4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

ALifeOfMisery

RED DEAD ONLINE BETA UPDATE (5/3/19)

Talisman_83
5 minutes ago, Jason said:

I'm not a gambling man but even I would put money on them not touching progress now. I've said it before but it makes no sense really when you think about it. Beta's typically have wipes because they last a weekend or two at most, so you're only losing a few hours of progress at most usually. Wiping after players have sunk hundreds of hours into the game over several months (and spent money) will only result in one thing, players not coming back.

I'm barely playing the game at the moment anyway. If a character reset occurred, there'd be no hope in hell of me coming back.

riotvision

I'm on pc so I haven't been paying much attention to this, has there been any word on pc release? Hoping by that time it's a bit more polished, it's really not sounding great so far. How does the targeting system work, is it separate free aim and auto aim lobbies like gta? I hate auto aim... and is there a radar cause that would be lame af too.

Talisman_83
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, riotvision said:

I'm on pc so I haven't been paying much attention to this, has there been any word on pc release? Hoping by that time it's a bit more polished, it's really not sounding great so far. How does the targeting system work, is it separate free aim and auto aim lobbies like gta? I hate auto aim... and is there a radar cause that would be lame af too.

No separate lobbies. With the inclusion of Slippery Bastard, I can't see them ever introducing them, but hope I'm wrong.

Yes there's a radar but blips are proximity based.

Edited by Talisman_83

Stoakzee
11 hours ago, riotvision said:

How does the targeting system work, is it separate free aim and auto aim lobbies like gta?

Nope. Rockstar came up with this revolutionary new idea where they put auto and free aim players together.

Ektope
2 hours ago, Stoakzee said:

Nope. Rockstar came up with this revolutionary new idea where they put auto and free aim players together.

Which is good for higher population in sessions / lobbies.

GTP_Monkey
Posted (edited)
On 3/5/2019 at 6:35 PM, Micah said:

Well unfortunately I cannot test that for myself, because I unfortunately do not have enough money to blow on gaming consoles. (Whereas I have a family unlike others)

The reason I cannot hold your words is because I own a PS4 pro and experience little to no issues. What internet service provider do you have?

How can we test your hypothesis? I've been playing all day everyday and haven't experienced anything bad.

I doubt the bug was that bad, Jason. Calm down, relax, and let's discuss. You said your game crashed? Ok to the home screen? Home screen allows you to restart your system on the pro. Did you not know this?

I have to agree im PS4 Pro and dont suffer all the bugs on this forum, Ones that have are poorly horse red cores (fixed)  Horse bonding still and this is weird and i think 90% is gamer/server links Im talking about Stranger missions ive witnessed in posse all the posted issues IE not starting, Strangers grayed out all the while and the main one was delayed starts, Now when i go online and play Strangers lone wolf stylee on my own they have always worked fine aprt from the weekend 10 days before last update when it went really bad 

I honestly believe PS4 Pro does run a hell of a lot smoother and glutchy but i also believe players need to open up all ports/disabled firewall in your routers and clean cache that will hepl immensely . If your conection/ISP provider isnt upto the scratch you will suffer as well, R* may have some server issues but we have to have the best connections as well. Just because player X has a less than perfect connection and suffer these R* disconnect errors doesn't mean its always R* fault, remember they have got arouind us PS4 player doing the MTU trick bu allowing lesser quality connections to work dropping MTU now to 700 wont let you in most times so it really needs to be a lower limit of apr 900 but you will start getting all the R* ds connection issues then and stuff not working right, I found this out by going on RDRO after playing GTAO and forgetting to change my MTU

Basicaly for those that dont know, Low  MTU give there servers the appearance of poor internet Now rather tham just mirroring the lobby like it did in GTAO ( remember how many players all left together well they didnt leave I did as Low MTU mirrored the lobby and it was me leaving hence for example if the slit came when a store had been robbed or a CEO mission was running at the time, then these options wouldnt work in the mirrored lobby.

Im not sticking up for R* as they do clearly have some issues but we at our end need to be squeaky clean with our internet, Check your upload thats very important and check your ping level that needs to be very low, Also dont play with player halfway round the globe you will get lag it cannot be helped its time and distance same when your on phone to someone from say UK to west coast USA there is a delay with speech That will replicate lag ingame, One of our posse members had such disconects every 30 to 40 mins he new it was router issue, had it changed by his IS provider and all good now nice and stable. Ive only suffered disconects when MTU set correctly at 1500 on the 2 bad weekend (new year and 10 days before last update) both times it cleared on the mondays when i assume R* cleared their cache 

If your connection isnt as good as needed for P"P gaming get onto your IS provider its there responsibility to advise you how to open ports or change settings there end to make you more stable IE opening the bandwidth up

I have fiber optic to withing 1 mtr of my console with 200 download and 35 upload ping is 12 now when i bought my first 4k tv i couldnt stream 4k from Netflix, I had the download speed needle by far but the bandwidth was being throttle so i rang my ISP and they opened it up after threatening to leave them, Now i can be playing games downstairs at same time as recording HD and 4k stuff whilst the wife is upsatirs streaming Netflix whilst using mob phone on net or laptop 

All im saying is get your end right and you will have far less issues 

Cant speak for eggbox users as dont have one 

Edited by GTP_Monkey

Ektope
4 minutes ago, GTP_Monkey said:

Cant speak for eggbox users as dont have one

I can't speak for PeeS4 either.

Kemasus

Its relaxing to meander through the countryside while hunting and fishing

I have no problem selling herbs and pelts for  $40 - $50

Now and again I run into the O driscoll,s....which is nice

My girl picked up a pair of chaps and a few other new items

Also bought a 25 gold bar pack yesterday

The "nothing serious" bugs I run into infrequently are the horse level bug and the disappearing bird kills

Thanks Rockstar for the gifts

Level 23 - 59 gold bars - $1037

Talisman_83
1 hour ago, Kemasus said:

Its relaxing to meander through the countryside while hunting and fishing

The lake of Owanjila and the surrounding area is my newest fascination.

It's so serene and peaceful.

Look for the moose that spawns and the muskies in the lake. Beavers make an appearance too.

Big Valley is especially stunning, though can be spooky at night.

Jason
5 hours ago, Ektope said:

If the game had only sold a few hundred thousand copies yea sure, but it's sold over 20 million. If you're having session population issues with a game that's sold that much then your matchmaking is broken or it's a bad game. There's really no excuse for not having free-aim, private/pve lobbies. There's enough players, it worked fine for RDR1 and GTAO.

Golgotha666
34 minutes ago, Jason said:

If the game had only sold a few hundred thousand copies yea sure, but it's sold over 20 million. If you're having session population issues with a game that's sold that much then your matchmaking is broken or it's a bad game. There's really no excuse for not having free-aim, private/pve lobbies. There's enough players, it worked fine for RDR1 and GTAO.

Private/PVE lobbies are free money, in Rockstars eyes. You get killed hundreds of times more in Open/PVP lobbies, causing you to chew through ammo/commodities. From there it's either grind or say 'f*ck it' and drop REAL money on gold.

People act like since GTAO had them, RDO will. GTAO was made well before Rockstar realized the cashcow they had on their hands. You cant even do CEO/MCC/Bunker sh*t in an private lobby. Know why? Because Rockstar makes NO MONEY when you play like that. 

People do realize that their are laws REQUIRING Rockstar to make as much money for their sharholders as possible, right?

Jason
7 minutes ago, Golgotha666 said:

Private/PVE lobbies are free money, in Rockstars eyes. You get killed hundreds of times more in Open/PVP lobbies, causing you to chew through ammo/commodities. From there it's either grind or say 'f*ck it' and drop REAL money on gold.

People act like since GTAO had them, RDO will. GTAO was made well before Rockstar realized the cashcow they had on their hands. You cant even do CEO/MCC/Bunker sh*t in an private lobby. Know why? Because Rockstar makes NO MONEY when you play like that. 

People do realize that their are laws REQUIRING Rockstar to make as much money for their sharholders as possible, right?

Last I checked you can't buy ammo with gold? Even if you could, it's ridiculously cheap, as in kill one 3* animal and you've paid for your days ammo cheap. RDRO isn't P2W as of now so the reasoning that they want you to get obliterated in free roam so you spend cash on gold bars is nonsense at the moment.

just do it bob1
10 minutes ago, Jason said:

Last I checked you can't buy ammo with gold? Even if you could, it's ridiculously cheap, as in kill one 3* animal and you've paid for your days ammo cheap. RDRO isn't P2W as of now so the reasoning that they want you to get obliterated in free roam so you spend cash on gold bars is nonsense at the moment.

Well to be fair, why can't you exchange gold for money? Like I could lets say buy one full bar of gold (100 nuggets) for like $100 or exchange my money for gold? Let's say I'm someone who needs money to buy ammo, but I can't spend my gold on it since you can't buy ammo with gold. I think the game would be better that way. Like sure, there might be "value" balancing problems between the two currencies, but I'm sure r* could level it out so we could exchange the two for one or the other.

Golgotha666
On 3/5/2019 at 10:04 PM, rusbeckia said:

Lmao. 

More like:

High end car (year 1, where like 20 cars were in the game and the best one was some crappy regular sportscar?) - 800k

high end car (year 5: concept hyper car) - 2,4mill

same with all the other items. 

Inflation would have happened nevertheless. 

If inflation on a clothing item from 350$ to 20.000$ is ok, is another topic lol

You folks overinterpreting Benzies so much, it‘s ridiculous. Cult of personality - nothing else.

Inflation in a virtual, almost non-existent economy? That's a bunch of bullsh*t. The prices of Card Sharks themselves would fluctuate if it was an actual economy.

Benzies played a HUGE part in Rockstar and it's vision. Christ, they couldnt even get the RDR1 camera to work correctly without him? Dont beileve me? Go watch the video on the music from RDR1. They show early gameplay and it looks like a 56k video running at 3 fps. There are emails, shown to the courts during his case against the Housers, where they are BEGGING him to come back from vacation early because they CAN NOT get the camera in RDR1 to work properly. The last thing he worked on in GTAO where the heists. After that, it was nothing but Adversary bullsh*t and free-mode crap and the prices of almost everything skyrocketed. It's obvious that he was the vision behind GTAO. Christ, his title was LEAD DEVELOPER from GTA III thru GTA5 and Online.

Jason
5 minutes ago, just do it bob1 said:

Well to be fair, why can't you exchange gold for money? Like I could lets say buy one full bar of gold (100 nuggets) for like $100 or exchange my money for gold? Let's say I'm someone who needs money to buy ammo, but I can't spend my gold on it since you can't buy ammo with gold. I think the game would be better that way. Like sure, there might be "value" balancing problems between the two currencies, but I'm sure r* could level it out so we could exchange the two for one or the other.

It's been done in other games. It only really works when PvE is the focus and if the PvP modes have standard equipment loadouts. Without the PvE focus and without the PvP changes it's one of the worst forms of P2W you can get.

Lonely-Martin
49 minutes ago, Golgotha666 said:

I know PvE players that buy shark cards, lol. R* are limiting potential revenue by not appealing to more playerbase.

28 minutes ago, just do it bob1 said:

Then it would be pay to win, sorry dude. Bad idea, IMHO.

27 minutes ago, Golgotha666 said:

Inflation in a virtual, almost non-existent economy? That's a bunch of bullsh*t. The prices of Card Sharks themselves would fluctuate if it was an actual economy.

Benzies played a HUGE part in Rockstar and it's vision. Christ, they couldnt even get the RDR1 camera to work correctly without him? Dont beileve me? Go watch the video on the music from RDR1. They show early gameplay and it looks like a 56k video running at 3 fps. There are emails, shown to the courts during his case against the Housers, where they are BEGGING him to come back from vacation early because they CAN NOT get the camera in RDR1 to work properly. The last thing he worked on in GTAO where the heists. After that, it was nothing but Adversary bullsh*t and free-mode crap and the prices of almost everything skyrocketed. It's obvious that he was the vision behind GTAO. Christ, his title was LEAD DEVELOPER from GTA III thru GTA5 and Online.

Had the Benz not made shark cards, he wouldn't have shown R* how to monitise things. That dude is as much to blame, lol.

Gus Vite

So far excited about that spinner thingy. I couldn't handle spending gold on another lure and then losing it forever. 

MAD SLAUGHTER

"As an added bonus, anyone who completes five Daily Challenges at any point between now and March 11 will be gifted one Special Spinner next week. The Special Spinner is a handy lure to catch fish of all sizes that cannot be lost if you ever cut the line." 

Five daily challenges in one day?Or it is cumulative?

Rafae S
3 minutes ago, MAD SLAUGHTER said:

"As an added bonus, anyone who completes five Daily Challenges at any point between now and March 11 will be gifted one Special Spinner next week. The Special Spinner is a handy lure to catch fish of all sizes that cannot be lost if you ever cut the line." 

Five daily challenges in one day?Or it is cumulative?

cumulative

Zoop_Leroy

10 gold bars and $500,000 GTA for setting up 2-step verification at rockstar social club (under settings).  You can always disable after you've collected your 10 bars.

ghostsoap01
13 hours ago, Ektope said:

Yep, that's probably the only thing its good for. Negatives definitely outweigh the positives in not separating the lobby types imo.

8 hours ago, Talisman_83 said:

The lake of Owanjila and the surrounding area is my newest fascination.

It's so serene and peaceful.

Look for the moose that spawns and the muskies in the lake. Beavers make an appearance too.

Big Valley is especially stunning, though can be spooky at night.

I swear there is not a single view or vista in this game that isn't breathtaking. My favorite is in the northern Grizzlies, at night, with the moonlight reflecting off the snow.

TiberiusMcQueen
14 hours ago, Ektope said:

No, it isn't, not unless you live in some weird world where this game didn't sell millions of copies.

Winonas
4 hours ago, Zoop_Leroy said:

10 gold bars and $500,000 GTA for setting up 2-step verification at rockstar social club (under settings).  You can always disable after you've collected your 10 bars.

Thank you very much indeed.

Pocket Fox
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Golgotha666 said:

I have $11,812 cash. Earned entirely from hunting in these PvP lobbies.

Only lost my full load of pelts etc 3 times due to a griefer, lost about 10-14 full loads due to R* server disconnects.

So goodluck to R* with not adding private/pve lobbies and thinking it'll earn them more money. Most of the few people I know on my list who play RDR2, aren't playing and will not play until private lobbies. 

Compare now GTAO. I have friends that only play in private lobbies, still buy shark cards. I have friends that play CEO/MCC/Bunker in a closed MTU/Ports blocked session.... still buy shark cards.

Their buying shark cards depends on the GAMEPLAY LOOPS and FUN on offer, not the absence of it or gated content behind grind.

They are like, yaaayy MC is cool, I'll buy some cash. They are not like, wooooo I dont wanna play for 30 years to get arena points to get a truck so I'll buy shark cards. They skipped that update, wont spend a dime on it.

Also Take Two has shareholders, not R* and no, there are literally no laws requiring them to make as much money as possible. It's a business not organised crime.

Grow up.

Post Edit:

Best way to make CASH, XP, and GOLD..... PvP Playlists.  omg Take Two must be losing money from all the pvpers. I propose we charge people $10 an hour to gain access to pvp showdown series or Take Two won't make enough money to survive.

Edited by Pocket Fox

Ektope
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Pocket Fox said:

Best way to make CASH, XP, and GOLD..... PvP Playlists.  omg Take Two must be losing money from all the pvpers. I propose we charge people $10 an hour to gain access to pvp showdown series or Take Two won't make enough money to survive.

Won't this deter people from playing Showdown? I've looked at my Showdown games played. They are over 5,000+ matches. There's 6 matches an hour. Now imagine $8,333.00+ spent in fees. I hope you weren't serious. Also, if people wanna fight anything, they can go do it for free in free roam. That's not good, if you don't want people killing in free roam and should be more encouraged to in Showdown. Also, with the disconnects and backing out of Showdown for special ammo. It's not a good idea. Either way, that $10 would add up to enormous amount, if the person played a lot.

Maybe it should it cost $100.00 cash to have access to private invite only sessions for one hour.

Edited by Ektope

Lonely-Martin
38 minutes ago, Ektope said:

Won't this deter people from playing Showdown? I've looked at my Showdown games played. They are over 5,000+ matches. There's 6 matches an hour. Now imagine $8,333.00+ spent in fees. I hope you weren't serious. Also, if people wanna fight anything, they can go do it for free in free roam. That's not good, if you don't want people killing in free roam and should be more encouraged to in Showdown. Also, with the disconnects and backing out of Showdown for special ammo. It's not a good idea. Either way, that $10 would add up to enormous amount, if the person played a lot.

Maybe it should it cost $100.00 cash to have access to private invite only sessions for one hour.

Lol, Pocket Fox was being sarcastic towards the person saying PvE/friendly lobbies aren't here because 'it's free money' 

If the reason invite or such doesn't exist is because we can earn too much, but showdowns earn us more. By that person above's logic, showdowns are costing R* sales in gold too, lol.

Such flawed logic from a poster above is all. :) 

Coleco
4 hours ago, Pocket Fox said:

So goodluck to R* with not adding private/pve lobbies and thinking it'll earn them more money. Most of the few people I know on my list who play RDR2, aren't playing and will not play until private lobbies. 

This is pretty much my outlook right now (and most of the people I know online). I thought i'd be far more invested but at the moment I can take or leave RDO. If things don't change it will be too easy to find another game to occupy my time - it's not as if there's any kind of shortage!

4 hours ago, Pocket Fox said:

Their buying shark cards depends on the GAMEPLAY LOOPS and FUN on offer, not the absence of it or gated content behind grind.

Exactly. If consumers understand this, why can't publishers? Developers and designers should, and probably do - but it seems increasingly that gameplay decisions are hijacked/dictated by the suits or shareholders and all it does is make for cynical, mediocre or poor experiences... which will likely lead to less opportunities for "recurrent user spending" as people find it harder to engage with your product.

Pocket Fox
1 hour ago, Lonely-Martin said:

Lol, Pocket Fox was being sarcastic towards the person saying PvE/friendly lobbies aren't here because 'it's free money' 

If the reason invite or such doesn't exist is because we can earn too much, but showdowns earn us more. By that person above's logic, showdowns are costing R* sales in gold too, lol.

Such flawed logic from a poster above is all. :) 

Sometimes I put /s to denote sarcasm, but even then sometimes people think it's a serious argument.

The argument for no pve/invite lobbies is that players will swarm to them and rake in tonnes of in game cash, xp, gold, loot and gain an advantage over those who do not. It is actually the opposite as PvP playlists give a lot more reward for less risk.

Many games have a PvE and PvP environment and you can switch between either but rewards are different. Example, World of Warships. PvE match, win and do an amazing job. 1.5kxp and maybe 50k creds profit. SAME performance in pvp random battle. 7k xp and 450k creds profit. So no one is complaining about PvE'rs super boosting in a cheap and easy mode and then getting ahead of pvp'ers. 

So you'd ask why do people playing WoWS ever bother with PvE if PvP give more rewards?

-Testing builds

-Practice with their ship/build

-Gameplay loop with greater fun/reward for their preference.

For me and I know for many others, it's the same in GTAO. I dont want crazy public lobbies, I hate that. Because I can port block that BS I still play the game. Many of my older friends gave up on GTAO the day public sessions became the thing for new content. I would only ever play with them rarely in an invite only server and they'd be like 'theres nothing new' and quit in a day. No desire to play the new gameplay loops of bunkers, smugglers etc and so a lost customer.... which as I always say 'you cannot monetise someone who is NOT playing your game.'  so R* lost themselves some customers and some sales in that regard.

As a business you can provide a product and a service, meet 'reasonable' consumer demands and expectations and STILL make tonnes of money. The issue for gaming now is that shareholders DO NOT CARE about player satisfaction, only monetisation. If it was legal, they would code the game to drain our paypal accounts. As it is, many games are featuring more and more gambling mechanics and triggers used by slot machines to encourage addictive behaviour and overspending. This is not pro-consumer, it is pure gluttony and greed. Games as art and entertainment suffer when from the ground up they are not designed as either art or entertainment but are instead designed as a gambling or addictive based system, designed to take the most amount of money for the least amount of effort.

We're getting waaaay off topic as to what this thread is about however. I was addressing someone posturing that pve mode = mega rich farm simulator - which would result in R*'s financial ruin because no one would buy gold/shark cards ever again.

Yeah... hi... im that person whos always asking for PvE/Private lobbies.

I've spent $1.5k AUD on GTAO and I've never played an adversary mode except a few times with 2-4 friends.

I've spent $300 AUD on RDRO

So yeah, I'm totally free-loading on poor old R*  ( /s )

How much do these PvP ONLY players spend?

I shudder to think what I've spent on World of Tanks/Warships. like $5k AUD easily. And sadly I think whales like me hurt the game because seriously, they have 2-3 different lootbox events at any one time and keep making ships harder to earn and introduce more gated content. The game is trash now, just a gambling junky app.

Ektope
Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Pocket Fox said:

The argument for no pve/invite lobbies is that players will swarm to them and rake in tonnes of in game cash, xp, gold, loot and gain an advantage over those who do not. It is actually the opposite as PvP playlists give a lot more reward for less risk.

I just want to point out that PvP Showdown / Free Roam Events have much more risk involved than PvE Story Missions, Stranger Missions and Gang Hideouts. But it does make sense for more risk = more rewards. PvE content is too easy in this game, like having a success rate of 99%. PvP isn't that easy without practice, and can't always win. Every time someone poke their head out and can get killed instantly, that isn't easy and a lot of risk. So yeah, it makes sense here that PvP would reward more.

Edited by Ektope

Jason

If you think a PvE game can't make an eye watering amount of money yer a dumb dumb.

PvE servers aren't even about making money, not really, they're about playing a type of experience you can only get in a PvE environment. Because you know you aren't going to get shot in the back people are much more open to naturally teaming together for things, towns and cities become social areas rather than warzones. You can walk around without having to be armed to the teeth etc. That's the type of experience PvE's want, it aint always about making money in a safe environment.