4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

ALifeOfMisery

RED DEAD ONLINE BETA UPDATE (5/3/19)

Boozey St John
7 minutes ago, Lonely-Martin said:

Weak and embarrassing. But some will defend it, lol.

Easy pass, and yet another nail in the coffin!

Seems like they should be lowering that coffin now. 

XxJazzy42xX
31 minutes ago, Son of Dutch said:

RDO will fade away even more once Division 2 comes out

Yeah and its not even projected to be all that good to be honest with you. I know personally when Metro, Far Cry, and Anthem came out I withdrew for a little bit(about a month and some change) and those games still were not all that good. The Division 2 is marginally better than Division 1 so I'm pretty sure it definitely will pull some players from RDO at least for a month or so.....and you know whats sad about it....for right now at any time R* has the ability to add good content to keep the players attention instead of gimmicky content, but that is not happening right now.

•—•

Danube outfit has black / turquoise colours for skirt that cannot be bought individually in catalogue. Only way to get it, is to buy the whole outfit.

Spoils of war feel similar to team shootout, even though it's not. Just 8 vs 8, two big teams. I only played one map though.

Lonely-Martin
4 minutes ago, Boozey St John said:

Seems like they should be lowering that coffin now. 

I knew GTA:O showed R* they can take the piss out of gamers, but didn't expect it to get this petty this early.

And if people eat this sh*t up, their next GTA:O really will get the shaft too. I'm amazed they're looking to fleece players so quickly and blatantly. The game is starved as it is, but to need to buy limited stuff already to grow the game along the way for ourselves is absurd.

Inb4 others say we don't have to buy anything. Of course not. But it really is indefensible at this early stage.

Shluffee

Some say R* will release Friendly lobbies as well as Free Aim lobbies in the near future.. however they will charge you $29.95 for it..  😏🤥

Pocket Fox
2 hours ago, Sammionna said:

Seems like there's bonus XP for Showdown modes this week.

Ahhh good. They were already the least effective means of obtaining Cash, XP and Gold. Nice to see them getting a buff.

/sarcasm

Ryan5252
54 minutes ago, GTP_Monkey said:

So they are pushing 2 x xp on pvp modes as well as pvp in daily's, They defo want pvp greifing as there goal 

PvP modes i.e Showdowns is not griefing. In fact, it could be argued that people have been complaining about PvP elements to the daily challenges and by adding X2 RP to Showdowns will actually encourage players to take part and complete daily challenges in these modes. Maybe a habit that will stick.

The kill players on horseback challenge as an example; piss easy to do in freeroam as we all have horses and you can kill unexpecting players, but it's much more fun grabbing a horse in Hostile Territory and killing players who expect you to kill them. If you're going to bother doing a "challenge", may as well make it challenging. 

XxJazzy42xX
30 minutes ago, Ektope said:

Danube outfit has black / turquoise colours for skirt that cannot be bought individually in catalogue. Only way to get it, is to buy the whole outfit.

Spoils of war feel similar to team shootout, even though it's not. Just 8 vs 8, two big teams. I only played one map though.

Did you like it or was it a meh experience?

Son of Dutch

•—•
10 minutes ago, XxJazzy42xX said:

Did you like it or was it a meh experience?

It was okay. Paid like $15.00 to $20.00. 150 XP to 200 XP, excluding the 22 kills I got. But doesn't pay as much as Showdown Series Large.

Jason
9 minutes ago, Son of Dutch said:

If that's true they better be upgrading the photo mode/camera cause right now it's trash and useless for taking creative/action pictures.

Ryan5252
1 minute ago, Jason said:

If that's true they better be upgrading the photo mode/camera cause right now it's trash and useless for taking creative/action pictures.

They better add a Character Creator as well so we can all fix our woeful looking mutes, otherwise no number of filters will make my character photogenic. Much like IRL 😕

Jason

Anyone know if the Winter Shotgun Coat is suitable for cold weather?

raysis

The new spoils of war is pretty funny!

Buying all ammo included dynamites also i didnt know that, had some epic moments where i throwed dynamites in the beginning of the game lol,  also kinda fun to try to escape with the bag, i like PvP modes like this, two big teams that meet at the middle, real wild western lol, i dont belive we would get more fun then this in the beta, going to grind it and it’s also 2xp so now it’s the time to rank up and unlock some better bullets..

Is this mode a part of the showdown series? I would like to be availible to join just this mode in the future too, now it’s just to quick join it and you will only participate in this new mode, or visit the rs logo on the map..

ShadowlessDevil

People were complaining when Rockstar would Dripfeed items for GTAO now most of them are complaining for the same reason for RDO. But just like GTAO they'll keep playing even when they keep saying that they won't 🤣

ALifeOfMisery
2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Anyone know if the Winter Shotgun Coat is suitable for cold weather?

You get differing levels of protection depending on the lining of the coat according to the online catalogue. Slightly Warm, Reasonably Warm and Warm.

UjPuqoc.jpg

cwwVTDU.jpg

XcpgKWg.jpg

Mad-Monkey_1st
41 minutes ago, Ryan5252 said:

PvP modes i.e Showdowns is not griefing. In fact, it could be argued that people have been complaining about PvP elements to the daily challenges and by adding X2 RP to Showdowns will actually encourage players to take part and complete daily challenges in these modes. Maybe a habit that will stick.

The kill players on horseback challenge as an example; piss easy to do in freeroam as we all have horses and you can kill unexpecting players, but it's much more fun grabbing a horse in Hostile Territory and killing players who expect you to kill them. If you're going to bother doing a "challenge", may as well make it challenging. 

If you had read what i put i didnt say showdown was greifing I said daily's was causing greifing QUOTE "as well as pvp in daily's"

I have no issues with folk doing showdown pvp as that is the place for it but when R* but a blip system in free roam to curb greifing then add loads of Daily's telling players to go kill other players with x y or z gun that in my mind is promoting greifing in free roam Hence my other comment QUOTE "They deffo want pvp as there goal"

Jason
4 minutes ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

You get differing levels of protection depending on the lining of the coat according to the online catalogue. Slightly Warm, Reasonably Warm and Warm.

~snip

Well that's not confusing at all. Be great if this info was displayed in game before purchasing it.

Think I'll wait for the Porter Jacket. some of those have fur so hopefully they'll be suited to cold weather.

Ryan5252
5 minutes ago, GTP_Monkey said:

If you had read what i put i didnt say showdown was greifing I said daily's was causing greifing QUOTE "as well as pvp in daily's"

I have no issues with folk doing showdown pvp as that is the place for it but when R* but a blip system in free roam to curb greifing then add loads of Daily's telling players to go kill other players with x y or z gun that in my mind is promoting greifing in free roam Hence my other comment QUOTE "They deffo want pvp as there goal"

Sorry, I can't see evidence that they are actively encouraging PvP in Freeroam, much less it being their goal. The changes to the blip and radar system was an attempt to prevent it and for the most part successfully so.

AFAIK all PvP elements of Daily Challenges released so far can be completed in Showdowns and double XP on Showdowns shows that R* is trying to encourage the mode and get more players taking part. 

We can have different interpretations of course. 

ALifeOfMisery
6 minutes ago, Jason said:

Well that's not confusing at all. Be great if this info was displayed in game before purchasing it.

Think I'll wait for the Porter Jacket. some of those have fur so hopefully they'll be suited to cold weather.

It is confusing, afaik the only place to find that information is in the Social Club catalogue.

The Porter Jacket variants with fur lining are reasonably warm, all the rest have the standard slightly warm protection.

happygrowls
17 minutes ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

You know what? This is actually a good way of allowing people to wear what they want without worrying about core-drain effects.

ALifeOfMisery
1 minute ago, happygrowls said:

You know what? This is actually a good way of allowing people to wear what they want without worrying about core-drain effects.

It's good information, there's no doubt about that. It means you can be more flexible putting outfits together for different conditions.

What isn't so good, is that the information isn't, afaik, displayed anywhere in game. I'm always checking the social club catalogue before purchases and when putting outfits together.

Mad-Monkey_1st
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Ryan5252 said:

Sorry, I can't see evidence that they are actively encouraging PvP in Freeroam, much less it being their goal. The changes to the blip and radar system was an attempt to prevent it and for the most part successfully so.

AFAIK all PvP elements of Daily Challenges released so far can be completed in Showdowns and double XP on Showdowns shows that R* is trying to encourage the mode and get more players taking part. 

We can have different interpretations of course. 

So daily's telling a player to shoot another player in the back of the head 5 times, Kill 3 players with a cocano rifle, Kill 5 players on horseback etc etc etc Thats promoting pvp in free roam because it does not state to do it in any particular mode so players are running round greifing and shooting fisherman or hunters for a quicvk way to fill there daily's 

Edit ive just had my 4th reply refering to daily's being a pvp greifing problem there reply is below So yes they are promoting pvp in free roam with the daily's 

We are very sorry to hear that you are disappointed with the new in-game updated feature. As of now, this is as a part of gameplay design. However, we would definitely redirect you to the right department so that they will be able to review your feedback.

Edited by GTP_Monkey

Ryan5252
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, GTP_Monkey said:

So daily's telling a player to shoot another player in the back of the head 5 times, Kill 3 players with a cocano rifle, Kill 5 players on horseback etc etc etc Thats promoting pvp in free roam because it does not state to do it in any particular mode so players are running round greifing and shooting fisherman or hunters for a quicvk way to fill there daily's 

Like I said, that can be done in Showdowns and is actually more fun and challenging. 

1 hour ago, Ryan5252 said:

Edit: I don't think there was any challenge that you had to shoot a player in the back of the head. 😉

Edited by Ryan5252

Son of Dutch

New coats are expensive... PASS from me

Fun 2

This is the first wave of limited-stock clothing ? or there were some limited clothing before ?

Mad-Monkey_1st
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Ryan5252 said:

Like I said, that can be done in Showdowns and is actually more fun and challenging. 

Edit: I don't think there was any challenge that you had to shoot a player in the back of the head. 😉

I know it can be done in showdown but it isnt being done there is it also go back and read my updated post R* are endorcing the daily pvp as its intended to be like so 

Most of the greifers dont go showdown because they aint good enough hence they shoot hunters and fisherman in the back and jump sessions quick

Edited by GTP_Monkey

Rafae S
3 minutes ago, Fun 2 said:

This is the first wave of limited-stock clothing ? or there were some limited clothing before ?

first one

lordbancs

You know, when GTA was on Tuesday they we're punctual with the newswire, 10 am. Ever since they switched the Thursday the newswire posting is slap-dash.

ALifeOfMisery

Something positive today at least