25 minutes ago, Lord-Sam said:

Isn't promoting a glitch against the rules or something

were just discussing a bug :r*:

Ryan5252
1 hour ago, Lord-Sam said:

Isn't promoting a glitch against the rules or something

Something 

Ektope

This doesn't seem to work anymore on Xbox, for me. It might have been completely patched in background update.

GTP_Monkey
16 hours ago, Chrismads said:

Didn't R* hand out permanent bans for gtao when ppl were cheating with the ingame currency? 

I can only hope for the same with rdo and contribute by report cheating when I get my laptop turned on.

This isn't cool. It's ruining the game if every noob can get unlimited money.

Yes they did they hammered PC players and did money wipes and bans to a lesser extent on console 

Dr.Rosenthal
Posted (edited)

It’s not possible anymore on PS4, seems like a server-side hotfix. It also seems to be primarily the passive mode part that won’t work, so maybe there are workarounds.

It was good while it lasted. I still got tons of goals to achieve in this game though, but I’m happy that I’ve got at least a few of them out of the way without having to go fish for weeks to afford them.

I don’t think R* can afford banning too many players (and a lot of players took part in this glitch, whether intentionally or by coincidental discovery) - after all, the players who are online at this point in time are enthusiasts and you’d think they’re important to maintaining the game’s popularity. They can do a money wipe but I don’t think they’ll remove purchased items.

All speculation of course!

Edited by Dr.Rosenthal

4eyedcoupe
1 minute ago, Dr.Rosenthal said:

It’s not possible anymore on PS4, seems like a server-side hotfix. It also seems to be primarily the passive mode part that won’t work, so maybe there are workarounds.

Yes, they hotfixed the passive mode part. But there is a work-around already, but the people who have found it haven't shared it yet.  Wait til friday, they will probably release the details so you will have all weekend to being passive before R* can catch up to it next week.

ShayD
21 minutes ago, 4eyedcoupe said:

Yes, they hotfixed the passive mode part. But there is a work-around already, but the people who have found it haven't shared it yet.  Wait til friday, they will probably release the details so you will have all weekend to being passive before R* can catch up to it next week.

Has anyone tried joining friends instead of recent players? that was working for me on wednesday morning since I couldn't get any recent players to show on the list.

4eyedcoupe
32 minutes ago, ShayD said:

Has anyone tried joining friends instead of recent players? that was working for me on wednesday morning since I couldn't get any recent players to show on the list.

My understanding is the hotfix happened yesterday afternoon, I haven't tried it since the other day.  The passive mode has been out for awhile, I've enjoyed it myself many times.  Once I saw the animal glitch I knew it was bye-bye on the passive mode.  

ShayD
1 minute ago, 4eyedcoupe said:

My understanding is the hotfix happened yesterday afternoon, I haven't tried it since the other day.  The passive mode has been out for awhile, I've enjoyed it myself many times.  Once I saw the animal glitch I knew it was bye-bye on the passive mode.  

Oh well, it was nice while it lasted. 

4eyedcoupe
4 hours ago, ShayD said:

Oh well, it was nice while it lasted. 

Yea, it was.  The carcass dupe is really just a result of the changes they did on Feb 26th regarding losing carcasses when you die.  Before the 26th,  the horse would still disappear, but the carcass did too. 

Foxwolfe
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Ryan5252 said:

It took them a week. 

Are all the various bugs that have existed since launch and new ones they've added more complex? I refer of course to the horse bonding bug, the stubble bug, animals de-spawning etc etc ad nauseam. 

That's my point, we have no idea what any of these bugs involve to fix, especially in a huge ass game like this with literally mountains of code. Could be a case of fixing one thing breaks something else worse, or it could just be that they don't view a particular issue to be a high priority. Sometimes things get marked as fixed but the fix doesn't take in that build and maybe it still won't take 5 builds from now but as far as that particular dev knows it's "fixed" on his build each time he pushes it.

We aren't there so we have no idea, if a fix is easy and they can do it in a week (which afaik would be an in game fix, as I mentioned above, they don't have to go through certification like full on patches do) then great, but that has no bearing or impact on how fast or slow any of the other bugs take to get fixed.

Edit: in case you're wondering where my perspective comes from on this I did game testing at Microsft/Warner Bros/Nintendo during the time I lived in Seattle. Obviously wasn't a dev but I worked directly with them and gained a bit of knowledge on how the dev process worked at the time.

Edited by Foxwolfe

ALifeOfMisery

As R* have gone in hard on the players who had taken advantage of the recent Lester glitch in GTAO I wonder if the players who have duped carcasses in RDO can expect the same fate?

It can't be that hard to track players who have been selling a carcass for the exact same price dozens, if not hundreds, of times, each sale being only a few seconds apart.

As I've stated before, I don't care how other players come by their in game money, but if I had taken part, I'd be buying everything I might want just in case a cash wipe happens in RDO.

ShayD
1 hour ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

As I've stated before, I don't care how other players come by their in game money, but if I had taken part, I'd be buying everything I might want just in case a cash wipe happens in RDO.

I just bought some clothes and a new horse. Its a shame theres no real assets you can buy to hold your cash like elegys in GTAO to store and sell later.

netnow66

The dupe glitch appears to be gone for now but the new passive lobby glitch is spreading. That's how it started last time...

Ryan5252

I really can't understand how people are so gullible to clickbait. This is an article posted yesterday and it even goes as far as stating "Of course, with the glitch becoming more and more prevalent, a hotfix is likely on the way" dispite it having been patched ages ago.

I'm not sure what's more depressing; the fact that people are paid to publish such irrelevant nonsense or that other people actually buy into it. I suppose that's how MrBossFTW and crew make a fairly decent living.

r3aOWSh.png

https://comicbook.com/gaming/amp/2019/03/10/red-dead-online-rdr2-ps4-xbox-hunting-glitch/ 

4eyedcoupe
Posted (edited)

^^^That glitch was still going on as of this morning, there was just a different way of going passive that involved joining a friend and then entering the stable somehow. I didn't do it, but the work around was made public Saturday.  Rockstar is probably fixing it today.

Edited by 4eyedcoupe

Red Lynx 23
1 hour ago, 4eyedcoupe said:

^^^That glitch was still going on as of this morning, there was just a different way of going passive that involved joining a friend and then entering the stable somehow. I didn't do it, but the work around was made public Saturday.  Rockstar is probably fixing it today.

I wonder when they'll start money wipes? Maybe also progress resetting and bans for the worst offenders.

4eyedcoupe

@Red Lynx 23 I always look at how they deal with it in GTA.  Obviously they must be trying to improve anti-cheats, but if you look a GTA they never really punished glitchers using broken game mechanics, but they have always gone after some modded accounts and people who use modded scripts.  I think that is why PC see's all of the bans and not really console.  If you got banned on console, it would have most likely been on last gen when there were many tools for modding the game.  I didn't play online for the "billion $ bounty days" but I would think unless something  happens that gets as bad as that, we'll be ok as far as a money wipe.   

Red Lynx 23

@4eyedcoupeLots of people had their glitched money taken away after doing the hangar money glitch. But items they bought were fine. Unlike the swap character money glitches that happened twice, Deveste 8 bonds may have been a good idea.

4eyedcoupe
39 minutes ago, Red Lynx 23 said:

@4eyedcoupeLots of people had their glitched money taken away after doing the hangar money glitch. But items they bought were fine. Unlike the swap character money glitches that happened twice, Deveste 8 bonds may have been a good idea.

Maybe I should sign on and check my account then lol.  It's been so long that I don't even know what a Deveste is.  But my GTA $ is mostly legit,  I just bought a lot of items and Rockstar failed to take $ away somehow :sarcasm: 

Ryan5252
20 hours ago, 4eyedcoupe said:

Didn't realise that, ops! I thought it was all closed permanently 

4eyedcoupe
28 minutes ago, Ryan5252 said:

Didn't realise that, ops! I thought it was all closed permanently 

Apparently there is another waiting in the winds to be made public after R* fixes the current one.  This dupe glitch won't go away if R* doesn't patch what is causing the dupe instead of fixing the passive mode part.  Again, the passive mode thing was around for a long time and the dupe glitch was found after the Feb 26th update.   They never bothered to fix passive mode until people started duping.  

chuckclc
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, 4eyedcoupe said:

Apparently there is another waiting in the winds to be made public after R* fixes the current one.  This dupe glitch won't go away if R* doesn't patch what is causing the dupe instead of fixing the passive mode part.  Again, the passive mode thing was around for a long time and the dupe glitch was found after the Feb 26th update.   They never bothered to fix passive mode until people started duping.  

Yep.  I used that "passive mode" thing for a long time just when I wanted to hop on and hunt in peace.  For at least a month.  Then the cougar thing came along and ruined it.

Edited by chuckclc

CrissRiot
Posted (edited)

Kinda sh*tty that Rockstar hasn't learned a thing since 2013 on how to deal with this sh*t. Though, given that GTAO has just had a major money wipe, maybe they'll do the same here.

Edited by CrissRiot