1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Smokewood

Didn't play any other game for 4 months!

Smokewood

The story-mode is so damn good!

I didn't play any other game for 4 months outside jumping into GTAO for a few hours to keep up with everything I have there.

That's how good this game is, in story-mode!

I was really into NBA 2K19 before RDR2 and finally went back to it over the weekend. Needless to say I couldn't hit a shot to save my life.

I ended up restarting MyCareer and played the sh*t out of it all weekend.

I have a ton of games that I have been neglecting for months...

Failed Again

I feel the same way, I doubt there will ever be a game this good again

Smokewood

This is the only game in the past decade (or two) that has caused me to quit playing everything else while I was into it. Sux that RDO is complete garbage! 

O.Z

I don’t play any other games fullstop, apart from some co-op play with my son: Lego City Undercover is our favourite. GTA for kids lol.

But yeah, RDR2, GTA IV, GTA V are the only games that get my attention these days...

Jimbatron

Same here

Posted (edited)

Yes.

3 hours ago, Smokewood said:

This is the only game in the past decade (or two) that has caused me to quit playing everything else while I was into it. Sux that RDO is complete garbage! 

Suck that the single player is abandoned too.

Edited by 0223998743

Mistermilan07

Same here

Bought red dead on launch date. Finished story only yesterday. What a game!!

Mixed my gameplay up with gtao and I only play 1 to 2h a day

Smokey Head

Same Man Same. Havent seen any other game. Been playing it for almost two months. Not a pro gamer but i love gaming for tackling my work stress. Btw which platforms u guys are playing it on? I heard some people are playing Red dead redemption on PC using some sort of emulator thingy? Is there any authentic emulator too?

Lonely-Martin

It's either been this or GTA:O for me since this game out.

GTA:O because I had a few goals I was close to hitting like the CMM trophy for DDH and rank 1k. At rank 999 now and did that trophy during the 2x DDH finales. Popped in for t-shirts and free cash of course. I did enjoy the arena DLC but the unlock/ranking system killed it in the long run for me.

Otherwise it's been the story mode here. I love it though upon the release of online and me trying it, it did leave a bad taste and I needed some time away from gaming too, lol. They really have scored a 'miss' with online which after this being such a big hit for me, was very disheartening.

But 1 rank to go in GTA:O which will happen tomorrow and I'm done with online gaming for a spell, if not for good. This games story mode will certainly help. :)

DrDetroit
Posted (edited)

Good to know I'm not the only one.  I'm still very hooked on SP mode (RDO not so much - it's ok I guess), at the detriment of ARMA3 ALiVE and DCS. 

EDIT: 3rd playthrough, and still have missed some cool events and side quests!  Gonna take this one really really slow.

Good day!

DrDetroit

Edited by DrDetroit

HeyThereFriend

Same here. I'm on my 4th playthrough and going for the true 100% this time around. I too have neglected everything I was doing before. I had a modded Skyrim Special Edition playthrough going and I haven't touched that since before RDR2 came out. I barely played WWE 2K19 as well and I was looking crazy forward to that as well. Fallout 76 I played for like 10 hours but have no desire to go back to it because...yeah you know.

Just got back into WWE 2K19 and recently purchased Fire Pro Wrestling World so I am starting to smooth other things into my gaming time. Haven't actually played RDR2 in about a week and I'm missing it quite a bit. Will be going back to it some time this week though.

Implicitly

Yeah I can't play any other game either now after, so I just try to pull through with online despite how much of a sh*t show it is currently... So much potential. Though, RD2 story slightly did irk me, but a gorgeous game. I love the "gang" / cast too. They all vibe well together.

Penicuikscotland2010

I'm the opposite. Just been too stressed with life the past 3 months. Stuck RDR2 on last night for the first time. Still in total AWE at how beautiful this game is. My favorite game until RDR3 i'm sure haha. 

Cutter De Blanc

Likewise,  been playing it since release but now I'm so jaded by Rockstar that I don't want to play anything at all

Tonesta

So I've been finding something odd with RDR2.

My first playthrough took me somewhere between 150 to 200 hours. It was the deepest, most immersive gaming experience I've had and I loved almost every minute of it. I got to ~98.5% completion (because **** you, Gambler Challenge #8; I just don't care enough about that final trophy to play Blackjack badly for that many hours).

Once I finally wrapped it up (in early February), I launched straight in to a second playthrough......and then only 3 missions into Chapter 2, I stalled out. Yes, I've been crazy busy, but for the first three months after release I was happy to sink every minute of my free time into the game; since I finished and started playthrough #2, I've found myself spending my free time on other things and have only played RDR2 once in the past month.

With GTAV - which I also really enjoyed, but would say is an inferior game - I not only sunk 100 hours into my first playthrough, but I worked through the whole story four times before I wanted to move on to other things.

I'm trying to work out why this is - why I'm finding RDR2 less replayable than some of its inferior peers...….

The best I can come up with is that RDR2 is so much of a journey, so much of an experience, that once you've finished it and you know where it leads you, it's just less compelling to take that journey a second time.

The last mission I played was The First Shall be the Last - saving Sean, and then hanging out with the gang having a party. First time through, that mission/aftermath was a great, fun high - saving this cocky Irish lad and letting your hair down with the rest of this myriad bunch of outlaws. But now I know exactly what's going to happen to him, and them (and when it's going to happen)…...well, it kind of lost any emotional resonance. And what's left is purely the mechanics of the mission, and the snappiness of the dialogue. Which is fine, but just not quite as compelling, and not where RDR2's biggest strengths lie.

I also explored just about every corner of the map on my first time through, so there's very few secrets left to uncover - most of the exploration has already been done.

By contrast, with GTAV, the main enjoyment for me was in the big fun, cinematic set pieces and amusing dialogue.....and those didn't lose nearly as much from one playthrough to the next.

Does that all make sense to anyone, or am I on my own?

Marcinguy
Posted (edited)

Me too. I just now am getting into Hitman 2 and still have Spider-man and Soul Caliber VI sitting in the plastic wrapping they came in. 2 full playthroughs and a couple of times jumping into online took a good 4 months to get through. Granted I only played after work for a few hours every day, but the point is I touched no other game since putting the disc in back in November. What an epic experience though. I actually tried playing Horizon Zero Dawn right after and just sold it back to Gamestop after just like 6 hours. RDR has spoiled open world games for me I fear. 

Edited by Marcinguy
grammar

Hmmm nice bike

I haven't played any other games since I got RDR2 the first week of November. I haven't touched GTA Online in forever, and part of me is almost considering uninstalling it since I was losing interest long before RDR2 even came out. I think I just kept it because I knew friends who still played it. I also bought Destroy All Humans 1 and 2 back in December when they were both on sale on PSN for $1.50 each. I couldn't pass up that bargain, but have I even started playing them? Of course not.

The Deadite
2 hours ago, Hmmm nice bike said:

I haven't played any other games since I got RDR2 the first week of November. I haven't touched GTA Online in forever, and part of me is almost considering uninstalling it since I was losing interest long before RDR2 even came out.

Play RDO wit me more oftennn XDDDDDDD

2 hours ago, Marcinguy said:

...I just know am getting into Hitman 2 and still have Spider-man and Soul Caliber VI sitting in the plastic wrapping they came in...

Wtf play Spider-Man, if you have any ounce of appreciation for the character you will adore the game.

Hmmm nice bike
3 hours ago, The Deadite said:

Play RDO wit me more oftennn XDDDDDDD

Half the enjoyment really was just sitting by the campfire and talking. And given the significant lack of things to do, it's arguably the most fulfilling aspect of RDRonline. That and when we all went to Guarma together, it was like a vacation (I think learning that being able to go out-of-boundaries was patched pretty much dashed my drive to get on it more often).

Smokewood

Update:

I haven't logged into RDR2 for over a week now.

I haven't logged into RDO in over 3 weeks now.

I haven't logged into GTAO in over a month.

RDO killed 3 games for me... lol

Wobbleman was right!

Once done with this game, you are done with this game!

Cutter De Blanc

I go outside

I am like "holy sh*t, sunlight"

Haven't played any games at all in about a week

I think I like real life better now

Thanks for killing gaming for me Rockstar 

I needed the push