4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

ALifeOfMisery

RED DEAD ONLINE BETA UPDATE (5/3/19)

4eyedcoupe
22 minutes ago, Micah said:

Huh, well I haven't experienced that bug. Are you playing on a PS4 PRO or Xbox X? If you are expecting top notch optimization along with less bugs I'd play on those. Judging by your post history you have neither.

I have PS4 Pro and a PS4 slim 1T, two copies of the game, and play on both consoles.  They both experience the same bugs, one doesn't have less or more bugs than the other.

Jason

Pro and X versions have better performance and visuals, ie frame rate and resolution. They don't make a game less buggy. Hell, a few days ago I was playing (on my PS4 Pro) and the game crashed so hard I had to unplug the console from the mains and rebuild the consoles databases. That's a type of crash that can corrupt storage and cause content loss.

Boozey St John
11 minutes ago, Micah said:

First of all I do not have an issue with those who disagree with myself, I only look to correct those who misinterpret or overthink the game. I could say "Hey Jason that's offensive to correct me" but I understand you see a issue and hope I can fix it. I am not a difficult person to conversate with. 

Sorry for the slight off topic shenanigans, but pro & X does improve the game. My friends who play on the X, have fluid gameplay whereas my standard ps4 friend experiences issues.

Everyone complaining about the same bugs> BUT MY FRIENDS PLAY ON AN XBOX X/PRO. BUGS DONT EXIST! 

And thank you @Jason. You are very well mannered and nice! 

Micah
1 minute ago, 4eyedcoupe said:

I have PS4 Pro and a PS4 slim 1T, two copies of the game, and play on both consoles.  They both experience the same bugs, one doesn't have less or more bugs than the other.

Well unfortunately I cannot test that for myself, because I unfortunately do not have enough money to blow on gaming consoles. (Whereas I have a family unlike others)

The reason I cannot hold your words is because I own a PS4 pro and experience little to no issues. What internet service provider do you have?

3 minutes ago, Boozey St John said:

Everyone complaining about the same bugs> BUT MY FRIENDS PLAY ON AN XBOX X/PRO. BUGS DONT EXIST! 

And thank you @Jason. You are very well mannered and nice! 

How can we test your hypothesis? I've been playing all day everyday and haven't experienced anything bad.

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

Pro and X versions have better performance and visuals, ie frame rate and resolution. They don't make a game less buggy. Hell, a few days ago I was playing (on my PS4 Pro) and the game crashed so hard I had to unplug the console from the mains and rebuild the consoles databases. That's a type of crash that can corrupt storage and cause content loss.

I doubt the bug was that bad, Jason. Calm down, relax, and let's discuss. You said your game crashed? Ok to the home screen? Home screen allows you to restart your system on the pro. Did you not know this?

YNNEL

They initially made out it was all coming in one big update last week. They have been a bit misleading tbh. Think that’s why people are getting frustrated.

Boozey St John
5 minutes ago, Micah said:

Well unfortunately I cannot test that for myself, because I unfortunately do not have enough money to blow on gaming consoles. (Whereas I have a family unlike others)

The reason I cannot hold your words is because I own a PS4 pro and experience little to no issues. What internet service provider do you have?

How can we test your hypothesis? I've been playing all day everyday and haven't experienced anything bad.

😂😂😂

The fecker is arguing about something he hasn't even tried out himself. 

Okay, we had fun fecking around  with you. Refreshing to see someone who's so blissfully ignorant.

Jason

> give details on the crash I had where I quite clearly said I had to unplug the PS4 at the mains

> "ok but did you know you can go to the home screen"

Yep that's a troll :^)

Rafae S

trash

Boozey St John

> give details on the crash I had where I quite clearly said I had to unplug the PS4 at the mains

>Oh but have you tried playing on a pro or Xbox one X?

>I haven't because I have a family...

Remember when internet was a luxury?

4eyedcoupe
6 minutes ago, Boozey St John said:

😂😂😂

The fecker is arguing about something he hasn't even tried out himself. 

Okay, we had fun fecking around  with you. Refreshing to see someone who's so blissfully ignorant.

YUP.  No point in even acknowledging his posts.  

Jason

He's been taken out back, we gucci again. Back to moaning about the update!

TheLordMarvel
Posted (edited)

Rockstar Twitter just said

As Red Dead Online evolves past beta, we will keep adding and improving features to give you a deeper connection to the world, your character, your horse and your weapons as well as adding new gameplay that will help players carve out their own fate across the lawless frontier.

Am I reading into it too much or does it sound like the beta is/is about to be over?

Edited by TheLordMarvel
Editing is fun.

Fun 2
Posted (edited)

All the content is in the update or was added with the February update. It's just locked for the only reason we know as ... coming soon.

I know for a fact the code and prices are already set so it's not like they are making the final touches of a certain game mode. It's all there but locked away.

I don't understand why they are drip-feeding at this early stage of the game aka beta period. If it was GTA Online, I would understand because that game been out for 5 years but this is Rockstar's latest addition.

The community is complaining online mode doesn't have major content and R* decide it's time to drip-feed content.

The only technical reason I can think of is to ensure their bug tracking system doesn't go all hell loose with all the bugs that may appear from new content.

Edited by Fun 2

Gleeman Vox

At this rate, ability cards are gonna be dripfed.

chef_archie
2 hours ago, Micah said:

All of that content, wow. And yet people still complain R* doesn't care, absolutely ridiculous. 

I for one will be playing all day today & probably take off work tomorrow. Have fun outlaws!

Dude joined yesterday and is doing heavy PR work for Rockstar....

ALifeOfMisery
39 minutes ago, Fun 2 said:

All the content is in the update or was added with the February update. It's just locked for the only reason we know as ... coming soon.

I know for a fact the code and prices are already set so it's not like they are making the final touches of a certain game mode. It's all there but locked away.

I don't understand why they are drip-feeding at this early stage of the game aka beta period. If it was GTA Online, I would understand because that game been out for 5 years but this is Rockstar's latest addition.

The community is complaining online mode doesn't have major content and R* decide it's time to drip-feed content.

The only technical reason I can think of is to ensure their bug tracking system doesn't go all hell loose with all the bugs that may appear from new content.

Personally I think this dripfeed is just to buy time. The reason for that I don't know.

Could it be because they simply want to stretch out the beta because of bug fixes and game stability before they remove the beta tag? Is it because they're unsure of what direction to take? Maybe the next update isn't developing as quickly as they would have hoped? 

Any of those reasons could be viable, as could many more we could come up with here. I'm as sure as I can be that buying time is the main aim of drip feeding at such an early stage in RDOs life though.

Lonely-Martin
48 minutes ago, Fun 2 said:

Just curious, are the friendly lobbies you mentioned before still tucked away/locked Or have they been taken out completely?

I only ask as that's all I seek to play and if they've removed or not developed them, it could go a long way towards weather I'm waiting in hope or waiting for nothing. If they ain't coming, I'll just piss off, lol.

I don't enjoy hating on this but they really are making it easy but I'm sure many would love for me to move on if they aren't coming. :)

TheExecutor10
Posted (edited)

I just got disconnected 6 times in a row. I can't even play Fool's Gold. I only received 1 invite in 3 hours, I accepted, and then got disconnected. Great.

The Evans Repeater is cool though.

EDIT: And shortly after posting this I got disconnected again. What a joke. I can't even buy a weapon in the catalogue, that's how fast I get disconnected.

Edited by TheExecutor10

TheShift
Posted (edited)

Personally ..if they do happen. 

It will be way down the line of things coming 

Maybe even a year (my opinion)

Because they wouldn't dedicate so much effort into making this bounty/blip system work 

If they were just going to hand over private lobbys

@Lonely-Martin 

Edited by TheShift

Fun 2
7 minutes ago, Lonely-Martin said:

Just curious, are the friendly lobbies you mentioned before still tucked away/locked Or have they been taken out completely?

The fact that you're placed in a private lobby when doing stranger missions for the first time is all you need to know that private sessions exist.

Lonely-Martin
1 minute ago, Fun 2 said:

The fact that you're placed in a private lobby when doing stranger missions for the first time is all you need to know that private sessions exist.

Ahh, cool. 

I'll continue to wait and spam feedback in hope, thank you for the info.

Jason
3 minutes ago, Fun 2 said:

Plus the fact that those sessions have literally zero issues tells you that there is no tech related reason for them not to be in the game. It's 100% a design choice.

17 minutes ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

Personally I think this dripfeed is just to buy time. The reason for that I don't know.

Could it be because they simply want to stretch out the beta because of bug fixes and game stability before they remove the beta tag? Is it because they're unsure of what direction to take? Maybe the next update isn't developing as quickly as they would have hoped? 

Any of those reasons could be viable, as could many more we could come up with here. I'm as sure as I can be that buying time is the main aim of drip feeding at such an early stage in RDOs life though.

This sentence here kinda blends with what you said. Sounds promising, hope so.

"This beta period allows us to shape and improve the fundamentals of that world before the journey of Red Dead Online truly begins". 

Fun 2
27 minutes ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

Those "new content" are simply locked away from us while it's available on R* developer servers, they can try it out there and I'm sure they did otherwise they would have chosen to release it with the next update after the recent one.

Now if you are talking about the beta tag, aren't we supposed to test features and content during beta period ? How is locking content away helpful in guiding us through a path to fix this game ?

I don't see this as them buying time, it's more like they are wasting time.

If they are trying to shape and improve the fundamentals of RDO before its journey begins, release the freaking new content so we can give you feedback.

Week 1: New freeroam event

Week 2: Update to said event based on feedback

Week 3: Update to said event based on feedback

Week 4: Update to said event based on feedback

is better than

Week 1: -

Week 2: -

Week 3: -

Week 4: New freeroam event

Jason

@Fun 2

Yea bang on the money. It's a "beta" but they're treating the (much needed) content updates like it's an out of beta game.

Cutter De Blanc

Almost like these guys suck at maintaining an online game

coach_wargo

4Q8pLk.gif

ALifeOfMisery
3 minutes ago, Fun 2 said:

Those "new content" are simply locked away from us while it's available on R* developer servers, they can try it out there and I'm sure they did otherwise they would have chosen to release it with the next update after the recent one.

Now if you are talking about the beta tag, aren't we supposed to test features and content during beta period ? How is locking content away helpful in guiding us through a path to fix this game ?

I don't see this as them buying time, it's more like they are wasting time.

If they are trying to shape and improve the fundamentals of RDO before its journey begins, release the freaking new content so we can give you feedback.

Week 1: New freeroam event

Week 2: Update to said event based on feedback

Week 3: Update to said event based on feedback

Week 4: Update to said event based on feedback

is better than

Week 1: -

Week 2: -

Week 3: -

Week 4: New freeroam event

Couldn't agree more.

The beta tag is pretty much a meme now, it's gone on for too long and R* aren't treating the game like a beta. 

As for the buying Vs wasting time, yeah, I was being uncharacteristically diplomatic, dripfeeding at this point in the games life is a complete waste of time as your week 1 through 4 example shows.

Golgotha666

This is what happens when you fire your lead producer. I'm beginning to think it was the Housers who wanted monetize the f*ck out of their IPs & Benzies pushed back, so they fired him while on vacation. 

Regardless, the quality of GTAO has taken a complete sh*t since he was fired. They pushed nothing but Adversay Mode for over a year after he was gone. Now, RDO is following the same path. I mean, whats the missing ingredient, folks? Benzies. They couldn't even get RDR1 to work properly without his help. 

DarksunDaFirst
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Micah said:

All of that content, wow. And yet people still complain R* doesn't care, absolutely ridiculous. 

I for one will be playing all day today & probably take off work tomorrow. Have fun outlaws!

How long is your workday....45 minutes?  

Because that's about how much new content there is, and that includes a 20 minute bathroom break.

1 hour ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

I think it's because they had a direction and are having, or had, some serious second thoughts.  

The development of online started before and during the largest backlash against microtransactions and loot boxes in videogames, as well as the concepts of gambling for kids.  They had an idea and it involved all of that.

Then the backlash came and they were a couple months out from release of RDR2 with no backup plan for Online.  The microtransactions they have now are still *VERY* mild compared to most other games.  They have a bit of Pay2Win flavor going on with the guns, but at least ability cards (and I hate those cards) can't have gold spent on them and there is no gold <-> cash conversion (yet...and hopefully never, because that would be their one way to get gambling games into online - keeping gold and cash 100% separate).

And now we're at the point where maybe they're just starting to get their sh*t together to appease people as they work out more and more stuff behind the scenes.  

It would also explain why their "Beta" has gone on for 3+ months with multiple giveaways.

This is all speculation but damn, the way things have gone on with R* and T2...it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

Edited by DarksunDaFirst