3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Mad-Monkey_1st

Player overweight

Labovasha

Does each body type have it's own weight stages?

I selected the average and purposely keep the weight at max (7.5) and my character does not look fat at all, it looks the same since the first day when it was underweight (-7.0).

ALifeOfMisery
17 hours ago, Labovasha said:

Does each body type have it's own weight stages?

Afaik only Brawny and Heavy body types show any real weight gain/loss. 

Foxwolfe
Posted (edited)

I'm assuming all body types have different weight levels, some it's more pronounced than others but when my average build dude was overweight (not by much but enough to make the core drain red for a few days) he was visibly a bit thicker with clothing on but without a shirt the difference wasn't very noticeable.

Granted I didn't test this out but doesn't really make sense to add variable character weight and only have it visibly effect certain body types.

Edit: but then again if Labo is correct above then maybe I'm wrong lol. The difference in my characters appearance was quite subtle, maybe I was imagining it /shrug

Edited by Foxwolfe

BUT THE BENZ

does the consumption of tonics (also gin/rum for that matter) add to my obesity? just wanna know if I have to flat out starve or be safe to just sip some gin and pop a tonic now and then

JimmieCrackorn

I know that Heavy/Brawny body type characters get visibly larger, but I'm also unsure about the other body types. My guy has an athletic body type, used to be constantly underweight for the longest time, but now I'm max overweight, like a lot of people. Now, I could just be imagining things, but it does look like he's just a tad more built. I think he looked a little more sickly when he was at max underweight. Then again, I could just be imagining things...

The one thing I did notice was that one of my jackets used to fit pretty tight to my character in the past. Ever since I hit max overweight, it fits much looser, seems way "puffier". That might be unrelated, but I did take notice.

Foxwolfe

Whether intentional or not one or some of the jackets have had how they hang or sit on a character changed, the one I noticed was the leather jacket, the upper arm area kinda curves in now and makes the shoulder look like it sticks out further and is kinda pointy, looks odd compared to how it used to fit.

Amy Vinewood

I've been eating a steady diet of Bulrush and I'm still fat

QnpjgFd.jpg

Foxwolfe

Apparently bulrush is full of poison, and fat.

Mad-Monkey_1st
Posted (edited)

Well have R* slipped in an update as im now red underweight and for last 2 real life days im feeding him canned fruit for breakfast minty big game for lunch and beans biscuits and fruit for tea thats a game day and done several of those now and not put any weight on.

Going online shortly for a full real life game day session and will see what happens  

Edited by GTP_Monkey

Clickalot

WOOOHOooo

I lost weight :D

Clickalot

One minty big game and I am fat again ? 😶

Well that went fast

Failed Again

While in the tailors at St Denis, I overheard a fella in the next stall callout to the proprietor, "Does this coat make me look fat"

Proprietor notices Big duel sawed offs, and replied, Don't doubt yourself, you look Great in that!"

aFinn
11 hours ago, GTP_Monkey said:

Well have R* slipped in an update as im now red underweight and for last 2 real life days im feeding him canned fruit for breakfast minty big game for lunch and beans biscuits and fruit for tea thats a game day and done several of those now and not put any weight on.

Going online shortly for a full real life game day session and will see what happens  

After eating big game meat you need to change session/fast travel. That will save/show the change in weight.

Eat big game meat and then something else too and candy and switch sessions.

Mad-Monkey_1st
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, aFinn said:

After eating big game meat you need to change session/fast travel. That will save/show the change in weight.

Eat big game meat and then something else too and candy and switch sessions.

Ive been in 2 dozen sessions since i got to minus 7.5%    red underweight and currently at minus 6 underweight Having eaten several minty big game and a dozen or so other mplain meats several tins of beans and canned fruit biscuits and candy all ove aprox 20 game days in 2 real life sessions of 10 hours plus 

Ate sh*t loads in last game day so will report when i boot up today what the outcome is 

Edited by GTP_Monkey

BUT THE BENZ

no longer overweight! been average. then perfect, then avearage again and now underweight for 2 days

haven't eaten  anything besides a can of baked beans to get there.

now slowly with canned vegetables, and maybe a piece of beef a day, I will slowly get back to perfect (hopefully)

have a feeling that whatever I eat, or don't, the outcome shows 2  or 3 days later. strange cycle

hugh750

i'm still in the red overweight even though i have slimmed down a little.

i've been mainly been eating fruits.

Mad-Monkey_1st

So logged on this morning and still underweight minus 6 after all that food he has eaten in the last few days 

BUT THE BENZ

I'd be careful with eating just to balance when you're still in the reds. should wait a day or two, maybe even 3 to see where you're at by then.

ZakeBudek

My conclusion is they need to explain the system.

I suspect given the food item variety, and it showing the effect, that you only want to eat to refill the heart core. As in empty core: big game; only a fraction missing: canned pineapple. Overfilling the core adds the extra to weight, as in fat. So if you're not "overeating" as far as the heart core matters you're not fat, stam/deadeye overfill probably less so or not at all, since those have non-food items. It's only a theory, it needs explained.

wehweh01

Feels good not being the guy who picked a brawny character who is now showing up as either "Big Chungus" or "Moto Moto" until the glitch is addressed. 

Image result for moto moto big chungus gif

Mad-Monkey_1st

Im sure R* have changed something again

Im now average bordering perfect weight i stay around the -0.75 to +0.75 of perfect and finding it easy to do so now, eating plump bird meat 3 or 4 times a day odd cans of fruit and occasional minty big game 

BUT THE BENZ

yeah they must have changed a bit, raised the tolerance for consumption or something, it's easier to balance your weight I think

Mad-Monkey_1st
1 minute ago, BUT THE BENZ said:

yeah they must have changed a bit, raised the tolerance for consumption or something, it's easier to balance your weight I think

Im definately convinced they are changing stuff in the background, only stuff thats not needed to be downloaded 

BUT THE BENZ

yeah pretty sure they shadow-fix stuff on the regular

Enchilada

Being fat just means you consume every time your cores drain slightly. I love griefing this types of players. It shows they are tryhards. So keep chugging for a measly kill lol

•—•
50 minutes ago, Enchilada said:

Being fat just means you consume every time your cores drain slightly. I love griefing this types of players. It shows they are tryhards. So keep chugging for a measly kill lol

What kind of sick weirdo gets off killing pixelated fatties in a video game?

What you're seeing is body type. The average, brawny and heavy are amongst what could be called fat.

When someone chugged tonics, it doesn't contribute towards weight gain. Unless you're on about kentucky bourbon, gin, stuff like that. Moonshine. Who even chugs these in a gun fight? There's people who rely on earned dead eye meter from kills and eye for an eye III, and some who choose the easy way to get full dead eye bar. 

You cannot tell what weight someone is because you can't read other people's stats. The point of this thread is discussing about how easy it was to become overweight in player stats. This has nothing to do with visual representation unless the character is average, brawny or heavy. Then the weight gain is easily shown. Someone could have fat looking character but skinny or perfect / average weight. Or a skinny character could be average to overweight.

I'm not offended in any way but I simply think your post is f*cking stupid.

Just so you know, I play with a skinny character and have an easy time maintaining perfect weight.