gta has plenty of oversights in their cannon which are even worse. For example:

jim fitzgerald changes from being white in gta 4 to black in tlad.

8-ball has his hands burned in gta advanced during the mission love of money.

but in gta 3 it is stated that while in prison a cop spilled grease on his hands.

Sex club 7 is being shown in the introduction in 1002 eventhough it didn’t exist before 1998 and was paulies revue bar at that time.

ominousding

It does make some sense that Ending B fits....but it also doesn't. Primarily because the vast majority of GTAO update were set before the game itself even happened, and when you think about it the needs of the player/game (access to Merryweather facilities etc) would totally trump maintaining canon of any kind. 

Also, in the gunrunning DLC (with the planes and aircraft hangers?) Ron says that Trevor has run off and left him and has become some kind of lifestyle guru in LS. There's absolutely no way Trevor would have stuck around LS if Michael had died and his family had moved away. Trevor hated LS and was only in Sandy Shores because he thought Brad was in Bollingbroke prison. He would have fled San Andreas if Michael had died. However, I reckon if Michael had lived, Trevor would have totally put roots in LS and spent at much time as possible trying to annoy him and probably helping him sort out with any messy movie business.

Also....the big characters, like Devin Weston and Steve Haines are never seen in the Online game, am I right? They're replaced by Agent 14 and that other dude, Avon....I'd say if any ending other than C was supposed to be canon, we would have seen both Haines and Weston in the online game. The fact we don't says to me they're meant to be dead and thus the three protags all survive to wreack havoc another day....

HelloMyNameIsHuman
Posted (edited)

Good points ding. Also, if you put yourself in FRANKLIN'S shoes for all that HE was a part of, the decision is obviously ending C because FRANKLIN would not kill his friends. The player's prejudices from the advantage of its birds eye view might pass judgment on one of them, but FRANKLIN would not. Frankly, he would take out all those guys, because he would know that once he took out a friend, it wasn't long before the remaining one blamed and killed him for it, or the same people sent someone else after him with the same kind of proposition. Franklin put an end to their reign of corruption with his friends, I firmly stand by what I consider to be the objective canon ending.

It's also an ending that is like every other GTA, except maybe IV's main story. It is very much like III, VC, SA, and BoGT endings, which is really the definitive ending of GTA IV, it was just all broken up into three episodes, however Luis story was the end (wasn't it? I'm actually not clear anymore if that final mission was the end of the whole story, or if Niko's story ended some time after that - I'm thrown off because I'm not sure if Niko got that story on a news update on radio about Bulgarin's death, I hazily remember that detail, but maybe Luis story was in fact the end and that story played some time after the final mission of IV? Time play it all again).

Edited by HelloMyNameIsHuman

billiejoearmstrong8
Posted (edited)
On 3/27/2019 at 8:42 PM, ominousding said:

Also, in the gunrunning DLC (with the planes and aircraft hangers?) Ron says that Trevor has run off and left him and has become some kind of lifestyle guru in LS. 

Wow this is the most lame and cringeworthy thing I've ever heard in GTA, what pathetic writing. If I took any notice of Online I'd have to pretend that Trevor just told him that as a joke and he believed it due to being dumb and really he went somewhere else.

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8

Yinepi

I thought it would be obvious by now that Online isn't canon. It's its own thing.

GKZ

R.I.P Michael 2013-2013

Darealbandicoot
2 hours ago, GKZ said:

R.I.P Michael 2013-2013

R.I.P Franklin 2013-2013

R.I.P Trevor 2013-2015

ThatKyloRenGuy

The OP did bring up some good points, which I am actually very proud of (even though I don't consider Online to be canon). The reason I'm very proud of the OP is because the OP seems to be someone who MAY have picked ending B (though I DO NOT know this for a fact so correct me if I'm wrong) who is being completely reasonable and fair, unlike this Captain Jack Sparrow nitwit whom I've recently come across..

HelloMyNameIsHuman
Posted (edited)
On 3/31/2019 at 2:35 PM, Yinepi said:

I thought it would be obvious by now that Online isn't canon. It's its own thing.

No it isn’t. The player starts before the events of gta v, then it goes forward. If you played along with the updates you went through the story some, and gunrunning he’s probably down there with wade because remember how he was coaching Wade’s cousin about his wife? Gunrunning is probably during the time in the story when you’re doing all of that. I agree that’s probably how he would describe what he is doing down there to Ron though :p

edit: clarity, your character is separate from the events, yet it’s the same world. It’s not unlike an episode of gta iv when running into the other characters in that way. Your character meets Trevor, Lamar, Ron, hasn’t met the other protagonists yet, however you might, who knows? 

Edited by HelloMyNameIsHuman

Yinepi
Posted (edited)

If Online was canon then why aren't the cars, weapons, and interiors in SP? If it all takes place around the same time these would be available, no? The closest to online being canon that's clearly mentioned is how Lamar talks about boosting gas tankers which he has the player do in online. But it's so ambiguously mentioned in SP, that it's hard to make out if he did that alone or if the help he did have was even the online protagonist and not some of his gang homies.

It amazes me how some still think Online's timeline is part of the same timeline as SP. Online is in an alternate HD universe than SP. It's the only way to make logical sense of all the inconsistencies and anachronisms between the timeline.

Edited by Yinepi

TheSantader25
6 minutes ago, Yinepi said:

If Online was canon then why aren't the cars, weapons, and interiors in SP? If it all takes place around the same time these would be available, no? The closest to online being canon that's clearly mentioned is how Lamar talks about boosting gas tankers which he has the player do in online. But it's so ambiguously mentioned in SP, that it's hard to make out if he did that alone or if the help he did have was even the online protagonist and not some of his gang homies.

It amazes me how some still think Online's timeline is part of the same timeline as SP. Online is in an alternate HD universe than SP. It's the only way to make logical sense of all the inconsistencies and anachronisms between the timeline.

It's safe to imagine Online's timeline fits until the heists update since Lester mentions working with Online Characters to Michael. After that? Nope. Doesn't make sense for it to be canon. 

Zello

Online exists in a separate dimension that Niko Bellic keeps stored in his suitcase.

Kumieee

These are pretty fair points even though I don’t consider B canon at all. In fact, it’s the most unrealistic ending to me. If anything, A is realistic, but C is quite clearly intended to be canon. But OP does give some pretty insightful points.

I really hope Online gives some appearances from Franklin and Michael in the future.